EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-28-2005, 12:04 AM   #31
Garash

Can anyone explane were the defiled drusaders are?  And if they are bugged how do I fix that?

thanks,

Kazel
Garash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:09 AM   #32
Ren

Yep the Spindlecog helm is definatly the way to go if your still low on cash and in need of an upgrade, you can solo everything except the octopi, and groups for them can be troublesome to find, I wore my helm till I was of level to upgrade to Feysteel, along with all my other AQ items, it seems players that dont keep up with their gear seem to be doing a disservice to there party, and I usually frown my nose down on it, but yeah Ians family quest will defiantly supply you till lvl 30, and also give you some great exp.

Plus the Spindlecog helm does make you some nice cash to jingle in your pockets when you finally go to sell it SMILEY

Yeah, thats the original "Pink" AQ armor, for the win.
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:41 PM   #33
Nari

Loremaster

This really should be stickied.
Nari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:01 AM   #34
Atilis Wulfbyte

Loremaster

Two Questions:1) Why is it bad to hurt Centaur Faction?2) I just bought a Pristine forged carbonite chainmail coif, is the one the guy from Baubleshire better? Should I just try to sell the one I have and go for the other one?
Atilis Wulfbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #35
Mamasee

Atilis Wulfbyte wrote:Two Questions:1) Why is it bad to hurt Centaur Faction?2) I just bought a Pristine forged carbonite chainmail coif, is the one the guy from Baubleshire better? Should I just try to sell the one I have and go for the other one?
If your KOS it is hard to harvest on there areas untill there grey, also its hard to talk to the chief, by the time, you can get the mobs around the chief are grey the quest is old. If you gather materals, you are crafting and can buy a good chest item, or you can do the AQ6 quest and have a chest piece that is blue at 31.
Mamasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:07 AM   #36
Ma

woot, I got stickied!  
Old 02-16-2005, 01:55 AM   #37
Jay

General

Great guide, Maul. Wish I'd found this one earlier. SMILEY Still on AQ6 tho, so it definitely helps there.

But yes, ironically I found AQ3 to be the hardest so far. (Also hate Stormhold.) AQ4 wasn't that bad once I got a group together for CoB; the mobs you need are all easy spawns and it was just a matter of grinding thru them. AQ5 was so easy I finished it without realizing I'd done so. I somehow recovered all the poker chips without knowing how I did it (I think it was from undead settlers, and we were just taking them down while waiting for a friend), and found Bonechipper without noticing it. The only part of that one that I did intentionally was the corpse feeders (crabs in the dead river basin). BTW, be careful down there - a disorganized group can very easily pull a bunch of adds and turn a routine fight into a life-threatening battle.

And if you happen to be on Butcherblock and need help with any of the latter three AQs, send me a tell, I'll be happy to lend my blades. SMILEY
Old 02-18-2005, 01:35 AM   #38
Lerath_Litefo

If you're really dead-set against ruining your Centaur faction, there's always the option of buying the BP. Believe it or not, I frequently see the trade-link items on the brokers on my server. I guess some people need the money more than they want the armor upgrade. /shrug It's an option, anyway.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:12 PM   #39
Ginja A

Just a question from a noob..Do all AQ quests need to kill the same spawns?No matter whether Ranger, paladin, etc...
Ginja A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:18 AM   #40
Lerath_Litefo

Not entirely. I have played 3 different classes past the level 20 AQs now (guardian, ranger, and conjurer). In some cases, multiple classes need some of the same mobs, but that is not always the case. The AQs do branch off to different mobs for different classes in some cases. Sometimes that can cause a bit of dissention in "AQ groups" trying to decide whose mobs to go after first, but if you're fortunate enough to get into a good group, they'll usually make sure that they get everyone's needed mobs before breaking up.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:30 AM   #41
Sama

Good post. I must say though, I think you can solo Grolven Chiptooth if you kite him properly. At level 23 I can solo him (blue^^) and I grouped with a 24 ranger yesterday that claimed to do it at 21. He is the one that gave me the idea to try it.
Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #42
CyahLaytar

Loremaster

Thanks for the post, it really helped, especially on AQ 5 and 6.BeowolfeUnrest
Old 03-09-2005, 01:39 AM   #43
Nari

Loremaster

I sadly have no concept of kiting. What did you do to Chiptooth?
Nari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:33 PM   #44
Davilan

Concur.  Tinker Spindlacog gives the matching Helm for our armor.

For those of you that don't want to mess up your centaur faction just yet, you can get some rather easy armor quests from the Watcher of the Fields.    He gives 5 different quests.  I have only completed one so far, but got a nice set of boots that were only a few points different from the AQ boots.

If you like to harvest in TS, it is easier without having centaurs chasing you.

Kwent

where is the watcher of the fields?

Message Edited by Davilan77 on 04-14-2005 09:41 AM

Najena Server
Davilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:51 AM   #45
Landrov

say...i was having too much fun in ts killing stuff that i noticed i got to lvl 26 and i'm only on aq3(sh part)...you reckon i can solo all aq from now on(3-6)?.......:smileysurprised:
Khazad- 17 warrior(going ?)
Altariel- 20 mystic
Landrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:37 AM   #46
Ma

Doubt it.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:04 PM   #47
Sulas

Loremaster

I hit 26 before completeing AQ3.  You can solo most of AQ3 but will definintely need some help with the Cavaliers in SH. I've been told I can solo AQ4 and AQ5 but haven't started yet.  I bought an Imbued Pristine Forged Carbonite Tunic, so I'm not sure I'll even do AQ6.
Tiger pet + snowballs = happy ranger
Sulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:43 AM   #48
kyshander

Loremaster

It was a lot easier to solo the final parts of the AQ for Ranger than it was to do the first few....
Crystal Entity
Steamfont
kyshander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 06:25 AM   #49
StealthM0

General

{Off Topic}
In regards to reply #41...

Grolven Chiptooth...

Solod at 22 yesterday. The key is poisons. I use two rares and one common poison. Currently for testing purposes far as "stacking".

These posoins are:
Translucent Fluxbladed Visions (high DD high DoT)
Touch of the beholder (STUNs target) This stopped Grolven in his tracks while I sat back and picked him off at range.
Translucent retribution of the sky (lowers miti vs. piercing)

I get these poisons from two vendors currently. Moleni, and Rijacki. Both are excellent alchemists and for the right price will craft rare poisons for you. I do not know how busy they are atm, but send 'em a tell and if available I am sure they will let you know.

Far as the AQ's I don't think I have done any of them yet. Most of my armor is from the market. But I am going to do all the AQ's anyway, if for nothing else then the experience of it. SMILEY
FIX THE RANGER MYTHICAL IN 09! DEVZ KNOW ITS BROKE, GMs KNOW ITS BROKE, SO WHY IS IT STILL BROKE?!? FIX REPEATING ARROWS, AND OUR OTHER BROKEN CA'S! AND READD BY PRODUCT INGOTS, OR REMOVE BY PRODUCT DUSTS!
StealthM0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:39 PM   #50
Tako

Finished the AQ today, V and VI are soloable.  I saved Centaurs till last thinking it would be easier to get around.

1) Ott came at me with his two bears and 2 other Giants followed him.  I just focused on Ott (he went down quick) then used escape.

2) Took care of the Centaurs and I noticed they didnt go KOS after I was done.  I can only assume this is because my killing the local Gnolls builds Faction with them.  After I killed more Gnolls bringing my faction back up (Great Herd Faction).

A tactic I use since I mostly solo (lvl 26) is I start with Bow CA and depress my ranged attack button.  I use the D key to circle my target as they chase me around as I side step in circles.  The target gets in close enough that I can use a melee attack between bow shots so right after my melee CA my ranger fires an arrow.  This works for me because it allows time for all my CA's to power back up.  Now if your taking on a group this tactic makes you spin in a circle after the Mob goes down.  I target the next mOB and start backing up and start the process over.  It takes a little work but you'll notice you maintain alot more health in the process.  This doesn't work as well against Magic users.  Another thing isuse your W and S keys to divert yourself away from other MOBs.

Lobos Spiritwolf lvl 26 Ranger

Reminition (Befallen)

Tako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:47 PM   #51
Spec-o

this was very helpful for me, thank you
Old 10-15-2005, 09:30 PM   #52
Tierk

Loremaster

I just got AQ6 and I didn't have to kill any centaurs.  It looks like they've been replaced by bears.

Edit :: Ok, I'm dumb...  After actually STARTING it and trying to kill a few bears and finding that didn't work, I realized, to my chagrin, that it is indeed Steelhoof hunters that are required for AQ6.  Sorry about that.

Message Edited by Tierk on 10-17-2005 08:05 PM

Message Edited by Tierk on 10-17-2005 08:06 PM

Tierk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:00 AM   #53
comwebgr

Loremaster

Can you post a pic of the armor?

80+ Warden

Wings of Tunare
comwebgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:26 PM   #54
Dasanhgul

Loremaster

Ranger AQ Armor pics (the green coloring was added in LU 13 if I'm not mistaken)

PS: maybe next time I remember to show the helmet :smileytongue:
Dasanhgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:40 PM   #55
Mentla

Loremaster

I can't seem to get a group together for love nor-money.  Managed to solo the knights but the sabers are too tough - any easy camps around?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:55 PM   #56
Mentla

Loremaster

Kthaara wrote:
Concur.  Tinker Spindlacog gives the matching Helm for our armor.

For those of you that don't want to mess up your centaur faction just yet, you can get some rather easy armor quests from the Watcher of the Fields.    He gives 5 different quests.  I have only completed one so far, but got a nice set of boots that were only a few points different from the AQ boots.

If you like to harvest in TS, it is easier without having centaurs chasing you.

Kwent

Where might I find this watcher chap?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:58 PM   #57
Dasanhgul

Loremaster

Mentla wrote:

Where might I find this watcher chap?

Loc: 1374, -1, 258

Dasanhgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:54 PM   #58
Mentla

Loremaster

Ooo, they look like fun solo quests!  Thanks!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #59
TaleraRis

Loremaster

Oooooo that armor will look good against my purple skin SMILEY
Najena

Morgasand Ka'Bael
54 Roswellian Mind Scrambler
87 Shield Polisher
Najena
TaleraRis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #60
Mentla

Loremaster

TaleraRis wrote:Oooooo that armor will look good against my purple skin SMILEY

I don't remember the short-form for it but pointless without  a picture mate  SMILEY By the way, how would one insert a picture into a post?