EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-31-2006, 03:54 PM   #31
Meattray

Loremaster

I am going to do my int line first to try it out have 24points atmI am most looking forward to Focus buf, disuption helps the the critical damage, having lots of fun with this line, will try some othere lines out.I will be keeping focus buffEdit: focus does help and lot with fizzles inturupts and so on, play a warlock you can cast alot more than a fury in combat

Message Edited by Meattray on 03-31-200602:58 AM

Meattray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:26 PM   #32
Owlbe

General

The more I look at the str line the more it intrigues me!

Free group heals!  How can that be bad in any way shape or form?  I'm not a big raider so I can melee 97% of the time without fear of aoe death.  I want to heal a tad better and do more damage to balance my Fury out.   The only lines that help healing  are str, sta, and agi.  The sta line is boring, requires a symbol and is more geared for defensive raiders and the crit heal is buried deep on the 4th line so thats not a option for my play style.  The agi line has the quicker regens which sounds interesting for burst damage BUT from everything I've read the charm animal/animal mez is pretty much a waste with the 3 conc cost and lack of charmable KoS subjects and again its buried deep on the 4th line.  The only viable option to increase potential healing (although unreliable but free) is the str line.  Going to try the str line and at least get the crits in the int line and maybe the +focus/disruption.  I hate wasting points but it looks like I'll have to waste the hammer thunderspike ability since a scimitar will be in my hand most times.

Question is.... how is the promordial strike?  What do you think would be better?  Get primordial strike or put a few points in to the stormvision for the focus and +disruption.  Leaning toward the stormvision over the primordial strike as the primoridal strike won't really help the natural boon procs fire off unlike the other previous skills in the str line with the double attacks and haste.  Less interupts and resists is probably greater than another melee attack I guess.

Message Edited by Omegarhino on 03-31-200611:06 AM

Gunnulf Ravenrune- Barbarian Mystic

Asheda Soulscar- Kerra Bruiser

Owlbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:47 AM   #33
Ashtu

I'm really torn here.

For me, the first line was a no-brainer.  I group exclusively so I took the stamina line for more healing effectiveness.  Priest first.

I will probably go down the int line for more damage next, but darnit i WANT that self-rez AA under wisdom!  Argh!

Message Edited by Ashtura on 04-03-200603:51 PM

Ashtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:02 PM   #34
DevilsEnvy

Loremaster

Well, I'm currently sitting with int at 4/4/8/8 and str at 4/4/2 and plan to continue with str line until I've maxed out the heal proc and dbl attack.  People should not under estimate the int line.  With max crits and max disruption, you are nuking at 8 levels higher than your own, which will seriously reduce the resists and fizzles.  Further, when you think about it, the 40 extra focus will work very well with the str line while dueling or soloing... less interupts.  The only other useful AA line was heal crits, but 16% chance just seems low for using 8 points and having to go through all the other crap in the line to get there... just doesn't appeal to me.

DevilsEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:06 PM   #35
Cale2281

Lord

I just hit 26 points yesterday and I went Wis all the way down to get the Rebirth ability and I really like it in Raid situations. 5 secs usually is enough time for the reset so you don't double die and I seem to pop back with as much power as I had when I died so it can be pretty useful. The hate reduction has made a noticeable decrease in having to use thorns so that turned out to be more useful than I thought.  Now I die less and pop back when I do.  No more worrying about feathers.  It would be nice to have Hierophant title too.

I think my next line will be Stamina for the crit heals but I'm not all that impressed with any of the other end of line abilities.

Cale2281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:27 PM   #36
mystic5

General

I am at 4/4/8/8 in Strength.  My 445 point heal proc goes off about 3-4 times in an average length fight.  The side effect of this line is it actually makes you do decent meelee damage.  I have 29 points (4 to boost agility) and I am starting the In line for Crit nukes.  Once I max those out I will use the remainder of the 50 to boost my stats.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #37
Excalibre33

General

Has anyone actually ever tested the AGI line?

I've been considering respecing and playing with this line in t5 and t6 as I know of a lot of good 'aminal hunting spots in these tiers. I was also intrigued by the AoE prevention but the timers seem to be geared to it being useless in raiding and definitely not a good alternative to 'olschool jousting (one and a half minutes of dark recast is just a little high for this to be a raid capable ability)... although every other AoE the MT group Fury could stand toe2toe with the MT and save a little recovery time on a poor joust.

I just don't know if I want to bother with this and have almost talked myself out of it... but I will be forced to test it if no one has any REAL experience with the AGI line as it's just so intriguing.

EDITED: I can't believe I missed this post on the AGI line LOL: http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=17&message.id=12365&jump=true
Sorry for the off topic blabber everyone. I still think animal charming is '[Removed for Content] awesome for druids and will need to get it just for the RP factor. I don't care about being uber anymore. ;p

Message Edited by Excalibre3377 on 04-20-2006 03:52 PM

Old 04-21-2006, 07:05 PM   #38
mystic5

General

I have tested the Agility line all the way to 2 points in Animal charm.  IF you can find an animal its kinda cool, but hardly worth the investment you need to make in points to get that far.  I have to admit that I miss the way AAs were done in EQ1.  I actually liked that system.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #39
Yarginis

General

My plan is different than most people, i think only one other person has said anything similar. Not 100% sure I'm sticking with this, but so far it's pretty cool.My final loadout will be:       1STA : WIS   4        4   4        5   4        4   8        8             1 (8 pts)I went down wis to 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 -1 (8 pts) First to get the rez upon death. Now I am going down the STA to max crit-heal, then I will come back and toss 4 more into the 4th wis line (threat reduction) then put the final point into the AE root/de-root. (To get the de-root cure high enough to cure all root effects) The only thing I dislike about this order is the fact that my crit-heal boost is coming so late. (at 35 aa's now and still need 2 more points before i can even start upping it) The autp rez i have gone over in my head about a dozen times trying to decide if it's really worth it. I origionally intended it for raiding, but I am finding it is really far more of a benefit in groups or 2x raiding than in a full 4x raid. (I'm generally better than most at avoiding AE's in raid, so by the time I die it's because it's a wipe anyways) However in groups, expesially the crazy groups that like to mass-train, the self rez is amazing and has saved having to start over in Palace or Accent many times.The threat reduction is also nice in situations where we are fighting 3, sometimes more, encounters at once and the tank has trouble keeping enough taunt on them all to keep them off the healers. In these situations I'm usually healing the most by far due to the regen constantly ticking for full ammount + a greater # of instant heals, and our group healing efficiency since there's often at least 1 mob occasionally breaking from the tank, and therefore generating less hate allows me a little more leeway before i pop aggro from one of the non-focus encounters. If I didn't stick with the self-rez and wisdom line, I'd probably go 4 - 4 - 4- 8 STA, and 4 - 4 - 8 - 8 INT, with the rest undecided, but so far keeping the Wis line is winning out. The HoT tick increase down the AGI line has potential, but without focusing enough points there to get the AE protection, there's nothing else in that line that appeals. And as it it, the 10 second duration fit's in quite well with my normal cast pattern. (It goes really well with the 10 second delay for hibernation, and those 2 are my 1-2 order for pre-pull and general fight maintinence. The quicker duration would be nice at times, but there are other times when I almost with it lasted longer. (Such as when i case it before useing Urchin) That line is another possibility if I don't stick with the Wis self-rez, but it's not extremely high on my list. (Although the more i parse my heals and see how much of my healing really comes from the HoT, the more i consider it.The STR line is actually the only one I really haven't put any consideration into what-so-ever. Even though I tend to melee often, (To max Fae Pyre's efficiency mostly) it doesn't really appeal to me. Meleeing is more of a bonus than something to focus on, and in 4x raid sit's there are almost no times when you want anyone in melee range unless they have to be. I have trained myself to be very efficient at avoiding AE's, it's counter-intuitive to spend my AA points in a fasion that would force my back into AE danger.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:19 PM   #40
Preir

General

8 Wild Regeneration 8 Critical Healing 8 Serenity 2 Wisdombut thinking about - 4 Wild Regeneration 6 Critical Healing 8 Serenity and 8 Tortoise Shell

Message Edited by Preiros on 04-23-2006 12:05 PM

Preir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:59 PM   #41
BaruMonk

General

Yargnit wrote:My plan is different than most people, i think only one other person has said anything similar. Not 100% sure I'm sticking with this, but so far it's pretty cool.My final loadout will be:        1 STA : WIS    4        4    4        5    4        4    8        8              1 (8 pts)
My thinking is along these lines, too. I haven't even gotten my first AA point yet on this toon (just dinged 19), but I easily see myself going 4-4-4-4-1 in WIS first.

After that, it's a question of whether I want to slog through the STA line to get to the heal crits for grouping, or focus on DPS with the STR line for soloing.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:10 AM   #42
Yarginis

General

BaruMonkey wrote:My thinking is along these lines, too. I haven't even gotten my first AA point yet on this toon (just dinged 19), but I easily see myself going 4-4-4-4-1 in WIS first. After that, it's a question of whether I want to slog through the STA line to get to the heal crits for grouping, or focus on DPS with the STR line for soloing.
I have seen what the +to Crit heal bonus's from Bards and Enchanter's AA line does to me (they have group bonus's) and I must say, I was absolutely amazed. And our self buff will be even higher than that. I just wish I had enough AA pts to go down the Int line to max crit nukes as well, but at times we need every last bit of extra staying alive power we get, and the wis line is huge in that regard. The self-rez and the threat gain reduction are of course fairly obvious in how they would help, but the AE root is also a huge help for staying alive. When I pull to much aggro and have already used my de-taunt, i just go stand on the tank and cast my AE root. (I set up a hotkey to quickly switch to my staff) While note quite as effective as the detaunt, I have had this save my life many times.For example, we were screwing around in Sanctum with a couple low 60's, and a ranger tanking, when he decided it would be fun to pull 5 of the Wraiths at once (The things with AE's) It was one of the most interesting fights I have had. We had a 70 Ranger (tank), me, 70 Troub, 68 Fury, 61 SK, 60 Defiler. And our Ranger may have more mit than most tanks, but let me tell you he don't hold aggro vs 5 encounters as well. ;P But thanks to my extra defencive abilities from this line, we were able to survive (I didn't even have to rely on my self-rez). I used deaggo, and used the AE root to break aggro 2 more times, and somehow we made it. (The low 60's got themselves 2 shotted when the pulled aggro, but we got em up and finished it off)  -And yes, i did threaten severe pain and suffering on the *tank* if he ever pulled a stunt like that again-