EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
Carmelio

Loremaster

8 Points in Spell Crits = 28% Spell Crits + 7% from the starter AA (If you have a hammer, mace, or greathammer equipped) = 35% Spell Crits.Spell Crits Rock!!  Chose my AE Master 2 at level 64 does up to 2418 with maxed int and when it crits you can get hits for over 3k with it.I've even got a hit for 4.3k when the mob i hit was dispatched by a brigand. Although I'll be respecin my aa's once my guild starts raiding t7, it was a ton of fun leveling to 70 with this setup!Pickme (70 Fury / 60 Jeweler) Blackburrow
Carmelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
tomboz

Loremaster

Yeah =D

I did the same too, I just made a critical hit for 3987 points of dmg yesterday with my AOE, that's just niiice =D
tomboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
MaNiaGG

Loremaster

Just one question:Where can I respec and what does it cost me?
MaNiaGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
Poops

If you're from Qeynos you can respec in South Qeynos, in the mage tower, red portal I believe.  It costs very little.. a silver I think.. the first time.  Then it goes up in price.  I believe the 6th time it costs 10p or something?

Mystral

Poops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #5
Druid03

Loremaster

and if u'r from freeport its in the arcane science building.....bottom floor
Old 03-08-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
Goozman

Loremaster

my question is, why would you respec? :smileytongue: Nothing else is very worthwhile, may as well be a partial dps participant in raids.

Message Edited by Goozman on 03-07-200608:30 PM

Old 03-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
Korrupt-W

General

because ur primarily a healer on raids... which is your most important role..
Old 03-08-2006, 06:15 PM   #8
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Yes Im not going into aa lines where the good part is the end aa im moving down sta and int and its ok like the incr dmg and heal crits might go halfway down 3lines or go all the way down sta and max out spell dmg crits not sure yet.

Ive respecced already I had my int line almost maxxed out and have moved some pts in the sta line as I ddidnt like putting 1pt on extra sta etc. etc. rather get to the good aa's instantly.

Wouldve liked to check charm out but its crap as there are too few mobs to charm in the end game atm, fusion sounded nice too but yeah its not much use other than in some groups, tortoise shell hmm sanctuary but then stand 3m from your mt nice taking the ae dmg stunning yourself.

Rebirth sounds nice the entire wis line aa is crap tho and if I die an dont get rezzed withing oets say 5-10 secs by our pally/dirge/necro theres something very wrong and about to call for a whipe.

Serenity sounds ok might get that one or as I said go down 3 lines partially

Old 03-08-2006, 08:15 PM   #9
Bulzie

Loremaster

Carm what spell line is the crit path on?
Bulzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:22 PM   #10
Owlbe

General

Int line has the spell crits in it.

Gunnulf Ravenrune- Barbarian Mystic

Asheda Soulscar- Kerra Bruiser

Owlbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #11
Nirvy

Loremaster

For any Levelling Fury  the int line is by far the best, more int for damage, +28% spell crits, it makes solo-ing a million times easier. For someone lvl 70 already maybe its not worth it.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:11 AM   #12
Goozman

Loremaster

Nirvy wrote:For any Levelling Fury  the int line is by far the best, more int for damage, +28% spell crits, it makes solo-ing a million times easier. For someone lvl 70 already maybe its not worth it.

It's still worth it.

And to the other guy... OMG Thanks for letting me know what my primary role is... This whole year and a half I've been so confused... With that said, please explain to me how INT aa's compromise my healing at all. The Int line has the most benefits that are noticeable, all other lines have maybe 1 neat skill. When the heal crit aa raises it to 30%+, lemme know, otherwise I'll be raiding just fine with the INT line and probably being a lot more effective than you

Old 03-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #13
Carmelio

Loremaster

After respecing a couple times I decided to go with spell crits...

My first respec I tried out the heal crits...At level 8 in this ability you have an extra 16% chance to get a critical on any heal or regen, stacked with your starter aa thats around 20% heal crits...After playing around with this for a couple hours I was pretty disappointed, the heal crits just didnt seem to come up as often as I had expected.  Sometimes my regens would crit when the tank was near full health resulting in crits for less than 100.  In the two hours that I messed around with this, I got about 10 crits off back into the fray & natures elixir for around 1800 - 2000ish.  My regens seemed to crit the most, resulting in 488 per tic off the master 2 level 54 regen (untamed bloodflow) which is normally only 375 per tic.

My second respec I tried out the strength line...At level 8 in the melee proc group heal special, you have a 16% chance to proc a 445point group heal.  To maximize the effectiveness of the skill I used a sword with a 1.2 second delay so that I could use the haste melee ability earlier in the line (gives 26% haste for 20 seconds with 4 levels in it if you hit with the melee attack (30 second recast)).  Although I was attacking like a madman, crazy seeing myself swing so fast (double attacks work nicely here), I was rarely procing the group heal and even when I did it didnt really seem to make a big difference.   Add in the fact that you probably wont be able to stay in and melee on most raid mobs because of ae's that one shot you...

So i respeced back to Spell Crits, I do a lot of dps on raids (although not very much on harder boss fights) so I can see where we can get a lot of use out of the spell crits, for instance going into Lord Vyemm's Laboratory, I pretty much nuke away at anything but the nameds (there are tons more trash encounters then nameds)

I'm still not certain if I want to go for the last ability in the wisdom line or if I want to go for the heal crits, still trying to make up my mind.  I know that sometimes I wish I had that last ability (Full raid wipes in a zone where you cant revive inside)...

Pickme (70 Fury / 62 Jeweler) Blackburrow

Message Edited by Carmelio on 03-09-200612:50 AM

Carmelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:30 PM   #14
DevilsEnvy

Loremaster

Hey Pickme,

Thanks for passing along your experiences with the different AA lines.  I tend to agree with you about the last ability in the INT line not being worth much and going for heal crits after you max out damage crits.  I think that the STR line would be lots of fun, but not for a Fury in a raiding guild.

DevilsEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #15
nodaisho

Loremaster

so you are sure it only does 35% added crit? the SK one does more than that, but I guess it makes sense, as fury normally has quite a bit more DPS than SK so having more crits than that would be too powerful.
nodaisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:41 PM   #16
SgtSplatter

Loremaster

Hey guys, all good stuff in this thread.

I see multiple people seeing no value in the Stormcaller AA (last one in the INT aa line).

Here is a tip.

Pull up your Elixir Spell, this would be one of the first heals you get in the game.  It only has a cost to use of 3.

Now you are not pulling this heal up to heal...you are pulling this heal up to kick off Infusion.

In a fight where you run out of power to use your nukes, hit that Elixir and your Infusion will go off with full force every time.  It's saved my booty more than once.

I also went to down the WIS aa line and love having re-birth.  Not only has it saved the entire group in an instance but also is beneficial in pvp battles (I'm on Nagafen).  Multiple times I have been pvp'd then re-birthed and grabbed my chest, got all my money and token back.  Then of course they killed me again, which I don't care because they get nothing, no fame, no money....gotta love it!  Re-birth is most useful though when you have to kill to get deep in a zone with re-spawns happening behind you...you and your team die, you rez...beautiful thing.

I tried the Stamina line and hated the fact that I lost a ton of damage on my spells (switched off the INT line)  I also got interrupted more than ever, since the INT line as an interupt decreaser...

SgtSplatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:08 AM   #17
Tokam

General

nodaisho wrote:
so you are sure it only does 35% added crit? the SK one does more than that, but I guess it makes sense, as fury normally has quite a bit more DPS than SK so having more crits than that would be too powerful.

!!!

What SKs have you been grouping with, and did you vim / agitate them?

edit: crappy html