EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #31
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

Its pretty obvious they are going to add a mount appearance option, so those of you who are allowed to have this will be able to show off the fact you bought it to your hearts content.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #32
Solarax

Loremaster

Cisgo wrote:

I would imagine alot of ppl interested in the Collector's Edition are dedicated players and already have the 68% faction mount. Therefore the CE mount should have very good stats to offset the 50% speed to make it attractive. My only question is what is the mystery about letting us know if it is one per account or per character?

HAHAHHAHA

you know so far i see a lot of people here in a short order of time with the same opinions of

A. not fast enough

B. the look leaves something to be desired

C. the extra cost of the expansion should yield something more since it does not even compete with current mounts even at low levels

so far none have gone off on a tangent and we haev said things calmly which is good ( especially for certain mods sanity) and i hope this helps to get it looked into but there are a lot of people that dont look at the boards that feel this way or will when they do find out will be more of the same so it might be a good idea to start looking into now instead of later .

Solarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #33
Kiara

Community Relations

The mount is one per character.

There was no mystery.  It was simply a matter of making sure I had the correct information so I didn't post anything misleading.  Patience is a virtue SMILEY

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #34
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

I've been thinking about this...

50% run speed is really very low end, especially what is available in game currently and what can be found in LoN packs (ie: the Frost and Fire horse mounts from Storm Break).

Now the mount could be made to run faster with the mount speed AA in Shadows Tree.  But unless a toon has the points to spare/"waste" for that vanity AA, most aren't going to use it.

Some run speeds can be faster than a mount, such as a Dirge/Troub.  A Dirge I know can run at 76% and transfers 72% to the group.  For them, this would be an "appearance mount" since their speed will override it.

It just seems to me that the run speed is very low for the extra money to spend to get the mount. /shrugs

Old 12-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #35
Mikkachu

Loremaster

It's a pretty looking mount.  I'd like to have it.

...But for anything but new alts (which I freely admit I will be making one to level up through Halas and to the top once Sent Fate comes out, just because I haven't made an alt in a while), it's a downgrade.  The majority of my characters would probably prefer to be riding the cat (paticularly the Erudites <3) rather then the ugly bear-type-things or hippos they usually ride, but I'm not sure it's worth the loss of 10% (or more!) speed... and stats.

Mikkachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #36
Boyar

Loremaster

I view the mount add-on as being a slightly larger scale SC item. It's not supposed to be some serious must-have piece of gear for the elite, it's just an appearance item, pretty and less common, that many have asked for for a long time. It unbalances very little, it is available for those that want and is not required for those that could care less(except for me buying for my wife, for whom I expect it'll be mandatorySMILEY).

If you don't want it, well hey, you'll get your expansion cheaper!

Old 12-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #37
Solarax

Loremaster

an idea could be that it has a level 0 runspeed of 50% and every 10 levels it gaines 3% so at level 90 it could be 77%

Solarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #38
Cisgo

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

The mount is one per character.

There was no mystery.  It was simply a matter of making sure I had the correct information so I didn't post anything misleading.  Patience is a virtue

Thank you Kiara for that info., now I can finally finish my Xmas shopping by ordering a couple CE editions.

Cisgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #39
Ariellia

Otaku

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

apperance slots for mounts!

I'll second that!

You stole my idea! (j/k)

I do third that though; I would LOVE to have a mount appearance slot so I could keep my favorite looking mount even if I should ever get one with better stats. I might actually ride this kitty on my main if there were an appearance slot, but right now I have the Rime mount with is much better stat-wise

Old 12-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #40
Kiara

Community Relations

Hello all!

Quick update.  Brenlo has let me know that the team discussed the run speed issue.  They agree that it could be a little more awesome to compliment the cool that is the kitty mount, so it has been adjusted to 65%.

Be sure to send pie SMILEY

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #41
Eveningsong

Tester

You guys rock SMILEY 

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #42
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Very nice!

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #43
Myster

General

Why is it all the new mounts that come out have this ugly layer of armor over them? I never have liked the over the top armor that's being given to mounts, much less the ugliness of the mounts themselves? (Dire bears? Don't get me wrong, the artwork is great, just the subject itself....)

Take away the armor or have options with no/limited armor and I may find it more fashionable, personally. Just disapointing to see every new mount come out with this stuff. And any of them they come out with with desirable stats end up with the biggest, bulkiest, ugliest armor on them.

EDIT: A missing space irked me.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #44
Aurel

Book Goddess

It's called an Armoured Highland Stalker, isn't it?  Surely that lends for an examine option to remove its armor, like the turning it into a house item...

Daydreaming, I know!  hehehe.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:49 PM   #45
BChizzle

Loremaster

Now its worth buying.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #46
Krazzil

Loremaster

The_Cheeseman wrote:

I swear I have seen this mount before...

Oh yeah!

Dang, you beat me to it. 

Another thing they didn't tell you is that only Barbarian Warriors with a claymore can use it.

By the Power of Frostfell!!

Krazzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #47
Gnaff

Loremaster

Any news on when we get a Chibi Kiara for our house kiara ? SMILEY

i want one of these

Gnaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:55 AM   #48
acctlc

Loremaster

I'm going to have to agree with the majority of other posters, the armor is too heavy. If I hadn't been told beforehand that it was a cat..I wouldn't be able to even tell from those pics. Make the head visable and leave the body armor and you might have a winner. Good call on the run speed boost..I won't send you pie but I'm sure the Collectors Edition not falling flat on its face in sales will be a wonderful thanks SMILEY I myself am still debating, if it were less armored you'd probably have a sale even without bonus stats on the hope for appearance slot mounts eventually.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:24 AM   #49
ttobey

Developer

Kiara wrote:

Hello all!

Quick update.  Brenlo has let me know that the team discussed the run speed issue.  They agree that it could be a little more awesome to compliment the cool that is the kitty mount, so it has been adjusted to 65%.

Be sure to send pie

65% turns it up to 11! SMILEY 

And that's not a giant jaw in the screen shot.  It's her fur tufts as some people have figured out.

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:39 AM   #50
ccarro

General

ttobey wrote:

Kiara wrote:

Hello all!

Be sure to send pie

65% turns it up to 11!  

And that's not a giant jaw in the screen shot.  It's her fur tufts as some people have figured out.

65% AND a Spinal Tap quote!?!?! This is too good to be true!

Old 12-09-2009, 03:40 AM   #51
Aurel

Book Goddess

ttobey wrote:

Awww - you consider the lynxy a her?  I hope she has a name (in your mind) -- and I hope you share it!

Old 12-09-2009, 04:55 AM   #52
feldon30

Fansite Staff

ttobey wrote:

Kiara wrote:

Hello all!

Be sure to send pie

65% turns it up to 11!  

Puh..puh..puh..puh..puhleeeeeeeeeezzeee ttobey... give us a basic leather saddle, no armor version of this... Love the cat, but would love a version without the armor, or with less armor.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:15 AM   #53
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Appearance slot for mounts ftw

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:30 AM   #54
MindFury

Loremaster

LOL after folks cancel pre-orders due to the 50% run speed, it's adjusted to 65 lol...btw guys. It really is ugly. I mean no offense to those designing this stuff. But as a player of this game..it's [Removed for Content] ugly. Can hardly tell it's a poor cat.

Why you folks think we need such stupid looking armor on our mounts is beyond me. Not only are the mounts awful appearance wise...you have to slap even more god awful armor on them. Uncover them. Or at least let us choose to display or not display that armor. I'd be more content with a simple saddle/bridle type a thing. This mount is in no way worth the extra 30 bucks.

Yet another let down from SOE as of late. Update 54 is basically dead, age old bug fixes that should of been dealt with long ago, rather than in one of our game updates. No real content aside from that coming with it. Joyous.

Is this what we have to look forward to with the release of the expansion in Feb.? You have many very disgruntled players guys. Is SOE slowly backing out of eq is that it...hoping to kill it off without angering the player base that remains when they suddenly announce they are done with it?..because we're seeing no real effort here any more..a major indication a company is directing their efforts to better money makers.

Getting to that point renewing subs for many is a major decision we struggle with each month. Some of us have been playing this game 5+ yrs and have devoted much money and time to it. And are finding ourselves fed up with how things are going. Hopefully something changes, soon, before I too, decide to not renew.

MindFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:20 AM   #55
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

Kiara wrote:

Hello all!

Be sure to send pie

Wow...

Please pass the thank yous to them. SMILEY

Old 12-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #56
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

Appearance mount slots would be nice.  Though my chars won't have the mount because I'm getting my copy from FanFaire.

As for the mount being worth $30, it's not.  Frankly, I figured most of that extra cost was to the EverCracked! DVD which is also included in the collector's edition, with the remainder going towards the pewter figurine.  I seem to recall those going for a few bucks each back in my tabletop days.

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #57
Essenar

Lord

WTB:  Mount appearance slots

so I can enjoy the stats of my Bjorn the Bear whilst having my Kerran Defiler sitting astride a giant kitty

cmon, it *is* nearly Chistmas, and I have been ever such a good kitty!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #58
Bacci
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Free Spirits

Loremaster

Very nice move that you made the Highland Stalker a bit more meaningful for us players.

But the look .... did you take this from an asian grinder?

It is my personal taste - of course - but i dont like it.

I would rather like to see this cat without armor, now as it is i know several ( asian source) games with similar looking mounts - sorry to say. For example runes of magic .... if you find the time take a look inside und you will agree me.

I know EQ2 devs don`t need to copy since EQ2 always had its own style - stick by this please SMILEY

Bacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #59
Aurel

Book Goddess

MindFury wrote:

Update 54 is basically dead, age old bug fixes that should of been dealt with long ago, rather than in one of our game updates. No real content aside from that coming with it. Joyous.

Not true~  Unless the Lucan plot doesn't interest you... then I guess true for you.  /:

Old 12-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #60
DukeOccam

Loremaster

Once again the EQ2 team comes through. You guys rock. I think the mount looks great, and I can hardly wait until February.