EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #1
Elowith

Will the alt bauble make it impossible for alts to complete the new signature line? Besides the handy skipping man old Kunark quests, I know that it will give them immediate access to ascension masters (and I presume daily scrolls), which sounds like quite a time-saving bonus. I'd hate to grab this for my alts, then discover that they were somehow blocked from completing the full signature quest line and earning all the accompanying goodies.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
ZUES

1. Complete the sig line, 30 quests and the Frilik Tide on one character (the Triumph).
2. Use that character to purchase the book bauble and put it in shared bank.
3. Examine the bauble on an alt. They now have bypassed the requirements for Greenmist, DiZokian, Draconic, Satharian and Froak. You can now do the signature questline and access the Ascension Masters.
4. In order to complete the triumph and earn the best in slot ethereal offhand weapon you still need to do ALL the quests on the alt.

Note: the Devs have said that you will still have the option to do the quests even after accepting and using the bauble.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
Mermut

Uhm... which quest(s) need Froak?
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #4
ZUES

I don't remember. Go look it up.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:55 PM   #5
Mermut

I did the sig line and I don't remember talking to any frogs, that's why I asked Tongue
And where would you suggest I look it up? (serious, not snarky)
Old 11-05-2016, 06:03 PM   #6
ZUES

Google would be a good place to start. (serious, not snarky)
Old 11-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #7
Shmogre

I was also wondering why Kander specified that Froak was going to be granted with the KA alt-bauble, as there was no requirement for Froak along the way. (The only thing I saw Froak needed for was for some epic 1.0 timelines.)
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:09 PM   #8
Mermut

*laugh* The only hit this provides that is even close to relevant.. is, literally, THIS thread.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #9
Shmogre

For what it's worth, the only place I've seen Froak mentioned for KA is in Kander's bauble announcement, so maybe that's where the confusion is coming from. Zues, if you've run into it elsewhere, can you link it?
Old 11-05-2016, 06:12 PM   #10
ZUES

So... at the risk of being wrong I wont tell you about the missing NPC on the beach in Nek Forest. She probably has nothing what so ever to do with this mysterious raid zone and froak.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #11
Shmogre

Ah, interesting. So not needed for timeline, but possibly for a mystery raid zone. Tricksy devs.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:21 PM   #12
ZUES

I have no idea. Guess you'll have to google after all. Oops, how did this picture get here? Spooky!

[IMG]
Old 11-05-2016, 06:21 PM   #13
Xianthia

It's the only place I've seen it mentioned as well. Related - where can you buy the bauble?
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #14
ZUES

I never said that. But if you investigate EQ1 lore you may find an unusual connection to one or two of the T4 raid mobs. Froggies play a small role and were part of the questline. It probably won't become evident until we reach Ascension level 5. Just a guess. I'm not going to speculate beyond dropping bread crumbs. I wantz some WW1stistes. So that's all ya get. Tongue

They will not be available in beta.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:19 PM   #15
Shmogre

Heh, grab those firstseses!

(The point I was making was that Froak was not needed for the Signature timeline, since that was where some of the confusion people were having was.)