EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2016, 01:51 PM   #1
CoLD MeTaL

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
CSP84

Since the Dungeons are in 4 different Zones it doesn't feel small like in Tot. Plus the Artwork there are some really nice places to visit.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:44 PM   #3
CoLD MeTaL

What are people going to want to see those heroic zones? 250 Million dps? A lot of the player base may never even see the heroic/raid content.

Seems like they wasted a ton of effort on the boat / brig thingy. And we got G100 for 'free' with a sub, and it seems bigger. idk.
CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:58 PM   #4
Errrorr

Anybody who hasn't seen a heroic zone has done that by their own choice. There is no reason people can't do those zones.

And just because only one overland zone now, doesn't mean there might not be more added in future like in gu100.
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #5
Conifur

I seem to think they make you travel to all the other zones just to make it seem bigger then it is and waste time. Though I agree with you on the artwork, some of those zones are pretty awesome. Odulus Frontier is really nice from the air as well, then you get into it and it is all grey Frown
Old 10-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #6
CSP84

It has nothing to do with making it looking bigger, the Ruins of Cabilis have always been in Fens as much as the city of mist in the north of KJ .Plus you get the old feeling of RoK back.
I am with Errrorr everyone should visit the Dungeons they are beautiful designed with different themes.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #7
Conifur

..and how many expansions has so many of the dungeons been outside the expansion? I would say over 75% of the expansion dungeons are in "old" lands. I agree with you, the dungeons are awesome to see and have some cool concepts. But I don't believe the travel requirements is by accident.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:41 PM   #8
NrthnStar5

Having 1 Overland zone is not unprecedented. The first expansion to have only 1 was the Shadow Odyssey. Then Tears of Veeshan, & Terrors of Thalumbra followed suit with 1 overland zone. Additionally, we haven't had an expansion with more than 2 overland zones since Rise of Kunark.

At this stage in the game's life, this is what we can expect. And yes, I am certain they built onto Kunark for this expansion so they could utilize the already massive landmass there. It's quite ingenious really. Hopefully though, the quest content is engaging and loner lasting than ToT. Even though The Shadow Odyssey only had 1 overland zone, The Moors had a very large amount of quest content and explorability.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:17 PM   #9
Lucus

incorrect, chains of eternity added two overland zones, eidolon jungle and obol plains, then ToV had 1 then we got Altar of Malice with Tranquil Sea and Phantom Sea.
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:58 PM   #10
Easiette

If the level cap would have been increased they might have needed more then one
Old 10-26-2016, 07:07 PM   #11
Conifur

The level cap was increased, they are just calling it Ascensions. I don't mind the fact they are tying in other zones, it would have been great if those zones were more then just place holders for dungeons though. They are utilizing the mass of Kunark as a travel time sink, not as additional content.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:47 PM   #12
Kurzan

Yeah, otherwise known as The Feerrott and Loping Plains.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:35 PM   #13
Ramone_AB

I was really hoping for more than one zone, but we are back to the zone hopping to hit the instances and usually that means I don't hit them all during the expansion.

Really the only complaint I have. Just haven't figured out how to start the ascension stuff yet :/
Ramone_AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:28 PM   #14
Conifur

Talk to the beta buffer Finch (think that is his name) - he provides the item to start your Ascension class - you pick one of four and use the item.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:43 AM   #15
NrthnStar5

I'm confused... I said that we haven't had an expansion with MORE than 2 overland zones since Kunark. How is that incorrect? Since Kunark, all expansions have had 1 or 2 overland zones. And the expansions I called out were all those with 1 overland.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:19 PM   #16
Winddragon

I'm pretty sure the plane is Vaedenmoor, which is mostly just a raid zone.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:25 PM   #17
Conifur

At the end when you turn in the final for the Sig Line the Queen mentions Planar Power - I am thinking PoP will be the next expansion Smile
Old 10-27-2016, 07:49 PM   #18
CSP84

I was under the impression that it was more along the line " i need to ascend into something more powerful to face them again" which indicated you need to be Ascension Class Level 10 to have a chance in the Raidzone.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:22 PM   #19
Lucus

sorry reading comprehension failed me lol.
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:33 PM   #20
CSP84

AoM where two zones but like 50% Water in each zone ? Who says the Devs haven't planned anything further down the line. Caitheel mentioned a new "Plane" that has to be discovered, maybe besides High End dungeons there is some overland too.

Around Beta start Kander said on Discord Chat back in the RoK Era they had like 6 Quest devs, today's team has 1.
So every dev has to create quests besides their tasks. So they decided to put everything into Epic and the Signature Questline for the beginning of the expansion, again maybe later they are be able to introduce more Quests.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:52 PM   #21
Conifur

When you look at this expansion you have a bunch of children defying their fathers. I am thinking it is a setup for the next expansion.