EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2016, 12:13 AM   #1
kluxor

So i've heard people mention that the new epic weapons are going to be greater relics. Has this been confirmed anywhere? Asking this cause I was thinking, short of having the aura proc on the weapon itself, its gonna have be to really really really good to give up the hammer proc for.

With the hammer, I have a second reset (which resets some important stuff that the reset rune doesn't reset) and an extra 100 fervor proc. I'm thinking this is gonna be pretty tough to beat, unless like as I said it also has the hammer proc on it. Anyone else that is one of the lucky few to actually have a hammer wondering the same thing?
Old 11-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
Mandoblast

As a mage with the hammer, my real hope is that the Epic 2.0 is a ranged item. I know, pipe dream but I can wish right?

I would imagine that hammers will be relevant for a long time to come. Even with the lowly 7 resolve. The proc is killer.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
ZUES

Epic 2.0's are identical to what epic 1.0's were, just better. Meaning, same slot. Almost identical appearance.

http://eq2wire.com/2016/11/02/epic-weapon-2-0-appearances/
Old 11-07-2016, 03:08 PM   #4
Mandoblast

You can ruin my dreams but you can never take my LIFE!!
Old 11-07-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
Feldon

Epic 2.0 will be GREATER RELIC.

It is no longer Hammer Time.
Feldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:33 PM   #6
Mandoblast

Yeah I figured it would be. Maybe we will get more relic and greater relic slots in KA. After all, the ring and wrist are relic. That means some of my relic armor goes away if I remain at 2.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:55 PM   #7
kluxor

which like i asked....what chances are they going to have of actually being better for certain classes? im going to lose a ton of dps without the beneficial resets, extra resets, and extra fervor proc. Just dont see it happening unless as i said, it has a hammer proc
Old 11-07-2016, 04:07 PM   #8
ZUES

Considering the fact that I've hardly seen any items with fervor on them in KA, the odds of it being best in slot, even over Epic 2.0, is pretty high. Worse case scenario it can be situational and be rotated in during combat.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:12 PM   #9
Raenius

Use epic 2.0, click swap-macro for hammer, let it proc, swap back to epic 2.0, rinse and repeat every ~30s.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:38 PM   #10
kluxor

wont work. the runes/hammer when equipped are on their 30 second cool down. Thats why encounters with a disarm mechanic wreck my parses
Old 11-08-2016, 04:40 AM   #11
Talduke

So I'm guessing bl won't be getting two this time around then ;-)
Old 11-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #12
Entropy

Classes that benefit the most from bursting damage from just a few abilities (Beastlords most notably, but a few others as well) might legitimately have a tough decision to make on Hammer vs Epic. I don't see how they're going to make epic effects that are more powerful than Aura of Immolation for those classes without making the epics absolute ridiculous monsters of an item.

My hope is that they nerf the hammer proc on KA launch day. Reduce it to 50 fervor and increase internal cooldown to 45 seconds. Please give me a reason to take it off. Please.