EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2005, 01:14 AM   #61
juvondy

Loremaster

Another tip for those who like centaur faction...Kill gnolls...lots of gnolls.  That will raise your faction with Great Herd (centaur).  Also check you faction with the Great Herd before you start.  As long as it is above indifferent you should be able to hunt them without totally killing your faction.

Bodee

Up and comming Half Elf Ranger

aka. Brashem Swamptoe 48 SK Antonia Bayle

Old 11-09-2005, 01:21 AM   #62
TaleraRis

Loremaster

Mentla wrote:

I don't remember the short-form for it but pointless without  a picture mate  SMILEY

By the way, how would one insert a picture into a post?

Alas, I have no pictures of my amphibious self.

I shall have to get some.
Najena

Morgasand Ka'Bael
54 Roswellian Mind Scrambler
87 Shield Polisher
Najena
TaleraRis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:56 PM   #63
Mentla

Loremaster

Well, I spent enough time griping about it, I may as well show the fruits of my labours: Ah, doesn't she look sweet. Am presently leveling/foraging like mad so she will have legendary LEATHRES waiting for her at 30  SMILEY ok, how do I insert a picture please?  http link until then: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/mentla/AQarmor.jpg

Message Edited by Mentla on 11-10-2005 08:57 AM

Message Edited by Mentla on 11-10-2005 08:58 AM

Old 11-10-2005, 02:29 PM   #64
Dasanhgul

Loremaster

Dasanhgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #65
Mentla

Loremaster

Thanks Dasa - but how did you do it? And apoliges for the quality - can't really crank your settings up in the Harbor, but I was too tired to bugger about  SMILEY
Old 11-10-2005, 07:20 PM   #66
Mentla

Loremaster

Straight from the horses mouth - best way to view your armor: http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=grph&message.id=18572 Going to try this with my little lady tonight  SMILEY
Old 12-15-2005, 08:43 PM   #67
Berek_IronAxe

Loremaster

Finished up my AQ's last night.  Guide is perfect.  Most is soloable except the Stormhold Crusaders, Cavaliers, The Tormentors and Ott Stompgut gave me some hassles but a nice Pallie and Wiz in TS gave me a hand-thanks guys.

Now I have replaced the TL Bracers with the ones you get from the Archeologist in SH they have slightly better stats but I might of goofed with LU #18 coming out and making changes to the AQ items. 

On to Stormfire, just need Lord Gydrk.

2 Thumbs up.

Nektulos Server
Berek_IronAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:39 PM   #68
Taeolen

Loremaster

The quests have changed, for sure.  I did part 1 last night and I had to kill 4 Giant Kodiak Bears and then collect 20 journal pages from Caltrosis Knights.  That's as far as I got. SMILEY
Old 12-23-2005, 04:20 AM   #69
DotC0m

Loremaster

Maul wrote:
Ian's Forgetful Family - Part VI

-Kill 15 Steelhoof Hunters
-Kill 10 Skeletal Troopers
-Kill named giant Ott Stompgut

Reward:  Trade Link Chainmail (Tunic) - 236 AC at lvl 30, +6 Agi , +3 Str, +15 Health, +17 Power, +67  def. vs disease, +101 def. vs magic

Takes place in Thundering Steppes.
Steelhoof Hunters can be killed with most effieciency at the Centaur Bridge area, its the second bridge over the dry riverbed, going South, with Bridge Keep being the first.  Fairly quick respawn here but I encourage taking an enchanter along, as there are some Centaur groups here near the bridge.
Skeletal Troopers can be found around the entrance to the Ruins of Varsoon, South of Qeynos tower 3.  Travel South from the tower past some craters until you see a forest of broken trees, you should find some Troopers here.
Ott Stompgut is a spawned mob, he does not exist on his own.  If you enter Deadview Pass with this quest, Ott will spawn and attack you.  The pass is located along the East wall of mountians going North from North Bandit Camp (where Centaur Captain Duranas is).  Ott has 2 trained bears with him as pets, an enchanter would do wonders in this situation as well.

For part 6 i had to kill 12 Sabertooth Harvesters, 10 Battleing Rumblers, 12 Unearthed Settlers and Ott

*numbers may be a little off*

Old 12-23-2005, 06:24 PM   #70
Sae

Anyone know where to find the Battling Rumblers?
Sae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 06:39 PM   #71
Gaj

General

AQ 2 is now12 Necrosis Conscript Goblins in Ant, Grolven Chiptooth in Ant and 4 Varsoon's Apprentices in TS.
Tough but I was able to duo it with a 22 Fury, I was lvl 20.

One comment I have though is that before the different AQ's for different classes appeared to need mobs from the same general location, but now we were both on AQ 2 but needed mobs from completely different areas, indeed even different zones with my need to travel to TS. Surely this is going to hinder players from finding groups to help them complete their quests. Certainly for my duo, it was a very long drawn out affair completeing 2 AQ's with a lot of running about.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:57 PM   #72
Sae

Anyone, this is driving me nuts, all I need are "Battling Rumblers" to finish aq6, I cannot find them?

Sae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #73
DotC0m

Loremaster

They are over by the Giant NPC needed for PGT along the coast next to him and inside a cave they are called granite and earth rumblers. Both will count for AQ.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:25 PM   #74
Berek_IronAxe

Loremaster

I just started this quest again with my Pallie and it has changed.  Since Ian is for all Plate and Chain classes - I thought I would share what I have seen so far-currently only on AQ2

AQ#1:  20 Caltorsis Knights and 4 Giant Kodiaks

AQ#2:  12 Nercosis Goblins Conscripts, 4 Varsoon Apprentices, and Chippy(Grolven Chiptooth - Who has changed to a Solo Mob 21^)

I hope this helps and I will come back with more updates as I find out more.

Good Hunting

Message Edited by Berek_IronAxe on 02-14-200607:55 AM

Nektulos Server
Berek_IronAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:48 PM   #75
Diadem1

Lord

If any devs or mods or whoever read this thread, it should be unstuck.  Its is now completely inaccurate, and infact provides misleading information.The original thread was wonderful, but now it just causes confusion.  For example, the very first quest description directs you to heroic Caltorsis Knights, not something a lvl appropriate playering donig this quest can solo.  However, just south of the Giant Kodiaks in the far north east corner are a large grouping of easly soloable non heroics on the cliffs east overlooking Windstalker Village.  They surround the Spire.  Had I not been paying attention to track I would have never found them.AQ2 is solable as well, if you are careful.  The goblins are a mix of heroics and regular mobs.  The apprentaces are easy enough if you are careful with your pulls.  Pick your targets carefully and its easily done.  Chippy is the only mob that should be challenging, and with our recient nerf...may require a second.AQ3 is in SH, it requires a variety of skellys from both lvl one and lvl two.  It will require several clearings of specific areas in the zone to complete, but it can be done easily with a competent group.  I was able to get many of them with just a templar duo, but certain groups will require a tank as well.AQ4 I havent done (server crashes within 2 min of every logon since the patch, whee), but it was for mobs in the Crypt of Betrayal.
Diadem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #76
StarryEyedElf

Fair enough.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #77
Saihung23

Loremaster

Yeah, this needs to be rewritten a bit...anyone know if the swashbuckler is the same as the rangers?

If so I am going to be starting the swashie armor quest in a few days...I could do a write up from that...

Or...if it is different, then maybe someone who is going through it soon can give us a write up for it...

I would hate to use a third party source and not know if what I was writing was correct...

Anyone?

****Edited****

Actually, I dont think I ever did the original AQ's except the first one...(I was level 28 when I found out about them..) I bet I could go do them now with no problem and give a write up on it.

I will try tonight or tomorrow and get back here with something.

Message Edited by Saihung23 on 08-07-2006 11:40 AM

Old 08-21-2006, 04:57 PM   #78
Essien6

I've been working on the quest of the last few days...once I get my last 2 pieces completed I'll post some updated information. Quest is quit a bit harder than I expected...rewards are also different.
Essien6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:40 PM   #79
Saihung23

Loremaster

I am doing it with my swashbuckler (shhh) alt right now too...I wanted to post the info, I think its the same...I will see when you make your post.

I would say start a new thread with your post and then we can get it floated up top. 

Old 08-28-2006, 08:12 PM   #80
Essien6

I finally completed the quest last night, here is the end results.

I'll post the quest parts later today when I get home from work.

Message Edited by Essien612 on 08-28-2006 11:16 AM

Essien6 is offline   Reply With Quote