EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
sorinev

Loremaster

Just want to say that I dinged 65 earlier and got Call of Storms off the broker. It's an okay spell, effect wise.But graphically, it is F*ING [Removed for Content]. That is all. I'll try to get a screenshot, if no one else does first. Absolutely favorite spell. I only wish the recast was shorter and duration was longer so I could just stand there watching it over and over.
90 Brigand, 90 Armorer

LU13 Fury bandwagon FTL.
sorinev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
Tige

General

sorinev wrote:
Just want to say that I dinged 65 earlier and got Call of Storms off the broker. It's an okay spell, effect wise.But graphically, it is F*ING [Removed for Content]. That is all. I'll try to get a screenshot, if no one else does first. Absolutely favorite spell. I only wish the recast was shorter and duration was longer so I could just stand there watching it over and over.

SInce it is an AE Spell of Magic, is it on the same timer as Starnova, since Nova is AE also? If not, that be so cool as we can dish out even more DMG and now have an extra casting spell. I still have 1 level to go to get it.

Tige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
sorinev

Loremaster

It is on it's own timer. It is 3 seconds to cast, lasts for 16 seconds, and has a recast of 4 minutes. It has an effect radius of 15m. You are stunned for the duration of the spell (can be toggled off) and each second, the mobs in the area have a chance to be hit for about 460-540 or something damage at adept 1 (I saw a screenshot somewhere and at master 1 it does around 700). Ring of fire does much, much more, but call of storms just looks SO awesome.
90 Brigand, 90 Armorer

LU13 Fury bandwagon FTL.
sorinev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:52 AM   #4
catweaver

Loremaster

I just got this also and I have the adept 1 version so far - and I *LOVE* it.  The first time I cast it I thought, oh it'll be something like a thunderbolt or two but the clouds and such roiling with such fierceness!  I've been casting ring of fire and then hibernate and CoS to do some nice damage with the heal thrown in while I'm stunned.

And I'm not sure if I was seeing things or not, but it seemed as if the STA stun-block worked against the CoS stun - I wasn't really sure because I'd been up late playing and was pretty tired so I might have just mistimed it.

Lubij, Ethereal Legacy
65 Fury

catweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #5
IveDefected

Loremaster

Just had the Master one drop today does about 618-755 (my int at 63 is 300, so ive got a lil whiel to go befor i use it)
IveDefected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
StixxliteAZ

Loremaster

DONT KEEP US IN SUSPENCE!!!!   Where did it drop and from what mob ????I'm just about to ding 64 and saw someone Cast this.   It's Looks F*'ing Cool
StixxliteAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
Quiet Wand

This spell looks really nice, I used it in Gates last night to take out the purple guys and sadly it hit the one mob, one time... It did a bit better the next cast but this spell hit % is kind of low, lol. My spell is only at adept at the moment so that probably effecting the hit chance. At adept 1 does 530-628 damage at about 390 int.

But then my guild like "omg what was that dark cloud of death? any one see that?" I'm like that the lvl 65 Fury spell =)
Quiet Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #8
Poops

Wave Qwie.  How's Defiant 2.0 doing?  Smoky still playing?

Mystral

Poops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:00 AM   #9
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Just got changed to a 3 minute reuse timer is that bad?

only level 40 here.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=stat&message.id=267&jump=true

- Fury: Call of Storms now has a 3 minute reuse timer.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:06 AM   #10
IveDefected

Loremaster

StixxliteAZ wrote:DONT KEEP US IN SUSPENCE!!!!   Where did it drop and from what mob ????I'm just about to ding 64 and saw someone Cast this.   It's Looks F*'ing Cool

hahahah Honestly it dropped off of Trash in Scaleborn SMILEY
Old 03-03-2006, 02:15 AM   #11
Kendricke

Loremaster

We picked up the Master I for this on a random third wave group in the Nest of the Great Egg last night.  We've guildbanked it for the first of our Furies to reach 65 and spend points.

* -Opinions expressed in this post do not represent any current or past employers.
Kendricke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:42 AM   #12
StixxliteAZ

Loremaster

OK, I've had 4 trash mobs drop Masters for me this last weekend, but none for furys
StixxliteAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
Yarginis

General

Odd thing is i still show a 4 min reuse timer even though they say they changed it to 3.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #14
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

The gfx rock, the idea of this spell rocks, but the dmg it does is very situational and Im ok with that a bit they need to up the % a bit as yeah it sometimes nukes only once while fighting a group of 6 mobs for instance etc. the dmg potential is great but altho its a dmg spell and yes we are healers this spell has to be inline with other dmg spells of other classes imo: so Id say remove the stun/up the % or up the dmg a bit/or add some beneficial effect maybe some kind of +elemental mitig?.

What im trying to say is yes we are healers and we shouldnt be doing as much damage as wizards but as this ancient spell does only dmg and doesnt give any beneficial effect it should be inline with the other dmg ancients imo.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #15
Goozman

Loremaster

I agree, dewd. the damage isnt nearly enough to warrant being stunned. They've seriously got to remove that.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:08 AM   #16
Quiet Wand

I tried counting the times stormbolt is casted, I'm only getting 10 casts? I don't use it much unless I'm in a group to get the "Omg, what just happened?" or when i'm waiting for Starnova to recast =/

We are doing pretty good=) Smoky still plays.
Quiet Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #17
Meattray

Loremaster

I have got this spell nowthe spell effect is awsomethe spell sounds like it can do some damagebut when i first used it on orange mobs 3-4 times it did not hit orange mobs once adept1so i tried it on yellow mobs and it hits sometimes only once on a mob of 3on average i see it hit 2-6 times, once and only once i think i saw it hit 10 times on a mob of 3-4the chance to do damage is very low, does not encourge me to upgrade or use this spell.
Meattray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #18
IveDefected

Loremaster

i used it last night ..Yargi...it has a 3 min recast...so we are good there...I used it a few times just to check it outin a fight with 4 or less...it hit maybe 3-4 times....in a fight with 5 or more..it hit maybe 3-4 time...solo...once...so i think it has a better chance to hit the more mobs you are up against...but yeah the stun either needs to go away or they need tobring the hit % up.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:48 AM   #19
Despa

General

I got a master of this spell...should ding 65 in the next couple days, will let you all know how much it hits.

-Despaired

Despa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #20
IveDefected

Loremaster

ive the master as well it was hitting for 754..when it hit SMILEY
Old 03-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #21
Poops

Ya I only really use it when we're grinding and the tank has pulled so many mobs he can't engage anymore, because its a true ae and will have a chance to hit any of them, or on a raid so e1 says .. ooooo cool graphic.  Otherwise its worthless.  The ring of fire does more dmg and you're not stunned.  (When I say does more dmg - its hits everything its near EVERY time, so does more dmg over time)

/wave Smoky

Mystral

Poops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #22
Kbais

Loremaster

Question about this spell.  Is the damage done a maximum  combined total  or does it have the possibility of hitting each mob for this total with each strike.  Or does it spread that amount of damage over the aoe with each strike?  And based on the above posts I am grinding hard my last 60% to level 65 to get this spell.
Kbais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #23
IveDefected

Loremaster

it is a random chance to hit one mob for its ranges damage...at a time. i hope it gets a little fix.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:07 AM   #24
Gertack_v2

Loremaster

Keep it on your hotbar for the pretty graphics.Otherwise it is a piece of utter trash. (Reminds me of our AA's, in fact.)
Gertack_v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #25
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Id advise everyone to /bug it and keep threads like this and the one on the spells and combart arts page alive, this spell needs a fix.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:14 AM   #26
IveDefected

Loremaster

i dunno if its me or not....but there seems to have been a stealth fix cuz i was hitting multiple targets  last night almost every other strike. for around 750  it woudl even crit for like 1k. I got excited.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:39 AM   #27
Goozman

Loremaster

It still sucks for me most of the time. I can occasionally pull off good numbers when the tank pulls dozens of mobs.

What I think should happen to the spell~ 1m recast, 3s cast, 10s duration, every second the storm will strike 1 mob in area effect and have a 25% chance to cast on a second mob, then a 6% chance to strike a third, and so on... Also, it uses power every second.

This way it gaurantees about 7000 damage per cast with the potential for more. I honestly think this spell should be in line with some of the damage spells that dps classes get, it shouldn't be half-[Removed for Content]. If we sacrifice any methods of damage prevention, be they from mitigation buffs and heavy armor, roots, damabe absorbtion spells, we should have dps to compensate... not subpar (but good for priests!) damage, but actual respectable damage.

In KOS more than ever, I've had the weaknesses of the Fury class slap me in the face, not being able to mitigate incoming damage, and relying solely on spam casting incredibly weak heals (and even relying on group heals to keep the tank alive) is becoming increasingly difficult as mobs grow exponentially in power; and our dps is pathetic in comparison to the value of these tools we lack. We either need some new method of helping our primary role of priest or we need dps that is actually respectable. Making call of storms a valuable and powerful spell might just do that.

Message Edited by Goozman on 03-07-200601:41 PM

Old 03-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #28
Hushg

I dont know what you are doing Goozman to have so much trouble healing in KoS. I was pretty much the only healer in the group killing ^^^'s 4 levels above the MT on my way to dinging 70 earlier today. Group heals are a druids strength so obviously they should be cast. Our power pool is insane so I suggest using it to its full extent. As far as our 65 (fluff spell) Call of Storms  is nice to look at but totally and completly useless. Either the stun effect needs to be removed or the hit % needs to be increased to around 70% for adept1, 80% for adept3 and 90% for master1. Otherwise casting this spell severly reduces our dps and prevents us from healing for the duration of its futility. I honestly believe this is the worst class specific 65 spell in the game by far. Did I mention that Wizards get a 7-10k aoe nuke and Mystics get a spell that increases all atributes (including hit points) of target by 20% for 36 seconds with only a 1 min recast.

All fury's must bug report this spell to make it on par with what other classes received.

Did I mention that our AA's are pathetic?

Furious  70 Fury       Butcherblock    

Message Edited by Hushguy on 03-08-200603:34 AM

Message Edited by Hushguy on 03-08-200603:35 AM

Hushg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:43 PM   #29
Formangenavn

Loremaster

Hushguy wrote:

I dont know what you are doing Goozman to have so much trouble healing in KoS. I was pretty much the only healer in the group killing ^^^'s 4 levels above the MT on my way to dinging 70 earlier today. Group heals are a druids strength so obviously they should be cast. Our power pool is insane so I suggest using it to its full extent. As far as our 65 (fluff spell) Call of Storms  is nice to look at but totally and completly useless. Either the stun effect needs to be removed or the hit % needs to be increased to around 70% for adept1, 80% for adept3 and 90% for master1. Otherwise casting this spell severly reduces our dps and prevents us from healing for the duration of its futility. I honestly believe this is the worst class specific 65 spell in the game by far. Did I mention that Wizards get a 7-10k aoe nuke and Mystics get a spell that increases all atributes (including hit points) of target by 20% for 36 seconds with only a 1 min recast.

All fury's must bug report this spell to make it on par with what other classes received.

Did I mention that our AA's are pathetic?

Furious  70 Fury       Butcherblock    

Message Edited by Hushguy on 03-08-200603:34 AM

Message Edited by Hushguy on 03-08-200603:35 AM

HAHAHA. That is so funny I just couldnt resist posting. You truly made my day :smileyvery-happy:

63 Warden.

Formangenavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #30
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Well yes I wouldnt say the worst but it isnt hot either how would you like to be stunned for 16 secs every 3 mins to hit mobs for 600 dmg? or 3000 if youre lucky?
So read up before you start your trolling.