EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-14-2016, 02:02 AM   #1
Grouse

I made a full set of goblin armor for my Berserker ... Like I said, one shot and it was over.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:09 AM   #2
Katz

Hi, I don't know what server you are on, but if it's Halls of Fate, send me a message on the forums and I can commission craft the proof of the pudding items.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:15 AM   #3
Grouse

Well, to add insult to injury, my monk found the needed Blushing Umbrite and continue onward, ending up in imprisoned by the Greenmist crusaders. When I went to fight the level 106, single up arrow Sel'Nok infiltrators, using Bdorn Alehammer as my companion, I only lasted a couple of minutes, until Bdorn was killed. The infiltrator only showed a sliver of damage in his health bar. Using Lady Liae Croae was even worse. She was dead in less than one minute!

As a monk, I've soloed many a level 95+ advanced solo dungeon, killing many level 105 mobs. Based on his health bar, this one I could not even damage! What make it more confusing is that my combat log shows me doing a lot of damage and blocking his attacks!

I tried a third time with Bdorn. This time he seemed to realize that he needed to heal himself, so he stayed alive. After what seemed like five minutes of fighting, I killed one. (I was spamming combat moves like fighting one of the Heroes' quest puppets. The combat log shows me doing tens of thousands of points of damage, compared to being hitting for the tens of hundreds of points in damage. This is unreal. It will take forever to get the needed eight. (The second kill took nine minutes. .... I think it is time to log for the night.)
Old 11-14-2016, 04:05 AM   #4
Razadazar

I looked up your toon on and it appears u never really played ToT either. U logged in at launch, made yourself some Splitiron armor and probably called it a day too, after "getting one shot" in the first room of the first solo dungeon. You are wearing an odd mix of ToT armor and gear from previous xpacs. You have less that 2 million hps and garbage resists on a tank, when u should be shooting for 5 million +HPs. Even more for KA. So ya, you are gonna get pwnt in the new xpac....at least to start. Stick with it, ask for help, upgrade your gear and stats. But don't blame the game . You haven't put in any effort.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:18 AM   #5
Alway

thats hard to believe when my scout in full tot heroic / t1 raid was pulling the entire zone?

this was weeks ago tho, idk if anything changed?
Old 11-14-2016, 04:33 AM   #6
Chiffon

The other problem could be your resolve. If the stats are correct on eq2u, you've only got 30 resolve, which means you're going to do less damage and take more damage until your resolve is closer to the scale of the mobs you're fighting.
Chiffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:54 AM   #7
Sucha

As someone else said there are plenty of helpful crafters that can make items for PoP. It sounds as if you simply do not want to take the time to ask for assistance. I am on Maj'Dul and have all 9 classes done on PoP. I have helped several people in the last week or two finish it up when they asked for help. If you would bother asking I am sure you could get this done rather quickly. If you are going to complain please at least make an effort before doing so. I may not get back onto beta server so wouldn't be able to help there but am available on live most days.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:06 AM   #8
Grouse

Based on the comments above, it looks like I need to do my homework.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:31 AM   #9
Malleria

Resolve is only in heroic and raid zones. Nothing in the overland or adv solo requires it.
Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:44 AM   #10
kluxor

There's really nothing overly difficult compared to the insanely good rewards you get for doing it. If you can't handle a solo signature quest line, can't imagine how much you'd struggle running a heroic group
Old 11-14-2016, 08:36 AM   #11
Grouse

As it stands, I probably will not do much of either signature line stuff when it goes live.

My Berserker gave up on the crafting when I discovered I needed to commission a bunch of stuff to complete it. I gave up on the combat one when he got one-shotted in the first room of a required dungeon: Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants (Solo) -- Just not worth the effort.

My Monk initiated the crafting, but was put on hold until she could get the right harvests to continue. (Why no harvesting in the Opulus Frontier?) She also will not bother because of the commissioning barrier. (None of my characters have completed Proof of the Pudding for just that reason -- I am the only one left in my guild and I refuse to let it die.)

She just finished up an hour searching for Blushing Umbrite, having only found one! When we go live, I will think long and hard about wasting game time on this quest line. Why is blushing umbrite so hard to see and so heavily guarded? (This is the gateway quest, to lure players in, not scare them off.)

There is the good stuff, like cosmetic garment storage, and such that make the update worth the cost. The art and story lines are also good. There are too many little things that simply seem to be there to impair progress. Blushing Umbrite is just one example, others are mentioned in the many posts here. (Chokidai pups pooping in only one, small area...)
Old 11-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #12
alpherious_Maj'dul

did you happen to replace any of your current live gear with crafted gear of any type? or improve your gear at all since copying your zerker over?
Old 11-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #13
Shmogre

A quick clarification: None of the items for the KA tradeskill line need to be commissioned. In fact, they've been available on the broker in beta for a couple copper once the recipes were available (while the three classes each get different recipes for that part of the questline, the items made from them are fully tradeable, no commissioning needed).

(Regarding The Proof of the Pudding, the crafting community is a pretty solid one; I highly recommend sending out a few calls in the crafting channel if you find yourself needing something.)
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:38 AM   #14
guard

i am afraid i have to agree with others here your gear is so out of date your going to struggle with 1.5mill hp and 6k mitigation
you want min of 4mill hp, 16k mit and over 200k resits which is very easy to get with tot stuff and adorns.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:43 AM   #15
guard

wont let me edit but if you are stuck on how to do a good build i am happy to help but basic things like get bolstered attributes and bolstered endurance will help with hp. 15% mit purple on your bp can get white resist adorns for ears and wrists etc are just some of the things you can do to help yourself
Old 11-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #16
Kickya

if you dont put the time in to gear up in an expansion then you aint gonna survive. its like taking a knife to a gun fight.
Kickya is offline   Reply With Quote