EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2016, 09:18 PM   #1
Sambril

Good info. Sovereign of Rile coin count might also be a factor on how quickly you can get the books you want, especially if you are not a member. (Though both the coins and the special books are Heirloom, so alts can help)

Bloody Tooth XXX Essentials: 2
Bloody Tooth Advanced XXX: 6
Clan Bloody Tooth Mercenary Gear: 10
Clan Bloody Tooth Scribblings on Reconstructing Infusers: 10
Clan Bloody Tooth Spirit Stones: 10
Sambril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #2
Niami DenMother

Since the essentials recipes unlock at 20K Bloody Tooth Clan faction and the more advanced recipes unlock at 30K Bloody Tooth Clan faction, I thought folks would like some quick numbers on what it would take to get enough faction in under a week. Not everyone will go this route because not everyone will want to give up their goblin, and/or not everyone has their solstice earring, etc.

• 18,500 Bloody Tooth Clan faction = all the TS sig line, including the epic, plus one round of the dailies/weekly - can be completed on Day 1
  • 26,500 Bloody Tooth Clan faction = all of the above, plus the first two gathering goblin quests - can be completed on Day 1, can purchase (tradeable) essentials books
  • 31,000 Bloody Tooth Clan faction = all of the above, plus the entire gathering goblin questline* - can purchase (heirloom) advanced books.
*It looks like the three in-home goblin quests will be on a 23-hour timer. This means you "can" get your advanced recipes within the first week (3 days or so, if you're keeping up with the timers), if you're willing to sacrifice a gathering goblin to the cause.

If you don't want to sacrifice a goblin to get access to the books in a hurry for your crafting horde, then you'll be able to get your books in a week, after you do your second round of dailies/weekly.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #3
Wurm

Thanks Niami!

Still up in the air about the gathering goblin, also not too happy about the tone of the quest text in the beginning. I've never seen my goblin as a "slave". More like a partner in crime. When I go harvesting (which is often) he is usually out by my side.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #4
Niami DenMother

Heh, while I never considered mine a slave, I had to admit Inever really thought about how he became a gathering goblin, either. I mostly giggle about the start of the line, though, as visions of the Harry Potter franchise dance through my head: "Gobbie is a FREE gobbie!" {complete with Dobby's voice}

I've also got, um, 20 gathering goblins at my command, when I feel like waking them up, so I'll definitely be freeing more than one. Smile
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:46 PM   #5
Wurm

I don't do alts, so if I let him go it will be a big decision for me. If they added a goblin "pet" to the questline (not merc) you could summon to run around with you I'd let him go in a heartbeat.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #6
Xianthia

hahaha I did the same thing (about Gobbie is a FREE gobbie)

I still can't make up my mind how many I'll free, but darn getting a guaranteed rare is tempting!

Thanks for the faction write up Smile
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote