EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #31
feldon30

SOE Community Council

Bexie wrote:

When are you planning to post the registration? Since I would come from Europe I would not normally book flights until I know I am going. Both are now up to $2000 plus for the week, so an early registration would be good to avoid last minute prices...

The dates and location for SOE Live are set in stone and have been for months. You should purchase your airfare and make your hotel booking as soon as you are able to do so and prices are most favorable. It is of course your choice to wait until SOE has the Registration system established, but signing up for SOE Live is, as you know, a very small expenditure compared to overseas travel and the hotel room.

Bexie wrote:

Bexie wrote:

When are you planning to post the registration? Since I would come from Europe I would not normally book flights until I know I am going. Both are now up to $2000 plus for the week, so an early registration would be good to avoid last minute prices...

The issue is that if I fly half way round the world, I do not really want to be moving from place to place. It would be helpful if you could sort out an extended booking with Harrahs that includes the other attached hotels as well (Paris/Caesers) that are also part of the hotel group

Also are you doing anything for the long haul travellers? Most arrive at least a couple of days before hand.

Since prices for hotels in LV have risen to over $150 for a room it is getting expensive Basic room at Ballys:

SAT10/13/12 $167.20

SUN10/14/12 $111.20

MON10/15/12$111.20

TUE10/16/12$139.00

WED10/17/12$159.00

THU10/18/12$159.00

FRI10/19/12$159.20

SAT10/20/12$159.20

Unless the SOE Live website is incorrect, or you failed to mention that you are attending the SOE Live event in your correspondence with Bally's, or the rooms are already sold out (which I would have heard about!), your prices are out of line. SOE's negotiated rates at Bally's are as such:

Wed 10/17/2012 $80

Thu 10/18/2012 $80

Fri 10/19/2012 $130

Sat 10/20/2012 $130

Also, to my knowledge, SOE has never arranged any kind of companion booking with other hotels nor arranged any special rates for Sunday through Tuesday. Arriving Wednesday, October 17th, giving yourself all day to acclimate, and then enjoying the conference from Thursday night through Sunday mid-day is a very doable schedule if you are in good health.

As for airfare, you're already past the point of early bird tickets, so now you are playing the waiting game (as I have done myself on more than one occasion) of when you pull the trigger. Generally, airfare is the cheapest 45 days before travel is to commence, but there are exceptions and, like Las Vegas itself, it can be a gamble. I can't imagine airfare going any higher than $2,000 per person from Europe to Vegas, so I might hang on a little longer to see if prices start dropping again. You may have to be flexible with arrival times, or connection points.

If you already know what days you want to be in Las Vegas, there is no reason to wait for SOE to make all their announcements and setup Registration. I know it sounds like the tail wagging the dog, but it's not like SOE is going to pay you if your hotel or airfare end up costing more.

P.S. I apologize in advance for the absurd security theater you will endure when entering the U.S. I think after 10 years we are finally starting to realize that all the probity probes and groping is not making us any safer.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #32
Niteshaid

Happy Camper

If u sign up for the Total Rewards program you can get really good room rates that are slightly cheaper then the Sony prices. Just go to the bally's website, there should be a link to register for it.

~Nite~

Niteshaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:18 AM   #33
Catliten

Inactive Guide

http://www.everquest.com/news/artic...id=524295&tab=0

GET READY WOOHOO

Catliten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #34
Catliten

Inactive Guide

REGistration IS OPEN GET UR TICKETS

Old 06-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #35
glormin

The Quiet Type

I didn't see the info about free expansion for attendees this year.

Its not this year or just not mentioned?

glormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #36
Catliten

Inactive Guide

glormin wrote:

wasnt thinking of the little stuff... SMILEY ive been so wraped up in getting everything going lol

if they are releaseing one  your sure to get it  ....

Old 07-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #37
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

glormin wrote:

Was wondering the same.

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #38
Ago

Last year the all-access pass included a copy of the expansion, and I believe, included additional goodies not included in the regular pass, though I could be wrong. That was enough of an incentive to buy it even though I would only be there for one day, instead of buying a day pass.

In my case, within EQ, I vaguely remember there ebing some other additional in-game goodie in addition to the free expansion, but I don't really remember.

This year there seems to be no additional benefit unless you want to attend a Dev brunch. Am I correct, or are you planning additional incentives for the all-access pass that I am not seeing?

Thanks

Ago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #39
feldon30

SOE Community Council

Agoni wrote:

Last year the all-access pass included a copy of the expansion, and I believe, included additional goodies not included in the regular pass, though I could be wrong. That was enough of an incentive to buy it even though I would only be there for one day, instead of buying a day pass.

In my case, within EQ, I vaguely remember there ebing some other additional in-game goodie in addition to the free expansion, but I don't really remember.

This year there seems to be no additional benefit unless you want to attend a Dev brunch. Am I correct, or are you planning additional incentives for the all-access pass that I am not seeing?

Thanks

In 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012, we were given the EverQuest and EverQuest II expansions for free. This was not pre-announced but stated during the Welcome Reception. There is no guarantee that we'll get the expansions this year and again, it's never been pre-announced.

As for other items, the list of in-game rewards for registering for SOE Live have been posted on the website. I think EQ2 gets a special vampire Merc.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #40
Niteshaid

Happy Camper

Actually, they have listed the expansion as a reward in the past. They just hadn't told us if it will be the standard expansion or the collectors expansion. It was announce last at the reception that we got the collectors expansion for preregistering for fan faire.
Niteshaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #41
leavwiz

The Quiet Type

its been a while since i attended fan faire (2009)  but as one of the few from Vanguard that plans to be there I hope to find more time to sit down with devs and QA team from VG.  I would also like to see an in-game reward that is meaningful to someone that stood by the game and kept it alive during the bleak years.

I also hope to see some old friends from EQ and just enjoy the diversity of the MMO player world.

leavwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #42
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Any official infos regarding next epansions for FF attendees? Pretty please? SMILEY

Old 09-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #43
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Now that the next EQ expansion is officially announced any chance to get info on this? I got asked by a few guild mates who were considering buying the all acess pass.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #44
feldon30

SOE Community Council

http://eq2wire.com/2012/09/06/playe...-marketplace/2/

Registered attendees of SOE Live will be treated with a complimentary copy of the standard editions of Rain of Fear and Chains of Eternity when they become available this November. SOE Live will take place at Bally’s in Las Vegas, Oct. 18-21, 2012.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #45
tekka

Why only the standard editions? when we got the collector's editons last year ?

tekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #46
Rathorius

The Quiet Type

Also, last year FF attendees had a guaranteed spot in the closed beta.  Any word on whether this is to be the case for SOE Live 2012, or if they are even planning to do a closed beta this time (seeing as there isn't that much time between the end of SOE Live and the end of November)?

Rathorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #47
SOE-Brasse

Community Relations

Rathorius, we expect that both EQ and EQII will be in beta by the time SOE Live starts and I expect they'll be looking for a ton of testers. =)

SOE-Brasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #48
RadarHelper

Master

watched the web cast late today

I do not smoke; I do not twitter, I dont use facebook and I think ggooogle is evil.

http://www.cioinsight.com/c/a/Slide...is-Evil-439665/

on to more plesant subjects

Looks like SOE Live is going to be great fun. 

It would be great if more other Sony bussiness units attended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shohoku_College

http://www.shohoku.ac.jp/

Why does Sony Music not attend an Las Vegas event with Sony Online Entertainment?

http://www.sonymusic.com/

RadarHelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #49
Texana

Happy Camper

tekkaud wrote:

Why only the standard editions? when we got the collector's editons last year ?

Sometimes we get the standard edition and then pay to upgrade it to the collector's edition.

Texana is offline   Reply With Quote