EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #91
Lolianna

Loremaster

I got a Trueshot Bow a couple nites ago, woot! My hands were shaking I was so excited. My current RSB has 115 DR and Trueshot 125 DR and 3 haste!! Even tho my guild leaders know the state of the Ranger and about our broken arrow mechanics; they offered it to me first. Much <3.

I took my shiny new bow home to Willowwood and mended myself. Using DT ammo (yeah tenderwood is better, but harder to get ahold of nowadays) I quickly did a /weapon on each to see what the 'true' damage would be. Hoping for the best and expecting the worst. The RSB's actual dmg, with my stats and DT ammo, was 786 - 2759. The Trueshot's was 545-1796. I wasn't entirely shocked, but, it saddened me.

Placing my pretty new bow in my bags, where I can look at it and smile because I actually have a T8 fabled bow, I wasn't sure if I should cry or scream. It's been months and all we've had is some rude comment in Eq2flames from Aeralik about how 'these are the same broken mechanics rangers used last expansion when they were 'uber' and we didn't complain then'. What a bunch of BS.

It's broken. Devs have know about it for months. Then Aeralik tries to 'shush' us with a thinly veiled threat about 'lateral shifts'. I think rangers have experienced enough 'lateral shifts' last expansion. Heck, I think we won the award for the 'class that was nerfed the most consecutive times' during last expansion. So many, in fact, we are now1-2k behind Swashies and Wizards in dps.

Toss us a bone and at least give me an idea when I can take my pretty new bow out and it won't be 1k BELOW my RSB in 'actual damage'. Nope, nothing broken there. /Boggle.

Lolianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:57 AM   #92
fltengineer

Loremaster

Now that more ranger T8 masters are showing up I have been comparing the damage of those to the T8 Ad3's and to say the least I am far from impressed. Almost every M1 spell I've seen only has a 150-200 dps increase over the AD3 version.Now here's the kicker, go to our brother the assassin and look at the differences between there AD3 spell damage and M1 spell damage. Most of their M1's have easily over 1k in extra damage. Dont even get me started on their Ear Shot spell.....a secondary ranged spell that has more damage than over half of our ranged spells, considering their melee dps'ers just seems a bit odd there.This trend seems to carry over for most of the dps classes, not had a chance to check them all tho.Why are we getting the shaft with not only broken arrow mech's but also our M1 spells are a joke of an upgrade over the AD3 versions.
fltengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #93
Effidian

Loremaster

Hexus,

One other thing that should probably be listed in the first post is the lack of adornments for the primary and secondary slot that are beneficial to Rangers.  Melee DPS classes get a very nice adornment to put on their ranged item for +DPS, but Rangers get no beneficial adornments for the primary and secondary slots.

Effidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:24 AM   #94
Hexus

Loremaster

I originally posted this December 5th 2007.  It is now one of the biggest posts on the ranger Forums, and probably accounted for more hits than any of the other topics on this board.  It is now February 14th and None of this has changed, and one can only assume that it is not planning on being changed due to Aeralik's response to this thread.

It has been over 2 months, nothing has changed, no announcements of anything changing, no information from any developers or game designers of any kind.

Can I assume that the ranger class at present represents your current vision and just cancel my account that I've had for over 10 years now, or can I get some kind of response as to what the plan of action is now since you've had over 2 months to plan?

Patiently (Obviously) Waiting,

-Hexus Lupis-

Hexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #95
voxranger

Hero

Hexus wrote:

I originally posted this December 5th 2007.  It is now one of the biggest posts on the ranger Forums, and probably accounted for more hits than any of the other topics on this board.  It is now February 14th and None of this has changed, and one can only assume that it is not planning on being changed due to Aeralik's response to this thread.

It has been over 2 months, nothing has changed, no announcements of anything changing, no information from any developers or game designers of any kind.

Can I assume that the ranger class at present represents your current vision and just cancel my account that I've had for over 10 years now, or can I get some kind of response as to what the plan of action is now since you've had over 2 months to plan?

Patiently (Obviously) Waiting,

-Hexus Lupis-

I think its safe to say the developer's are clearly aware of the ranger problems, but believe the fixes to the ranger class to be broad and complex. However, despite all this, SOE still views the ranger as a powerful, competent class, so there is no sense of urgency in addressing ranger issues.

Many of us are not having fun playing our characters this way. Some are betraying to assasin, some are cancelling, and some like myself, are basically shelving thier ranger and playing an alt until the rangers issues are addressed (I'm still playing him some, but its mostly to help guildies, harverst, and pvp a little). Still, many players are pressing forward with thier rangers anyway.

At this point, its pretty clear there is little we can do to stimulate a corrective response pattern from SOE, so I guess we all just need to decide what were gonna do, accept the reality of the situation, and move on in what ever way we see fit.

voxranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #96
Guard_Ra

General

As i have thought about betraying, but i just can't give up my Ranger. I still believe they'll fix the mechanics in one of these LU's, so I will continue to plug along.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #97
guillero

Loremaster

Bows and arrows and their damage should be completely revisited.For once how Blizzard did with the Hunter class is a good example of how you can do it right.1. Bow's damage indication is base damage without any arrow.2. Standard arrows should be available on vendors. Standard arrows add slight damage buff only.3. Crafters can create better arrows. These arrows add better damage buffs and maybe some recast speed buff as well or something.4. arrows should be per 10 levels or so. lvl1, lvl10, lvl20, lvl30, lvl40, etc. Increasing their effectiveness slightly each 10lvl pump. Crafted arrows effectiveness becomes progressivly better each 10lvl pumps to make crafters happy too.This should fix all the confusion and bow/arrow issues and make the whole thing a lot more transparent. Just a better system in my eyes.
guillero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 AM   #98
xandez

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Bows and arrows and their damage should be completely revisited.For once how Blizzard did with the Hunter class is a good example of how you can do it right.1. Bow's damage indication is base damage without any arrow.2. Standard arrows should be available on vendors. Standard arrows add slight damage buff only.3. Crafters can create better arrows. These arrows add better damage buffs and maybe some recast speed buff as well or something.4. arrows should be per 10 levels or so. lvl1, lvl10, lvl20, lvl30, lvl40, etc. Increasing their effectiveness slightly each 10lvl pump. Crafted arrows effectiveness becomes progressivly better each 10lvl pumps to make crafters happy too.This should fix all the confusion and bow/arrow issues and make the whole thing a lot more transparent. Just a better system in my eyes.
QFEagreed, sounds good++Xan

xandez is offline   Reply With Quote