EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
Kerlin

Loremaster

Anyone have any actual experience on how this works with the following situations where tortoise shell is activated?

- If the druid is in the MT group of a raid and an AOE hits, what happens?
- If the druid is in a non-MT group of a raid and an AOE hits, what happens?

Kerlin - 70 Fury
Kerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
Budgiette

Loremaster

I have used it both in raid and in groups.  It is buggy though.  In MT group it doesnt do anything for the mt as is expected, however it can protect the others in group - I expect that it would be similar in non-MT group.   However, there arent many situations where it is useful - most aoes can be avoided with range.  Also, it seems after the first aoe it has a tendency of dropping affects, though you remain stunned, so you have to click it off and continue with your curing and healing.   Ill probably respec in a few weeks if it remains the way it is - just letting it sit at the moment seeing how often it is used.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
IveDefected

Loremaster

i respecd to this to see how it worked...first off its not worth losing the Heal/Spell crit ( i was STA/INT befor respec) second it did not help in any way from what i coudl tell....not to mention the rest of the line is completely usless.
IveDefected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
DevilsEnvy

Loremaster

I've found that putting 8 points in this to get 30 seconds of AE protection is rather useless, especially when it is that buggy.  The only times where you really need AE protection are against mobs like Vyemm where it is unavoidable if you are within max heal/cast/melee range.  The problem is, Vyemm is a long fight and 30 seconds of AE protection just isn't worth the 8AA IMHO.

DevilsEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #5
mystic5

General

This AA seems like a monumental waste of points, as do all the final skills in each line.  It lasts for 30 seconds, has a 3m range (here, stand on my head and I will protect you), and stuns the caster (never a good idea for a healer).  Ummmmm...I'll pass, thanks.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #6
Kerlin

Loremaster

I haven't found any bugs with this skill as previously mentioned.  Every time I have used it, it has successfully blocked the AE.  Under most circumstances, this skill is pretty useless because of the 30s duration and 2 min recast.  Here are some useful scenarios that I have found:

- Halls of fate berserkers - As most of you know, they have nasty AE attacks mainly on the initial pull.  I cast it before the pull and cancel it shortly after the AE lands.

- Raids - As mentioned before, some of the tougher mobs have an AE that affects players even when they are at max range.  If there are enough druids in the group to keep it up while each AE goes off, the skill is very useful.  This is especially useful when the AE has a fear or stun affect.  When used this way, I think It is possible that this skill could provide the needed edge to kill some of the high end contested raid mobs.

This skill is very limited, but if you and a few other druid guildies get it, it can be very useful.

Kerlin - 70 Fury

Old 04-20-2006, 06:17 PM   #7
mystic5

General

But you just admited that you cancel it after the FIRST AE, so how would you know whether its bugged or not?  I am not trying to start an argument here, but people are saying it blocks the first AE then stops working, but you are still stunned for the duration of the buff.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:40 PM   #8
Kerlin

Loremaster

I guess i didn't read closely enough about the bug.  I always cancel the effect after an AE lands.  The duration of the spell isn't sufficient to last thru 2 AEs in most cases anyway, so you might as well cancel it after the first one lands so that your recast timer can begin.  Again, the skill has VERY limited use, but if it makes certain high end raid mobs beatable, I believe it is worth it for hard core raiding guilds.

Kerlin - 70 Fury

Old 04-21-2006, 08:09 AM   #9
Budgiette

Loremaster

I do agree with you there Kerlin.  Its really a spell used by furies in raiding guilds.  The spell duration is really only to allow you to cast it and avoid the first AE that hits (usually the worst) - after that you cancel and continue on with your healing etc.  This allows the mob to be debuffed etc before the next AE hits.  A spell that isnt often used, however its usefulness at those rare times makes it one to keep.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:59 PM   #10
mystic5

General

As a Fury that is in a raiding guild, I still don't see where this skill is all that useful.  Its a one AE thing because most AEs are 20-30 seconds apart.  So you will be avoiding 1 AE every 2 minutes........umm, I'll just pass on this one, thanks.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:16 PM   #11
Kerlin

Loremaster

mystic586 wrote:
As a Fury that is in a raiding guild, I still don't see where this skill is all that useful.  Its a one AE thing because most AEs are 20-30 seconds apart.  So you will be avoiding 1 AE every 2 minutes........umm, I'll just pass on this one, thanks.

For it to be of most use, several druids in your guild would need this skill.  With several druids, you could keep tortoise shell up during all AE attacks.

Kerlin - 70 Fury

Old 04-24-2006, 08:19 PM   #12
XelusCoerc

Has anyone actually successfully protected a group member with this spell?  From what i've seen so far is that it cast Tortoise Shell onto yourself, but not the group.  You can test this by standing on top of a group member (pretty sure on top is >3 meters) =P.  The group members receive no Tortise Shell buff, hence no protection.  I've tried this on several occasions on AE mobs and have yet to successfully protect a group member.  Has anyone successfully used this spell?
XelusCoerc is offline   Reply With Quote