EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-27-2006, 07:21 AM   #1
Jetblackrogue

Loremaster

I'm a 21 Berserker my friend is a 23 Fury.  We've debated this but I figured I'd get it straight from ya'll.  Which is more dps, Berserker or Fury?.  I realize level ranges can play a role so feel free to elaborate.  Thanks
Jetblackrogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:25 AM   #2
Meeker

Level range has less to do with it than player skill and situation.

From what i understand, the 'Zerker should be above the Fury in DPS. However, as i said, skill and situation means more than DPS Tier.

Message Edited by Meekerme on 03-26-200606:58 PM

Meeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
Goozman

Loremaster

Berserker is much higher single target. And becomes much much much higher ae at upper levels.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
khalidari

Beserker > Fury (single target)Fury > Beserker (group mob)Khalidarian70 Fury Nektulos
khalidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
DragonRoll

Loremaster

Depends on the situation and what role the 'zerker is playing in group.  If he's tanking with a shield and the Fury is nuking then Fury > Zerker.  If Zerker isn't tanking and dual-weilding or nice 2hander then zerker should be greater. Also, Furies tend to do more dps against groups of mobs.  Hunting in SoS and other T7 zones I'm doing between 150-300dps on average as solo healer and nuking a lot.  Compare to the Guardian in the group who is tanking normally around 115-200 dps.  Never parsed a high lvl 'zerker as MT, so not sure how he'd compare but would certainly be higher then the Guardian.

Message Edited by DragonRoll on 03-27-200604:28 PM

47 Woodworker (OMG!)
DragonRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
Raidi Sovin'faile

Loremaster

My brother's high level zerker can hold aggro against his gf's high level warlock against group targets using only his group taunts and group DPS. AND he maintains really good DPS doing it. AND the warlock is going full out.

It can be hard on him though, since he's not going sword'n'board... but if he wants to kick in the DPS, against groups he will shine. For example.. he'll beat my Bruiser's DPS against groups, whereas my Bruiser will beat his DPS against single targets. Zerkers simply have far more to their AoE and Encounter arsenal.

Eats up tons of power though.. for either of us. I think Fighters in general are the most power inefficient classes there are. He far prefers it when I play my coercer.

I'd say that you could find a Fury out DPSing a Zerker if the fury was a secondary healer and primarily nuking, and the zerker was going sword + shield and making sure he had aggro.

If the situation was more normal (Fury Main healer, and Zerker not needing to use shield), then the Zerker would win, hands down. If the Zerker was in DPS mode (secondary tank), then I can't see an equally outfitted Fury doing more DPS.

Maybe if the fights lasted 10 mintues at a time, with little downtime.. the Fury might pull ahead or match simply due to power ratios, and power regens (more inclined to use gebs, the bloodlines ability, more inclined to pick the regen trait, etc). That really only happens in duo or trio situations, or when fighting epics (like down in Sol Eye), though... far from the norm.

Raidi Sovin'faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:17 PM   #7
Spectralmist

Lord

Since I'm in the same tier, I do have a comment...

I've had some tanks commenting on my nuke (gained at level 24 - and master 2'd at the same time).  The T3 mobs that get hit by my nuke know it.  It takes at least a quarter of the mobs health (heroic 25 ^^^ as a base).  It can take more than half on the non-heroic 24's and such. 

In a group - I'm mostly healing, but if everyone is in the green I'll toss that nuke out.  I've gotten comments like "Wow, where'd that come from?" and such.

That said, I've never parsed a fight in my life, so I can't say how we stack up in DPS.  With the right spell and a good amount in INT, we can do a lot of damage...

Old 03-28-2006, 02:04 AM   #8
Goozman

Loremaster

Yes furies r really powerful from 23-37ish, their coolness factor scales down dramatically from their as their dps becomes negligable.

I don't see how anyone can say furies are more dps against group mobs in t7... the only time that could happen is if the group dies really quick. Berserkers are built for groups of mobs and using a combination of 2 skills can beat nearly any class.

On top of that, Berserkers have abilities that make them do even more damage while tanking... they don't need to be offtanking to do great dps... they shine while tanking.

omgz people, play the class or look up their spells at least.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:27 AM   #9
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Yeah zerkers are good, monks are insane tho lol on raids our monk often does 1k+ in dps often being in the top5 of dps.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:50 AM   #10
Giara

Loremaster

My fury can dps 175-250 dps if all I am doing is nuking, however when healing, my dps is nill.  A zerker who know how to play, will out dps a fury easily, in most cases and scenarios.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:37 PM   #11
mystic5

General

I group with a Berserker quite a bit.....Even if I am only nuking and going full out the Berserker will easily out DPS me.  Those guys can put out some serious damage.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #12
Raidi Sovin'faile

Loremaster

using a combination of 2 skills

Yeah, my brother just told me about that combo and what he's accomplished solo with it. Only thing that comes close is the DPS classes that are built for aoe damage. And it can be done with no power cost since it's all auto attack.

Also, along with the newly improved sceptre of rahotep (proc'ing 200 heal on group), and the way the proc is working with this ability, it's pretty crazy.

Granted it lasts only 36 seconds with 3 minute recast... but he has other abilities that can be used in between if anything is living (still aoe) that just use power instead.

Monks and Bruisers can still do insane damage... but not against groups like the Zerker.

Message Edited by Raidi Sovin'faile on 03-29-200601:09 AM

Raidi Sovin'faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #13
DevilsEnvy

Loremaster

Berzerkers have much higher dps than Fury.  They have amazing AE lines and can do massive group damage, far out dps ing a fury.  All of our DoT's and DD's have very long recast timers on them, which seriously limit our damage output.  Thats not to say we have low dps, only that it is slower than most.  We certainly have the highest dps of any healer class.

DevilsEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote