EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #31
Terrius

Loremaster

I dont even give a crap about the fluff, There should be a preorder Digital Download that also has the 1 week early.
Terrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #32
Eveningsong

Tester

For crying out loud... the expansion isn't out until February and today is the first day.  Give them a little time to get things sorted out.  International pre-sales and shipping isn't always easy to arrange, and I'm sure Kiara was told that things were set in place before she went ahead and posted.  Don't shoot the messenger .

(and yes I'd like the digital version to get all the goodies too SMILEY)

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #33
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Xalmat wrote:

Kiara wrote:

Additionally, retail boxes **should** be shipped in time for people to have them on release day if they pre-ordered, rather than waiting a week to get it.

Amazon will have them arrive on February 16th, not before, unfortunately.

I have bought many mmo's from Gamestop, and even though I'm in Canada they almost always get them to me at least 1 day before.   I highly recommend them if you're looking to have it delivered and not pick it up in-store.

Grats, cause here in calgary, TSO preorder came a week late. and there was only 1 EB games even remotely close to me (there are 5 within half an hour from my house) that had the preorder availible, if it's like that for TSF then what's the point?

I preorder online from the US Gamestop site.  Costs a bit more for shipping, but they've always had my game to me before or just on time.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #34
Terrius

Loremaster

Eveningsong wrote:

For crying out loud... the expansion isn't out until February and today is the first day.  Give them a little time to get things sorted out.  International pre-sales and shipping isn't always easy to arrange, and I'm sure Kiara was told that things were set in place before she went ahead and posted.  Don't shoot the messenger .

(and yes I'd like the digital version to get all the goodies too )

They shouldnt have posted anything until it was Sorted out. I dont want the digital version to get the goodies, I want it to get the week head start, people who want the goodies can get a box, I just dont want to be left behind because of a horrible planning/marketing attempt.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #35
Mentho

Lord

Seriously, tell us why you cant have the 7 day headstart option on digital download? do you just hate it or what? I would really like to hear this..

Mentho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #36
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Seriously, tell us why you cant have the 7 day headstart option on digital download? do you just hate it or what? I would really like to hear this..

Retailers won't carry product if it's day-and-date.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #37
Kiara

Community Relations

Once again, our agreement states that GameStop and Amazon (US only) will ship out of the US for international orders.  We're also working on getting a list of the countries to wich Amazon will ship.

The fact that there is currently a hiccup has nothing to do with us and isn't something we can just pop onto their sites to fix.  We've contacted them and are working things out.

The simple fact of the matter is that our players have coaxed, cajoled, and outright demanded a stronger retail presence for our game.  In order to do that, we have to give the retailers an incentive to carry our product.  We're getting EQII on the shelves where it belongs.  No one is getting shafted, we aren't labeling anyone second class citizens. 

We're pushing to get our product more visibility and more shelf space than it currently gets.

We've also taken steps to make sure that the retail version is available overseas.  It isn't perfect, by any means, but we're trying and we're also closely in contact with those partners.

So yes, everything was well in place, but humans err.  We're taking steps to rectify the situation.  No one is perfect.  Not even me... Although I know that comes as a shock to everyone SMILEY

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #38
Kiara

Community Relations

Simple answer:  Then retailers have no incentive to stock the box.  You want us on shelves in stores, retailers need a guarantee that they'll sell the boxes they buy.

That's why.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #39
Terrius

Loremaster

So Kiara you're saying the only way SoE could get their game on retail shelves is by offering a pre-order that allows player to access the expansion 7 days early? cause tbh there is something wrong if that is the only way you can get retail space.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #40
Terrius

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

Simple answer:  Then retailers have no incentive to stock the box.  You want us on shelves in stores, retailers need a guarantee that they'll sell the boxes they buy.

That's why.

You guys arnt that short sighted are you? that you dont realise that will only get retailers to get preorder boxes? or are you going to make it so no matter what if you Digital download you have to wait 7 days to play the game?

Old 11-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #41
Mentho

Lord

Kiara wrote:

That's why.

So they retailers would have no reason to have the game on their shelves if the 7 day headstart was added to digital download also?.. what about all the extra goodies in the retail or collectors edition that arent on digital download.

Mentho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #42
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

So they retailers would have no reason to have the game on their shelves if the 7 day headstart was added to digital download also?.. what about all the extra goodies in the retail or collectors edition that arent on digital download.

Not good enough from a retailer point of view.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #43
Farlix

Loremaster

Thank you for you response Kiara, and sorry if i went off half cocked, bad day at the office.

ill try the amazon thing again in a few days SMILEY

Farlix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #44
Terrius

Loremaster

Xalmat wrote:

Not good enough from a retailer point of view.

So you are saying Retailers are so stupid they wouldnt realise the 7 day advanced start on the pre order is meaningless once there is no longer a pre order? The way to get your game stocked on shelves is to offer something to the boxed version that the digital download doesnt have. 7 day preorder headstart only gets retailers intrested in the Preorder boxes, not the regular sit on the shelves boxes.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #45
Toughone

Loremaster

Im in Canada too, i called Ebgames here and they said they might not even get the game, this really sucks, i want to get the preorder collectors edition!

Old 11-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #46
Detor

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

That's why.

Too many people said - "I'll buy the digital version anyway, I don't need those extras".  It's the retailers saying - give us some sales now, and we'll carry your product.  So they had to do what they felt will finally cause people to go buy retail copies rather than get the digital download. 

I'm sure the retailers know the advantage is gone after 7 days, but that means they still had an advantage for 7 days.  Retailers: "You give us a 7 day advantage, and if it sells well we'll continue to carry your produt for at least a couple of months. Then judging by sales in those next few months we'll determine if we should continue to stock it on our shelves."

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #47
Jinksie
Server: Oasis
Guild: Bloodlust

Loremaster

Xalmat wrote:

How do the preorders work for people who went to fan faire and are elegible for a free copy? Do we get in a week early or get to sit on the sidelines til our freebie goes active?

You get it as a freebie when it goes active. Your account will be flagged for it automagically when the time comes. You won't get the physical goodies that come in the box, but you do get the digital goodies that are associated with the retail box.

At least that is how it worked in the past.

Is it possible to get an official confirmation on this?  I want to be sure that the expansion provided to Fan Faire attendees will have the 7 day headstart and in game goodies that come with the box edition.  If not, no worries and I will pre-order the boxed product.

Cheers!

Old 11-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #48
andycunny

Loremaster

last time i ordered an item from the US it took 3 days to arrive.  would it be possible PLEASE to get some kind of guarantee/assurances from your suppliers who are shipping overseas that the product will be shipped in plenty of time to allow us to enjoy the full 7 day headstart.  maybe kiara you(or whomever is contact with them directly) could even ask amazon if they plan to release the game from there uk site .. amazon.co.uk, to me that would make sense but who knows really.  alternatively the largest game retailer in the UK is called GAME, maybe you chaps should get in touch with them about some shelf space, although you are most likely to get the response i ahve always had which is "Everwhat?" never heard of it mate we have World of Warcraft is that summit similar?

Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #49
Spyrit
Server: Najena
Guild: Aurora Noctum

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

That's why.

But retailers in markets outside the US (I am in Australia) have not stocked EQ2 for years. The local distributor did not have any stock of the last 2 expansions, so retailers could not even stock it if they wanted. If SOE think that they will now start selling retail boxes on the back of this, they are very naive.

Just give us an option. Please don't say international shipping, because our retail boxes will be sitting in airport depots and distribution centres for most, if not all, of the 7 days. 

Spyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #50
Kiara

Community Relations

So Kiara you're saying the only way SoE could get their game on retail shelves is by offering a pre-order that allows player to access the expansion 7 days early? cause tbh there is something wrong if that is the only way you can get retail space.

No.  It is the best way for ANYONE to get a significant amount of shelf real estate in a brick and mortar store.

With the popularity of digital downloads, physical sales get hurt.  Thus, if we want a huge shelf presence we have to give the retailers a huge incentive. 

We go through this every year at expansion time, have since long before I worked here.  From a player perspective it really shouldn't be that hard.  However retailers are in it to make money and we have to be able to guarantee them that they will and so does anyone who doesn't have the market share that Blizzard can command.

It isn't about being short sighted or stupid or hating our International community.  It's about making the massive marketing push and getting our product on the shelves that all of us, as players, have wanted since the game initially launched.

I truly do sympathize for those who will have difficulties laying hands on a retail box.  When I have more information about which countries Amazon will ship to and have ensured that their site is displaying the correct information I will post with that info.

Thank you.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #51
Kiara

Community Relations

[email protected] wrote:

Is it possible to get an official confirmation on this?  I want to be sure that the expansion provided to Fan Faire attendees will have the 7 day headstart and in game goodies that come with the box edition.  If not, no worries and I will pre-order the boxed product.

Cheers!

Fan Faire attendees will receive a digital version of the retail box with the 7 day headstart and the in-game items.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #52
Terrius

Loremaster

Detor wrote:

Kiara wrote:

That's why.

Too many people said - "I'll buy the digital version anyway, I don't need those extras".  It's the retailers saying - give us some sales now, and we'll carry your product.  So they had to do what they felt will finally cause people to go buy retail copies rather than get the digital download. 

I'm sure the retailers know the advantage is gone after 7 days, but that means they still had an advantage for 7 days.  Retailers: "You give us a 7 day advantage, and if it sells well we'll continue to carry your produt for at least a couple of months. Then judging by sales in those next few months we'll determine if we should continue to stock it on our shelves."

Again, so your saying this justifies me in canada having to order the expansion from a US retailer and have it shipped here? Which means I have to pay 39.99 which is about 42.99 canadian for the pre order, and then have to pay the extra 14.99 on top of that to have it shipped here? yeah that's totally awsome!

Old 11-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #53
Kiara

Community Relations

[email protected] wrote:

last time i ordered an item from the US it took 3 days to arrive.  would it be possible PLEASE to get some kind of guarantee/assurances from your suppliers who are shipping overseas that the product will be shipped in plenty of time to allow us to enjoy the full 7 day headstart.  maybe kiara you(or whomever is contact with them directly) could even ask amazon if they plan to release the game from there uk site .. amazon.co.uk, to me that would make sense but who knows really.  alternatively the largest game retailer in the UK is called GAME, maybe you chaps should get in touch with them about some shelf space, although you are most likely to get the response i ahve always had which is "Everwhat?" never heard of it mate we have World of Warcraft is that summit similar?

The agreement is that they will ship early enough (and we are providing the product early to enable this) that it will be in your hands on the day of release.  I don't know if Amazon is guaranteeing this, and I will check, however I do know that GameStop will guarantee it.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #54
Jinksie
Server: Oasis
Guild: Bloodlust

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Cheers!

Fan Faire attendees will receive a digital version of the retail box with the 7 day headstart and the in-game items.

Fantastic!  Thank you, Kiara!

Old 11-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #55
lemey

Loremaster

what im finding quite hard to swollow is to play this game in the uk on a server based in the eu i have to go to a US E-TAILER (so there isnt even a shelf for them to put them on... ) and get stiffed on currency exchange then get double stiffed on import tax AND international shipping just to play on the original release day? and they wonder why their none us customers get tetchy... they couldent have done the deal with 3 majors say 1 from us one from asia/australia one from eu? or would that have made too much sence..
lemey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #56
Terrius

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

The agreement is that they will ship early enough (and we are providing the product early to enable this) that it will be in your hands on the day of release.  I don't know if Amazon is guaranteeing this, and I will check, however I do know that GameStop will guarantee it.

So is SoE going to pay the 14.99 extra to ship this to canada? Because I certainly shouldnt have to pay $15 extra just to have the privallege of getting a retail box. if not we're getting shafted so is anyone who has to pay to get a retail copy shipped.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #57
andycunny

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Thankyou for the reply SMILEY

Old 11-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #58
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

So is SoE going to pay the 14.99 extra to ship this to canada? Because I certainly shouldnt have to pay $15 extra just to have the privallege of getting a retail box. if not we're getting shafted so is anyone who has to pay to get a retail copy shipped.

If I were you I'd move to the US so as to avoid those fees.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #59
Terrius

Loremaster

Xalmat wrote:

If I were you I'd move to the US so as to avoid those fees.

Unless i was given an obscene amount of money there is no way I'd EVER move to the US, kthxbai.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #60
AnjelikaR

Loremaster

Was curious as to the run speed of the mount that comes with the collector's edition and if it's one per account or per character?

AnjelikaR is offline   Reply With Quote