EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-06-2016, 02:03 PM   #1
ZUES

Will there be new class cloaks, belts, etc. in Kunark Ascending? Perhaps some kind of a quest to upgrade our existing ToT class cloaks with KA required resolve and stats?
Old 11-06-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
Wurm

I'd rather not have them add a quest to upgrade the lottery cloaks.

Add a quest that EVERYONE can do to get a new class cloak or let it be.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:03 PM   #3
Mermut

Even though I've got my class cloak, I have to agree with this one. Either give everybody the opportunity to 'quest for it',or nobody, not just those that got lucky.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:43 PM   #4
Lojaak

But there are ways to still get the eth war runes - zek chests and KP contested. Sure the drop rate isn't great, but they are still ingame.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:54 PM   #5
Kander

Developer

Who knows. I guess you'll have to wait and see?
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:06 PM   #6
ZUES

So that wasn't a "no". Which means it must be a "yes". Right? Or maybe it's a reverse phycology "no". Hmmm. Guess we'll have to wait and see. BigGrin
Old 11-07-2016, 01:34 AM   #7
kluxor

well hopefully if that is a yes, it doesnt mean that 20/24 class cloaks are gonna be hardly worth wearing. Illy cloak is super OP, fury's was until nerfed but still solid, defiler's was decent, maybe assassin and ranger...but which others really stood out and said "omg i want to grind zones until i get mine!!!"?
Old 11-07-2016, 02:03 AM   #8
duckster

Still a handful of cloaks that will be pretty viable going into new content assuming they can get the resolve elsewhere. The ones you mentioned basically and perhaps 1 or 2 others being situational?

I do hope they make unique effects and not just combine the current cloaks with the hammer effect. That said there must be some initiative in allowing procs to crit again so ill assume there will be some OP procs in the epic 2.0 for each class.
duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:50 AM   #9
alpherious_Maj'dul

i'm pretty on board with the idea of a new cloak, but buffing the old cloaks seems like a bad idea to me, there are already a LIST of things that make vet players substantially more op than returning players the biggest being the eth war runes, adding onto an already nearly impossible cloak to obtain by standard means would just further that list. Now, if they made the previous class cloaks easier to obtain by means of either questing or just substantially raising the drop rate from however stupid low it is to something (not even common, sub 10% even) that's easier to farm without growing a neck beard and gray hairs. then an upgrade seems like a slightly more appealing idea, but overall i'm still more in favor of a new cloak.

edit: list may have been a strong word, being a returning player i'm super salty about not even having the chance to get my eth war runes lol, but still besides the point that it does give full time ToT players a severe advantage over those who returned because of the promise of a new epic weapon timeline.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:08 PM   #10
Entropy

Humble request: if they're going to be upgraded for KA, can you please do a broad balance pass of the effects? Some of the cloaks are Jesus-like amazing (defiler, fury, illy), some of them are ok (conj), some of them are meh (most of the rest), and some of them are absolutely terrible.

If we need a relatively rare raid drop from TOT plus a quest to upgrade it (or just a rare drop from KA raids to replace it), that's a pretty steep curve and it'd be nice if everyone was happy with their cloak's effect, rather than just putting it on because there really isn't much else available.

As an easy solution to balancing some of the cloaks, if they have an "improve Ability X" effect on it, in most cases they add a static amount of potency. I believe Beastlord cloak was 200POT when I tested it. That may have been somewhat cool 4 xpacs ago, but against 15-20k sheet POT, it's basically no change. Recommend a % boost to the base ability damage.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:54 PM   #11
Kander

Developer

We've decided that we won't be upgrading these with KA. We'll probably save them for GU 103.
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:55 PM   #12
quisling

Darn..i had high hopes...and stuff.
quisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:58 PM   #13
Wurm

Please add a questline to get new cloaks, instead of upgrading the ones for the very plat rich or who have very lucky.dice.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:23 PM   #14
Xerikton

I agree with wurm on this one.

but after gearing up in ka tot heroics should be moloable as now they almost are.