EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2006, 08:10 AM   #1
Incor

Only played a Fury to lvl 32, but I was wondering does their damage stay consistant? or does it just tail off from here on out.

Incor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
Boli32

Loremaster

Depends entirely on circumstance - using master 1 spells over adept 1s... concentrating on +INT gear over +WIS.Dropping all my buffs and +INT gear my main nuke dropped 300-400 damage a hit. (that was with the master 2 spell) compare it to a adept 1; and little +INT gear I'm easily doing double the damage of comparable furies... its all relative.The spell lines will be consistant and coming up to the next spell in the line you'll see a relative "drop off in damage" untill you get an upgrade but that is constant in all classes. You still have a *counts* 3 I think damage spell arts to come. In all I'd say we will do more damage but as I mentioned previously that is a very loaded question.Your damage will increase if you upgrade your damage spells and keep your INT high; concentrating more on the WIS path or not increasing your damage arts beyond app4 or adept 1 will keep your damage lower than it could be.
Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
Pucswift

Loremaster

def depends on circumstanceat lvl 50 my int is around 210  wisdom 230ishmy starnova can do 800-1100 easily    join a group with some int buff classes i think necro is one wooot that jumps to 1500my starnova is adept1 i consider myself a more a hybrid fury so i like to keep my int and wis balanced as close as possible    unless i hit the raid and its alllllll wisdom

boli wrote:Depends entirely on circumstance - using master 1 spells over adept 1s... concentrating on +INT gear over +WIS.Dropping all my buffs and +INT gear my main nuke dropped 300-400 damage a hit. (that was with the master 2 spell) compare it to a adept 1; and little +INT gear I'm easily doing double the damage of comparable furies... its all relative.The spell lines will be consistant and coming up to the next spell in the line you'll see a relative "drop off in damage" untill you get an upgrade but that is constant in all classes. You still have a *counts* 3 I think damage spell arts to come. In all I'd say we will do more damage but as I mentioned previously that is a very loaded question.Your damage will increase if you upgrade your damage spells and keep your INT high; concentrating more on the WIS path or not increasing your damage arts beyond app4 or adept 1 will keep your damage lower than it could be.

Pucswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #4
Incor

Thanks for the replies, good feedback.

I was asking this question because I rolled a Fury up on one of the new PVP servers, I like healing but I also wanted to be able to defend myself as well. Fury suits these two needs well, I think.

I looked at their end-game spells, it seems like their spells are relatively close to the max level, so they should still provide sufficient damage/offense. 

I do expect the damage to tail off between spells, for example getting a new damage spell at 32, then the next one at 42 {just throwing random numbers out there}, I would expect from level 38-41 that the 32 nuke would seem weak.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:40 AM   #5
Boli32

Loremaster

Just to show you a difference higlighed by the OP poster."starnova" at Adept 1 @ INT 210 does 800-1.1k damage"starbusrt" (the previous spell in the line I have at Master 1 at INT 217... it does 800-1k at lvl 38I've concentrated more in the INT role rather than the INT/WIS role (217 / 111) and already that has highlighted how relative the damage is - I do as much damage as he does 12 levels lower becasue I concentrated in that area.Its all relative.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:00 AM   #6
Pucswift

Loremaster

how much power do you have at 38.. i dont remember that far back loli have i believe almost 3700 buffed at 50  and i dont have real great equipment nothing legendary or raided

boli wrote:Just to show you a difference higlighed by the OP poster."starnova" at Adept 1 @ INT 210 does 800-1.1k damage"starbusrt" (the previous spell in the line I have at Master 1 at INT 217... it does 800-1k at lvl 38I've concentrated more in the INT role rather than the INT/WIS role (217 / 111) and already that has highlighted how relative the damage is - I do as much damage as he does 12 levels lower becasue I concentrated in that area.Its all relative.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:36 AM   #7
Boli32

Loremaster

1.8k power give or take a few - its sufficient for my needs but lately its been stinging me and I really need more but I'm nearing the end of t4 so if I gather enough coin together I should have some nice upgrades waiting for me when I hit 40 - I have no desire to slow down on my "least +7 int more each level" goal but I'll be concentrating more on WIS now as well.MY equipement is all treasured and a few legendary items thrown in pretty much your average fury these days I really need to get some better income coming in soon 2g a day is nothing.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #8
Pucswift

Loremaster

boli wrote:1.8k power give or take a few - its sufficient for my needs but lately its been stinging me and I really need more but I'm nearing the end of t4 so if I gather enough coin together I should have some nice upgrades waiting for me when I hit 40 - I have no desire to slow down on my "least +7 int more each level" goal but I'll be concentrating more on WIS now as well.MY equipement is all treasured and a few legendary items thrown in pretty much your average fury these days I really need to get some better income coming in soon 2g a day is nothing.
that'll change once you hit the SS  =)
Old 03-08-2006, 11:04 PM   #9
Kaknya

Tester

what i really hate is that as a paladin/guardian/berserker.. you can do the beetle armor  quests on the ramp up to the desert from the beach in SS. A complete set, all pretty much better then imbued fulginate,was what i used on my paladin up to 55.. decent stats, and lvl 50.. And there's nothing like this for us? One of the drawbacks of playing on the test server, rarely find books or armor on the broker.
Cristiana 73 Illusionist of Test Server
Kaknya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #10
andychan666

My Fury is Lv63 now, INT / WIS are 388, 402.

Then i can make a Single DD about 1.1k - 1.9k (Adept 3), AE about 1.4k - 1.9k (Adept 3). Hope it can for your reference.

andychan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:23 PM   #11
DevilsEnvy

Loremaster

I've found that the KoS expansion provides many items with +WIS and +INT.  While self buffing Master 1 Ferine Vim, I can get my INT/WIS to about 450 each.  This makes the Fury class a whole ton of fun to play.  Tons of power and better dps than any other healer class.  Master 2 Starnova, max damage around 2200 and over 3k when I crit.

DevilsEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:40 AM   #12
Incor

So it is safe to say that the Fury stays on par with what it is the first 32 levels? Gets no worse, but possibly better?

Old 03-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
Boli32

Loremaster

If you are willing to invest time in +INT gear; and don't need to concentrate on  healing (such as you arn't the only healer in the group); then yes our damage gets better.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:49 PM   #14
Aarrno

Loremaster

DevilsEnvy wrote:
I've found that the KoS expansion provides many items with +WIS and +INT.  While self buffing Master 1 Ferine Vim, I can get my INT/WIS to about 450 each.  This makes the Fury class a whole ton of fun to play.  Tons of power and better dps than any other healer class.  Master 2 Starnova, max damage around 2200 and over 3k when I crit.

shhhh.....before the wardens come and start whining :smileymad: