EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #1
Sova

Has anyone, or are Fury able to solo named... some named... i really cant with my wizard.. and i hear Conj and necro are the Top solos, but where does the fury stands?
Sova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:50 PM   #2
vwfre

it is possible but all spells and armor must be upgraded appropriatly and you have to use your power very effectivly. I wouldnt suggest fighting a healer or a druid though. long long fight
Old 04-06-2006, 12:23 AM   #3
StixxliteAZ

Loremaster

At 70 I can Solo two 64^ or one group of 64 Heroics pretty well, to give you an idea.Good Luck!!  Fury's ROCK!!!
StixxliteAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:37 AM   #4
Sova

I had an episode in Stormhold, with my wizard. I was lvl 32, and found a lvl 22 named, 10 levels under, i was crushed like papuir cous it could shoot, you think i would have ended diffrently with my lvl 32 Fury?
Sova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:34 AM   #5
Bi

General

StixxliteAZ wrote:At 70 I can Solo two 64^ or one group of 64 Heroics pretty well, to give you an idea.Good Luck!!  Fury's ROCK!!!

you should be able to do this at 67I can solo a group of 4-5 blue heroics (eg strifewind groups at the top of the island, near the entrance to get to the vultak scrollbearer)start with starnova, make sure you have RoF up, and one of your hots, then recast your hot on the pull. make sure you stay above 70% hp, cos you can get interrupted and stunlocked under 50% and it's GG very quickly. make sure you have your damageshield up, as this is a big part of your dps.Use Porcupine after casting RoF, a hot and hibernation.Generally I can't take anything over ^ as they hit too hard. Even green ^^^'s give me massive amounts of trouble, the last ^^ i killed was the 60 gnoll for burglars afoot, and at 67 it still killed me (although admittedly that was the knockback more than anything else - i did have a good laugh about it SMILEY)generally speaking though - furies are decent soloers. Dont expect to be as quick as a wizard. Mine solo's exceptionally well, and can do some things that summoners can't, likewise they have masses of utility that wizards arent close to being able to get to.With your wizard, just make sure your root is ad3 or higher. If you are using a substandard root, go and group; roots need to have an excelllent quality to hold the mob still. After your root start with your biggest nuke, and work down the list, using DD's only. Dont use heroic opportunities, as the double damage can break the root and the snare, leaving you about to get very owned. Just keep the mob rooted, and nuke it. If the mob must not move, then use dual roots. ( group and single - this is for lvl 41+ as that's when you get ring of cold)
Old 04-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #6
Drumly

Loremaster

I primarily solo and always have.  My own advice is that if you are aiming to solo, keep your agility up high.  My avoidance is 44.8% atm, and I have to say it really seems to help. I have no problems taking out heroic groups that are two levels below me, as long as they are AVG or lower.  Heroics that are ^ or higher are possible two levels below but it takes some luck.  As the last poster pointed out, we lack root and we pretty much have to go toe to toe with them.  Having a chest item that is lambent imbued makes a huge difference too . . .  the extra heals are very helpful. 

For the mobs that are meant for soloing . . . I am currently at 65 and 68^ are no problem.  Can't kill the orange ones though . . . lol.

Healers are a pain, but are doable as long as you keep something from the swarming line up.  They take a long time as you are trying to outlast their own heals. I find that a battle with a green ^^^ healer will occassionaly reset before I can finish it off, they take so long.

Overall, I think you will find the solo game challenging but rewarding as a fury.  The fury has a pretty good chance of being able to adapt to many different situations, and I have had people watch some of my fights thinking that I was going to die, and I pulled it off with furious button mashing!  SMILEY 

Drumly

Aka The Tang

Message Edited by Drumly on 04-05-200610:56 PM

Drumly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #7
osama

Loremaster

The problem with soloing furys is that we can't take heavy damage fast. We have our hots and heals to keep us alive but if the mob is making too much damage too fast, it won't help much (we'll soon run out of power.)Basically a medium tweaked fury can solo any solo mobs (up to orange, and even red at times if the fury is a bit tweaked.) Dealing with heroic mobs the problem often becomes damage taken. As far as I've tried I have never had any problems with green heroic encounters (atleast not after the patch last fall) - named ones that are the same level should be doable, though I haven't tried that many of those.Another thing that Furys are quite good at is group encounters. You'll have a lot better chance at taking out 3-4*heroic no arrow ups, than one three arrow up mobs. Especially at higher level when you have the carpet pet and other AoE capabilities. It's quite fun doing these encounters as sometimes you can just stand there and HOT yourself while watching them take damage from your damage shield. (20-25 points of damage on each mob in an encounter each time one of the mobs in the encounter hits you.)
osama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #8
Asp728

Loremaster

Most wizzys i know have no issues soloing.  Root, nuke nuke nuke = dead mob.  They do it a lot quicker than I and a lot easier.  Are you not rooting and trying to melee or something?
Asp728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #9
Mana Divine

Loremaster

Yesterday i became fury 64 on runnyeye, and i have to say, i have enjoyed my fury all the time, tried diferent characters but they still don't compare to my fury.  Now with the AA around it is even easier to solo for a fury, if u choose the right path. I went for Naturalist path, and i have quite a high shield and fast sword: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=240008204

with the aa i raise my strength high enough and my attack speed, and with ring of fire up and all our other dot and hot we really rule.

The only thing i regret is that i didn't put more into wisdom , i may use my stone of reforming once i hit 70 to clear that up.

Flandrio lvl 38 Monk Barbarian
DIVINE RETRIBUTION FOUNDED 11.11.2004 2YO!!!
Mana Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #10
RanaFatua

Loremaster

I love my Fury I had a defiler that use to be my main before DOF but I couldnt solo with her unless I wanted to sit there for 20mins trying to kill something even lvl with me. I can kill lvl 65^^^ casters easy now if they are a brawler class it takes me alot of time and useing my lvl 10 snare. I think its easier to solo with Druids then any other healing class. we have the power the heals and nukes to do really well. For the quest Trials of the awakened there is a part of that quest you have to do a harclave zone it took me about 20-30 mins to clear the zone and it took the cleric classes about a hour to an hour and a half to clear it same with the shaman =) go FURY dps
Old 04-07-2006, 03:08 AM   #11
Goozman

Loremaster

The jist of it:

Furies are good at soloing easy stuff that doesn't hit hard/often.

If by soloing, you are only concerned with solo content, then a Fury is good (as are nearly all classes).
Old 04-07-2006, 09:51 AM   #12
ary

General

Ahh good topic .I have been breaking my head over a mystic and fury I have and I cannot decide which to keep. I can only play one so both is not an option. I want to solo and group. I know I want my cake and eat it too. I think mystics are more welcome in groups but solo much slower than a fury.Fury can heal too so they will be invited to groups but I think a mystic will be taken over a fury always. I do not mind that I understand the fact that I solo better will make my heals and buffs less in groups but my final decision will be based on how slow the mystic solos. I am almost certain but I am not very sure the mystic takes twice as long to kill and after playing a ranger it was hard to watch myself at that speed.

The mystic is good in groups. I think the fury is harder to play and harder to be sole healer and as a mystic you manage better. I like the mystic a lot but for the solo speed. Both are level 20 and I am really cracking my head .

I just need some one to assure me that choosing a fury will not [Removed for Content] me as a healer in groups. I want to pick fury over the mystic and I know I should since I play odd times and will not always fnd a group. The fury is a better soloer hands down I am sure at level 20 but I am just wondering how good they are in groups.

ary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #13
Spectralmist

Lord

I have to say - I've been the sole healer in full (6 person) groups before, and it wasn't much of an issue.  Focusing on the tank - which is basicly what all healers do in groups - I have no issues keeping the group up and in the green.  I have the group HoT's - so if anyone else gets hurt, I can heal them at the same time I heal the tank.

That said, you might want to look at getting your heals upgraded to App 4 or higher.

As for soloing - I'm at level 30 now.  I've done a lot of soloing, and a lot of grouping.  I find I level faster in a group for the simple reason that the group is taking out harder mobs.  I can solo effectively though, and, fighting even con (white) mobs, I can get 1-2% xp off of each.  A hundred or so mobs - and Ding!  They can go pretty fast...

Add in the xp from doing quests - and the levels go even faster...

Old 04-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #14
Kaknya

Tester

It is just slower going on test if you play there. I have adept 1 spells, but my gear is lowsy and just slightly better then the emerald armor from zek. as well as pretty much everything on the right side being lvl 20-30.. not much for a 46. Can just never find what your looking for on the broker. and I've even been told point blank by people, that unless i make my own subs. they wont make them. People just don't want to make anything in the mid tiers anymore until the tradeskill changes hit test. In the mean time it's down to, xp as fast as you can to 60, and hope for good drops in between. atleast im finally old enough that i can start soloing the faction writs on the ss beach.  Anyways.. is there anything inparticular that i should be looking for as a drop to help me out, or quest item..
Cristiana 73 Illusionist of Test Server
Kaknya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:52 AM   #15
DevilsEnvy

Loremaster

Generally speaking, furies are not great soloers.  They can do all right against most heroic mobs, but remember, you are wearing leather and don't have any form of crowd control.  So, if it's hitting you hard, you are going to waste a ton of power healing yourself, maybe to the point that you don't even have enough power to kill the mob.  As a fury, if you get adds... forget it.  I think that defilers/mystics are probably the best soloing healer class, with a toss up between clerics and druids.  Clerics can take a hit, but then they can't do all that much damage.

Just as a note though, in 1 on 1 duels, I find that my fury is outstanding.  The trick is to make sure you cast Ring of Fire... and focus on keeping yourself healed, while it eats away at your opponent.  I'm by no stretch of the imagination the best dueler, but I can hold my own.

DevilsEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #16
mystic5

General

Furies solo better than most, but it really comes down to how good the person behind the computer solos.  You just need to choose your fights wisely and you should be fine.