EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
Kiara

Community Relations

Everyone has eagerly been awaiting information about the Highland Stalker mount that will be available in-game if you purchase the Collector's Edition of Sentienl's Fate. Today we have a sneak peek at the mount and the figurine that will come in the box!

Read more!

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
Josgar

Loremaster

like you can't get the kitty anywhere in game? just in the collectors edition?

Josgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
Galithdor

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

like you can't get the kitty anywhere in game? just in the collectors edition?

Seems like it

Old 12-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
Kiara

Community Relations

So far as the magic 8 ball told me SMILEY

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
Ev
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Gothic Angels

General

So the 50% increase to run speed means it's just a 50% mount, correct? Or will it apply in dungeons also, as run speed rather than simply mount speed?

Ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Outdoors only.

Too bad I'll never ride this; my mount from Zarrakon is 70% run speed. But it will make a nice addition to my house! And the figurine will go well with my collection.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #7
Gaige

Loremaster

That thing is hideously ugly and in no way worth the money collector's edition costs (for me anyway since I get a digital copy via Fan Faire).

I would've bought the CE if the mount looked like the panther mounts the GMs used to have.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #8
Sharakari
Server: Unrest
Guild: Shadovar

Loremaster

An insult to Kerran everywhere! When do I get an Ogre to ride?

Old 12-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #9
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

I honestly think it is one of the better looking mounts they've made, and look forward to riding it, even just for fun.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:23 AM   #10
Cisgo

Loremaster

Any word if this mount is one per account or per character?

Cisgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #11
Grumpy_Warrior_01

Loremaster

Looks really nice, grats to the artists.  Please make sure this one scales to the character models just like it appears in that picture.  The current bear mount is a bit too small for the Barbarian, looks like he's riding a chihuahua.

Grumpy_Warrior_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:49 AM   #12
ccarro

General

This mount needs to be MUCH faster then 50%. It at least needs to be higher then the Mount given with TSO.

Reconsider to changing it to 60% and then people might consider forking out a bunch of cash for a otherwise useless collectors edition.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:03 AM   #13
Aurel

Book Goddess

*shrug*  I'm looking forward to mine -- it's an upgrade for Aure, who's been riding her blue Nightmare at 48% ever since she nabbed one.  I am a little sad that they stuck a helmet on there, since lynxy kitties have the cutest faces with those adorable eartufts...  but I'm gettin' one!

Heck, I'd love a choice between an armored and an unarmored one, but it's too late for that now, at this point in the game (pun not intended).  d:  Just look at their faces!  That is the face of a kitty that needs to be seen!  hehehe.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:07 AM   #14
Lortet

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

Everyone has eagerly been awaiting information about the Highland Stalker mount that will be available in-game if you are able to purchase the Collector's Edition of Sentienl's Fate in the country in which you happen to live. Today we have a sneak peek at the mount and the figurine that will come in the box!

Read more!

a few edits in red - so far not looking too hopeful here in Australia

Lortet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:09 AM   #15
Galithdor

Loremaster

If it didnt have the helmet...and the giant jaw, I would've liked it...but...Giant Jaws scare me SMILEY

Old 12-08-2009, 05:38 AM   #16
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

I swear I have seen this mount before...

Oh yeah!

Old 12-08-2009, 05:42 AM   #17
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

It looks neat and all, and the idea of my Ratonga riding a cat really makes me laugh...

But...

50%?  O_o

IMHO, the run speed should be faster considering it's a collector's edition.

60% or 65% would be a decent speed.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:48 AM   #18
Mynervia
Server: Guk
Guild: Revelry and Honor

Loremaster

The writeup doesn't mention the mount speed scaling with level, so it might be 50% from lvl 1.  That would make it an upgrade of sorts over the TSO mount, which only reached 50% at lvl 80 (or was it just in T8? either way, same point).  Assuming it's 1-per-char, rather than 1-per-account, of course.

(While the TSO mount seemed invaluable, and mechanically speaking it is, I wound up finding the running animation too annoying, and disliked the art enough, that I almost never use it; leaves me a little gun-shy about expansion-purchase /claim mounts SMILEY )

Mynervia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #19
DukeOccam

Loremaster

I'm a little disappointed that it's not even faster than the Rillissian Soldier's quested mount. I'm getting a little tired about riding around on a Rhino (wasn't thrilled about it in the first place).I'm hoping it's at least one per character, so I can still have one on my main in case they ever put in a mount appearance slot. Or that it scales. Or something.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:43 AM   #20
Solarax

Loremaster

i have to say ima bit disappointed in the speed  and the look both.

personally i think it should be at least 65% speed if you want people to actually usse it hence advertise the collectors edition more in game and the helm on the cat really detracts from what it could look like

Solarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #21
kreepr

General

Thanks Kiara for the sneaky peaky.....But as much as I think it really is one of the nicest looking mounts, I am a bit disappointed in the run speed and the fact there are no buffs. So I will have to pass on it. I run faster then 50% without a mount so it will only be for appearance if I was to get it. I cant justify the extra $30 dollars for that. But it really is the COOLEST looking mount that will be in game as of now. Thanks again Kiara for getting us the info.

kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #22
Tandy

Loremaster

I just want to know where this game went when paying 30 dollars is ok for a vanity mount that isnt very fast or has anything special about it.  I came back briefly this month after almost a year off because of the whole 'buying everything cool with real money' stuff to find it worse than ever. Am I gonna come back in another year and see everyone wearing burlap rags that doesnt fork over tons of money to have things?

What ever happened to paying well for a game (50 bucks) and even paying well for expansions (40 or so bucks) and paying your monthly fee and knowing....and I mean KNOWING if you put in the time you get the cool things and if you dont  you dont.  This idea of shoving cash into a game to look/be good just leaves me feeling sad.

Where oh where did everyone get so numb that they think its normal to be charged 30 dollars for a VANITY mount? I think its taking its toll here though. I do notice when I came back NONE of the forums are as active as they used to be. I was quite shocked to see how little is posted these days compared to a year ago here and other places like flames.

At least I know by that I am not the only one who is mourning for a great game gone bad.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #23
feldon30

Fansite Staff

I think it's the best-looking mount yet for EQ2. But saying "this is the only one" and there will not be other colors, other styles, and other runspeeds, I think is a non-starter. 50% is not an upgrade for a lot of people. And I was hoping for a minimalist one without the big helmet, armor, etc. for my mage.

Let us upgrade it by putting in a vendor who will let us trade in the basic 50% Whistle for a 70-80% one with some kind of dungeon or raid dropped component.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #24
Aenashi

Loremaster

apperance slots for mounts! SMILEY

Old 12-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #25
Despak

Loremaster

I hope they don't improve it, some of may want it but are unable to get it (within the time limit for 7 day sneak and in the bounds of decently priced).
Despak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #26
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

apperance slots for mounts!

I'll second that!

Old 12-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #27
feldon30

Fansite Staff

It's like the Jaguar X-Type. It might be a cat, but there's just not enough pep. We need 70-80% runspeed plz. SMILEY
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #28
Brook

Tester

A Jaguar that runs slower than a hippo? 

Your kidding right?

Don't care for the battlecat look myself and if there were an option to choose from that would allow to pick with or without adornments it would be cool.

Run speed is to slow to spend that kind of money on it imo.

But seriously, you're the kind of guy that zones into gears without a healer and spends the whole match talking about the fact there isn't a healer instead of contributing. I hate you, and everyone like you that plays this game. Please spend less time whining and more time winning, it contributes to the general growth of the game and makes gameplay more enjoyable for all.

Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #29
Vodr

General

How many posts and no one has made this comment yet?  By the power of grayskull,  I HAVE THE POWERRRRRR.

Speed seems slow at 50% however.

Vodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #30
Cisgo

Loremaster

I would imagine alot of ppl interested in the Collector's Edition are dedicated players and already have the 68% faction mount. Therefore the CE mount should have very good stats to offset the 50% speed to make it attractive. My only question is what is the mystery about letting us know if it is one per account or per character?

Cisgo is offline   Reply With Quote