EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #31
urgthock

Loremaster

DominoDev wrote:

The fact we're putting some items on sale does not preclude the possibility of anything else happening also.

That would be a nice frostfell gift. Here's hoping!

urgthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #32
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

DominoDev wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm sorry, but while this:

"This could be a new item, a sale or a new feature, you'll need to login daily to find out what's happening in your game!"

does mentions sales...  it was not quite how I translated the entire "12 days" would go.

The fact we're putting some items on sale does not preclude the possibility of anything else happening also.  We already have a TON of shiny new stuff out there from the expansion right now too (including an entire free revamp of Freeport) so I do hope there's plenty to keep folks entertained this Frostfell season whether or not they are interested by sales.

But Domino...not all of us have access to the new Freeport because we hate that city, we hate its leader, and we hate the evil people!

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #33
Dumervolt

Loremaster

Mom - son, Happy Frostfell! Here's your GIFT...

Son - thanks MOM! Frostfell is my favorite time of year! Thank you thank you thank you. 

Mom - ok son, that will be 800 station cash please. 

Son - WHAT?? I have to pay for my gifts this year?

Mom - Yes! SOE laid Santa Glug off and they have to turn profits too!

Son - So being good all year long makes me pay in the end... While all be darned, kiss me funny and call me a troll!

Mom - with an attitude like that you can pay full price then!

Happy Frostfell everyone - take your money and donate to charity and those truly in need before you buy station cash. That way you prove a point and help those that really need it.

Dumervolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #34
megaira13

Loremaster

DominoDev wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm sorry, but while this:

"This could be a new item, a sale or a new feature, you'll need to login daily to find out what's happening in your game!"

does mentions sales...  it was not quite how I translated the entire "12 days" would go.

The fact we're putting some items on sale does not preclude the possibility of anything else happening also.  We already have a TON of shiny new stuff out there from the expansion right now too (including an entire free revamp of Freeport) so I do hope there's plenty to keep folks entertained this Frostfell season whether or not they are interested by sales.

Thanks Domino, I appreciate your response.    I do feel though that some of the wording in these things might need a little fine tuning.  This is the second situation I've seen in a couple weeks with SOE where on one side it seems obvious that the wording does not indicate x or y, and to the player side the interpretation is quite different.    

One side has the context of knowing how the system is set up, and how it is meant to work, and what is intended.  The other side has the hope/expectation of goodies.    

A possible way to reword that update might have been:

" . . . when you log in to the participating games below, you will find special offers and deals.

Each day will have a different deal: it may be an existing item on sale, a new item, or a new feature.  Log in to find out what's happening in your game!"

Not that it helps, after the fact, but ah, if only I were psychic, it'd all be so obvious! SMILEY

Old 12-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #35
Duhikae
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Holy Might

Loremaster

Poor Reimani.

Thought she was dumping points in to 'Psychic', but actually dumped them in to 'Psychotic'

Easy mistake to make.

Duhikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #36
Kynre

Loremaster

Would be nice if we were able to "gift" these items to those loved ones that do not have oodles of SC.  Too bad after 7 years paying and playing I still have to wait a month to be able to gift...

Alisza: Arasai Inquisitor/Jeweler
Lieloo: Half Elf Monk/Tailor
Ellifae: Fae Ranger/Woodworker
Meybe: Arasai Warden/Provisioner
Ilbryth: High Elf Illusionist/Sage
Phyraun: Dark Elf Wizard/Carpenter
Kaennja High Elf Necomancer
Synifa Dark Elf BeastLord

UNREST [Eternal Shadows]
Kynre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #37
Aklira

Lord

Yes I know.. funny thing is I thought I'd already been subscribed a month yet I have to wait another month to gift?

I hd wanted to be able to a gift a friend silver status since I convinced her to try EQ2 and she's having a blast but starting to encounter the restrictions and at the moment can't afford even the $5 for the silver upgrade.

Aklira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #38
LadyMist

Loremaster

Ah the good ole days when there was 12 days of frostfell and no sc store yet.... If we could only travel in time..oh yeah glug was there then too on top of the 12 days! Bur wait theres more< new expansions came out in november then too! So lots of new stuff happened all along.

I guess thereis a excuse for everything, just like they dont have an excuse why they cant give us parental controls for station store, but who needs them right? I mean when you have 6250 station cash and walk away to tend the stove, in comes your sneaky kids and wow I just bought 4 character slots at 1000 a pop and soe is like LOL /point /laugh

Old 12-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #39
ratbast

Loremaster

I also had different expectations after reading about this program. When its a tv commercial I just chalk it up to intentional misleading to grab attention. at the end of the day, it drastically increases cynicism. if SOE wants to build different type of relationship with its customers, honesty & clarity in communication is a great way to build trust. I was pleasantly surprised to hear returning players would be grandfathered in and not require race/class paks to play their old toons. i think that is generous and made me feel like cutting SOE a break on other things. for the record, i have no intention of going f2p myself, and this decision likely wont ever directly impact me. i felt this program announcement was misleading. i dont mind SC ads as press releases, but be upfront about whats going on.
ratbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #40
Gorjuss
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Keepers of the Light

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

Would be nice if we were able to "gift" these items to those loved ones that do not have oodles of SC.  Too bad after 7 years paying and playing I still have to wait a month to be able to gift...

Now see, I wondered how all those people selling sc items for plat disappeared that explains a lot. A plat farmer isn't going to pay for 2 months so they can farm plat

Gorjuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #41
Dale
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: The Coalition of the Phoenix

Loremaster

I appreciate all the new stuff.

I'm in the same boat of wishing it was more than SC items for 12 days though.  Overall, there's a lot going on, but most of us vets bust through the holiday stuff pretty quickly and the new shard of love (that was pretty but nothign to do in there but gather) didn't take up any time at all.

I think most just wished for a little more creativity in the 12 days instead of just a sale. 

Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #42
Grycks

Loremaster

Wait...why are folks having to wait months to gift Station Cash items? Where was this announced? What are the details?

Old 12-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #43
Dale
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: The Coalition of the Phoenix

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Wait...why are folks having to wait months to gift Station Cash items? Where was this announced? What are the details?

Gifting was cancelled and then they apparently brought it back, but I (who've had account since launch and subscribed the last 6 months without stopping) still cannot gift.  I assume it's broken.

Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #44
megaira13

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Poor Reimani.

Thought she was dumping points in to 'Psychic', but actually dumped them in to 'Psychotic'

Easy mistake to make.

I should have known "psychic" wouldn't be a half elf or brigand option.  SMILEY

Old 12-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #45
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Now that the event and the holidays (pretty much) are over, I just wanted to put my own feedback here.

First off, I wanted to say that the idea behind the 12 days of Frostfell is excellent.

But . . .

As you probably may have read, I think many players are disappointed in how you went about it.

Getting sales on things is great and all, triple SC days are good too, but you have to remember pidgeoning the entire event based on that (when you have a percentage of "whales" [people who spend uber amounts of money for anything to pretty much offset those who don't]) is a bad idea.  Many don't buy SC, don't get the cards near them, don't have a CC to buy it, etc.

You would have done better (IMHO) to have kept the nearest weekend a triple SC cash time, but the other days mix in double exp, free gifts in the mail (ala NoTD) and more guide events (I know you can make NPC guides to do them).

Thank you for the event though, and here's to seeing the next one! 

Old 12-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #46
Metaphysix

Loremaster

Ridolain, if that was the case, they wouldn't have went Free To Play.

It's always best to remember that just because you don't (or can't), doesn't mean others don't (or can't).

Why people try to make their biased opinions sound like facts on the internet is beyond me.

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Many don't buy SC, don't get the cards near them, don't have a CC to buy it, etc.

Metaphysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #47
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Metaphysix wrote:

Ridolain, if that was the case, they wouldn't have went Free To Play.

It's always best to remember that just because you don't (or can't), doesn't mean others don't (or can't).

Why people try to make their biased opinions sound like facts on the internet is beyond me.

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Many don't buy SC, don't get the cards near them, don't have a CC to buy it, etc.

Ah thanks for putting words into my mouth I didn't say.

I did NOT say I COULD NOT BUY THEM.  I was making a statement some could not (as for a time the guildmates in my guild from Euroupe COULD NOT as I BOUGHT the cards and messaged them the codes.  THAT IS A FACT).  Quote my original post and show me where I SPECIFICALLY say that I could not buy them.

Getting very tired of people on these forums doing this to me yet have NO WAY of backing it up.  Get off your high horses, really. 

I can buy them easily enough.  So watch what you write, thanks.