EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Ashlanne

Community Relations

In addition to the items made by Norrath's amazing and friendly crafters (available through trades and the in-game broker) the EQII in-game Marketplace is an integrated store where you can purchase an assortment of services, items, and features with Station Cash, to enhance your gameplay experience. Appearance armor, mounts, prestige homes, and server transfer tokens are just some of the items available.

New items are added to the Marketplace weekly. Here's a look at the latest additions:

Luxurious Fur Cloak

In the frigid air of New Halas, or wherever your adventures take you, staying warm can be almost as important as defending yourself from enemies! With the Luxurious Fur Cloak you can do so in a stylish and effective manner, and it’s oh so soft and comfortable as well!

Blue Marble Housing Set

There are a multitude of amazing items for your houses in game, but some of the most creative and astounding looks are obtained through creative use of building tiles. Now available for your building pleasure: Blue Marble blocks!

Piranha Plushie

Oh look… he’s so cute. All those cute little teeth! And he’s so friendly as well. Oh my god, he’s got my finger! Get him off! Get him off! He just. Won’t. Stop. He can’t be reasoned with, or pleaded with…

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Moldylocks

Loremaster

**Trolling**

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
789mkii

Loremaster

SC thing aside,I think it's fun if there is The fish item which moves the narrow range.There are many people who want to put it into a tank and to look at it.For exsample, A linear gone-back-and-forth type, Circumference movement type, and so on.

789mkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
Alisu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Restoration

Loremaster

Nice items.  I would really like to see some new armor sets though.  Like Earthruned armor, Stormcatcher armor, spread across the different teir types.  Plate, cloth, chain.  Maybe even finish off the Soulscorned armor in some plate and swords.  Just a thought.

Alisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:13 AM   #5
Rijacki

Tester

Moldylocks wrote:

Ashlanne wrote:

Blue Marble Housing Set

There are a multitude of amazing items for your houses in game, but some of the most creative and astounding looks are obtained through creative use of building tiles Station Cash. Now available for your building pleasure: Blue Marble blocks!

Fixed it for you.

Aside from it being incredibly rude to change someone else's words, you do realise that from 1-7 March those exact same blue marble building blocks were on sale at the Neriak City Fest for the cost of 0SC, just 2 City Tokens each. Having them available once every 6 months for an ingame currency and then the rest of the time for SC as a convenience to players is reasonable and isn't saying that the creative looks are only available via SC.

Your complaint, in this case, is completely misplaced.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:26 AM   #6
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

Ashlanne wrote:

Fist of the Soulscorned

In the frigid air of New Halas, or wherever your adventures take you, staying warm can be almost as important as defending yourself from enemies! With the Luxurious Fur Cloak you can do so in a stylish and effective manner, and it’s oh so soft and comfortable as well!

So the Fist of the Soulscorned now converts to a cloak? SMILEY

Love the writeup on the fish.  And seconding the idea they be given a small range of motion, just a little circular area they're tied to with an invisible leash!  Something like the way the airship model goes around and around, but probably not as fast.  Pleaseplease?

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #7
Elomort

Loremaster

Hehe Funny writeup Ashlanne, ty!

Ashlanne wrote:

Blue Marble Housing Set

There are a multitude of amazing items for your houses in game, but some of the most creative and astounding looks are obtained through creative use of building tiles. Now available for your building pleasure: Blue Marble blocks!

I will point out that that picture is very accurate. The objects are extremely small at maximum size, only 3x as opposed to the 6x of other items. Please consider this well before you plan wasting even a single SC on them.

You are far better to join most decorators in boycotting all these SC objects for the City Fesitival or *eventually* carpenter made ones.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

Elomort wrote:

Ashlanne wrote:

Blue Marble Housing Set

I will point out that that picture is very accurate. The objects are extremely small at maximum size, only 3x as opposed to the 6x of other items. Please consider this well before you plan wasting even a single SC on them.

You are far better to join most decorators in boycotting all these SC objects for the City Fesitival or *eventually* carpenter made ones.

The carpenter made ones are currently on test server.. they get MUCH larger. We can only hope that when they get put out, the other blocks we have gotten from city fest will follow suit.

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #9
Nylana

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Nice items.  I would really like to see some new armor sets though.  Like Earthruned armor, Stormcatcher armor, spread across the different teir types.  Plate, cloth, chain.  Maybe even finish off the Soulscorned armor in some plate and swords.  Just a thought.

I have to echo this. I really would like to see more cosmetic armors available soon, as I have several characters I'd like to dress up in something new.

Nylana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
Moldylocks

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:

Moldylocks wrote:

Ashlanne wrote:

Blue Marble Housing Set

There are a multitude of amazing items for your houses in game, but some of the most creative and astounding looks are obtained through creative use of building tiles Station Cash. Now available for your building pleasure: Blue Marble blocks!

Fixed it for you.

Aside from it being incredibly rude to change someone else's words, you do realise that from 1-7 March those exact same blue marble building blocks were on sale at the Neriak City Fest for the cost of 0SC, just 2 City Tokens each. Having them available once every 6 months for an ingame currency and then the rest of the time for SC as a convenience to players is reasonable and isn't saying that the creative looks are only available via SC.

Your complaint, in this case, is completely misplaced.

My comment applies to "some of the most creative and astounding looks", not simply blocks.  So, if you take a look at the cosmetic pieces and furniture in the Marketplace, you can plainly see that when you measure what is there in "looks" compared to available recipes for crafting, the best items are available for SC. 

Maybe you disagree that people who pay their monthly sub should expect content rather than continual SC item development?

Your criticism, in this case, is completely misplaced.

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
Ashlanne

Community Relations

Sorry about that guys...  That is what I get for not triple checking things.  I checked it before I pushed the feature to the website but not before I pushed it live to the forums.

Thanks for letting us know about the error.

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

The carpenter made ones are currently on test server.. they get MUCH larger. We can only hope that when they get put out, the other blocks we have gotten from city fest will follow suit.

They do, the neriak blocks are scaling properly now on test as are the amazing crafted building blocks from several sets (fancy fulginate set is pretty nice isn't it?).

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

I thought the phrase for March was "More to Play. Your Way" and not "More to Pay. Your Way". 

Must have been a typo

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
Omougi

Developer

Elomort wrote:

Ashlanne wrote:

Blue Marble Housing Set

All building blocks now follow the same new (larger) scaling rules.  Blocks obtained from tradeskilling, SC, and city festivals all have the same limits.  If some blocks are not scaling up right, please PM me and I'll take a look.  SMILEY

Old 03-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #15
Kryvak
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Undercon

Loremaster

Omougi wrote:

Elomort wrote:

Ashlanne wrote:

Blue Marble Housing Set

All building blocks now follow the same new (larger) scaling rules.  Blocks obtained from tradeskilling, SC, and city festivals all have the same limits.  If some blocks are not scaling up right, please PM me and I'll take a look.  

I don't think this was pushed to live yet.

Usual Suspects

Everfrost
Kryvak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
Mystfit

Loremaster

I know it's a touchy issue, but any chance of letting the building blocks go into ghs?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #17
Necrotherian
Server: Najena
Guild: Forgotten Abyss

Loremaster

Mystfit wrote:

I know it's a touchy issue, but any chance of letting the building blocks go into ghs?

Or, if no for the SC and City Fest versions, at least the carpenter version of each?

Necrotherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #18
Dassault

Loremaster

" Appearance armor, mounts, prestige homes, and server transfer tokens are just some of the items available."

Uhm,  are the server transfer tokens actually there, because I don't see them in the list of Services in the marketplace.  I see all the other stuff, but haven't seen the transfer tokens for a long time now.

Are they supposed to be showing?  If not, when are we going to get these back?

Old 03-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #19
Te'ana

Tester

I an see the transfer tokens on Freeport and Splitpaw, but not on Guk. Wierd.

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #20
Necrotherian
Server: Najena
Guild: Forgotten Abyss

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

" Appearance armor, mounts, prestige homes, and server transfer tokens are just some of the items available."

Uhm,  are the server transfer tokens actually there, because I don't see them in the list of Services in the marketplace.  I see all the other stuff, but haven't seen the transfer tokens for a long time now.

Are they supposed to be showing?  If not, when are we going to get these back?

According to Customer Service, there is a known problem with All Access accounts that, although it doesn't affect the accumulation of Veteran Rewards, prevents the accumulation, within the system, of 30 days for gifting and 60 days for server transfer tokens.  This problem started when they switched to all F2P.

However, if you don't have an All Access account, I don't know what the problem might be.

Necrotherian is offline   Reply With Quote