EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #91
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Ring of Repulsion no longer functions in PVP combat.

Reason for this being removed from PvP combat? It's hardly a 1k ward in PVP. Some classes have regenerating wards that heal more than that during fights. Kind of a joke nerf if you're leaving raid procs and such untouched.

Agreed this was yet another unneeded fix.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #92
Beko
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Please make sure the NPC stays inside the Champion's Respite available for all players when it goes live, there are a couple of items that are on it that many players who participate in battlegrounds would like to buy, and there are also items that we could purchase for appearance as well.

It would be greatly unbalanced if this was otherwise, not really for 92 PvP, but for 1-89 PvP.

Beko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #93
Daalilama

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Please make sure the NPC stays inside the Champion's Respite available for all players when it goes live, there are a couple of items that are on it that many players who participate in battlegrounds would like to buy, and there are also items that we could purchase for appearance as well.

It would be greatly unbalanced if this was otherwise, not really for 92 PvP, but for 1-89 PvP.

So basiclly your asking to have access to gear that was designed for the pvp servers be granted to all regardless of server designation.  I'm not sure if thats currently allowed (havent been bored that much for easy comical bg kills) if it is remove it if it isnt then keep it that way....too many want access to the benefits of a pvp server while staying on a pve server.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #94
Beko

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So basiclly your asking to have access to gear that was designed for the pvp servers be granted to all regardless of server designation.  I'm not sure if thats currently allowed (havent been bored that much for easy comical bg kills) if it is remove it if it isnt then keep it that way....too many want access to the benefits of a pvp server while staying on a pve server.

Um.. so pvpers need an advantage over pveers?  I don't think you guys are that bad.

The level 80 gear not being available to players would be a huge gear disadvantage, they moved it to champion's respite for a reason. I'm just hoping to stay there.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #95
Daalilama

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Um.. so pvpers need an advantage over pveers?  I don't think you guys are that bad.

The level 80 gear not being available to players would be a huge gear disadvantage, they moved it to champion's respite for a reason. I'm just hoping to stay there.

Hey either roll or move to naggy or dont but either way if you dont play on the pvp server you are not entitled to the benefits of being on a pvp server...btw the advantage we have is we rolled on pvp servers not a blue server we have dealt with years upon years of ignored pvp changes and problems (some of which were never done simply because the blue server population freaks out whenever test has pvp changes on it).

You have not earned the right to the vintage wears (BG's) do not count in any sort of way...next.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #96
Beko

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Hey either roll or move to naggy or dont but either way if you dont play on the pvp server you are not entitled to the benefits of being on a pvp server...btw the advantage we have is we rolled on pvp servers not a blue server we have dealt with years upon years of ignored pvp changes and problems (some of which were never done simply because the blue server population freaks out whenever test has pvp changes on it).

You have not earned the right to the vintage wears (BG's) do not count in any sort of way...next.

Actually they are trying to make them the same, notice how we get the same gear now, and I want a developers opinion, I think everything should be fair, just because you think you deserve better gear doesn't mean thats whats intended.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #97
Daalilama

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Actually they are trying to make them the same, notice how we get the same gear now, and I want a developers opinion, I think everything should be fair, just because you think you deserve better gear doesn't mean thats whats intended.

To give the pve servers access to the vintage wears is the same thing as implementing gear seperation...just another swipe at the pvp server and given that bluebies are asking for it and knowing past experiences with devs giving into to whining from bluebies with regards to carebear aka BG's I wouldnt be suprised they didnt give them to you...still doesnt make it right....

Old 07-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #98
Talathion
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Dear Devs.

Can you add old SF Effects like: Stonewill I/II/III, Fatal Lifetap, Blood Ritual to newer gear and cap it so you can only have 1 of these effects at a time? Renewing Bulwark as Well.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #99
Ddean16

Lord

Im kind of annoyed because for the longest time Punishments hasnt worked in pvp. In T4 no one even bothers to play Inqs because their healing is so bad, Id like to see Punishments fixed for pvp or changed into something useful, not just left broken. Just my input as I play an inq and I cant heal for crap and with Punishments id be atleast useful.

Ddean16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #100
Roald

Loremaster

Can I just reiterate the point that the player casting bar SHOULD NOT ever make it live on PvP servers. This is a completely game breaking change that I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on.

You'll undo a lot of good these changes make if you give the players the ability to see what everyone is casting. This has never been an issue in PvP, never been asked for, please do not try to fix what is not broken.

Please confirm this is just a test server feature.

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #101
Daalilama

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Can I just reiterate the point that the player casting bar SHOULD NOT ever make it live on PvP servers. This is a completely change breaking change that I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on.

You'll undo a lot of good these changes make if you give the players the ability to see what everyone is casting. This has never been an issue in PvP, never been asked for, please do not try to fix what is not broken.

Please confirm this is just a test server feature.

My guess is certain bluebie's need help in carebear land aka battlegrounds.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #102
Delethen
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Arch of Chaos

Loremaster

Its a bad idea in BGs even, really didn't like it when I saw it on test.  However you get the impression it's one of those things they are going to run with regardless.

Delethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #103
Roald

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Its a bad idea in BGs even, really didn't like it when I saw it on test.  However you get the impression it's one of those things they are going to run with regardless.

Yea, I get that impression too. Every single person I have spoken to thinks it's a bad idea.

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #104
Notsovilepriest
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain

Loremaster

When I talked to Dev guy about that he said it was intentional and he didn't seem to open to changing it really. I tried to tell him that any ability you needed to know was being cast had a pronounced animation anyways and interupting those abilities was what seperated good from bad.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #105
Balrok

Loremaster

PvP Feedback on targeting changes.http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=520320

Give this thread some attention.  This thread has too many topics and too many pages to get any dev focus... it's worse then you think, as you can also see what the enemy is targeting and heal thru the enemy's target. 

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #106
Daalilama

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

PvP Feedback on targeting changes.http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=520320

Give this thread some attention.  This thread has too many topics and too many pages to get any dev focus... it's worse then you think, as you can also see what the enemy is targeting and heal thru the enemy's target. 

The phrase stuck on stupid comes to mind on this issue.