EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-18-2008, 04:52 PM   #151
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

blackdog1 wrote:        
If I spend a half hour a day making arrows,I can make up to 10 plat a week.It's boring as all hell but very doable.Thats making the tier 7 arrows.They are going for 5-8 silver/arrow on my server.I could make the tier 8,but the tier 7 is going for more.
uh, it was my understanding that there was no WW recipe for Tier 8 arrows which is what one of the problems was here. has that changed?
Old 03-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #152
Gareorn

Loremaster

The recipe is T8. The product is T7.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #153
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Gareorn wrote:
OIC. So to be more effective I have to have my ranger's WW level higher then her adventure level?
Old 03-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #154
jarlaxle8

General

[email protected] wrote:
Gareorn wrote:
OIC. So to be more effective I have to have my ranger's WW level higher then her adventure level?
To be exact, you want to have your WW one tier higher then the bow you are using. SMILEY But after the change to arrow levels in GU44 (hopefully), you should be ok to have WW and Ranger level about the same.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #155
44Dragon

Loremaster

How you doing over there Aeralik?

Are we to expect multiple changes (arrow levels, CA adjustments, and utility) in early April, or is this going to stretch out over a longer period of time?

44Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #156
Dirty Jack Rackham

Loremaster

Aeralik posted over in the Combat Forum in response to a thread started by Ranja

Aeralik wrote:

Freliant wrote:

Just /testcopy your char to the test server and test out the changes there

QFE.  The changes are coming so its best to make sure you are copied over now.  Unfortunately parsers will probably be broken initially due to some log format changes but you will at least be able to see what changes and how it works together.  There are a lot of variables changing here so its best to get feedback in as soon as possible.

R.I.P. Belara of Lucan D'Lere, beloved avatar of D.J. Rackham

Born: Arpil 20, 2005

Died: April 03, 2010

Cause of Death: Years of mishandling and bungled half arsed attempts at "balancing" the Ranger class on the whims of various EQ 2 developers who don't have a clue what we're about and couldn't care less what the Ranger community as a whole has to say.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
Dirty Jack Rackham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #157
44Dragon

Loremaster

Thanks Jack.  That seems to be all we are going to get until the test updates go live.
44Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:57 PM   #158
Corwinus

Loremaster

Did you guys see that ?  its a preview of Game update 44 from Gnobrin

Game Update 44 preview!

The Shard of Hate has appeared, sending some of the inhabitants of Norrath into a blind fury! Fights are breaking out in some of the major cities due to the overspill of hate-energy, and you can choose to either help cleanse the hearts of those that are affected by assisting Priests of Love or you can choose to further deepen the hate by assisting the members of the group named "The Dead".

Ranged weapons users rejoice! You can now choose to display your equipped bow instead of your melee weapons! Much like being able to see helms and other head-worn items, that will be easily chosen within your "Persona" menu, in the "Options" sub-menu. This works on mannequins, too!

Not to be outdone by their Qeynosian counterparts, the Coalition of Tradesfolke in West Freeport is in the process of refurbishing their headquarters to provide more convenient facilities for crafters under the scrutinizing eye of Lord Lucan.

There are two new armored Wargs now available in Kunark, one bred for battle and one trained to better handle under pressure for those that choose to wield magic! You'll soon be able to get these riding beasts through your actions and adventures in that wild terrain!

Rangers, you've been heard! Upcoming in Game Update 44, ranged ammunition will be adjusted to have a minimum level that represents the start of that ammunition's tier! Ranged weapons will no longer scale down to a lower level unless the ammunition you've chosen to use is significantly lower than your presently equipped ranged weapon.

Come back next week, and I might just have some images to tempt you with, too!

Cor/Oasos/Cotw

Corwinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #159
Corwinus

Loremaster

Here is the link

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...ws&locale=en_US

Cor/Oasis/Cotw

Corwinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:59 PM   #160
Guard_Ra

General

Test update notes released.

COMBAT

• Ranged ammo has been adjusted to have a minimum level that represents the start of the tier. Ranged weapons will then no longer scale down to that level unless the ammo is significantly lower than the weapon.  For example, all ferrite ammo is now level 70 to use.  Level 80 ranged weapons will use level 80 for calculations now instead of scaling down to level 70.  Overall damage of current level 80 items will stay the same.
  • Normalized procs will now cap out at 5.33 second delay for calculations.
  • Combat text will now display if you double attack, flurry, ranged double attack, etc.
  • Melee hit rates should now be slightly better against orange con mobs.
Ranger-The hawk will no longer break stealth.-The Focus Aim line now has a group component which buffs the groups melee weapon skills and weapon accuracy.-Improved the damage on the offensive stance proc, melee based combat arts and faster reuse ranged attacks.http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=412209
Old 03-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #161
ChodeNode1

Loremaster

Wow, so would that make us a potential group 1 candidate for raids? We'll be all-stars in scout groups, thats for sure.
ChodeNode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #162
Runewind

Fansite Staff

I think it may be a bit too much too fast, personally. I have a feeling people will complain that we're now overpowered. Also has anyone checked to see how much the proc rate change has affected our DPS output?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #163
kartikeya

Loremaster

Runewind wrote:
I think it may be a bit too much too fast, personally. I have a feeling people will complain that we're now overpowered. Also has anyone checked to see how much the proc rate change has affected our DPS output?

From the initial reports I'm hearing, the 'fix' is actually a nerf to live damage. Aeralik just posted this in the Testing thread:

The whole idea from the start was to give rangers a proper mechanic for arrows and ranged weapons.  From a dps perspective rangers were doing well beforehand so to up the current damage for the level 80 items wasn't going to work.  Using those as a baseline, I kept their damage the same but now you have the arrow scaling problem fixed.  This in turn had some effect on lower level items but a level 74 bow like the RSB shouldnt be outdamaging the fabled epic anyways. I know its not exactly what you wanted from the fix but the gain you would have had would have put you far beyond any class.

I really, really hope this does not turn out to be the case.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #164
Nulad

General

It's a nerf as it stands...http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=412228All I can say is ouch and then move on to hope it gets adjusted before hitting live.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #165
Lodor

Loremaster

Yes it is an over-all damage nerf.

We are supposed to be on par with assassins more or less and yet we do 2-3k less than them on zonewides with all buffs being equal. And guess what class the dev plays?

Lodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #166
Sinful One

Loremaster

i lost 600 damage on RSB switching from live to test SMILEY and a further 100 lost when using my epic.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #167
Shaulin Dolamite

Loremaster

Just look at the /weapon numbers on the top post of this page : ( : (

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...28&#4602139

Shaulin Dolamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #168
Nulad

General

Yeh, those numbers are just bleh SMILEY
Old 03-22-2008, 07:04 AM   #169
Nevissa

Loremaster

So exactly what do we have to do to please the dev into actually caring about Rangers? Is there some special way> Do we have to sacrifice a gnome first?

Nevissa - 77 Assassin/58 Carpenter

Aluemi - 12 Coercer

~Silver Pheonix Officer~
Nevissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:29 AM   #170
NiteWolfe

Loremaster

Nevissa wrote:
So exactly what do we have to do to please the dev into actually caring about Rangers? Is there some special way> Do we have to sacrifice a gnome first?
 Theres nothing that you can do he actively plays a assassin in a raid guild on live server.
NiteWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #171
Dirty Jack Rackham

Loremaster

NiteWolfe wrote:
Nevissa wrote:
 Theres nothing that you can do he actively plays a assassin in a raid guild on live server.

And Aeralik has been outted for exploiting and turning a blind eye to others in his guild using known exploits.

EQ2Flames under DDoS attack

I don't agree with the methods used to obtain this information, but it is what it is.

R.I.P. Belara of Lucan D'Lere, beloved avatar of D.J. Rackham

Born: Arpil 20, 2005

Died: April 03, 2010

Cause of Death: Years of mishandling and bungled half arsed attempts at "balancing" the Ranger class on the whims of various EQ 2 developers who don't have a clue what we're about and couldn't care less what the Ranger community as a whole has to say.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
Dirty Jack Rackham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #172
Gareorn

Loremaster

So, my question is... If I have already started my Epic Quest, but not yet finished it. Will I be able to do the Assassin epic when I betray?
Old 03-22-2008, 02:55 PM   #173
voxranger

Hero

The changes to focus aim are awesome. This will most certianly put us in demand, once again, for raids.

The faster re-use timers are also great. It will be nice to work an instance without having to go through 2 or 3 mobs before the timers come up again.

The changes to the hawk are nice as well. I can definately see some great uses for it now that it doesnt break stealth.

Happy to see that the arrow mechanics problem was fixed as promised and is now simple and understandable.

However, despite all these great improvements, it looks like the base factor for our ability to inflict damage has been scaled back.

Wasnt the purpose of our calls for an arrow fix supposed to raise our damage up to where it was relative to other classes prior to T7/T8?

It appears the developers earlier comments about increasing the damage output of our CA's was related to the faster re-use timers.  So the question is, will the fix to the arrows combined with faster timers increase our damage so that it is back to where it was relative to other classes prior to T7/T8. In other words, even though we may be losing damage in one area, are we gaining more damage from the combined effects of the imporvements?

What is the net gain here?

If anyone on the test server has parsed these changes, please post them. If there is no net improvement to our dps in T8, then unfortunately, I'm probably going to exile and go assasin. I'm not concerned about losing damage in a specific area, all I'm interested in is, at the end of the day, has our over all damage increased to where it is supposed to be relative to other classes (i.e. do the changes support one of the fundimental reasons we chose to roll a ranger and play it).

voxranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #174
Magius789

Loremaster

Dirty Jack Rackham wrote:
NiteWolfe wrote:
Nevissa wrote:

And Aeralik has been outted for exploiting and turning a blind eye to others in his guild using known exploits.

I don't agree with the methods used to obtain this information, but it is what it is.

I just spent two hours reading all of that stuff and that is amazing!  I was starting to think our dev was a nice guy and then I find out our "fix" as it stands now is actually a nerf AND he used his position in the company to obtain a bug report and send that information to his guild leader and actually say he will "look the other way"  while his guild uses this exploit to get their epics but they better do it fast because the dev in charge of it is actually fixing it in a timely manner.  Man its like everytime I read these forums this game is just going down hill.  When is Warhammer coming out again?
Magius789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #175
Effidian

Loremaster

Dirty Jack Rackham wrote:

Oh, ffs...  So we have a dev that doesn't respect the game in charge of balancing our class.  Can someone at SOE tell us how we can *trust* Aeralik to be unbiased now, when he obviously has no issue cheating?  The report has been confirmed by the guild leader.  This is just bs...

Effidian is offline   Reply With Quote