EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
Mystfit

Loremaster

TOday while checking on my stats I noticed my avoidance on my level 53 Fury is 23% (25% with shield) Gee, I suck. How can I raise this stat?
Old 03-24-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
Meeker

Up your Agility. Shields and Agility are the things that effect avoidance. I tend to go for Mitigation, Wisdom, and Intlligence on my aromor and Agility and whever else i can get on my jewlery. It helps alot.
Meeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
Goozman

Loremaster

Trust me, avoidance is lame. I got 43% with this uber shiled from the vaults, and I still have to try several times to get a nuke off against a single green solo mob. If I take it off and use a 2 hander, I don't notice anything. Maybe I'll parse to see exactly how it changes.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
kcirrot

Loremaster

Pre LU13 and another LU that nerfed AGI, Furies could get unreasonable levels of avoidance.  Near what Monks can do now.  Monks never got hit at all if well built.  :smileytongue:

One of the stated goals of LU13 was to make it so that Avoidance wasn't so powerful and to make it so that defensive order went from Tanks > Scouts > Priests > Mages.  One of the things the whining Templars forget is that Furies lost a lot of defense in the LU to go along with the damage. 

kcirrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:22 PM   #5
Mystfit

Loremaster

For most of my run I hadn'tbeen using a shield repfering a two handed staff, but recently switched over to a shield. Last night I finsihed a quest where the reward was a charm that doens't use ranged slot forcing me to use it or a shield. I really wanna use the item and am not sure 2% of a stat THAT low already matters enough to give it a second thought SMILEY
Old 04-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #6
DevilsEnvy

Loremaster

The best way to improve your avoidance is to use a shield with a high protecton.  Agi will raise your avoidance, but it is very limited.  You would be better off focusing on other stats first.

DevilsEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #7
Sunlei

Loremaster

pre combat update, I had 53% avoidance while lvling to 50. I squeeked by gaining 50 a week  before the big nurfs. That 'combat revamp'dropped  my avoid.down to 30% which is about the avoidance I have now at lvl 62. Each time I leveled my avoidance drops a few percent..I can raise it up a few percent with gear upgrades. My agility is about 270ish and I wear NO cloth, only leather..I have a new shield with poor stats , however its a round shield with very high(for a fury shield) ..600ish? protection. Avoidance sits at 36%. yeah I know fury supposed to just use bucklers...its ugly anyways I look like I have a huge turtle shell on my back.... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogNNbdQnKcw

training housecall!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Q2wSAKIr4
Sunlei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:38 PM   #8
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Quite funny is this,

on the templar boards a templar posted that the witch shield which drops in vaults gives them +15% avoidance that same shield gives me +10% avoidance so yeah thats kind of weird.

In my normal gear i have around 37% avoidance the templar with that shield had 30% avoidance.

Dont know what he was wearing of course but it is quite funny imo, I dont know how avoidance for us druids work but it seems we have a negative penalty in upping our avoidance compared to some other classes (at least when protection gets upped we get less avoidance than templars for the same protection)

Old 04-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #9
Goozman

Loremaster

The shield gives me 15.3% block, mebe that's what he meant. My avoidance is 41% now and it still blows.

I'll never get over some of the less intelligent Templars saying "Druids get leather armor, so they get high avoidance and don't ever get interrupted." I mean... HELLO YOU CAN WEAR LEATHER TOO IF YOU WANT... but no one ever did...

Old 04-17-2006, 07:40 PM   #10
mystic5

General

My avoidance was around 65% at level 50 before the combat revamp.  After the revamp and now at level 70 it is 33%.  That SUCKS so much it defies description.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:44 AM   #11
Pins

General

quetzaqotl wrote:

Quite funny is this,

on the templar boards a templar posted that the witch shield which drops in vaults gives them +15% avoidance that same shield gives me +10% avoidance so yeah thats kind of weird.

In my normal gear i have around 37% avoidance the templar with that shield had 30% avoidance.

Dont know what he was wearing of course but it is quite funny imo, I dont know how avoidance for us druids work but it seems we have a negative penalty in upping our avoidance compared to some other classes (at least when protection gets upped we get less avoidance than templars for the same protection)

That's because of the mechanics of avoidance.  You have a base avoidance, which is rolled through first, and your base is higher than a templar, because you have leather armor, and more AGI buffs compared to their lack of AGI buffs and plate armor.  Then you roll through parry, you both have none.  Then it's rolled through block.  Now, if say you have 30% avoidance, and they have 23% avoidance before the shield is added, and the shield blocks for 15%.  Your new avoidance will be 40.5%, and their new avoidance will be 34.6%.  Thus, closing the gap in avoidance by a bit.  From the numbers you gave, it sounds like they have 17.6% base avoidance, and you have 25.9% base avoidance, thus why the numbers are showing up in the way they are.

Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest
Pins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #12
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Hm ok but a templar in hvy armor vs me in light armor having only an avoidance difference of 6% hmmm, ah well he mightve been wearing cloth as far as I know but this smells a bit fishy if its true that he hit 30% avoidance.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #13
enrique_to

I recognize I do not like soloing
But I think as a Raider is far more important for have the more power i can, the more power regen I can. And When I'm not in a RAID I like to have a hi INT so I can help nuking. Mainly If I'm not the only healer in the group.

So I do not mind having a low advoidance, I do not mind having a low value of agi. Cause I'm looking for WIS, and INT. That's are the main Fury atributes.

You have Primal spell line to increase you Streng and Agi. And you Have the Predator Spell line to increase you Agi and Stam. You can do as I did many time. I have to armor set with me. One for soloing and one for grouping (I had two sets now, One for raids and one for grouping)

But IMHO it's far more important for you to have a HI Power pool, so you need a Hi value in WIS. And a good power regen ratio. It's nice to have an hi INT value too. And that's all a Fury needs.

Sorry but English Is not my native languaje
enrique_to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:22 PM   #14
mystic5

General

Having a high power pool is fine, but if you can't get a spell off because you are getting interrupted then power is irrelevant.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:13 PM   #15
Igu

Loremaster

The Loss of Parry in the CU hurt a lot. You simply have to realize you will be hit and work with that in mind.
Igu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:12 AM   #16
mystic5

General

Exactly Igu.  This does not apply to raids, and is unusual in groups, but soloing you tank your own encounters.  Thus, you are getting beat on.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:20 AM   #17
Drumly

Loremaster

I'm not sure if I am even close to right, but that has never stopped me before. SMILEY

I've noticed that my avoidance (45%) seems to mean that I get hit less.  When I get those big chains of interupts they seem to be related to the dots that are on me.  I can be interupted casting a spell even after the mob is dead.  My resists are not nearly as good, so when certain dots are on me I am lucky to be able to fire off anything at all. 

Is the relationship between avoidance and interupts the biggest part here, or does anyone else notice the dots as being where we are getting hit?

This is just speculation on my play experience, not parsed out or anything, so I am just wondering.

Drumly

Aka The Tang

Message Edited by Drumly on 04-20-2006 05:21 PM

Drumly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:00 AM   #18
Ba

General

I notice a huuuuuuuuuge difference when I solo without a shield though. Much much harder to take on those heroics. Even if we do not great avoidance, we still get enough to make a BIG difference.
Ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:02 PM   #19
mystic5

General

Yeah, its pretty rediculous that we can't interrupt a mob with spell damage unless the spell we use is made just for that purpose, but they can interrupt us with a DoT.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:25 PM   #20
enrique_to

Ok, I recognize I'm used to be alwais on a group. I'm a healer. I do not use to have problems finding a group.

When soloing I do not find it too hard. Yes It's frustating the too hi numbers of interrups. But you have fast heals and you have regen. You should not have many problems soloing.

I actualy have a nice bucler (T7 rare bucler) that give me nice stats and I do not see a huge diference of have a symbol. May be there is a great diference but i do not see it.

It's funny cause If you wear a cloth armor your mitigation is lesser but your advoidance is greater, (That's cause some monks and bruisers have cloth armors, ok the less cause they have specific gi for their classes) so If you do not want to have so many interrups it's supose to be better wear cloth and remove all DoTs you have on.

I'm a Raiding Fury, I do not like to solo but I do not find too much touble soloing. Just I do not like it. I find far more ease and enjoyable to group. I can employ my full potential on a group and not soloing. That's all.

Message Edited by enrique_tome on 04-24-2006 04:26 AM

Sorry but English Is not my native languaje
enrique_to is offline   Reply With Quote