EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Ayden

The Quiet Type

In past events, what happens on the last day?  This years event ends on a Sunday... a popular day to travel.  I'd like to plan my travel as late as possible, but I don't want to miss anything either.

I'd be traveling from the east coast, so there's many hours of travel involved.

Thanks in advance.

Ayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Irish

Journeyman

On sunday there is nothing, but Saturday can run late into night. Though I would wait and see a response from a red name to make sure they aren't planning anything for Sunday this year. I also fly from the east coast. My personal advice If you don't needto be back home for Monday , check prices because Sunday is one of the most expensive days for airfare, I can usually stay a extra couple of days and fly home during week for less than the sunday flight would have cost. Also usually best time for flight prices is around 6 to 8 weeks out from flight.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Danicia

Community Relations

We might possibly have a Sunday event, which would probably start around 10am. We'll have more details as we get confirmation of the schedule.

Danicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
Niteshaid

Happy Camper

You mite want to pick a later time considering how late the pool party tends to go....lol

Niteshaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
zammis

The Quiet Type

the party was a blurr but  i think it ended at 12am ? sux  or mabey 1 ro 2   but im thinking 12  it needs to go tell 4 am

zammis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
feldon30

SOE Community Council

Niteshaid wrote:

You mite want to pick a later time considering how late the pool party tends to go....lol

I have been unable to confirm if there will be a pool party in mid-October. It gets quite cold in the desert in the evening.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
Danicia

Community Relations

feldon30 wrote:

Niteshaid wrote:

I have been unable to confirm if there will be a pool party in mid-October. It gets quite cold in the desert in the evening.

There will be a pool party. SMILEY Their pool is heated.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #8
BigDad

Heated pool...cold air....lots of headlights will be on high beams....lol

BigDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:11 AM   #9
Rijacki

Supreme Commander

Niteshaid wrote:

Pool party is usually on Friday with the banquet on Saturday. If you're thinking 10am on Sunday is too early with how late the pool party goes.. umm.. that's one heck of a party!

Rijacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #10
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Rijacki wrote:

Niteshaid wrote:

Pool party is usually on Friday with the banquet on Saturday. If you're thinking 10am on Sunday is too early with how late the pool party goes.. umm.. that's one heck of a party!

Some folkses handle parties better than others.

Squeecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
Littlewolf65

The Quiet Type

I have already made my reservations. And woud like to add sunday the 21st.

How woud I go about doing that. I have tride online but it tells me thay can't be altered.

Any suggestions. Thank you.

Littlewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #12
Danicia

Community Relations

Littlewolf65 wrote:

I have already made my reservations. And woud like to add sunday the 21st.

How woud I go about doing that. I have tride online but it tells me thay can't be altered.

Any suggestions. Thank you.

You might need to contact the hotel directly if you're having issues with the online system.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #13
feldon30

SOE Community Council

So is it confirmed that there's a Sunday event at 10am?

Would it be over by noon? I know you'd say that people should attend every event, but if people miss this event will they miss out on any in-game items, tsotchkes (can't believe I spelled that right the first time), food, etc.?

People are already booking flights and I'd like to dissiminate even the vaguest of information ASAP. It may only cost a few bucks to pick a later flight now, but it will cost a fortune to CHANGE flights later on if Sunday's event proves to be crucial.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #14
Danicia

Community Relations

feldon30 wrote:

Would it be over by noon? I know you'd say that people should attend every event, but if people miss this event will they miss out on any in-game items, tsotchkes (can't believe I spelled that right the first time), food, etc.?

People are already booking flights and I'd like to dissiminate even the vaguest of information ASAP. It may only cost a few bucks to pick a later flight now, but it will cost a fortune to CHANGE flights later on if Sunday's event proves to be crucial.

Hello there!

No, it's not confirmed. We're still in the planning stages. Once we have the contract regarding the Sunday events, we'll make sure to post it here. I'll see if I can get an update from the Events Team.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #15
feldon30

SOE Community Council

Danicia wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

Hello there!

No, it's not confirmed. We're still in the planning stages. Once we have the contract regarding the Sunday events, we'll make sure to post it here. I'll see if I can get an update from the Events Team.

Thanks! I may drop a "If you can pick a later flight and it doesn't cost you any more, consider it" note.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #16
oafgirl

Happy Camper

If  you  have NOT already made your flight reservations -- *and* you can take the extra day -- you might want to look into staying overnight on Sunday.  I live in the Los Angeles area and usually fly Southwest Airlines, using their online booking system for their best WebSaver price.  It is cheaper for me to stay Sunday night and fly home Monday morning than to come home on Sunday -- and that's including the price of the room for the extra night.

I  have done this the past several years and it's really quite relaxing not to have to worry about getting up in time after hanging with friends "for the last time this year" after the banquet.  (I'm one of those people who do not enjoy the packing process, let's just leave it at that.)  One of my fondest FF memories was the first year I did this -- I splurged with dinner at the Steak House, ran into Imrahil, Klorch, and a couple more of their Raging Fury guildmates (sorry, Jens and Jake, I can't remember your character names), and spent an hour or so bringing them a little Cheddarella luck at the blackjack table.

oafgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #17
Rijacki

Supreme Commander

oafgirl wrote:

If  you  have NOT already made your flight reservations -- *and* you can take the extra day -- you might want to look into staying overnight on Sunday.  I live in the Los Angeles area and usually fly Southwest Airlines, using their online booking system for their best WebSaver price.  It is cheaper for me to stay Sunday night and fly home Monday morning than to come home on Sunday -- and that's including the price of the room for the extra night.

I  have done this the past several years and it's really quite relaxing not to have to worry about getting up in time after hanging with friends "for the last time this year" after the banquet.  (I'm one of those people who do not enjoy the packing process, let's just leave it at that.)  One of my fondest FF memories was the first year I did this -- I splurged with dinner at the Steak House, ran into Imrahil, Klorch, and a couple more of their Raging Fury guildmates (sorry, Jens and Jake, I can't remember your character names), and spent an hour or so bringing them a little Cheddarella luck at the blackjack table.

This is so very true. Returning on Monday is heaps more relaxing. Taking the day off -after- you return from the event, too, is wonderful 'cause then you can catch up sleep, catch up on laundry, etc. etc.

Rijacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #18
late2class

The Quiet Type

Do Tell!!! I wanna know the tentative schedule. To anxious and excited to wait much longer!
late2class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
oafgirl

Happy Camper

Okay -- the *second* year I stayed late, I ran into guildies who had brought UNO cards, and we hung out in the (unused during daylight hours) Indigo Lounge and played.

I have a box of cards for a game called Plague & Pestilence.  I'll bring them, and anyone planning on staying late on Sunday can bring other kinds of card/board/table-type games.  We can self-organize some amusement after whatever SOE folks devise.  I can just imagine team-style Trivial Pursuit, guild vs guild....

oafgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #20
Danicia

Community Relations

oafgirl wrote:

Okay -- the *second* year I stayed late, I ran into guildies who had brought UNO cards, and we hung out in the (unused during daylight hours) Indigo Lounge and played.

I have a box of cards for a game called Plague & Pestilence.  I'll bring them, and anyone planning on staying late on Sunday can bring other kinds of card/board/table-type games.  We can self-organize some amusement after whatever SOE folks devise.  I can just imagine team-style Trivial Pursuit, guild vs guild....

I'm personally working on some card/board game activities, both from people who make the games and people who wish to host the games, especially for those in the lounge areas.

I'm bringing in heaps of card/board games myself.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
Starrla

Happy Camper

BigDaddy wrote:

Heated pool...cold air....lots of headlights will be on high beams....lol

The misters they had last year were great!  SMILEY

Starrla is offline   Reply With Quote