EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #31
Tohopka

You also have to remember this. If you say tweak to make harder in beta and they do and it goes live. It only takes a select to scream nerf make it easier and goes back. Then everyone starts complaining. It's a no win situation.

There are just to many factors involved on it. I don't have any ethereal. But in beta I'm stronger there then live. I just learned how to deal my average stuff.
Tohopka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:35 PM   #32
silentstalker65

So many think these zones need to be harder. What gear are you wearing? Alot of my guildies on live didn't run ethereals this past summer. Just think about it these zones might be easy for you, but what about the ones who don't have the gear you have.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:46 PM   #33
CSP84

Just read what some casual player wrote. They are in Solo available gear, your stats will be way higher than on live now.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:03 PM   #34
Drusi_EQ2

That "casual" player had over 7000 potency and over 2 million health (per signature) and is only *almost* purely solo and has run some heroic zones. Regardless of how this person got the equipment and whether or not it is possible after a lot of work, they are *not* the normal stats that a player is going to have coming into the game as a boosted level 100 just finishing up the pre-requisites and starting the expansion. Those are the characters who need to be able to get through the solo zones, not the mostly solo players who have been working on their characters for a long time. Of course, the solo zones aren't going to be challenging for those players. Don't mistake "solo" for "casual" as the two aren't always equivalent.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:29 PM   #35
Xerikton

for anyone with over 7k pot these zones are easy. but how many players have that now? however once players are getting the new expansion gear they will very easily. this is why some balancing needs to be done.

no matter what the solution is with the gear changes someone isn't going to be satisfied. this is how these games are. raiders will always be over geared and such should not be considered. players who just reached 100 and want the best gear right away shouldn't be either. there must be a happy median. what that range will be is a matter of debate. so lets hear something about that range. is 7k average? I don't know. but now it is too easy for my 8k pot non ethereal conj.

resolve is by no means a solution. as most if not all of the non armor pieces though they have a high resolve are junk for pot, cb and some other stats that I have seen thus far. I have yet to replace any jewelry.

perhaps a flat percentage potency debuff by nameds is a solution. the lower the less it is affected. just a idea.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:06 PM   #36
Curmudgeon

I think the point of resolve is at some point you're gonna have to choose between getting your resolve number up and keeping the really nice stats on some of the more recent gear. As an example, every piece I got out of the Zek AS is lovely to use in ToT but I knew up front it was gonna be muted or salvaged early on when I hit the xpac, since the resolve numbers were so low. Same thing with the pieces out of the Nayad AS. My ToT sig reward ring will last longer then most, but with a resolve of only 5 it too is destined to get bagged at some point.

As far as ethereal war runes go, I really hope the groups being used to balance the heroic content aren't using them since none of the characters that are up and coming will have access to them. Balance should assume that some new player is gonna make a toon, run it to 100 and do the ToT sig for basic gear before heading out to KA. They should be able to complete the Solo zones with what they get from the KA sig. They may have to farm the solo zones to get the gear to do Advanced Solo.

There needs to be a clear progression from easy solo content to hard group content without any huge gaps in between.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:18 PM   #37
Conifur

I did this with my Pally who does not have 7k pot just to check. They are not hard but I did have to pay attention to the scripts more - before I was killing them too fast.

I replace everything I have with the new gear for the additional resolve. People paying 40k for stuff in SLR on live will be a bit mifted when they replace it day 2. My potency actually increased with the newer gear, it is spread out more instead of 800 on one and 27 on another.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:59 PM   #38
Winddragon

Honestly, I can bring in a char with 3k potency and most of these zones are easy. Its not just people who have high potency. They probably should be atleast a bit harder.

Although, some of these zones are pretty hard to do with 3k, but I would say zones like Baron's Workshop, Xalgozian Stronghold and Ruins of Cabilis should definitely be harder, especially since they have very little strategy on the nameds.

I wouldn't want these instances to become too much harder though, but I would like some challenge solo versions to be added for those with full solo gear/group gear to run.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:35 AM   #39
Chrol

Developer

Advanced Solo NPCs will have increased stats after the next beta update.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:05 AM   #40
Cragfire

Out of all the solo and advance solo zones I've done (most of them since it is what I'm focusing on) I've only had issue with a single named. That being the second named in Kaesora: Tomb of the Venerated. The fight is a little "Tight"; meaning the adds pop just a pinch faster then the first named in the zone (same type of fight). Note this is the fight where you have to get the adds down in order to damage the named before he walks into a portal insta-killing you. I did manage to beat the fight but it was more due to luck of procs then using class abilities.

Defensive Paladin with 149 Resolve, 4.9k Potency, 116 Strikethrough, 115 Accuracy, 108 Flurry

I know, not built for damage. I'm okay with that. I'm also not saying this encounter is impossible; I'm just saying it feels a little "tight" is all. Overall, doable. Just giving my little feedback on this one encounter.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #41
Wurm

The change in the first AS I went into after the buff is very noticeable, the gooblin's "squishy gear" detrimental might need looking at, I'm not sure a lot of people are going to be able to survive it.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #42
Inqdor

Looks like the change might be a little much for people just starting out in the new expansion. Have to remember, once live hits, we're not going to be starting out with beta buffs and very easy to obtain new crafted gear. Not everyone has eth/raid gear.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #43
ZUES

They are hitting hard and have a little more health. Did you guys add a resolve or accuracy requirement because I seem to be missing more than normal? These solos have to last us an entire expansion, so I think it presents a good challenge for current heroic and raid geared players.

Here's the problem...

Getting started in KA without having previous high end gear may prove to be too much of a challenge for many new and returning players. There's just not enough potency and crit bonus at entry level KA gear to make these zones soloable by new players that were not previously geared.

Recommended itemization fix: Scale back on the damage in advanced solos for about a month. Then turn them up a notch. The other thing I would suggest is make all KA jewelry have a minimum of 500 potency. Currently there is a LOT of it that only has about 100 potency. That's simply too low for what we're killing. The player needs to be upwards of 12k potency (give or take). So unless the jewelry gets a major increase in potency (and potentially crit bonus) I feel that itemization may leave too many players thinking the content is too hard and leaving as a result. The other thing is we're not seeing fervor on anything; with exception of a couple player made jewelry items. Those items will take a back seat to passive potency and potency procs (charms).
Old 10-29-2016, 11:00 PM   #44
Wurm

I think they tuned them up a bit too much personally. They were too easy for well geared toons for sure, but they now need a middle of the road nerf for everyone to be able to do them when this hits live.

*edit* And I've been turning off the beta buff as soon as I go in. I want to see how they are going to be when I get to them in the gear I have now including the upgrades I've made since Beta started.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:26 AM   #45
Winddragon

In my opinion they made the advanced solos TOO hard, but if they do decide to keep them this way they need to put much better gear in them. When the advanced solos tend to drop the same tier of gear as normal solo zones and have such a higher difficulty it makes them not worth running except for daily and weekly quests, and even then alot of people would skip them and just do the solo ones. If they had gear equal to or almost as good as heroic tier 1 gear, they'd be more worth running with this difficulty.

Honestly, they probably should drop gear better than basic solo stuff anyways. Doesn't make sense having harder instances that drop practically the same stuff as the easier ones.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:25 PM   #46
Cragfire

On the subject of loot - there seems to be a TON of 2 handed weapons, staffs, spears in solo and advance solo instances. I know some people use them, and that's awesome; but wow enough. After a day of running instances, I have a sack full ready to be transmuted.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:29 PM   #47
Wurm

Not just inside, overland named drops a ton of them as well. We need more shields!
Old 10-31-2016, 03:07 AM   #48
Kelvani

My 2 cents.. a dirge and a brigand SHOULD be able to kill named in these zones. The day before I rolled right over the mobs by myself. Then came the patch buffing the instances. My hubby and I could not for the life of us kill the cube in the Torsis instance. It was almost insta kill for us. I shudder to think what will happen when we are just in "normal" gear trying to do a solo instance without being beta buffed. Yes, these zones were /faceroll easy before. However, as they stand now I am just frustrated by them. I don't like to whine about it, but the solo zones should be casual player friendly.. shouldn't they?
Old 10-31-2016, 04:53 AM   #49
Ellimist

Is resolve now playing a part in the difficulty of the advanced solos? It wasn't supposed to but appears now it does.

The zones feel like they have been turned up to 11. They are much harder and the gooblins can't even be rooted more than once so when you are squishy this becomes a very big problem.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:00 AM   #50
Khama

Unless we have been looting heroic/raid equipments and have a fully geared up Merc. We can't get pass the Sel'Nok we'll need to kill, which is the first thing to do in the new map as an adventurer. I hope it is beta only otherwise it is such a let down for new players and returned players.