EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #31
Evolution8

Figthing a pierce resistant mob using normal arrows will give you an idea of how much dmg comes from our procs alone. Using Prismatic/Zalak Shield/ Ironwood imbued and adeste's poison dps comes to around 600-700. Using this bow will take away all procs from your ranged attacks since it has no innate proc. So your now down 700dps which is more then any other class is putting out alone.

So Teksun, what is your dps if you would use this? Not sure about you but with the proper dps groups in t6 raids im anywhere from 900-1500 sustained over the entire raid encounter. Also what weapon combo are you using?

This isnt about flaming its about trying to put down other rangers its about improving yourself and other rangers.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #32
Fennir

Loremaster

Why would using this bow take away all procs?  That's not true either. You will lose your gleaming strike proc if you switch from ironwood to dark fury.  You won't lose any other procs.  Why would you?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #33
Evolution8

The idea from the last patch was that only your main hand will proc poisons and other procs, unless the other weapons themselves have their own procs.

-So if you do not have a proc on your bow you wont proc anything other then offensive stance off it.
- If it did have a proc it will run the series of procs which you have.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #34
Fennir

Loremaster

That's not how it works.  The last patch did not affect us like that.  Please don't spread misinformation. For MELEE (aka fighting with your melee weapons): only your primary weapon will proc poison and other applied spell procsAny weapon with its OWN PROC will proc regardless of the hand it is equipped in. For RANGED: your poison and melee weapon procs that procced pre-patch (like prismatic, vicious sai, PGT, etc.) continue to proc off our bow, whether or not the bow has a proc.

Message Edited by Fennir on 01-05-2006 11:55 AM

Old 01-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #35
NovacaineExpre

That's what I thought Tobias.  I use Prismatic and Lunar Ornate spear as my melee and use T6 Ironwood Imbued Long Bow as my ranged and all 3 proc off of my ranged ca's quite often.  But I dont use melee very often, if ever, so I can't comment on that.  If you can get your hands on the Lunar Ornate Spear I highly recommend it.  It dropped off of contested T5 Lord Nagalik in Sols Eye for me.  Dont have the exact stats in front of me but it has +17 str and a 12% proc chance that does around 200 heat damage on proc.  I am hoping I can still use this when the new expansion hits cuz this is my new fav toy!  If not I will settle for what the Terrorantula can drop with that crazy poison proc. /drool :smileysurprised:

Askol ~ 60 Ranger

Lucan D'Lere

Old 01-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #36
King Leor

I would suggest Khanda of the royal embalmer befor the desert skewer off of terrorantula myself, just cuz stats are better and I think the proc is the same. poison based DoT. here it is http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/items/KhandaoftheRoyalEmbalmer.php
It drops off of Arazul, Hand of the Godking, he cake to kill but a bugger to get to spawn. But of course he wont drops this for our guild, he will only drop stupid priest gear. As if they dont have enough..lol.

Leoric
Level 60 ranger
King Leor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:45 AM   #37
Evolution8

- Poisons (as well as other applied effects that have a chance to proc on a successful attack) now only trigger upon successful attacks made with the weapon in the primary hand. Note: Weapons with an inherent damage proc (like all crafted imbued weapons) are unaffected and will continue to proc regardless of which hand they are equipped in.

Maybe one day they will learn to explain patch work correctly :smileyindifferent:
Old 01-06-2006, 01:12 AM   #38
NovacaineExpre

I thought that bad boy dropped off the Godking himself?  And I thought Arazul could drop this? http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/items/ArazulsCeremonialDagger.php Which is still pretty nice.

But don't quote me, I haven't done the Godking yet cuz we still need 3 eyes.  BTW, have you seen Arazul's mace (or something)?  Deals blunt damage but gives +4 Slashing! :smileyvery-happy:

Askol ~ 60 Ranger
Lucan D'Lere
Old 01-06-2006, 01:18 AM   #39
King Leor

Ya, he can also drop the the dagger as well. we got the 2 priest items off arazul,  :o( and another guild on our server killed arazul twice as well but they got the khanda of the royal embalmer and some nice scout shoulders too.

Leoric
Level 60 ranger

Old 01-06-2006, 01:24 AM   #40
NovacaineExpre

Sweet!  Time to camp out Azarul! :smileytongue:

Thanks for the info Leoric!

Askol ~ 60 Ranger
Lucan D'Lere
Old 01-07-2006, 08:04 AM   #41
FlintAH

Loremaster

Evolution890 wrote:
- Poisons (as well as other applied effects that have a chance to proc on a successful attack) now only trigger upon successful attacks made with the weapon in the primary hand. Note: Weapons with an inherent damage proc (like all crafted imbued weapons) are unaffected and will continue to proc regardless of which hand they are equipped in.

Maybe one day they will learn to explain patch work correctly :smileyindifferent:

My poisons proc on my bow all the time.
FlintAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #42
Garfield

General

"So Teksun, what is your dps if you would use this? Not sure about you but with the proper dps groups in t6 raids im anywhere from 900-1500 sustained over the entire raid encounter. Also what weapon combo are you using?"

I can't sustain anything higher than 500 DPS without grabbing aggro from the tank. No matter how leisurely I cast... The only time I get to show my actual DPS is when a paladin has Amends on me (which isn't often on raids).

Message Edited by Garfield87 on 01-06-200611:32 PM

Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #43
Ssindain

Loremaster

Garfield87 wrote:

I can't sustain anything higher than 500 DPS without grabbing aggro from the tank. No matter how leisurely I cast... The only time I get to show my actual DPS is when a paladin has Amends on me (which isn't often on raids).

If you don't have primal agility, your aggro reducer, up to at least adept III do that right away.  Also is this during a raid situation?  Your tank should have some sort of hate gain on him as well from an assassin, swashy, etc.  With master 1 primal agility, master 1 stream of arrows and a good tank group I can go all out without drawing aggro.
Ssindain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:24 AM   #44
Nak

General

Garfield87 wrote:

"So Teksun, what is your dps if you would use this? Not sure about you but with the proper dps groups in t6 raids im anywhere from 900-1500 sustained over the entire raid encounter. Also what weapon combo are you using?"

get a troub, aggro song is 10% more ish then amends if both at ad3 plus nice other buffs and nice for raids :smileyvery-happy:
Nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:34 AM   #45
Garfield

General

My primal agility is at adept 3, I do all I can to reduce my hate on raids nowadays. If I spend about half the fight just using fatal reminder, lunging blade, snipe, elude, surveil and auto-attack I can usually start nuking towards the end. Anyways, I should probably start a new thread to continue this - don't want to hijack it :smileywink:

As for the bard thing, it sounds like it would work, only problem is our guild has one troubador who's rarely on. When he's on and present at raids, he's almost always in the MT group.

Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:21 PM   #46
Siphar

Loremaster

Quick question about T5 bow vs T6 bow.

Using say Valian bow (lvl 40) 12% proc T5 bow against a lvl 65 epic raid mob, won't you miss a lot more compared to T6 bow? Therefore far reducing the overall chance of a proc. This seems logical but i assume the level of the bow doesn't affect the CA used in-conjunction with it. Need confirmation....

I have only ever used T6 rare Ironwood imbued longbow muself.
Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #47
Siphar

Loremaster

Also is the proc rate based over x number of seconds now? therefore faster weapons don't proc more and making ir possible to actually miss the mob in autoattack but still proc. This relates to my previous post above.

-Thanks
Old 01-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #48
King Leor

Nahhh,  t5 bow will hit just as much as a t6 bow. Once you have buffs up etc your ranged is up so high it doens' t matter. Valian bow FTW. (still dont have one) :0(

LeoricLevel 60 ranger
Old 01-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #49
Siphar

Loremaster

Isn't it time someone discovered some more T6 bows? There are currently 2 x T6 bows, dark fury which recently surfaced and no one likes and the rare ironwood.

Maybe soe waiting till KoS to add "1 more" bow lol... they are lame imo for not adding more important content... I mean it's like releasing 2 new T6 swords, 1 sword which 99% of the population hasn't even seen (and most people don't like anyway due to no proc lol)..

Just lame...
Old 01-09-2006, 06:20 PM   #50
coltla

General

King Leoric wrote:
Valian bow FTW. (still dont have one) :0(

LeoricLevel 60 ranger

I was in a raid where one droped. Guild only. A Warlock named Machai won the lotto & kept it for an alt that is in annother guild, (adding insult the alt is only level 24).
coltla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:07 PM   #51
dubbs

Loremaster

coltlane wrote:I was in a raid where one droped. Guild only. A Warlock named Machai won the lotto & kept it for an alt that is in annother guild, (adding insult the alt is only level 24).
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, sounds like time for a new set of loot rules.  That's worse than the dirge outbidding me for the Valain Bow, but at least he's in the guild and used it.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #52
Zholain

Loremaster

Valian Bow dropped for us this past weekend.  I sense that I will be spending some DKP in the very near future  :womanwink:
Old 01-10-2006, 09:41 PM   #53
Lexan

General

Well this bow dropped last night i almost took it but passed to an assassin (gratz skratch).  At first look i thought it would improve dps but now i really think sticking with the valen is the way to go ftm.  I'd like to hear from any ranger finding that the t6 fabled bow actually does raise up there dps!!!
Kazzi... Defiler of Ye Drunken Horde
Lexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:50 PM   #54
King Leor

Wow, the warlock was aloud to loot the valian bow befor you??? Seems kinda odd, all he will do is sell...hmm..lol. Ya, I wouldn't blame ya for passing on the dark fury bow Axkiva, there is not way it's dmg rating will surpass the proccing dmg from a 12% proccing bow  which is 28% to us rangers due to it's delay :0)

LeoricLevel 60 ranger
Old 01-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #55
Jay

General

Zholain wrote:Valian Bow dropped for us this past weekend.  I sense that I will be spending some DKP in the very near future  :womanwink:

Awesome, congrats hon. SMILEY  Now with 50% more deadly accuracy, it's part of this complete breakfast...

Old 01-11-2006, 01:53 AM   #56
Kyriel

Loremaster

theres also bow of the proven -__- not a good bow at all just database and yuck