EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-30-2006, 07:19 PM   #31
EverMan

Testing fourm is for people on the test servers and if the dev didn't look at this fourm why is it sticky now?

Also I never said Pristine Imbuned Ironwood Long Bow was the best, I said we have 2 choice for t6 bows. A t5 bow isn't going to hit much in the new expanion so it gonna be useless to use in 3 weeks.

Message Edited by EverMania on 01-30-200608:25 AM

Old 01-31-2006, 01:22 AM   #32
Tseri

Loremaster

I'm inclined to agree with the opinion that int shouldn't affect the damage of a poison.  It makes no logical sense.  I'm smarter so the poison that I bought off the broker from some alchy should do more damage?  Ok...:smileyindifferent:

I'll also second that our offensive stance should be put back to where it was since they're fixing melee weapon procs.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:38 PM   #33
Ronin

Actually, you can hit anymob wih any level weapon now. Was changed a while back, forget which patch it was. But I know I can hit in melee with pgt on lvl 62 mobs, and thats what, a t4 heritage item i think?Point is, its the best weapon cause its proc rates are so high, the t6 Imbued ironwood is like 28% proc rate from a 7del bow, the t5 vilian bow is like near 50% proc rate, which is a substancial increase in procs, making extended raid fights even more functional for the bow, with its great chance for procs.Now as far as INT goes, honestly, I think it should be changed to where INT only effects spells and spell effects. And also should be changed to AGI again effects accuracy like it did before Combat updates.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:15 AM   #34
Cael

General

I think it was changed when weapons and armor stopped having numbers like 250 and had lvls like 50. Was that LU13.....who knows lol.

I think that a weapon will hit based on your skill with that skill, like slashing, ranged etc...

Dont quote me on that, but I know that Vyrdaw Claw (sp) a lvl 40 fabled dropped in MG will hit 56 and up mobs so it would lead me to believe the previous is true

Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:56 AM   #35
Korpo

Loremaster

EverMania wrote:

Problem we have found with the Ranger Subclass:

#1 The Lack of Legendry / Fabled Longbows with procs. As it stand there are 2 longbows in DoF, one is the Imbuned Ironwood Longbow, and second is the Darkfury Longbow (with no proc). Not much of a choice is there.

Loot in general is kind of wonky, game-wide. For example, ask a mage (or healer) what is the stat/effect/whatever to have on a piece of armor. Many of them will say power regen. Hence, raids usually look like a purple dress convention because every mage is wearing an Invoker robe. It's a level 40ish item with so-so stats, but everyone wants one for the effect. Nobody cares much for robe X or robe Y because it doesn't beat RoI, which has the effect. The same situation exists here, except instead of power regen, it's proc damage. If the proc damage is crap (Ironwood) or doesn't exist (Darkfury) then the item may as well not exist, everyone wants an old T5 bow because it has the effect. If, however, there was a T6 bow with a 12% chance to proc 500 damage, everyone would complain about the lack of diversity in bows. When T7 rolled around, everyone would be expecting a bow with 15% chance to proc 750 damage, or else they'd complain.The cycle doesn't end.

#2 Master Strike Abilities need to be a ranged CA.

The master strikes are aimed towards scouts in general, not rangers specifically. Scouts are seen as a melee damage class, hence melee arts. Maybe this will change when they get rid of the class progression nonsense, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

#3 Ho’s need to be on ranged CA. I know I don’t use them cause I’m never in melee range.

Would be nice if they changed some of the bow arts to have the symbols on the HO wheel. Or, like another poster said, redo the whole HO system from the ground up.

#4 The Lack of Scout Loot on raids in Dof. There are some but no much and the loot that is in the game is not the right staits for rangers. We want Str and Int on our armor there way too much agi , bards get it on there armor but it the bard only ones which we cannot use. Str for ranged/melee attack and Int for proc/poison.

Agree, would be nice to have some nice gear.

#5 The reward for the Path of Ranger quest does not give bow for reward when it says it should. And since all ranger go with longbow we would like it changed to a longbow from shortbow or a choice between the two.

I swear I got a bow for this when I went through the quest. It was a shortbow if I remember correctly. Is this a recent bug or something?

#6 When using Stealth to complete a HO, it will bug the ability and can not use stealth again until you relog.

I think this is scout specific as well.

#7 Focus Fire line of spells are completely useless cause of the 10 sec duration and 5 min recast.

Definitely agree.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:30 AM   #36
EverMan

korpo53 wrote:

EverMania wrote:

#1 The Lack of Legendry / Fabled Longbows with procs. As it stand there are 2 longbows in DoF, one is the Imbuned Ironwood Longbow, and second is the Darkfury Longbow (with no proc). Not much of a choice is there.

Loot in general is kind of wonky, game-wide. For example, ask a mage (or healer) what is the stat/effect/whatever to have on a piece of armor. Many of them will say power regen. Hence, raids usually look like a purple dress convention because every mage is wearing an Invoker robe. It's a level 40ish item with so-so stats, but everyone wants one for the effect. Nobody cares much for robe X or robe Y because it doesn't beat RoI, which has the effect. The same situation exists here, except instead of power regen, it's proc damage. If the proc damage is crap (Ironwood) or doesn't exist (Darkfury) then the item may as well not exist, everyone wants an old T5 bow because it has the effect. If, however, there was a T6 bow with a 12% chance to proc 500 damage, everyone would complain about the lack of diversity in bows. When T7 rolled around, everyone would be expecting a bow with 15% chance to proc 750 damage, or else they'd complain.The cycle doesn't end.

Mobs get more hp and  harder every tier so you don't expect your weapon to do more damge? Doesn't a 2h weapon have better damage, stats, and proc every tier? Why not a bow

Weapons and armor are apples and oranges you can not compare them.

Noone is asking for a Uber proc but don't you think it would have a better proc then  a crafted bow and % of proc are not going to go up with each tier that just crazy.

Message Edited by EverMania on 02-01-200601:55 PM

Old 02-03-2006, 02:43 AM   #37
Korpo

Loremaster

EverMania wrote:

korpo53 wrote:

EverMania wrote:

Mobs get more hp and  harder every tier so you don't expect your weapon to do more damge? Doesn't a 2h weapon have better damage, stats, and proc every tier? Why not a bow

Weapons and armor are apples and oranges you can not compare them.

Noone is asking for a Uber proc but don't you think it would have a better proc then  a crafted bow and % of proc are not going to go up with each tier that just crazy.

Message Edited by EverMania on 02-01-200601:55 PM

Of course weapons should do more damage every tier, you missed the whole point of my post. The point was that the only criteria most rangers use for judging whether a bow is good or not is if it has a proc. If it has a proc, it's worth considering. If it has no proc, I'd never in a million years use it under any circumstances. A bow could have +25 str and +25 agi and +25 int and a damage rating of 240, but with no proc it would be backup gear.In this case weapons and armor are not apples and oranges, again you missed the point. I was pointing out how two older items are seen as the best item a certain class can have, not because of stats or damage or anything else, but because of one special effect. For the RoI, it is the power regen. For the bow, it's the high chance to proc a lot of damage.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:34 AM   #38
Juniger

Loremaster

I say fixed the bow damage, since this last patch today bow damage was nerfed, BIG TIME.

Dizzle

lvl 60 Ranger Black Burrow

Juniger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:07 AM   #39
Culgar

Loremaster

Well, they certainly wasted no time skipping past things we needed and instead damaging the class to the point of being down-right EQ1-Kunark-Ranger-ish.-1) With Stream it's understandable to have the powerdrain and the ability to be interrupted, but a MINIMUM distance is rediclious.  If my foe is dumb enough to run up to me after the attack's started, that's less chances of my arrow missing it's mark.  There was an 'old underground movie' called Lord of the Rings that illustrated that point quite clearly a few times.-2) The only thing we can do good anymore is DPS, so why is our DPS constantly being reduced?  It seems to be a continuing trend in EverQuest.-3) PC Pets breaking our Traps!-4) Confusion Arrow.  WAY WAY too dangerous to be used efficently- or frequently.-5) Anyone who calls the shots on balancing classes ever play a ranger?  Just curious...
Culgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:47 AM   #40
Marcuzs

Loremaster

They also need to fix the proc on the Imbued Ironwood Bow. Glimmering Strike procs alot less than it should. When prismatic was procing off bow it accounted for 8 to 10% of my overall damage. Glimmering Strike acounts for 1 to 3%. Now Prismatic has a chance to proc of 7% and Glimmering is only 5%, but since Glimmering is 100 more damage than Prismatic it should even out. So the difference in percentage should not be big. If glimmering were procing correctly it would probably also acount for 8% of our damage. Now with weapons no longer procing on Bow this proc needs to be fixed more than ever.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:39 AM   #41
Hexus

Loremaster

Insofar as the minimum range is concerned, there still isn't one if it's started before the mob closes range and the power for the shots is so minimal as not to be noticed, the only time I've had stream interrupted whatsoever so far is by a propulsion sentinel.

I'm sure others have noticed, for those who have not: Just an FYI.

Hexus Lupis

60 Ranger - Kithicor - Valor

Message Edited by Hexus on 02-03-200605:40 PM

Hexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:57 AM   #42
Longtrang

Loremaster

Stream of Arrows:

Yesterday, the day of the patch when the NERF for Stream of Arrows was supposed to take a effect, the min distance was not effected as it was described in the patch notes...

Today, it is in place, go test it before you say it isn't.

Why they nerf a day after they say it's in place is anyones guess..

Longtrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #43
Hexus

Loremaster

Actually I logged in AFTER the patch, and it wasn't effected, but when I logged in last night, it was.  So I DID "go test it" and SoE obviously dropped the ball here.  The Power drain is still minimal, the range is a pain in the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn], but in no way insurmountable, more of an annoyance.  Same as before with the interrupt, noticed last night that damage shields now can interrupt too, though I don't understand how a damage shield for melee classes can hit a player at ranged, guess it's another "feature."

Hexus Lupis

60 Ranger - Valor - Kithicor

Hexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:45 AM   #44
lamad

Let my try and sum up what i have noticed so far.....

When stream which increases aggro is on and the mob aggros, i no longer continue to do dmg when the mob gets to close.  THIS SUX considering i am rooted and stifled.

All the arrows are level one so i went from auto attack hit between 700 - 1000 to now hitting for 30- 70

Finally, i no longer proc off my weapons.

Look, i agree that maybe we were a bit over powered, but these changes are a bit much!!!  Why wouldnt SOE just decrease the dmg some spells do rather than make a key spell suck and more dangerous for us to use, make arrows that COST US A TON useless in auto attack, and remove a heavy portion of some of our procs!!!  Again i dont mind a decrease in dps, just dont make the class suck to play, for those who have been used to the way it was!

PS These remarks come after getting OWNED in a group, by mobs i could once solo!!!!

lamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:21 AM   #45
Gnome mercy

Loremaster

lamadon wrote:

Let my try and sum up what i have noticed so far.....

When stream which increases aggro is on and the mob aggros, i no longer continue to do dmg when the mob gets to close.  THIS SUX considering i am rooted and stifled.

All the arrows are level one so i went from auto attack hit between 700 - 1000 to now hitting for 30- 70

Finally, i no longer proc off my weapons.

Look, i agree that maybe we were a bit over powered, but these changes are a bit much!!!  Why wouldnt SOE just decrease the dmg some spells do rather than make a key spell suck and more dangerous for us to use, make arrows that COST US A TON useless in auto attack, and remove a heavy portion of some of our procs!!!  Again i dont mind a decrease in dps, just dont make the class suck to play, for those who have been used to the way it was!

PS These remarks come after getting OWNED in a group, by mobs i could once solo!!!!

Not all arrows are level, try using your summon arrow spells, im only 36 and my summon feyiron is level 30, so use your summon arrows until they fix the created arrow bug
Gnome mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:16 PM   #46
Kala Asuras

Loremaster

I do not believe that the bug keeping the Cryptic chest pieces and round shields from procing their offensive procs has been fixed yet.  This is something I would add to a list of issues that needs to be addressed.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:17 AM   #47
BSbon

General

i've noticed a problem with the line of CAs that include crippling blade, raven embers, pounce etc. the ones where you need to be stealthed to use em. they currently have a shading to them to indicate that you cannot use them because you are not stealthed. the problem occurs when you activly use them in a long fight and you are not stealthed. they show as unusable but i am never sure if they are unusable due to refresh timer or not stealthed. i cannot find any way of turning off the shading.

bongo

BSbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:42 PM   #48
galobart

Loremaster

Hello.I'm using "Vruxx' Obsidian Shield", and this one have 12str, 12sta, 50health, 40power, 3defection and 549proteccion...In persona window, inside avoidance, deflection say: 0.0%Ranger-58 / Tailor-60Wizzy-60

Message Edited by galobart on 02-15-200604:44 PM

galobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #49
Beldin_

Loremaster

galobart wrote:
I'm using "Vruxx' Obsidian Shield", and this one have 12str, 12sta, 50health, 40power, 3defection and 549proteccion...In persona window, inside avoidance, deflection say: 0.0%
Deflection is a Monk/Bruiser skill, and you can't push a skill that you don't have via items SMILEY
Old 02-15-2006, 10:00 PM   #50
galobart

Loremaster

The shield is for all Priest, All scouts, Berserker, Guardian, Paladin and Shadowknight... not for Brawlers. ¿¿??
Old 02-15-2006, 10:03 PM   #51
Taubin

Loremaster

galobart wrote:The shield is for all Priest, All scouts, Berserker, Guardian, Paladin and Shadowknight... not for Brawlers. ¿¿??

********Edited due to the fact that I'm an idiot today*************

Message Edited by GTaubin on 02-15-200612:27 PM

Old 02-15-2006, 10:24 PM   #52
galobart

Loremaster

GTaubin wrote:

galobart wrote:The shield is for all Priest, All scouts, Berserker, Guardian, Paladin and Shadowknight... not for Brawlers. ¿¿??

Holy necro post batman!!!!
Sorry my english, but I don't understand your answer.:smileysad:I think, if SOE made a shield for scouts with deflection, then deflection must work for they, no?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:27 PM   #53
Taubin

Loremaster

sorry I completely mis-understood, please accept my apology...  I've had a long day of trying to defend my class to people both on these forums, and others.  I sincerely apologise... :smileysad:  I will edit my previouse post and watch what I am typing from now on
Old 02-16-2006, 01:27 AM   #54
smoody

Loremaster

Arrow levels really need to be removed from the game. Damage from a bow should be calculated based on the type of bow, not the level of the arrow. Has anyone tried to equip themselves with cobalt arrows recently? The cost for a single raid can be quite staggering. I can understand having different types of arrows such as piercing, slashing and crushing, but the level really needs to go away. A change which removed the level of arrows would eliminate a good portion of our unreasonable costs for DPS.

Fredethel

smoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:08 PM   #55
Taubin

Loremaster

This is a great example of what we can do to help the devs help us.  Please help keep this thread active and CONSTRUCTIVE.  There have been allot of old school rangers posting here that have been around since before LU13.  Please just keep it constructive and not a flame war.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:54 AM   #56
strider19

I wrote this on the forums but then discovered this board, so sorry for writing it twice but I wanted it in here:So after all the nerfage..or fixage as some would say we are really not the same class we were.  We used to be top of the line dps (as a wizard would normally be), but now we are mediocre dps with very little utility/worth to a group.  I guess I'm unhappy about this but I'm also happy because all the glory hunters are leaving my class.  One thing I would like to ask though, since they changed our stun to 2 seconds instead of 6, it gets so annoying stunning then running back to shoot when the mob unstuns and runs into our minimum range.  I realize it would be considered "unfair" by everyone who doesn't play a ranger if they took away our minimum range.  Instead of doin that, why not let our shots actually hit if the mob is out of minimum range, but runs into minimum range?  As in, if we cheap shot something run back 10 meters and begin casting our shot then the stun breaks and the mob starts running at us..the mob gets to 6m (less than minimum range) and our shot still goes off.  This way we can't just shoot someone who is meleeing us but if we began an attack we can finish it.  What say you SOE?  I know you would make every ranger in the world happy and at the same time wont' have to deal with whiners because it's really not buffing the class, just fixing an annoying issue.Also I came across someone's post who wrote "give me a cloak with a hood and I'll be happy"...I second that...I think the hoods on mages look good, but scouts deserve one too.  Plate classes get awesome shoulder pads, mages get sweet hoods, scouts are kind of screwed with crappy looking chain .  Let's face it male rangers, it looks like we are wearing a dress.  If we got cloaks with hoods we'd look like real hunters out in the wild, it would give a dangerous look and feel to make the game much more fun for all scout classesSMILEYIn fact, I'd actually rather have the hood thing rather than the bowshot at minimum range lol.  Please please please devs read and consider this, I know most posts just get ignored but this isn't asking for muchSMILEY
strider19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:29 AM   #57
Steezi

Agree with most of the posts here. However... Path of the Ranger does not need a longbow reward... Do Grizzlefazzle's errands, and at level 65 the rewarded bow is more than twice as effective as ironwood... better stats, double the dr, and a proc onnit that i cannot see correctly yet, as i cant use it... So for all u's worried about the lack of a longbow.. dont worry, there is one, and its simply amazing.

Peacock quest line is still worth doing for the dualwield... ft14 is HUUUGE now that we actually use up pwer, and the stats on it are sick as well...I use it well over the Shortsword of Sorrow, and aside from the Godking and Terror dualies its prolly the best one that exists in DoF...(other two being so desperately rare, u may be lucky to see 3 on the same server...)

All in all, the amount of scout and ranger gear is fine....Was never worried about the lack of a plethera of bows in DoF because ironwood did so much damage. And i assure you, for all u rangers that are having trouble in DoF atm, the problem is not the weapon, its the class using it...DoF raid zones have a disgusting amount of scout gear comparibly with other zones. (of course there is still much more plate and healer loot, but thats a given considering that they are the two classes needing it the most to garauntee the success of groups and raids...) And in the first few days, i have been replacing the t6 fabled armor i had collected with regular t7 treasured....I am NOT a solo ranger at heart, so i will easily take the HUGE upgrade in stats over the small loss in mit...All in all ive been happy about the gear. Its the class thats broken...

Steezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:03 PM   #58
Samundus

Loremaster

would be nice to know what CA is. you know eveyone does not speak game geek or Leetie on HQ when i do a HO in TS my Select AoE does not proc inside  ect.. you might know what i just said but someone new trying to read this would get very confused.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:49 AM   #59
Zh

Samundus wrote:would be nice to know what CA is. you know eveyone does not speak game geek or Leetie on HQ when i do a HO in TS my Select AoE does not proc inside  ect.. you might know what i just said but someone new trying to read this would get very confused.
Ah you'll get used to it, we're all just too lazy to type stuff out, true typical l337 speak takes longer to type than it would with real letters.. like // / // J /-CA = combat art, or.. the melee version of spellsHQ = heritage questHO = heroic opportunityTS = probably referring to the Thundering Steppes zone.AoE = area of effect

Unrest
Johnny - 58 HUM Bruiser
Xilekulus - 55 IKS RNG
Zh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:59 AM   #60
Xeph

General

Dear Devs,

It costs 8 gold to kill something with arrows on average. Can you please find a solution? Also, if you could please put back hunting arrows in the vendors that would be great.

Thanks,

Message Edited by Xephre on 04-17-2006 10:02 PM

Xeph is offline   Reply With Quote