EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Bruiser
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-25-2006, 04:41 AM   #1
Frosthamm

I'm starting back in EQ2 after having been in WoW for a while.  My partner in crime is probably playing a fury, and I started a bruiser (along with a couple of other characters) that I really like.  I'm enjoying the bruiser a lot at low levels soloing, but I'm wondering if that will be an effective duo.  Judging my how well I've done soloing, I imagine that adding in any healer would be a bonus.Very specifically, what techniques do bruisers use to keep aggro when fighting multiple mobs?  And - later on - what roles do you usually fill in groups and raids?Thank you.
Frosthamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:18 AM   #2
ganjookie

Loremaster

Frosthammer wrote:I'm starting back in EQ2 after having been in WoW for a while.  My partner in crime is probably playing a fury, and I started a bruiser (along with a couple of other characters) that I really like.  I'm enjoying the bruiser a lot at low levels soloing, but I'm wondering if that will be an effective duo.  Judging my how well I've done soloing, I imagine that adding in any healer would be a bonus.Very specifically, what techniques do bruisers use to keep aggro when fighting multiple mobs?  And - later on - what roles do you usually fill in groups and raids?Thank you.
Taunts and DPS to hold aggro.  We fill the role of tank and off tank, some would say DPS, but we are not a DPS class.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:21 AM   #3
Frosthamm

Thank you.Is there an AE taunt?
Frosthamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:22 AM   #4
ganjookie

Loremaster

There is only 1.  It is harder to maintain agro on multiple mobs, single mobs are what you should aim for mostly SMILEY
Old 02-25-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
sarsippi

Bruisers also have an AE attack. Alebit not much, it will give some agro, lol.  At lvl 50 we get another AE attack that will give even more agro, which helps, so after lvl 50 you'll have two AE attacks, plus an encounter taunt.  We also have a mez and a fear, so that helps also.
sarsippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
DarkMirrax

Loremaster

Also i would add if its not to late change the fury to a defiler , warders work awesome in duo with a brusier plus they get great debuffs :smileyvery-happy: just my 2cp

A- Yes they do, and yes it does
===========================
Steve Danuser, a.k.a. Moorgard
Game Designer, EverQuest II ... Whats Amazing Reflexes ?? .......

===========================
DarkMirrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #7
Zolragas

I've been two boxing a fury with my bruiser for little over 40 lvls now and I think the combo is great.  The added dps from the fury is nice just don't expect to be able to debuff groups.  They only have 1 true debuff and thats single target.  Regen vs ward and reactive is better because its not based on us taking damage or getting hit. I don't know much about shamans so I can't fully comment on em.  So long as you are not taking mobs 4-5 lvls above you should do great.
Zolragas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:46 AM   #8
DevilsEnvy

Loremaster

I often 2 box my Fury with my Bruiser all the time and find that they are a great pair.  They have much higher dps than any other healer combo, and can take down all but the toughest of mobs.  Running the Bruiser with a mystic/defiler cuts down your dps, but gives you much better buffs/debuffs.  They are both fun duos, but I personally like the Fury/Bruiser combo.

DevilsEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote