EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > General Beta Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
Xelgad

Developer

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give you all an update - we are reading and making adjustments based on your feedback internally, but it'll take us a little bit of time to get it all updated to beta.

Please keep your feedback coming and we'll get the changes out as soon as we can.

-X
Xelgad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
Daalilama

Cool...any general insight you can give us Xelgad on what course some of the changes to the new prestige tree your looking at doing (understanding that this would generally be the first round of adjustments).
Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
Flatline

Awesome.

Would love some 'headsups' if you know what i mean. I know it opens up for the whole theorycrafting BUT openess is the key i belive
Flatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
Laita

That's great, when can we expect some insight as to what you guys may have in mind? And please pay close attention to the enchanter threads!! BigGrin
Laita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
Ucala

I will agree that the chanters got some real nice abilities, but something that is more support worthy would be nice
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:17 AM   #6
Kalika

I hope that this mean changing the priest mit buf so that it affect the priest too.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:04 AM   #7
Estred

I would have loved it if the new Prestige had special "2nd tier" interactions with the base Prestige. I'll await changes.
Estred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:44 PM   #8
Kalika

Apparently the prestige that increase pot by 1% of your wisdom (power of soul) does not work.
I don't have drumui just the default one so i need to open char sheet to check but using heals or attacks do not grant me the 70, 80 potency as expected.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:59 AM   #9
-Soteria-

I'm seeing the same thing with crit bonus, as of this morning.
-Soteria- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #10
Kalika

Well it seems to me that

Necros issues should be adressed (lifeburn not scaling, pet life burn neither, crappy prestige etc....)

Some non druid healers may be looked at, healing aoe ticks on my inqui is really complicated ... but that's actually very hard to balance because different healers bring different bonuses.

Tanks are also very unbalanced, our SK is still one of our MT but he uses a guard for hard hitters. Generally people consider that brawler and berzekers are quite above the other tanks. My paladin is actually doing quite well despite many weaknesses (lack of full immunities against hit greater than 1/2 his HP pool, Sks seem even worst that Paladins since they share this weakness in their "immunities" (DA and Manawall are useless for several encounters) but the SK miss easy agro management and paladin self heal are probably better (for survibility) than SK taps.

Coercers, apparently, do not improve group dps (even a melee group) so much ... even if they still bring the best mana regen available. Their agro modifier are not that great anymore considering that Hate mod is cheap.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:55 PM   #11
Salbain

Heck at this point I would be ok with scrapping the new achievements and focusing efforts on tweakingfixing spells, CA's and abilities that have needed attention for a long time.

Each class thread has many examples that could be used as a starting place.

Edit: Why a new tree? Why not expand on the existing and let the expanded tree cross from leftright or rightleft to make it interesting. Still keep with the existing theme where left is more utility like and right is more dps but people could do hybrid builds crossing back and forth between the branches. Might make it interesting. Finding the right build for the right situation etc..
Salbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #12
Xelgad

Developer

Yeah, we're looking into the issue causing these. Something fishy is going on around here!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #13
Margaritas

Don't forget about us coercers... we could use some love this expansion. Wink
Margaritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #14
Arieste

Xelgad, since we can't actually test these, is it intended that these buffs aren't triggered by debuffs or is the text just misleading? (it says "must have used a beneficial or an attack ability", a debuff is neither)
Arieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #15
Xelgad

Developer

I made a change on the backend (these should be fixed tomorrow) to correct the issue preventing them from applying. While doing that, I changed them to make sure they apply on debuffs just for you.

Disclaimer: These actually weren't just for Arieste. To be honest, we don't really know if Arieste is even real or just one of the many voices in my head.
More disclaimer: The second half of the previous disclaimer is a joke, don't throw rocks.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:22 PM   #16
Arieste

We are not one. We are legion. We are happy with the changes thus far.
Arieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #17
Endymion

Developer

I'm not okay with these shared illusions/delusions.
Endymion is offline   Reply With Quote