EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-22-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
etterh

General

Yesterday after the LU and KoS live patchs I went to TT and the sanctum  with a group of guildies. Well as expected we had afew deaths and soem were ugly :-0

So I cast group invis and ran to the first corpse. Did the rev but when I tried to cast invis again it would to let me. No message, nothing. I did notice it said it was qued if I right clicked on the hot bar icon. I also saw that any group memeber out of range was still invis. Once they cancelled it I could cast it again. This happened several times.

Anyone else have this issue? WIll be /bug'in it today

Binglefoot
Lvl 60 Fury
Aenigma
Crushbone Server
etterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
Poops

Yes I had the same problems.. put in a /bug report.  I noticed that if you zone or step ona cloud, seems to fix the problem as well.

Mystral

Poops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:50 AM   #3
Audra

Loremaster

I've had this problem too, and I'll bug it when I get home from work today.

Another bug I found yesterday in KoS was my invis breaking unexpectedly.  I think I pinned it down, but I'm not positive.  It seems if a group member is out of range of the invis and run back into range, the invis drops.  I was in a group with a monk and a scout, each with their own invis, and when they would run back into range, my group invis would drop.   Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 02-23-2006, 02:36 AM   #4
Kayteekai

Loremaster

I noticed it breaking like that today also and when did they change it to a duration of 10 minutes? I thought it was longer last time I needed to use it.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:34 AM   #5
StixxliteAZ

Loremaster

it's been 10 minutes, no change there.
StixxliteAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:02 AM   #6
Budgiette

Loremaster

Its working for a bit..then suddenly breaks and wont cast!  PLease fix it sony!
Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
DireWolf

Loremaster

I have had the same recast problem. It has also dropped before the timer has expired several times.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:33 PM   #8
vochore

Loremaster

havnt had any problems yet with my inv...working on all grp members even wene around level 70 mobs

amd 965 be quadcore.stock clocking 3.4 ghz

8 gig mushkin 1333 7-7-7-20 timings

1 300 gig velociraptor 1 150 gig velociraptor

creative x-fi xtremegamer fatal1ty pro

5.1 suroundsound speaker setup

corsair hx 850 p/s

asus dvd player and burner

24 inch asus widescreen monitor

windows 7 64 bit

evga gtx 570 classified

vochore thebeastlord of the seventhammer

omegar and druadon
vochore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:51 AM   #9
Qe

General

I came to the forums to see if anyone else is having the same problem.  I seem to be able to invis when I am alone, but not in a group.  I noticed it right after I hit level 61, and I was afraid that the spell didn't work anymore because it was 16 levels old.  So I  did a search of level 61 furies and asked them, and they said they were not having a problem. 
Qe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:24 PM   #10
Supernova17

Loremaster

Audra wrote:

I've had this problem too, and I'll bug it when I get home from work today.

Another bug I found yesterday in KoS was my invis breaking unexpectedly.  I think I pinned it down, but I'm not positive.  It seems if a group member is out of range of the invis and run back into range, the invis drops.  I was in a group with a monk and a scout, each with their own invis, and when they would run back into range, my group invis would drop.   Has anyone else had this problem?

I don't know if you have it or not, but the Priest GodKing weapon will proc when you or  your group run in and out of your buff range, causing your invis to drop. I have to unequip my Godking weapon while sneaking around /sighDescartin, 64+ TemplarLinc, 60 Fury
Supernova17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #11
Poops

vochore wrote:

havnt had any problems yet with my inv...working on all grp members even wene around level 70 mobs

OMG the spelling on your sig drove me nuts.  Could be that I'm a teacher.. but please fix it for the love of God!!!!

Mystral

Poops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:41 AM   #12
etterh

General

Ok did some experimenting today. I noticed that is seems to break alot when anyoen in group had a pet out. So reset stuff put the pet away and did nto randomly break.

it does break for good when someone gets out of range. Seems to be worse if someone in group has their own invis or sneak.

Also noticed that once it was broken, it wsa broken. I disbanded, regrouped, disbanded and zoned and regrouped, would not work. Once I had disbanded it would not work forme alone. This makes since I guess as the mechanics are the same for gorup and solo. Had to log to character select screen then reglrup and it was fine. Until it broke again.

Not really sure why I am putting this here. Pretty sure dev's do not read it. Also pretty sure that SOE's "the player is a mushroom. kepp him in the dark and feed him crap" policy is in effect.

Sigh

Binglefoot
61 Fury
Crushbone

etterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #13
Swiftshad

General

Also having problems using group invis in a group, it seems to work fine when I am on my own.  I cant say I've notice the Pris 2.0 proc going off but I will keep an eye out now seeing as it procs when I zone, when I harvest, when I cast SOW etc etc :smileysad:  Appreciate everyones observations and I will ask all my group members to stay in range and grab some invis totems and use those when I can - hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #14
osama

Loremaster

Bah! Real Fury's doesn't need invis!(yeah, I've had that problem too, but only when I am in group and I am not certain what is causing it, but it seems to me that it's because another class is having a spell up at the same time which breaks it or something.)
osama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:28 AM   #15
Setli

General

I am also bugging this tonight.

I would have to say that another person with sneak or smuggle on appeared to cause a problem.  Running out of range and back in...is another problem.

Everytime I get the greyed out icon i have to relog to free it up again....very very annoying.

Makes for some nice debt xp though..:smileymad:
Setli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:54 AM   #16
Syr

General

Bugged it on Oasis over the weekend. Warned my group is wasn't acting right. Almost seemed to be "backwards". Was un-useable for 10 minutes, and when I cast....it wore off 45 seconds later. But after that worked properly for a while. Following night it got squirrelly again and even death didn't correct the hotbar icon from thinking it was already on. If one more guildmate in vent told me to "right click and cancel"..... /shakes fist

It's almost like the game thinks the utility is being used, but it's not reflected in the maintained buff window. :smileymad:

Syr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:11 AM   #17
dizzi73

Loremaster

It's not just furies. My husband plays an Inquisitor and it constantly happens to him, and he was only grouped with me (coercer) and an SK.

He thinks its when someone gets out of range of his buffs its causing invis to drop.

Could be something in that seeing as it only happens in grps, not solo. He found if he turned off his grp buffs, invis stayed up.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:26 PM   #18
jsandawg

Loremaster

I had the same problem last night in Cazic Thule.  Worked when I camped to character select and back on, but then went dark again. Has anyone also noticed an unusually high number of interrupts when casting?  Whenever I get a mob going, there seems to be no chance at casting anything without 3 interrupts.  Makes soloing a bit difficult at times.
jsandawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:47 PM   #19
Kaknya

Tester

hmm.. seems to have the same circumstances as another item i am writing a bug report on.. on our fury AA, I tend to stay in winterwolf mode.. love the frost streamm.. .. anyways.. it seems that, even tho i have a hammer equiped, when ever i mentor, I some how end up in Tiger form.. but also,.. whenever i take a griffon or cloud etc.  pop in to human form, and don't return to wolf form at the end.. the icon just stay's greyed like it is still active. Have to cancel the spell and recast to get it straight.
Cristiana 73 Illusionist of Test Server
Kaknya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:49 AM   #20
Budgiette

Loremaster

Still broken and refuse to cast it now in group situation owing to the xp debt involved ).  Seems to work ok as solo however, so its definately something in group causing the problem.  I just wish I had the ability to make invisi totems considering how quickly they are disappearing from the market!!  It is a sad day indeed when a fury has to go purchasing a number of invisi totems from traders!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #21
Raevin

Loremaster

YES!  This has been driving me NUTS!  I've had to log and come back to get it to work again... Grr...
Old 03-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #22
Setli

General

SOE??  Bueller??  Anyone??
Setli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #23
vochore

Loremaster

Poopsie wrote:

vochore wrote:

OMG the spelling on your sig drove me nuts.  Could be that I'm a teacher.. but please fix it for the love of God!!!!

Mystral

forgive me...i am a fast 2 finger typer....mistakes happen

amd 965 be quadcore.stock clocking 3.4 ghz

8 gig mushkin 1333 7-7-7-20 timings

1 300 gig velociraptor 1 150 gig velociraptor

creative x-fi xtremegamer fatal1ty pro

5.1 suroundsound speaker setup

corsair hx 850 p/s

asus dvd player and burner

24 inch asus widescreen monitor

windows 7 64 bit

evga gtx 570 classified

vochore thebeastlord of the seventhammer

omegar and druadon
vochore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:59 PM   #24
DevilsEnvy

Loremaster

Any updates on a fix or cause for this?  I tried to unequip GodKing weapon, but to no avail.  The spell is perma qued unless I log out/in.

DevilsEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #25
Stitchelle

Loremaster

I've been having this problem for about two weeks now, one thing I have noticed in particular is that if someone else in my group casts an invis spell, either solo or group, after mine has been cast mine will is not recastable until I relog or zone. The Godking weapon proc does break my invis, although it's not breaking everytime I zone like it was before is still procs and breaks my invis when someone in my groups comes into range or I take any kind of falling damage. I have been /bugging this like mad and hope that this is fixed soon!
Stitchelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #26
Duster_68

Loremaster

I had this problem last night.... it greyed out and wouldn't reset until I relogged.  I was not in a group at the time.
Duster_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #27
omegazero737

Loremaster

I just hope everyone here who has had issues did a "/bug" in the game. Posting it out here really does not help much.
omegazero737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:43 PM   #28
Raevin

Loremaster

Well, I haven't noticed it happening for 3 or 4 days now.  It seems to be fixed.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:58 PM   #29
DragonRoll

Loremaster

It happened to me again last night.  So it most definitely isn't fixed.  I've /bug'ed it a few times.  Ticks me off as an invis caster I have to start carrying invis totems around.

47 Woodworker (OMG!)
DragonRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:09 AM   #30
SpritRaja

Loremaster

it is caused by the fact you have items equipped that say "#% chance to do ______ on casting a beneficial spell".

When a group member moves out of range of your group buffs they are removed from said member, when he moves back into range they are automatically recast on the group member and the system sees these as beneficial spells being cast giving your items a chance to proc.

The proc of wisdom imbued rings and Godking weapon are 2 things that I have found tend to drop invis.

I haven't had the invis graying-out/non-castable bug in a long time though.

EDIT: forgot to point out that other people in your group that have such items and group buffs also proc the items when group member comes into range of their buffs and break your invis.

Message Edited by SpritRaja on 03-16-200602:13 PM

SpritRaja is offline   Reply With Quote