EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Kiara

Community Relations

Sentinel's Fate will be available for pre-order beginning on Thursday, November 12, 2009! Sentinel's Fate will be a compilation pack, containing the previous five expansions and three adventure packs. Sentinel's Fate is EverQuest II's sixth expansion, and marks the return of Odus to Norrath. New and veteran players alike will find tons of new content for all playstyles to explore.. More information about this newest addition to the EQII universe will be revealed in the months to come at EQ2Players.

Read more!

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

I'm preordering two collector's editions!

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
Despak

Loremaster

Why are you screwing over Europe etc?
Despak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae

Need Pixs!! 

• In-box Item: Armored Highland Stalker figurine
  • In-game armor piece - Guarding of the Reasoned
  • In-game mount - Armored Highland Stalker
  • ... this needs to be *tweaked* ..

• 30 days free play time for new accounts
  • Needs to be 30  or even 15 days for existing accounts as well.  It's not like you guys can't just add in 30 days free.  I've got a free 30 day card that attached to my 1 year acct .. so I have (had) 365+30=395days before my CC would be charged again.

I'll probably just buy 2 reg. retails and use the coupons to buy the digital downloads for my other 2 accts and wait and see if anyone ebays their figurine .. lol   *grin*

Edit .. and darn it !  When is Beta going to be starting up!   I want to check out all the Carp stuff Domino has been teasing us about!  .. oh and Test stuff ... *shiffy eye*

KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
    Tremere001

Loremaster

Sweet! Do we have any screenshots of the mount. And when are we going to see a Kiara plushie for our houses?

Tremere001 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #6
    Kiara

Community Relations

No pictures available just yet SMILEY

We're making this announcement a good deal earlier than usual.

No data yet on Beta, but look for it soon.

No kiara plushies, we want people to WANT the game :p

Old 11-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
    Farlix

Loremaster

Is it correct that the retail version will be out ( Feb 16h ) 7 days before the download ( Feb23rd ), and that the retail version is only available in the US, so if we international players want to get in at the start,  we will have to import a copy at additional expence ?  A big thanks to SOE from the UK SMILEY

Farlix is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
    Detor

Loremaster

I'm lazy. Couldn't you have made the Gamestop, Amazon, and Best Buy links?

And is the $10 coupon so you can buy another SOE game at a discount or is it for something else?

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
    Spyrit
    Server: Najena
    Guild: Aurora Noctum

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Why are you screwing over Europe etc?

and Australia .... AGAIN ....

Australia has a local distributor that has not bought in an Everquest title for years, because of that Amazon etc will not ship to Australia. Our only option is download. Will this be fixed for this expansion? I will not hold my breath ........

Why doesn't anyone at SOE learn, can't we just repost all the threads from the last few years about poor distribution and the lack of retail products on the shelves to save us all a heap of time.

SOE is fighting very hard to get rid of me as a customer but I am going to hang on for as long as I can ..........

Spyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #10
    Terrius

Loremaster

Wow that's awesome, Digital download is totall utter crap compared to the boxed version? Nice of SoE to consider all the players who CANT get retail copies..
    Terrius is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
    Farlix

Loremaster

I just had a look at the amazon pre-order and it is not accepting international mailing addresses, so even if we are willing to go to the aditional expence of having it shipped half way round the world, we still cant get one, begining to feel like a second class customer SOE SMILEY

Farlix is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #12
    Lorzus

Loremaster

How do the preorders work for people who went to fan faire and are elegible for a free copy? Do we get in a week early or get to sit on the sidelines til our freebie goes active? SMILEY

Lorzus is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #13
    Wilde_Night

Loremaster

*squees*

Wilde_Night is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #14
    Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Wow that's awesome, Digital download is totall utter crap compared to the boxed version? Nice of SoE to consider all the players who CANT get retail copies..

The issue is that there's no compelling reason for retailers to have the retail version on shelves if it has to compete with the digital version. It is a problem the entire game industry is facing.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #15
    Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

How do the preorders work for people who went to fan faire and are elegible for a free copy? Do we get in a week early or get to sit on the sidelines til our freebie goes active?

You get it as a freebie when it goes active. Your account will be flagged for it automagically when the time comes. You won't get the physical goodies that come in the box, but you do get the digital goodies that are associated with the retail box.

At least that is how it worked in the past.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #16
    Kiara

Community Relations

Farlix wrote:

I just had a look at the amazon pre-order and it is not accepting international mailing addresses, so even if we are willing to go to the aditional expence of having it shipped half way round the world, we still cant get one, begining to feel like a second class customer SOE

This is being looked into.  The agreement is very specific that GameStop and Amazon will be shipping overseas.

Please let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater juuuuuust yet.  Also, since we won't be shipping until February, we've got a little time to work this all out with our distributors.

Additionally, retail boxes **should** be shipped in time for people to have them on release day if they pre-ordered, rather than waiting a week to get it.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #17
    Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Kiara wrote:

Additionally, retail boxes **should** be shipped in time for people to have them on release day if they pre-ordered, rather than waiting a week to get it.

Amazon will have them arrive on February 16th, not before, unfortunately.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
    KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae

Xalmat wrote:

How do the preorders work for people who went to fan faire and are elegible for a free copy? Do we get in a week early or get to sit on the sidelines til our freebie goes active?

You get it as a freebie when it goes active. Your account will be flagged for it automagically when the time comes. You won't get the physical goodies that come in the box, but you do get the digital goodies that are associated with the retail box.

At least that is how it worked in the past.

... *slams on brakes* .. oooh!  I forgot all about that !  I went to FF this year!  I get 2 EXPs free!  *celebrate*

*ponders 1 collector's edition* ...

KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #19
    Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

[email protected] wrote:

... *slams on brakes* .. oooh!  I forgot all about that !  I went to FF this year!  I get 2 EXPs free!  *celebrate*

*ponders 1 collector's edition* ...

You only get the xpac for the station account(s) you registered for Fan Faire. So if you only registered one station account, you only get one copy of the xpac.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #20
    Terrius

Loremaster

Xalmat wrote:

The issue is that there's no compelling reason for retailers to have the retail version on shelves if it has to compete with the digital version. It is a problem the entire game industry is facing.

So you justifying it by saying, the retailers need incentive? You're saying since I live in Canada I shouldnt be allowed to start a week early? Considering where I am atleast, my PRE ORDERED TSO retail box came a WEEK LATE which would mean that i wouldnt even get to see that 7 day head start. TBH this is just stupid.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #21
    CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

Xalmat wrote:

Kiara wrote:

I have bought many mmo's from Gamestop, and even though I'm in Canada they almost always get them to me at least 1 day before.   I highly recommend them if you're looking to have it delivered and not pick it up in-store.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #22
    feldon30

Fansite Staff

The issue is that retailers, both online and stores, are scared to death about breaking Street Dates. They've faced huge fines and browbeatings by Microsoft, Electronic Arts, etc. The important part here, is for CLEAR communication between SoE Marketing and the retailers that there IS NO STREET DATE and that boxes should be shipped as soon as they are ready. After all, who cares what's on the DVDs, what matters is the product keys, and those could be entered weeks in advance so you're ready to play on day 1.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #23
    Mentho

Lord

YAAAAY once again SoE shafts all non-US people playing eq2, last 2 expansions werent in my stores till 2 weeks after digital download was available... this 7 day headstart needs to be removed cause its majorly unfair to all your other customers, If this is the sorta thing thats going to continue for eq2 under SoE I will be seriously rethinking continueing to pay my sub. THANK YOU SO MUCH SOE!!!

Mentho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #24
    Rheem
    Server: Blackburrow
    Guild: Guardians of the Stars

Loremaster

What to do, what to do, retail is such a pain in the rear, and SOE clearly has some sort of issue with online downloads. I mean, seriously. It costs less to do it online because there is no box or CD's, and yes we pay the same price and get almost no goodies.

Last year I went online and the wife went retail. Best Buy didn't even have it in store until THREE DAYS AFTER the launch. And that was in store pick up.

I'm sorry, but either SOE needs to garuntee that we will have our preorders IN OUR HANDS the day of the early launch (which strangely enough is sort of the whole idea behind the concept of preordering) OR give the online purchase the same options and features that the retail has.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #25
    Terrius

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Xalmat wrote:

Kiara wrote:

I have bought many mmo's from Gamestop, and even though I'm in Canada they almost always get them to me at least 1 day before.   I highly recommend them if you're looking to have it delivered and not pick it up in-store.

Grats, cause here in calgary, TSO preorder came a week late. and there was only 1 EB games even remotely close to me (there are 5 within half an hour from my house) that had the preorder availible, if it's like that for TSF then what's the point?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #26
    Despak

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

Farlix wrote:

I just had a look at the amazon pre-order and it is not accepting international mailing addresses, so even if we are willing to go to the aditional expence of having it shipped half way round the world, we still cant get one, begining to feel like a second class customer SOE

This is being looked into.  The agreement is very specific that GameStop and Amazon will be shipping overseas.

Please let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater juuuuuust yet.  Also, since we won't be shipping until February, we've got a little time to work this all out with our distributors.

Well maybe you should have checked with your "partners" BEFORE YOU ANNOUNCED THIS CRAP!!!

Despak is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #27
    thecynic315

Loremaster

Best buy doesnt seem to have any info on this at their website yet, also does this mean that beta will end on Feb 15th @ 23:59 PDT?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #28
    Korven

Loremaster

Well, I'm guessing there aren't going to be any details on the difference between the Guarding of the Reasoned from the 2 retail copies and the Guarding of the Learned from the digital version any time soon.  I wonder if it's just a visual difference between the two armor pieces or if there is a difference with the stats as well.  Also, what kind of armor pieces are they?  Breastplates maybe, Shields?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #29
    Terrius

Loremaster

I love how Neither Bestbuy.ca nor amazon.ca have Sentinel’s Fate even on their websites. Love the Giant middle finger to canada.
    Old 11-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #30
    Mentho

Lord

hey SoE got a simple fix for you to avoid get hammered by your customers and likely loosing abunch cause you seem real good at alienating your customers..... ADD THE SAME OPTIONS TO DIGITAL DOWNLOAD... problem solved... why is this so hard?????

Mentho is offline   Reply With Quote