EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-29-2006, 06:22 AM   #31
jarnpraetor

Loremaster

Badd Boy wrote:
Oh and as an FYI...... The DPS in our guild is constantly like this... in the top 4 in no particular order because it is extremely situational.

Conjurors/Necros......Rangers......Berserkers......and Wizards/Warlocks.

Berzerkers?!?!?!

You should delete your toon and your guild.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:25 AM   #32
Pins

General

Badd Boy wrote:
Oh and as an FYI...... The DPS in our guild is constantly like this... in the top 4 in no particular order because it is extremely situational.

Our bruiser pulls and sets traps alot so is dead during fights a ton, so I do not have any proof to tell you about there DPS.

Message Edited by Badd Boy on 07-28-2006 10:17 PM

Or your Sorcs suck.  You also don't have any assassins do you?  Or how about Rogues?  They should be up there as well.  What about Illusionists?  They can dish out DPS too, but obviously you don't have a very DPS-oriented one.  I mean either the people in your guild aren't the greatest at the game, or wait, that's obviously it.

Message Edited by Pinski on 07-28-2006 10:25 PM

Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest
Pins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:27 AM   #33
Peston

Loremaster

lets not change the subject! lol..lockeye told us we are wrong... im not understanding why...
Level 70
Oasis - The Awakening

Peston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:29 AM   #34
MystaSkrat

Badd Boy wrote:

Yea, please tell me you don't have any assassins.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:31 AM   #35
Badd Boy

Loremaster

Yes, I said berserkers. AE fights, berserkers own. Most T7 raids are AE. Can I outdps a berserker. Yes and I do most of the time. I am telling you how it comes up. If you dont like it fine. Our raid averages about 13k-15k dps sometimes more sometimes less. If that is not in line with you guys that it's not. It is what I see "first hand" since you guys like to use that term. Stand back and look at the classes that have been nerfed. You rangers were nerfed, I understand. I feel your pain. What I don't like is always browsing class boards and seeing the whining. You don't like your class, betray. One more thing, berserkers are on parse a ton. Not all the time....but a ton. I talk to our rangers all the time and ask them what is going on....they say the same exact thing..I stay away from our class boards because they whine too much. Shoot a tell to our ranger and talk to him. I don't wanna mention there names on here but you can look at our guild page and see it. You think I am full of crap..fine. I don't have to prove a thing to you guys. Obviously Lockeye is seeing it for himself.
Badd Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:33 AM   #36
Badd Boy

Loremaster

MystaSkratch wrote:

Badd Boy wrote:

Yea, please tell me you don't have any assassins.
Heh, we do have one. He is in recruit status and does not raid as much with us atm. Our Assassin changed servers some time ago. I can't speak for assassins, so I did not throw them in.
Badd Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:35 AM   #37
Peston

Loremaster

Badd Boy that is the problem though. Why are you proud that your Berserkers on top? The Devs have specifically stated that they are not supposed to be T1 dps. Now we have the dev saying again that we as rangers are full of it, and our parsings are way out of wack... hmm.. LOTS of contradicting information going on...and on second thought.. I'm done... this is beyond belief

Message Edited by Peston on 07-28-2006 07:37 PM

Level 70
Oasis - The Awakening

Peston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:36 AM   #38
Wil81115

Loremaster

Why should we bother any longer.  It's obvious SOE doesn't really care, or their data is just plain WRONG and you choose to hide behide it without checking a wider sampling.  Seriosuly, how about you follow a high end raiding guild around for a few nights and see the parses.. Oh wait most of those guilds don't have a Ranger(s) anymore.  Why is that? Can't be because their DPS is lower then other classes, some of which are suppose to be LOWER DPS then the Rangers but they bring alot more utility and MORE DPS to the raid.

Wil81115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:46 AM   #39
Anxi

General

Lockeye,

Let's see your raw data. Let's see how it stacks up against all the parses here. It's one thing to say you have the data, it's quite another to share said data.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:54 AM   #40
TaleraRis

Loremaster

I am sick and tired of rangers whining into oblivion until you get classes nerfed.
I don't see anyone here looking to get a class nerfed, especially because that is exactly what happened to us.  I see a lot of people with good points that are posting good information to get US boosted to where we should be. That's how most have tried to be around here, constructive and informative. The only one whining here is you about the feedback that people are giving.
Najena

Morgasand Ka'Bael
54 Roswellian Mind Scrambler
87 Shield Polisher
Najena
TaleraRis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:55 AM   #41
Nak

General

I bet Lockeye is in Badd Boy's guild
Nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #42
ProphecyCT

Loremaster

Glad to say, we have no rangers in the guild!  Why do I think a large amount of rangers will be betraying to assassins soon =p?
Old 07-29-2006, 07:04 AM   #43
ProphecyCT

Loremaster

Lockeye wrote:
Regardless of what I actually observe in game as a player, the server wide parses show that Rangers are performing where they should be. In none of the categories does a Conjurer, Necromancer, Swashbuckler, or Brigand ever outrank the Ranger's DPS averages. What I observe in game also happens to reflect what the data shows, but not every individual Ranger's performance will reflect the data. I know it may not be what some of you may want to hear, but I'm going by raw data.

Message Edited by Lockeye on 07-28-2006 06:28 PM

That's just wow... lol...I bet our Conjurer, Necro, Swashie and Brigand would take that bet anyday =p.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:09 AM   #44
ProphecyCT

Loremaster

All guilds should start using this abbreviation.TGWHNRThank God, we have no rangers!
Old 07-29-2006, 07:11 AM   #45
MystaSkrat

I was serious.  I'd gladly show you parses where our summoners and rogues (and myself) routinely beat a ranger.  Except, we don't have any rangers.  I'm kind of hoping maybe Khalan would be able to though, I know Second Dawn has some rangers, and I'm sure they don't suck.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:17 AM   #46
Marlow

Loremaster

USAFJeeper wrote:
Sorry Lockeye SMILEY  Those of us playing the class dont see the same rosy picture.  I am usually 6th in parses behind conjurers, brigands, swashbucklers, and of course assassins.  My rank for the night depends on how many assassins are on.

That whooshing sound is rangers betraying to assassins!

(Edited for spelling)

Message Edited by USAFJeeper on 07-28-200608:05 PM

quit crying.

FFS, deal with the fact that you're a mid-range DPS/support toon.

Its NOT EQ1, you dragon fodder toad.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:18 AM   #47
Marlow

Loremaster

Naku9 wrote:

Badd Boy wrote:
Here is something else you may not want to hear. If you rangers are constantly getting out dps'd by that many classes, you plain suck. I am sick and tired orangers whining into oblivion until you get classes nerfed. OMG, please stop with the whining. This board is sick and pathetic. If you guys want to learn how to be on top of your parses please shoot me a tell in game, I will hook you up with some good rangers who know how to play there class, in game instead of on the boards whining about it. Be good boys and girls.... I'll be back in a little bit to check on ya and change your diapers and put you down for a nap.

Just because people you play with suck, that make your ranger look good, doesn't mean a class on the high end is fine. k thx

actually, he plays a Nec, toolbox.

kkthx bye.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:21 AM   #48
Pins

General

Marlow wrote:

USAFJeeper wrote:
Sorry Lockeye SMILEY  Those of us playing the class dont see the same rosy picture.  I am usually 6th in parses behind conjurers, brigands, swashbucklers, and of course assassins.  My rank for the night depends on how many assassins are on.

That whooshing sound is rangers betraying to assassins!

(Edited for spelling)

Message Edited by USAFJeeper on 07-28-200608:05 PM

quit crying.

FFS, deal with the fact that you're a mid-range DPS/support toon.

Its NOT EQ1, you dragon fodder toad.

I'm sorry, but Lockeye specifically stated that Rangers were 2.2 in the DPS-poll.  Which would mean they are TOP DPS.  Therefore you sir, have just been served.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:21 AM   #49
MystaSkrat

Marlow wrote:

Naku9 wrote:

Badd Boy wrote:
Here is something else you may not want to hear. If you rangers are constantly getting out dps'd by that many classes, you plain suck. I am sick and tired orangers whining into oblivion until you get classes nerfed. OMG, please stop with the whining. This board is sick and pathetic. If you guys want to learn how to be on top of your parses please shoot me a tell in game, I will hook you up with some good rangers who know how to play there class, in game instead of on the boards whining about it. Be good boys and girls.... I'll be back in a little bit to check on ya and change your diapers and put you down for a nap.

Just because people you play with suck, that make your ranger look good, doesn't mean a class on the high end is fine. k thx

actually, he plays a Nec, toolbox.

kkthx bye.

He's saying, the other people in his (badd's) guild suck, and make his (badd's) guilds ranger look good.  Understand now?
Old 07-29-2006, 07:22 AM   #50
Ranvarenaya

Loremaster

Yeah, we have rangers, and I kinda hope we don't suck.  I don't get beat by rogues on average (though on some single parses they do beat me).  I can hang near assassins, often it goes assassin > me > assassin, with rogues and sorcerers right behind.  However, put a necro in there and the whole equation gets borked.  Summoners, specifically necromancers, are head and shoulders above us on a pretty regular basis.  Sometimes I can beat our necro, but over the course of a raid the average necro number is so absurdly beyond what I can put out I don't even use it as a frame of reference or goal anymore
Zorathustra 59 Conjuror, 69 Sage
Astarte 43 Mystic, 60 Jeweler
Nevazar 33 Wizard, 62 Alchemist
Ranvarenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:23 AM   #51
Nak

General

Badd Boy < Murlow ? or Murlow < Badd boy?

Message Edited by Naku9 on 07-28-2006 08:31 PM

Old 07-29-2006, 07:26 AM   #52
MystaSkrat

Ranvarenaya wrote:
Yeah, we have rangers, and I kinda hope we don't suck.  I don't get beat by rogues on average (though on some single parses they do beat me).  I can hang near assassins, often it goes assassin > me > assassin, with rogues and sorcerers right behind.  However, put a necro in there and the whole equation gets borked.  Summoners, specifically necromancers, are head and shoulders above us on a pretty regular basis.  Sometimes I can beat our necro, but over the course of a raid the average necro number is so absurdly beyond what I can put out I don't even use it as a frame of reference or goal anymore

Would it be too much to ask to see a zone wide parse that has your rangers on it and where they stand?  Preferably with a necro on there too... this is the one time I really wish Disso had a ranger so I could post one myself =
Old 07-29-2006, 07:37 AM   #53
Ixnay

Loremaster

ChaosUndivided wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll have to talk to my guildies about fabricating the parses and magically making it to the top every time.

Hey bud, just have all your necro's and conj's name their pet's "Khalan", and you will show up in the parse again!

EQ2Flames.com Got Flames?
Ixnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:37 AM   #54
Ranvarenaya

Loremaster

I actually had a zone-wide parse of Lab and closed it about 2 minutes before I looked at this post, but our assassins were away tonight.  I might be able to come up with something after the weekend.
Zorathustra 59 Conjuror, 69 Sage
Astarte 43 Mystic, 60 Jeweler
Nevazar 33 Wizard, 62 Alchemist
Ranvarenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:39 AM   #55
Pins

General

Ranvarenaya wrote:
I actually had a zone-wide parse of Lab and closed it about 2 minutes before I looked at this post, but our assassins were away tonight.  I might be able to come up with something after the weekend.

So, just open ACT again and parse it again.  It's fairly simple.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:42 AM   #56
Dasein

Loremaster

Do you notice in the first post he says first hand expierence in raiding, grouping, and soloing he said everything was fine.

However in the second post, it was raw data.

Is it me or is he contradicting himself?

No, why would it be contradictory? He's relating both personal experience as a player and server-wide parses that he has access to as a dev. There's no contradiction.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:45 AM   #57
Nak

General

he said it was expeirience first, then he changed the expierience to it being hard data
Old 07-29-2006, 07:46 AM   #58
LoreLady

Loremaster

I just dont know what to say on this.. I havent seen parsings myself, I am only above our summoners and rouges due to exploitive tactics.. Maybe we should get all assassins to do the rangers dance..I dont understand what 2.2 means.. 2.2k dps?  On what fights? What rangers? Can anyone prove anything wrong?When sony makes it that you have to wait to reuse auto attack on melee after ranged(waiting 7 seconds before melee) it will show up on there end.. but hey..Im goign to avoid the fourms for abit.. Give it about a week or so, then i'll jump back in.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:51 AM   #59
Pins

General

LoreLady wrote:
I just dont know what to say on this.. I havent seen parsings myself, I am only above our summoners and rouges due to exploitive tactics.. Maybe we should get all assassins to do the rangers dance..

I dont understand what 2.2 means.. 2.2k dps?  On what fights? What rangers? Can anyone prove anything wrong?

When sony makes it that you have to wait to reuse auto attack on melee after ranged(waiting 7 seconds before melee) it will show up on there end.. but hey..

Im goign to avoid the fourms for abit.. Give it about a week or so, then i'll jump back in.

2.2 means that you should be between 2nd and 3rd, leaning more towards 2nd place, in terms of the overall 24 class balance in ranking of just solely DPS.  At least, that's what I would think it means.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #60
Drainlo

Lockeye wrote:

Despite the perception issues that have persisted since the Ranger balance changes to their DPS rankings, Rangers are performing very well in DPS across all categories. I constantly analyze data between solo, groups and raids of various sizes across all classes, and Rangers are performing between ranks 1-4 in DPS in all size categories, with an average ranking of 2.2 (just slightly above average T1 DPS).

In my experience as a player that groups and raids with a few raid equipped Rangers, I haven't seen anything to indicate from their parsers that Rangers would be deficient in producing anything short of the top ranking DPS numbers for their group or raid, and it reflects what I see in Ranger serverwide performance across all player categories.

thank you SOE for telling me i suck at playing ur game :/