EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Signatures
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #61
Sapphirius

Loremaster

[p]And, Phebes, inspired by Husky and by the brilliant spectrum of colors in illusionist spells, I experimented with using multiple colors in your sigs.[/p][p]This was the first version I made. It has the same assertive, whimsical style I see demonstrated in your posts...[/p][p]But because I didn't feel that it was bright enough, I also made another version.[/p][p][Images Removed][/p][p]Let me know what changes you want made.[/p]

Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Sapphirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #62
Sapphirius

Loremaster

Misako sent me some beautiful images of Shin when she sent in her request, but the more I worked with the images, the more I realized that they wouldn't work. I did, however, use her favorite images of her character for the almost mournful expression on her face.

EDIT: And a new version with clearer text.

[Image Removed]    

I also made this version, but the file size is considerably larger than the previous. You may wish to use the previous version to save stress and loading times on other people's computers, especially if you are a frequent poster on the forums.

[Image Removed]

Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Old 08-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #63
Sapphirius

Loremaster

I couldn't help but do a little further experimentation on Phebes's sig.

[Image Removed]

Old 08-17-2007, 12:48 AM   #64
Cadori Seraphim

Loremaster

OooOOOH! I have to say I really dig the Phebes pieces you did. Not so much the second brighter one, but the first (is awesome!!) and the third are really great SMILEY The first one is my personal fav, I think the colors you used and the combination of elements came out  beautifully SMILEY The third piece is cool as well with the colors in the background. So far these are my favorite ones in your collection!
Cadori Seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:14 AM   #65
Sapphirius

Loremaster

To each their own. Phebes chose the second one out of the three. She agreed that the first one was too dark for her personality. I think my favorites will always be Tenmou and Madre's.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #66
jmikesch

Loremaster

oooo I like the new one! Its cool looking. i actually think I am going to use the animated one. Never had an animated sig. i also like the colors in the background on this one more too.

jmikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:03 PM   #67
Cythen
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Aiaru

Guardian

I like the first one the most simply because the text doesn't scroll over her face.  That's a very good pose too and very nicely adapted, Sapph.  (Misako) And the 3rd one for Phebes you've done is great!  I love the mist around her.  Very enchantress.
Cythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:13 PM   #68
Sapphirius

Loremaster

jmikesch wrote:

oooo I like the new one! Its cool looking. i actually think I am going to use the animated one. Never had an animated sig. i also like the colors in the background on this one more too.

YAY! Cause I didn't like the second one.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #69
Sapphirius

Loremaster

[p]Here was my submission to the Sig Artist Exchange. I thought I'd also post them here. SMILEY[/p][p]      [/p][p][Image Removed] [/p]

Old 08-19-2007, 08:22 PM   #70
Sapphirius

Loremaster

Sometimes, I get stuck into a rut, and I need a swift kick in the pants to get me out of it. In this case, that swift kick in the pants was delivered by my son. You see, I encourage my children's feedback when I make sigs, because my daughter gives me creative input (usually "Add more pink" and that I should include unicorns and flowers and such), and my son gives me short one or two word phrases that cut right to the chase.

So, I'm sitting there trying to make this sig work, using spooky text and warm rusty colors against a dark background to create a spooky inquisitor-like background. I was using shots where I manipulated Kaeja's hair to make it long and flowy, and I grunged it up slightly. I worked for some time trying to create just the right effect, and it wasn't working. My son walked up behind me, took one look at it, and said, "Mommy, that really sucks."

At that point, I finally sucked it up and scrapped the entire project to start anew. I hope you like it, Kaeja.

[Image Removed]

Old 08-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #71
Seagoat

Tester

LOL  From the mouths of babes!  SMILEY

Nice one, Sapphy...and BTW, I love the song her quote is from.  It's so easy when you're evil!!

Seagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #72
Sapphirius

Loremaster

Well, she wanted something both sexy and sinister. I finally chose the background because of the quote. It's rain drops that I darkened and blurred and then slid under glass. I think with the blue mist that I wrapped around her face, I achieved that mysterious sexy quality she wanted with a suitable touch of evilness.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:14 AM   #73
Kaeja
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: True Blood

Loremaster

Oh my god.. I absolutely love it.... SMILEY

You got my favorite colors in it.. my full name.. my quote.. and its totally HOT! SMILEY

And yes.. "When you're Evil" is totally Kaeja's theme song

Sapphy! How can I ever repay you! this sig is the BEST! SMILEY

I only wish I had the creative talent to put together things like this

Kaeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #74
Sapphirius

Loremaster

Your thanks is all the pay I'll ever need. I'm glad you liked it.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:01 AM   #75
Cadori Seraphim

Loremaster

I know we got off on a bad foot, but am hoping we are ok now SMILEY  I would like to request a signature from you. I want something in particular and am not sure I can pull it off and you are the only one so far that I have seen that does them the way I am thinking. Could you PM me if you are able to take a request? Thanks!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #76
Sapphirius

Loremaster

You've been added to the que.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:37 AM   #77
Sapphirius

Loremaster

[p]One image manipulation finished. Now for Doxie's three girls.[/p][p][/p][p]EDIT: Moved the picture to a new link[/p]

Old 08-22-2007, 08:33 AM   #78
Cythen

Guardian

Oh my God!  Be still my little arasai heart! That's freakin' fantastic!!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #79
shirka

Loremaster

beautiful pose.. ... OH NO! the poor little Arasai! She is hurt! there is an deep gash in her left wing! probably done by some stupid kobold.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:17 AM   #80
Cythen

Guardian

...I'll save her!!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #81
Sapphirius

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
beautiful pose.. ... OH NO! the poor little Arasai! She is hurt! there is an deep gash in her left wing! probably done by some stupid kobold.

Hahahaha! You caught the tear in her wing. I actually had to search through dozens of butterfly pictures for an idea of what a convincing wing tear would look like. When I made the background, I was worried that the tear would be too hard to see. Instead it kind of makes it more subtle so that the eye sees it eventually as it travels over the picture.

Oh, and, Aramae, this little Arasai is a resident of Antonia Bayle and a citizen of Qeynos. You just might bump into her.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #82
Cythen

Guardian

Sapphirius wrote:

Oh, and, Aramae, this little Arasai is a resident of Antonia Bayle and a citizen of Qeynos. You just might bump into her.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #83
SapphireSnip

General

That's so awesome Sapphi!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #84
Cadori Seraphim

Loremaster

Amazing!! WOW!! you make me want one!!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:10 PM   #85
Cythen

Guardian

[email protected] wrote:
Amazing!! WOW!! you make me want one!!
Pft, get your own.  I'm claiming that one! Oh wait.  You mean the picture. Right.  Me too.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #86
Sapphirius

Loremaster

Well, you just might be out of luck. It's my understanding that Tenmou is rather child-like and won't understand whatever it is you want from her. But she will tell you about how she got in trouble for flooding the Baubbleshire Inn's basement with slime. She insists that she didn't mean to.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #87
Cythen

Guardian

What is wrong nowadays!  Girls are looking YEARS older than they actually are!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #88
Sapphirius

Loremaster

/comfort

Old 08-22-2007, 05:28 PM   #89
jmikesch

Loremaster

Wow Sapph thats AMAZING!!! Your talent never fails to wow me.
jmikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:29 AM   #90
Morianna_1

Loremaster

Sapphy that is a beautiful image, I love it!