EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #31
Formangenavn

Loremaster

Not the worst? Well, I made my point then.
Formangenavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #32
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Yes you made your point, its clear that youre trolling thanks for your addition to this thread.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #33
Formangenavn

Loremaster

Don't be so childish quetzaqotl. I saw the amusing part of the sentence. Yes, i did hint at it not beeing true IMHO, but I am sure many others would start flaming and name calling. Lighten up a bit will you? :smileywink:
Formangenavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:39 AM   #34
Goozman

Loremaster

Hushguy wrote:

I dont know what you are doing Goozman to have so much trouble healing in KoS. I was pretty much the only healer in the group killing ^^^'s 4 levels above the MT on my way to dinging 70 earlier today. Group heals are a druids strength so obviously they should be cast. Our power pool is insane so I suggest using it to its full extent. As far as our 65 (fluff spell) Call of Storms  is nice to look at but totally and completly useless. Either the stun effect needs to be removed or the hit % needs to be increased to around 70% for adept1, 80% for adept3 and 90% for master1. Otherwise casting this spell severly reduces our dps and prevents us from healing for the duration of its futility. I honestly believe this is the worst class specific 65 spell in the game by far. Did I mention that Wizards get a 7-10k aoe nuke and Mystics get a spell that increases all atributes (including hit points) of target by 20% for 36 seconds with only a 1 min recast.

All fury's must bug report this spell to make it on par with what other classes received.

Did I mention that our AA's are pathetic?

Furious  70 Fury       Butcherblock    

Message Edited by Hushguy on 03-08-200603:34 AM

Message Edited by Hushguy on 03-08-200603:35 AM

I was waiting for a response like this. I heal fine in regular groups, or even in groups of 3. I'm the solo healer 95% of the time I'm playing... I can even heal fine in the situations I'm discussing (boss mobs, difficult HoF encounters, etc...) But I have to work at it a lot harder than a cleric or shaman does, because my only tool for keeping the tank alive is heals, no damage prevention, no dps debuffs or slows, no mitigation or hp buffs... So reread what I said before assuming I can't heal. I said to heal I'm even bringing group heals into the equation and having to consistantly spam cast, if I miss one second I could lose the tank; it's not like this for some other healers (healers I have played); and Fury's guardian-like dps does not make up for what we lack... either give us a lot more damage or give us some other kind of tool.

Don't try to teach me how to play, I'm pretty good :p

Old 03-09-2006, 09:19 AM   #35
Hushg

I wasnt saying that you are not a good healer, just that you may be doing something wrong if keeping your tank up is an issue. Playing a fury has a requirement to respond quickly to damage spikes ( like you said we have no reactives or wards like the Shaman or Cleric classes) we cant just sit back and cast one or two spells. I found it helpful when taking on a named mob several levels above the group to precast our group regen, hibernation and bloodflow. This allows the initial damage to be recovered while we cast our 2 debuffs then I just spam Back into the frey, Elixer, bloodflow (I love getting a critical regen heal of 500+ x6) and whatever else i can until those spells are back up. I am really picky with my tank and turned down almost every offer to group unless I was sure that the tank had good gear and could pull really fast. We will never be able to keep a tank up like a shaman or a cleric class but holy crap can we nuke like a mofo. I think furys are the most versatile class in the game. So I guess you were kinda right and it is a lot of work being the solo healer but the exp just flys by.

Furious    70 Fury     
Hushg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #36
Goozman

Loremaster

I like that we have to think fast and everything, ya. I just don't think our dps is nearly good enough to make up for how much more difficult it is for us to keep a tank alive.

Not to mention my dps sucks when im spam healing, I can keep killing swarm up, but can only occasionally use tempest and bolt; whereas other priests are able to use their abilities to help the group while performing their primary function.

Message Edited by Goozman on 03-08-200610:57 PM

Old 03-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #37
Bladeskar

Loremaster

Well i guess when the master does 700-800 every second, being stunned isnt so bad, plus the fact that it does it to all enemies. Just throw on Hibernation then cast it.
Bladeskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #38
DevilsEnvy

Loremaster

2 things.

1. A fury needs to be more pro-active with their heals to keep ahead of the game.   That means keeping HoT's up and tossing in your heals anytime the MT gets any damage.  I'm with Furious, in that I've never had a problem keeping a MT up, it just takes careful planning.  When I do get hit with some trouble, I start spamming my group heals, which works very well, even when a casting happy nuker pulls agro from the tank.  In groups with more than one healer, I'm usually the backup healer and nuking like crazy.

2. This spell sucks.  I have the master 2 of Starnova and do 'up to' about 2200 damage per mob (my int is around 440 @ lvl 66) and even more with crits.  Given that I'm not stunned and can heal, Starnova can out damage Call of Storms any day.  All in, it's nothing more than a fluff spell with a cool graphic.

DevilsEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:09 AM   #39
Goozman

Loremaster

Bladeskar wrote:
Well i guess when the master does 700-800 every second, being stunned isnt so bad, plus the fact that it does it to all enemies. Just throw on Hibernation then cast it.

Thats not what the spell does :p That's only what the small description says. Every second it has a chance to do damage to 1 enemy in area effect... it has the same chance to do it to another that second as well. So it doesn't ae every second... it occasionally nukes, and occasionally hits more than 1 target, occasionally. You can use it and see it go off once during its entire duration; the more mobs there are, the more likely it will hit something.

And omg, we all know what a Fury is (at least I hope). There's no need to say something like "furies are..." or "when the tank gets down, you needto/I usually..." unless asked. I know how to play, and I do it quite well. I'm simply stating that call of storms sucks, keeping people alive is more difficult for furies than others (and rightfully so. I don't care if other healers heal better), and our ability to contribute damage is not enough to make up for our weaknesses (this is where my problem is).

Other classes are being boosted in damage exponentially compared to furies to the point where (god I hope they don't raise the level but..) by level 100, dps classes will be so far above and beyond furies, and mobs will be balanced for such dps, that fury damage will be meaningless. Call of storms could be changed like I mentioned above, and Furies would be set on damage for this tier... not too good, but pretty good.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #40
IveDefected

Loremaster

now...im not sure why you have such a huge chip on your shoulder..but whatever that reason is gooze...just chill man, we are all furies here and we ALL know how to play our class. See thats the thing there is no right or wrong way to play this game...we all choose to play it our own way, its part of the beauty of the game SMILEY

now dont get me wrong, this isnt me trolling i just sensed some hostility in your last few posts and wanted to give you a pat on the back and say everything is ok.Yes call of storms could use a boost in hit % but it is by no means worthless it , like ring of fire, is a situational spell. i tend to use mine in mass pulls to great effect just learn to adapt to the spell instead of crying foul. i mean i would only want a small % in hit chance anyways...

Have Fun all...its all we can do

IveDefected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #41
Goozman

Loremaster

I get hostile at people who don't actually read a whole message before responding to it in a condescending tone to try and "educate" others about their leetness. I never said I'm incapable; I adapt to the weaknesses of the class and do well... the point of the thread was lost because people responded to something I never really said. To those people, I aint hatin' or anything.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #42
ApDa

General

I think if they took away the stun part, the spell would be great.  We all like our DPS, but we are not a DPS class.  Ring of fire is great in that we can still heal while it is up.  Who cares if call of storm doesnt hit all the time or doesnt cause an exorbitant amount of damage like a Mage lvl 55 spell, we arent a DPS class.  I just want to be able to heal as it is going off. 

Apudi 78 Fury

Black Sheep

RIP Steamfont
ApDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:26 AM   #43
mr23sgte

Loremaster

Any word  from the Devs if this is going to be looked at or fixed for us?
mr23sgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:45 AM   #44
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Nope no luck yet for any word of the devs but lets try to keep this topic alive and come up with new ideas for this spell.
The topic on the spells and ca page got locked and another one I started about the same issue got locked too, isnt it nice that people who are trolling some threads get rewarded by getting some threads locked thats great moderation right there.

But anyways this spell is still flawed to me after defile got a nice fix i was hoping for a fix for this spell too as Im sure this isnt intended: a spell that stuns and does less dmg than when youre unstunned it makes no sense at all.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:50 AM   #45
Budgiette

Loremaster

The only good thing I see about the spell is the graphics!  Just having others playing close by stop to watch and question who's spell that was can make one feel one minute of uberness! :smileywink:  Effective wise - not very helpful spell unless you are in a group where your mt isnt dropping in health and your sick of hitting the nuke keys, and there are no other mobs around to agro!  If im in Antonica waiting for the spire, I will often play with it on the group mobs close to the spire - sad to see that it cant even wipe out level 18 group - theres usually one or two left standing about.  But on a brighter note, we were helping a fellow guildie yesterday with their pris runs.  About 6 of us were racing around clearing agro mobs for him - pull the mobs all close together so you couldnt see dust for mobs - cast storms and sit back and watch the effects!  Great spell for situations like this where you have over 30 mobs standing in one tight grouping.  Unfortunately normal game play isnt quite like this!
Old 03-20-2006, 04:13 AM   #46
genesis013

Loremaster

Everyone keeps talking about the spell graphics...could someone post a screenshot of call of storms? im really curious to see what it looks like and I have quite a few levels before I get 65 lol...
genesis013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:29 PM   #47
Scarrlette

SMILEY  I'll leave it open if everyone behaves.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #48
Goozman

Loremaster

deleted by me!

Message Edited by Goozman on 03-19-200611:59 PM

Old 03-20-2006, 04:14 PM   #49
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Scarrlette wrote:

SMILEY  I'll leave it open if everyone behaves.

This thread was here before the other thread that was locked was created so this is not a repost SMILEY

Also the fury community wasnt the cause of those threads being locked.

Genesis, heres a pic courtesy of Lady dee (hope you dont object SMILEY)

Message Edited by quetzaqotl on 03-20-200603:50 AM

Old 03-20-2006, 09:10 PM   #50
Scarrlette

I noticed that you brought back an already existing thread Quetz.  Very clever.  SMILEY
Old 03-20-2006, 11:01 PM   #51
vochore

Loremaster

the spell outdoors is fantastic graphicly but indoors most of the wow factor is lost due to the clouds being in the roof all the time.

make it not quite as high of a spell,bring it down closer to the mobs...also...remove the stun.

i actualy turned up the particle count on my settings just so i could see it better.

Message Edited by vochore on 03-20-200610:03 AM

amd 965 be quadcore.stock clocking 3.4 ghz

8 gig mushkin 1333 7-7-7-20 timings

1 300 gig velociraptor 1 150 gig velociraptor

creative x-fi xtremegamer fatal1ty pro

5.1 suroundsound speaker setup

corsair hx 850 p/s

asus dvd player and burner

24 inch asus widescreen monitor

windows 7 64 bit

evga gtx 570 classified

vochore thebeastlord of the seventhammer

omegar and druadon
vochore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:03 AM   #52
mr23sgte

Loremaster

Yeah - I love the graphics - All my guildies were like WHOA!  A Beserker asked me how much it hit for and after I told him he was like "Oh so its just a Fun spell"   /cry

I think the Devs have a decent track record on fixing Fury issues - so hopefully this thread will catch their eye. Let's face it - we are one of the least complaining classes (if that makes sense)

Could anyone confirm if the chance to hit was based on the level of the mob?

Message Edited by mr23sgte on 03-20-200611:05 AM

mr23sgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #53
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Well the good track record of the devs concerning furies: we had to wait 9 months to get our class fixed and when we got a nice bump overall (we took a little hit too with some spells debuffs/proc buffing) there hasnt been any other feat on the track record of the devs.

Dont get me wrong the devs did good to furies as Im happily playing my class, but yeah the track record isnt that great we can always hope of course.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:28 AM   #54
SenorPhrog

Ten Ton Hammer

Scarrlette wrote:
I noticed that you brought back an already existing thread Quetz.  Very clever.  SMILEY
Now look how nice she is. I know other mods who'd have just locked it up for Necro Posting....
Old 03-21-2006, 12:37 AM   #55
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Well this thread is only 2 weeks old so it wasnt long dead or really a necro one as it was still on the 1st page.
And yeah scarlette I dont know if it was that smart but as they say every dog has its day SMILEY
And I must say of all the mods i ve spoken to scarlette was the nicest :smileytongue:
Old 03-21-2006, 12:39 AM   #56
SenorPhrog

Ten Ton Hammer

quetzaqotl wrote:
Well this thread is only 2 weeks old so it wasnt long dead or really a necro one as it was still on the 1st page.
And yeah scarlette I dont know if it was that smart but as they say every dog has its day SMILEY
And I must say of all the mods i ve spoken to scarlette was the nicest :smileytongue:

She's one of the best and most fair I've seen.    I haven't picked up the spell yet (mainly because I got like 20 more levels to go but I've seen it used.  It looks pretty cool.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:45 AM   #57
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Indeed this spell looks awesome really one of the best looking spells in game, thats not why were complaining cause they did a fantastic job on this spell.

That makes it even more of a waste that the mechanics arent up to par, its such a waste as some people have said its more of a fluff spell than anything else atm as it does minimal dmg while the caster is stunned :smileysad:

Old 03-21-2006, 01:31 AM   #58
SenorPhrog

Ten Ton Hammer

quetzaqotl wrote:

Indeed this spell looks awesome really one of the best looking spells in game, thats not why were complaining cause they did a fantastic job on this spell.

That makes it even more of a waste that the mechanics arent up to par, its such a waste as some people have said its more of a fluff spell than anything else atm as it does minimal dmg while the caster is stunned :smileysad:

Lol...you ever heard of the Templars spell "Reverence."  I've used it twice since level 50 and I'm 63 now.  I can understand why you would be upset.  *shrug* I just moved on to bigger and better levels.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:40 AM   #59
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

Is reverence a fury spell? No we are on the fury boards and I dont care about another templar vs fury comparison (or someone saying "we have a spell  that isnt useful too, you should just live with it" or other nonsense), call of storms is a flawed spell and is in need of a fix.

Even without the stun it wouldnt be that hot but at least it would add something instead of making you do less dmg in those 16 seconds.

"Call of storms is a fluff spell which dumbs down the fury's dmg and healing ability" shouldve been the discription on this spell.

Its not that it isnt useful often the problem is it isnt useful at all.

Message Edited by quetzaqotl on 03-20-200612:55 PM

Old 03-21-2006, 02:04 AM   #60
SenorPhrog

Ten Ton Hammer

OMG! These are the Fury boards?  I'm so sorry I must be confused to where I am right now.  Thank you soooo much for reminding me.  You're missing my point and apprarently you've got amnesia from the repeated debates I had with you about not wanting Fury/Templar drama.  Since I need to slow it down for you apparently, I will gladly.  Take for instance the Monk ability Tsunami at level 55.  Not very useful according to the monks I've talked to although there are people that use it.  My point was, Furies aren't alone.   You want to get a spell fixed?  Start a thread which you have done and /feedback.  If they think its warranted (which does not translate into you thinking its warranted) they'll make adjustments.  Good luck with it skippy.