EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Boli32

Loremaster

With the changes to the defensive stance (5% Physical DR) and the addition of recklessness there seems less and less reason ever to use the old offensive stance at all; especially as it cannot be cast at the same time as recklessness.

Offensive stance was used for plate tanks as there was little need to use defensive stance and now it swapping over there is no need for a THIRD stance. Since it appears that you wish us to tank in one stance and DPS in another.. what is the point of a third stance?... what does it achieve?

You can pretty much drop the old Offensive stance completely

Also... what is it with the defensive stance and wanting to reduce DPS? Tanks already have to contend with a much lower hit rate than other classes with frontal block - there is no need to reduce s/c/p as well it just rubs salt into the wound. This negative effect should be removed from the defensive stance and the offensive stance buffs should be added to one of the fighter's self buffs. This will also stop the complaints from tanks wishing to use their offensive buffs and recklessness at the same time.

If a Fighter wants to tank... he'll have a perfect buff for it - increasing his defensive prowess - and if he wishes to DPS he can do - you've just designed the buff for it - although at the cost of his ability to take the hits.

Obviously there are many AAs/Foci to do with stances which will have to be adjusted (Stance Mastery on warrior tree for one) but this should lay a few daemons to rest concerning the phrasing "defensive stance" and being able to tank which has been around since the inception.

Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
Cyrdemac

Loremaster

+1

Old 07-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Mermut

Loremaster

Offensive stance is good for Off-tanks... those who are tanking adds, etc in raids. They can't afford the extra damage recklessness entails, but they don't need to be fully defensive.

Basically offensives stance is for when you're tanking something 'easy enough' that you don't need defensive stance. Recklessness is for when you're not tanking at all.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Boli32

Loremaster

Mermut wrote:

Offensive stance is good for Off-tanks... those who are tanking adds, etc in raids. They can't afford the extra damage recklessness entails, but they don't need to be fully defensive.

Basically offensives stance is for when you're tanking something 'easy enough' that you don't need defensive stance. Recklessness is for when you're not tanking at all.

The 5% DR is just too big *not* to pass up; even for moping up adds. There just arn't enough benefits with off stance anymore (+200 STR/+100 s/c/p I think for pallys).

Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
Yimway

Loremaster

Yeah, I can pass up 5% on all the EM stuff for sure.  I'm only compelled to use it for some HM fights and not all.

And Off stance your going to use fighting heroics unless your doing something you outclass with a healer you trust.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
Xaxtionlorex

Loremaster

Ostace now, and will still be for the 2nd tank in raids, who will need to snap up adds, or pick up if the MT goes down, and can afford the extra dps for the time he isn't tanking untill one of those two things happens.

Recklessness is for the 3rd and 4th tank, who are needed on some fights, and not others, so they don't have to swap out a hundred times durring a zone.

Xaxtionlorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
Beko
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Can you please move Furious Assault someplace else, all other tank classes have their procs on other things, leave ours off our stance.

Beko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
Meirril

Loremaster

Why not modify offensive stance to be an agro-generation stance then? This way you'd have a choice between extra defense, extra hate generation and pretending to be a DPS class with no tanking ability?

A simple "All combat arts and spells generate an extra 20% hate, all hate position modifiers are increased by 1" should do the trick. Not sure if you should lower the tanks defenses for this stance, not being in defensive is enough of a negative.

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
Beko
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Meirril wrote:

Why not modify offensive stance to be an agro-generation stance then? This way you'd have a choice between extra defense, extra hate generation and pretending to be a DPS class with no tanking ability?

A simple "All combat arts and spells generate an extra 20% hate, all hate position modifiers are increased by 1" should do the trick. Not sure if you should lower the tanks defenses for this stance, not being in defensive is enough of a negative.

I just wish berserker's Ostance wasn't so .... good, I wish Furious Assault's Proc was on one of our other buffs so we could go defensive.

Beko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #10
Luhai

Loremaster

Meirril wrote:

I'm usually the OT. When I'm not tanking I'm in off stance and I definitely do NOT want to pull aggro from everything in my vicinity.