EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2006, 12:55 AM   #1
Joer

General

Hi,at Level 22 and Level ?? you can choose to get 2.5% more Power or +5 Points Power-Regeneration (In-Combat).What is the best for a Fury?Both times to choose the Regeneration or both times more Power or 1/1 ???Thanks for Helping!
Old 04-05-2006, 02:55 AM   #2
SpritRaja

Loremaster

With LU13 normal regen is based on levels rather than max power. So would go for regen every time as that adds to your current regen rate.
SpritRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:35 AM   #3
Ashtu

Regen.  No question.
Ashtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:05 AM   #4
Bi

General

yup, regen every time
Old 04-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #5
Swiftshad

General

A regen of 5 per tic (a tic being 6 seconds), means an extra 50 power per minute in combat. (Out of combat regen is really irrelevant as with drinks, spirit of monkey etc I dont have any problems regening power quickly out of combat.)

2.5% of my power pool is 150 = 3 minutes of regen.

Therefore if a fight is less than three minutes long I would have had less available power if I choose regen over a percentage increase.

Most fights are less than three minutes, only some named mobs in raids take longer than that but not many. 

There are some instances where chain pulling and continual combat means you can only rely on in-combat regen, but overall we usually have to have a power break for DPS or a main tank before I have issues with low power. :smileyvery-happy:

Old 04-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #6
Crono1321

Loremaster

I always chose the % pool increase, and then the regen afterwords...you're level 22-- you'll get to choose both eventually.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #7
Druid03

Loremaster

i went for max power every time

prismatic(any version) + spirit of the bat + bard/chanter + power stones = nuff regen = happy fury

Old 04-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #8
RanaFatua

Loremaster

I went with Regeneration every time. I usually have more power then any priest class some times a warden can get more power then me but usally I do pretty good with having my power over 6,000 by my self so and Regenerations is something you always need when your in raid. Some times you dont get a bard or a enchanter in your group so you need your own regen specially after the nurfed spirit of the bat. I still use it but its not as great as it once was.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:42 AM   #9
Raidi Sovin'faile

Loremaster

The way I look at it is that 150 power won't help me much on a fight that is quicker than 3 minutes, however the situations that benefit from regen benefit me GREATLY. Therefore regen it is.

I don't pick that trait because it's going to help me a lot in normal activities... I pick it because it will help me greatly on those 10 minute or longer fights!

Also, at higher levels, chain pulling becomes much more frequent. With all the personal regen people are getting, and having a bard or enchanter in the group feeding more power (especially enchanters with their targeted +10% power every minute AA), it becomes much easier to chain pull.

I'd rather not be the reason for our group having to pause for a power break, and +10 regen from traits is one step away from that.

Raidi Sovin'faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #10
enrique_to

I'll always choose regen power. I have prismatic, I have spirit of the bat at adept III, I have golden efreet bots and many regen mana items. And of course I have manastone...

I hardly go out of mana. I'm happy with my mana regen rate and I hardly have need to employ drink SMILEY

Sorry but English Is not my native languaje
enrique_to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
Bi

General

If you rarely go out of power then you arent healing or nuking enough SMILEYI need drink to not go out of power, and only cast my debuffs and heals if we are chainpulling through a dungeon.i have prismatic, as well as 6FT items I believe (Amulet of Ro(have the moa, but not 70 yet :sob:, Druzics ring, FT3gloves, GEBs etc) manastone, Vessel, Regen Elixir.The only times I dont go oop is when i'm grouping with a bard or chanter (or another priest, but then I nuke harder, and go oop more)

Message Edited by bieb on 04-07-200604:09 AM

Old 04-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #12
Bladeskar

Loremaster

I went with the percentage increase and I have never had a problem with getting low on power, It may also be because I have some flowing thought items as well, but with over 6300 power, I have the most power out of any self-buffed healer I've seen on my server yet.
Bladeskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:41 AM   #13
SpritRaja

Loremaster

I agree with Bieb if you are not getting close to oop in battle you are not using your fury to the best of its abilities. Or your group is having to many rest breaks. Personally I am always at around half power in fights and try to keep it like that. I tend to slow down a bit when I reach half power and keep the rest for emergencies.

Edit: to be more precise I am normally under half power but my goal is to be at half power lol.

Message Edited by SpritRaja on 04-13-2006 04:43 PM

SpritRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:04 PM   #14
Lulian

Loremaster

Nether one will [Removed for Content] you and in most normal everyday situations it doesn't matter.  In raiding it does begin to make a differnce, with t7 and mobs with a billion hps it seems.  Hell, you can drop a t6 zone boss it seems quicker than some trash mobs in t7.

I went with power regen both times and I am happy.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:02 AM   #15
Elisse

Loremaster

I am another one who chose power regen over power pool both times, and have been very happy with it.   Once you're out of power, which happens to me soloing, with unexpected adds etc or in groups (but much more rarely) the regen will get you where you need to be a little more quickly.   I also hate downtime, and regen helps impatient people like me with that.Also, it's easier to increase your power pool with gear than it is to increase your power regen with gear. 
Elisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #16
DevilsEnvy

Loremaster

The answer to this question is really very simple, if you consider it over the long term.  You will always pick more power.  Let me explain why.  The FT5 vs. the +2.5% power pool has been debated over and over.  When you think about the long term... you will always pick the 2.5% power pool.  Right now, my power is around 6700 self buffed at lvl 70, which with rough math is about 335 extra power from the 5%.  If I had FT10, which gives 100 more power a minute, then it would take a fight of over 3.35 minutes to earn back that extra power.  Rarely, with the exception of some really tough raid mobs, do fights last over 3 minutes each, so right now you have a bit of an edge by going the power route.  Furthermore, EQ2 is supposed to be based on 200 levels, which is where you will really see the difference in % vs. FT.  Lets just say that at level 140, all stats were doubled.  That would mean that the extra 5% power would now be worth roughly 665 power, but the FT would still only be 10.  So, if you pick the FT option, you will see diminishing returns as your character progresses.

DevilsEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #17
Usari

Loremaster

Vyemm, Hurricanus, Tarinax, Talandor, Gorenaire and The Princes are all longer than 3 minute fights - Regen. If you die and get rezzed mid-fight your 5% extra power is gone - Regen. If you've hit the in-combat regen cap - Pool.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:40 PM   #18
enrique_to

My Raiding experience makes me happy to have chossen mana regen.

I'm unhappy If I go lower than 60% of my mana pool. Of couse you can go lower in many situations. But I try to keep mana as a treasure. The more mana you have the more heals you can do. My tank use to pull really fast betwen mobs so I have little time to regen mana. And of course in a RAID once you are engaged you won't have nothing of out of combat regen till RAID mob is death. That's cause I try to keep mana as long as posible and that's why I think mana regen is a great hability.

I figth many RAIDs of more that 3 mins SMILEY

If I'm the secondady healer I asume a nuker role. And I do it pretty good. I have a nice INT SMILEY and Furys are good as nuker SMILEY But alwais keep mana for success

Message Edited by enrique_tome on 04-17-2006 07:42 AM

Sorry but English Is not my native languaje
enrique_to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #19
Ashtu

Usari wrote:
Vyemm, Hurricanus, Tarinax, Talandor, Gorenaire and The Princes are all longer than 3 minute fights - Regen.

And many others if you take them on with less than optimal sized forces.  Like trio'ing magolemus in your 50's, X'Haviz, etc.  Lots of huge hp mobs.  Bigger pool only helps at the begining of a fight - if you are full of power when you start it.  If your power is ever not full, its usefullness at that moment goes away.
Ashtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #20
Giara

Loremaster

I started out taking the regen when leveling up my fury, however I respec'ed her when I started raiding.  With all of my flowing thought items and spirit of the bat and if I have a bard or chanter in group, I have enough regen that I switched to max power pool.  At 70, I have self-buffed power sitting at 6300 (wis isn't capped yet) and rarely run out of power while fighting.  It is more on your play style as to which way is best for you. 
Old 04-21-2006, 12:54 PM   #21
FrontenStuermer

Lord

Hm, i choosed the option for a better powerpool.

I have nearly 6500 of power(not at the max), since i have the manastone, the bats spell and other parts for energy regeneration i have no problems and would choose this again if i could.

There are enough options to get more power in a raid(we have an alchemist who build energy potions)...

I didnt really got any problems with my energy during raids in the past...

Think it depends how your fighting group is build up(classes)...

FrontenStuermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #22
Boli32

Loremaster

You go regen regen regen at the start - before as you accumulate more Flowing Thought gear buffs and other items such as manastones regen becomes less and less important - where I would recomend respecing and taking the larger powerpool.As an aside note at lvl 49 I only have a relatively low WIS score (154); so my power pool is obviously limited but I have taken all the regen options avialible to me and rarely even in constant pulling do I drop below 80% power. Of course this is different in soloing but in a group sense I generally end up with the highest power pool at the end of each fight compared to everyone elses.
Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote