EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #61
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

MindFury wrote:

Getting to that point renewing subs for many is a major decision we struggle with each month. Some of us have been playing this game 5+ yrs and have devoted much money and time to it. And are finding ourselves fed up with how things are going. Hopefully something changes, soon, before I too, decide to not renew.

I will give this a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th for the accounts in our house. Previously I have pre-ordered the first day I was able, but after the TSO debacle and the dead feeling of the game this year I find myself in a complete wait and see mode before even thinking about ordering the xpac. This is something SOE needs to understand . . . many more people now have multiple accounts so this isnt a $40 decision to get the xpac any longer for us, it can run hundreds of dollars. So getting access to content that would be TSO 2.0 WILL NOT be worth it. If the content does not promote grouping options for non-raiders for a majority of the content that will actually be fun to do without an associated grinding like the shard system, simply put - there is an excellent chance that I will not purchase the expansion.

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #62
Galldora

Loremaster

A one-per-character mount with 65% runspeed is pretty nice, IMHO.  (EDITED TO SAY:  Thank you so much for responding to player requests and increasing the speed!  Kisses!) True, my character with an ice mare won't want to use it, not even in an appearance slot should we get one, since I love the look of the ice mare.  My character with the abyssal carpet won't use it, though she might in an appearance slot, as she hates crouching on her carpet.   But I have 10 more characters, and assorted temporary characters coming and going all the time, so this mount will be very handy.  I'll definitely be getting one collector's edition.  

Problem is, the account I consider my main account won't be getting the CE, since that is the account I registererd for Fan Faire (of course.)   I do wish the kitty was included in the FF package as well as in the CE.  (I don't want much for free, do I? )

About that armor...I agree with many others who have posted.  I would like to have seen a kitty with a saddle and bridle and very little else.  So many of our mounts are heavily armored, and they are all beginning to look so similar.  I want to see more of the cat!

Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #63
TheGeneral

Loremaster

I wouldn't mind leaving things as they are now and see what OTHER new items show up in the course of exploring the new expansion....  instant gratification is kinda lame.  Thank you for turning up the run speed, but lets be careful we don't ask for everything to just he handed to us right out of the box.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #64
Mystfit

Loremaster

I have two teenagers that came streaming down the hall with pleas of collector's edition after seeing the mount. They are accepting chores to earn the difference between the expansion and collector's edition SMILEY

Old 12-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #65
Drumstix

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

Kiara wrote:

Hello all!

Quick update.  Brenlo has let me know that the team discussed the run speed issue.  They agree that it could be a little more awesome to compliment the cool that is the kitty mount, so it has been adjusted to 65%.

Be sure to send pie

65% turns it up to 11!  

And that's not a giant jaw in the screen shot.  It's her fur tufts as some people have figured out.

It's one loud-ah!

[DrumsUI] author @ EQ2Interface.com
Drumstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #66
Kiara

Community Relations

Mystfit wrote:

I have two teenagers that came streaming down the hall with pleas of collector's edition after seeing the mount. They are accepting chores to earn the difference between the expansion and collector's edition

That's just awesome.  Make them dust... I always hated to dust.

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #67
Jonaroth

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

Kiara wrote:

Hello all!

Quick update.  Brenlo has let me know that the team discussed the run speed issue.  They agree that it could be a little more awesome to compliment the cool that is the kitty mount, so it has been adjusted to 65%.

Be sure to send pie

65% turns it up to 11!  

And that's not a giant jaw in the screen shot.  It's her fur tufts as some people have figured out.

65%! that's great news!

now i'll have to preorder collectors edition for my GF as well :-|

Old 12-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #68
Firecracker
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Knights of Qeynos

Loremaster

I have one request, please make them have different colors so all of us who do buy collectors ed have different color/armored ones since the dragons in first collectors ed had color options I can only hope this 'one of kind' mount has more colors/armored ones to choose from so the players don't look the same. Pretty please?

Old 12-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #69
Solarax

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

ttobey wrote:

Kiara wrote:

Hello all!

Be sure to send pie

65% turns it up to 11!  

Puh..puh..puh..puh..puhleeeeeeeeeezzeee ttobey... give us a basic leather saddle, no armor version of this... Love the cat, but would love a version without the armor, or with less armor.

/agree

we all very much appriciate the work you have already done  and now all thats left is custom color choices and armorless!!!!! personally i want one in purple or redish hues =)

Solarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #70
Rijacki

Tester

feldon30 wrote:

ttobey wrote:

Kiara wrote:

Hello all!

Be sure to send pie

65% turns it up to 11!  

Puh..puh..puh..puh..puhleeeeeeeeeezzeee ttobey... give us a basic leather saddle, no armor version of this... Love the cat, but would love a version without the armor, or with less armor.

Add me to the list of those wishing for a no-armor choice, too SMILEY  Please SMILEY

Old 12-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #71
Aurel

Book Goddess

If the base model of the mount is available, and it wasn't made only with armor attached, so it would not take too much time to add a "Remove Armor" option when examinine the summoned bauble...  that would be dandy.  Then you could remove its armor for parading in town, and put it on when going into battle!

Old 12-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #72
SilverMoth

Loremaster

why must they be slathered in armor? a regular kitty would be nice but with all the armor it just makes it another man mount.

SilverMoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #73
Galldora

Loremaster

Aurelis wrote:

If the base model of the mount is available, and it wasn't made only with armor attached, so it would not take too much time to add a "Remove Armor" option when examinine the summoned bauble...  that would be dandy.  Then you could remove its armor for parading in town, and put it on when going into battle!

Now THAT would be neat! 

Old 12-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #74
Llogwey

Tester

I agree that an option to remove someone's mount armor would indeed be VERY interesting. Some of the lately armor mounts are so heavy that we can't manage to imagine what lies behind the mount helm sometimes...
Old 12-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #75
Mystfit

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

Mystfit wrote:

I have two teenagers that came streaming down the hall with pleas of collector's edition after seeing the mount. They are accepting chores to earn the difference between the expansion and collector's edition

That's just awesome.  Make them dust... I always hated to dust.

Dust, what's that?? /ducks. Actually come to think of it, there's this one area that needs some serious attention....adds to list....

Old 12-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #76
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

SilverMoth wrote:

why must they be slathered in armor? a regular kitty would be nice but with all the armor it just makes it another man mount.

/finally recovers from nearly dying of laughter

Man mount....omg...especially given that it's a...female cat....O_o

But yah, I agree...I'd really love to see this without armour.

Or have the armour option turned off.

Another view: folks have really put a lot into their appearances and an armoured mount just doesn't go well at times. 

Yet another view: folks have the role playing view and an armoured mount doesn't really fit into their conception of their toon.

A guildee refuses to have a rhino for his female Ratonga Conjy, even tho it's a faster mount, and instead has the lava carpet.  I've asked him why, and the reply: Because it just doesn't do to ride a rhino in a dress.  His Conjy wears the formal dress as appearance.

I know many others who will take a slower mount for a certain look for their toon.  I see quite a few plain mounts, the 40% non-armoured mounts, and when asked why the reply is always of a role playing nature: they didn't want an armoured mount for their toon.

Please, if possible, a no armour option for the cat mount?  And perhaps some day the available mounts with the option to turn off their armour as well?

Old 12-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #77
Purr

Tester

I hate the armor. Can't say anything about the looks of the kitty under it.

A simple mount made using the existing lion, tiger, leopard etc. model (as was in development as a mount a while ago), maybe with a saddle on it (optional) would have gotten me thinking about buying. But this is far to cartoonish for me, I like EQ2 because it's so much more RL-like looking than most of the other MMORPGs out there. My characters are characters, not >toons<. So, thanks, but No, thanks. The 65 % speed won't change that for me.

Whoever likes it, have fun with it!      It's just not my cup of milk.

Purr~

Old 12-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #78
tkia

Tester

I never buy any mount over 40% run speed as I want mounts, not mobile ironworks SMILEY
tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #79
Aurel

Book Goddess

[email protected] wrote:

A guildee refuses to have a rhino for his female Ratonga Conjy, even tho it's a faster mount, and instead has the lava carpet.

The only time I put Aure on a rhino was to see if it really were possible for her legs to bend like that... Yup.  Turns out they really, really can bend.  I wish my Barbie as a kid would bend like that instead of just having her legs pop off when I tried...  *grin*

Aure has been on her black-saddled blue Nightmare horse ever since she got one, and before that, it was one of the red-flame nightmares.  I really like what I can see of the lynx, so I will finally tuck away my nightmare, and I hope that somewhere down the road, when they get the itch to have fun with the lynx's appearance, it'll be exclusive to anyone who already has a lynx (such as Feldon's example idea).  Then they can get all the itches they want scratched and still keep to their word.  d;

Old 12-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #80
DukeOccam

Loremaster

I guess I'm in the minority; I really like the armor. Not that I would be opposed to putting in a way to change the appearance, but I really like it as-is.Although if we ever do get a mount appearance slot, I'd probably use an actual horse for looks. SMILEY

Old 12-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #81
Jgok

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

ttobey wrote:

Kiara wrote:

Hello all!

Be sure to send pie

65% turns it up to 11!  

So many people have echoed this sentiment, and I'm going to echo it as well. PLEASE give us a no-armour (or at least low-armour) option. SO many mounts in the game are covered in armour that is FAR too heavy and just looks silly. Give us an option to disable the armour on mounts. If that's not possible, then give us a choice of a mount with no armour.

Recruit-a-Friend Warhorse: Huge tusk-horns, grilles over the eyes, oversized shields affixed to the rump. The only nice thing about this mount's armour was the chainmail underskirt visible from the back and sides.

Armoured Warg Mounts: You can't even see the head of these mounts unless you look directly at the front of the mount. The helmet is so oversized and heavy that it would unbalance any canine it was put on, and what's with the pointy-sharp things sticking way out in front? A Warg BITES things, and here they have armour that prevents them from even getting their mouths close to the enemy?

The Rhino mounts are about right in terms of amour. They're just ugly for other reasons, mainly the ungainly gait you're forced to travel in when mounted on one, and the "shaken-baby-syndrome" that all characters subjected to the rhino mounts should face. My frogloks actually end up parallell to the ground when they slide to the left side of the rhino.

The warbears'/spellbears' head armour is about right, but the overlapping plates on their backs cover too much, and the teeth... What are they supposed to be, sabertooth bears?

I spent 5 minutes looking online and found a few decent pictures of cat armour... Here's the one I like most (though you'd actually need earholes instead of ear covers).

Why does a cat need horns on the front of it's helmet? It's got big, sharp, pointy teeth that deal an incredible amount of both crushing and piercing damage. Let those be the threatening display at the front.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #82
kcirrot

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

Hello all!

Be sure to send pie

Sold!

EDIT:  And I agree with all the "no-armor" or "lighter armor" requests.  My druid would love a little more natural animal mount.

kcirrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #83
demonwr

General

as long as i still have an option for a heavy armored one for my guard a ligh armored one would fit for casters and the like that perfer a cloth

and if soe would confirm a mount apperance slot i think there colecters edition sales would go up considerably

Old 12-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #84
DukeOccam

Loremaster

I'm not sure how "in the bag" the whole mount appearance thing is, even though everyone talks like it already exists. It seems pretty complex compared to normal appearance slots. For those, it's just a matter of pointing to the appearance slot for the graphic, and if that comes back empty, point to the normal slot (and if that comes back empty just do whatever default nekkid graphic there is).But for mounts, they're just buffs, not actually a part of the character. So it'd be a completely different process, wherein they'd need to detect a "mount" buff being cast (hopefully they won't have to perform some check on every buff being cast), then grabbing the visual component of the clicky on the item in your mount appearance slot (which by itself I'm sure is non-trivial). I'm confident they can figure it out (for all I know, maybe it is really easy), but I'm not sure how much of a priority it is. I haven't even heard whether or not they're even considering it.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:38 AM   #85
demonwr

General

id actualy see them creating a new item slot spacificly for mounts  instead of haveing them charm(optinal) that way thay could remove it from being an actual buff and more easly creat an aperance slot and or /hidemount option

Old 12-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #86
Eternal-Goddess

Loremaster

Seems like i am one of the few who actually really likes the armor on the kitty! Although would be nice to have an appearance slot for mounts and a /remove armor option so that not everyone looks identical on their mounts SMILEY

But one thing that is annoying is that for those of us who cant buy the collectors edition (im in the UK not sure if we can get it or not?) is that there wont be any available to purchase in game. Thats really disappointing - ok the collectible one should be more uber (run speed, stats or whatever) but there should still be a lesser one to purchase in-game or through quests imo....

Eternal-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #87
ttobey

Developer

Aurelis wrote:

ttobey wrote:

Awww - you consider the lynxy a her?  I hope she has a name (in your mind) -- and I hope you share it!

Her name's Lucy, she likes to have her ears scratched when she's idling. 

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #88
NightGod473

Loremaster

Quick question on the whole pre-order thing. The info pages for pre-order all say the following:

RETAIL:Pre-Order EQII Sentinel's Fate or EQII Sentinel's Fate Collectors Edition (Begins November 12, 2009)    * Up to a 7-day headstart of gameplay access before the digital release    * Guarding of the Reasoned armor piece*    * $10.00 Sentinel's Fate digital download discount coupon for Station Store    * 500 Station Cash™ to spend on virtual items    * Legends of Norrath™ The Fall of Erudin scenario    * Free 30-day subscription included for new accounts That almost makes it sound like we're going to pick up a retail box at the time of pre-order that will cost $10 and include a $10 voucher for the price of the digital download, rather than actually buying a box on release day. But I've looked at a few Gamestops and Best Buys and have talked with a manager at a Gamestop I'm friendly with and he has no clue how it's being handled. Any chance for some clarification on exactly what's up with that $10 digital download coupon?

Old 12-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #89
Kiara

Community Relations

It means you get a coupon in the retail box for 10$ off the DD version of the expansion.  Useful for multiple account households, or giving as gifts.

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #90
Meriwyn

Loremaster

I am not sure if I get the mount or not (free fan faire expansion), but I would like to give my feedback also.

First of all the lynx does look very nice, however I am sick of armored mounts. If I were a guardian or bezerker the heavily armored mounts would be very appropriate, how ever I play healers and I'm not supposed to be getting the crap beatened out of me from some giant ogre. It also seems odd to have my mount be more armored than me.

I have a halfling templar, mystic and fury. The templar is very happy with her ice unicorn, however the mystic and fury would like something more appropriate. I would love a lightly or no armor at all lynx or bear or heck I'm a halfling how about a badger mount.

Edit: Just saw the "man mount" comment. And I agree it seems like most of the recent mounts, wargs, dire bears, refer a friend, etc are for the guys. Now please just don't take this to the other extreme. I DO NOT want pink and glittery or anything super girly. I just want a simple bear, lyxn, horse, unicorn, etc.