EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #31
Shmogre

Yah, very tight time windows...I'm going to have to pop a Sabertooth totem next time, I think. :^) I managed to make it out okay on the third one, but the fourth one killed me just as I passed the door to leave the area...weirdly, they were still non-aggro when they bonked me into oblivion.
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:25 PM   #32
Darln

Thanks Domino. I just felt that since I couldn't see them that maybe something was up with either my computer or the way I got to the zone. I'll still wait until tomorrow to return the quest line only because I don't want (yes I know it's just beta) to dump my faction .. LoL. Just call me crazy.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #33
Shmogre

An appearance/environment bug (I've had it happen three times over two toons) - When breaking the wall in the Crypt, a square bit is left floating:

[IMG]
Old 11-01-2016, 10:36 PM   #34
Leonitas

time is short is the point? if we had all day it might be named "Take your time"? ...seriously though, i found it intense but very doable. I had no issues with the time given, whatsoever. had time to spare, even on the first one where i dilly dallied around and didnt realize it was timing me already. Please no nerfs or easymodes...i found this both challenging and exciting, in fact much of the crafting line was! i've never died so much whilst crafting...and yet enjoyed it somehow. Please folks, i beg of you, hunker down with your thinking caps on, meet these challenges, and prove just how crafty you are! If myself and many others completed it without major issues, you can too! BigGrin
Leonitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #35
Shmogre

Appearance/environment bug - In the Workshop, the slime in the background across from the first platform (above the slime area) clips in front of the floating Kly acolyte (second pic should show the location a bit better):

[IMG]

[IMG]
Old 11-01-2016, 10:46 PM   #36
Shmogre

Hint/help for my incense-throwing peeps: Turn on the distance to target if you don't have it already...Options, User Interface, Name and Chat Bubble, "Show Distance to Target" (if will now show the distance above the target name in your UI). :^)

(Disclaimer: I use the default UI, can't speak for third-party UIs.)
Old 11-01-2016, 10:57 PM   #37
Winddragon

I feel like 5-10 more seconds should be added for the 3rd and 4th one since the timer starts before you reach the statues, and might cause some problems for slower players.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:13 PM   #38
Shmogre

The Earring of Solstice gives a good run speed buff, which makes a big difference. Also, if you run in and have to run back out, you'll want to wait out the timer before you go back in (that's what killed me on the fourth relic, I think). I'm on my slowest toon and able to make it, so hopefully the Earring buff will help others.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:27 PM   #39
Eddard

My 2 cents. Timers were fine (once I found the sacred incense doh!). Had no problem crafting the item in time and having time to spare and crafters can always use potions of progress for the 10 minutes to do the quest or hit a potion of innovation if needed or even sprint, but I didn't find it hard at all. Very, very well done and rewarding line - thank you much!
Old 11-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #40
Eddard

Two quick questions. What did we need the Earring of the Solstice for as a pre-requisite? (I had it done long ago and did the TS line but can't remember why I needed it on the last quest).

Will the new cloaks be infusable?

Thank you
Old 11-01-2016, 11:36 PM   #41
Shmogre

Proof of the Pudding (and the Earring you got from it) helped you get the Bathezid faction you needed to be non-KOS up there. It also gave you some techniques that came in handy during this questline (bixies), and the run speed buff you get from the Earring helps during the final Spire bit, another nice bonus.

Plus story-wise, it established you as a crafter of some reknown, so the Queen and Brytthel were more likely to trust and rely on you.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #42
Quillyne

Please add armorer. I got the book, but not the recipes.

Otherwise, best...tradeskill...quest line...EVERS! <3
Old 11-02-2016, 12:02 AM   #43
Xianthia

My armorer got book and recipe. Completed the quest line on her.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:44 AM   #44
Domino

Developer

Yup, this. (1) the bathezid's watch sarnak will not trust you unless you've completed this quest - why would they help a stranger?
(2) the collection pages, like all tradeskill collections, can't be seen unless you have the Earring of the Solstice; and
(3) this is a big quest with some VERY nice rewards which is intended to require quite a significant effort, so game design wise we want it to actually require some time investment, which is why it does require prior completion of the original epic and the ToT signature quest; and
(3) although we've called it a signature quest, this is really a tradeskill epic upgrade - Brytthel gives you an upgraded class cloak at the end, which doesn't make much sense story-wise if you don't have the original cloak to start with Smile

I hope everyone noticed how their original epic cloak appearances have been updated and made even more awesome with thanks to Gnobrin's magic skills! Smile
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:48 AM   #45
Domino

Developer

Also: all the bugs reported to this point in the thread (except the art bug about ghosts in front of platforms, which I'm not sure I can do anything about) should be fixed in tomorrow's beta update.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:20 AM   #46
Cloudrat

Haven't done it yet and I can tell from this response the title must be appropriate.
I am glad you want to start telling people they are scrubs before they even trySmile Yes, dying and being one shotted on a regular basis has always been my favorite part of crafting.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:16 AM   #47
Niami DenMother

Folks will need to remember to use "Singular Focus" (grab it from your adventuring class trainer if you don't have it already bought and scribed) in the Dalnir's tradeskill instance. I'm a slow learner and have been killed by the bugs behind the destroyable walls twice now due to AE auto deciding to fire off when I am destroying the vase. :O
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:00 AM   #48
Leonitas

That's a great tip, Niami, i remember thinking, whilst attacking the walls, as an aoe-crazy zerker: "careful with attacks..this is the crafting version, don't wanna aoe and charge in Leeeroy style".
Old 11-02-2016, 05:52 AM   #49
Rainmare

with this particular quest, and the deal with Dalnir, it was more about patience and timing. it does give you plenty of time to run in, craft the item, and get out. it's just a tight window on the last two. I died 1 time, on the last one, and even then I almost got completely out. if I'd actually used the rs buff from the earring of the solstice, I'd probably have made it.

the dalnir I died a few times mostly from getting too close to the stationary spirits before dropping the incense.
Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:57 AM   #50
Cloudrat

I died 7 times falling in the river fishing up goos for the keySmile
Old 11-02-2016, 08:13 AM   #51
Shmogre

Realized I forgot the TS classes of the toons I mentioned above:

Guildmate: jeweler, good, turned in collection in Halas - got mummy illusion recipe
My toon 1: sage, evil, turned in collection in Freeport - two books, no recipe
My toon 2: carpenter, good, turned in collection in Halas - got incense dispenser recipe
Old 11-02-2016, 08:15 AM   #52
Darln

Yes, have all the prereqs with the exception of the Bathezoid faction which is at 49k now. Have the quest, no problem there. Just can't see the pages now. I give up for the day .. LOL. Need a nap. Thanks for the help!
Old 11-02-2016, 08:19 AM   #53
Shmogre

No problem...it's the faction that's hurting you right now. Domino said that bug should be fixed tomorrow, or with luck, there'll be a GM in the area to knock it down for you.

Happy napping!! :^D
Old 11-02-2016, 08:33 AM   #54
Domino

Developer

The forges seem intermittently uncooperative. I'm told if you stand close to the forge and open your recipe book directly, this is a work around until the forges are properly fixed.

Woodworkers, tailors, and sages are not correctly being rewarded the recipe from the collection. This will be fixed tomorrow, again if you catch me online I can give it to you also. I'll try to add this to the beta buffer also so that if you already turned in the collection but didn't get the recipe, he'll help you (as of tomorrow).
Old 11-02-2016, 08:35 AM   #55
Leonitas

Cloak is amazing, both in stats and appearance, final quests were intense and amazing. Obvious question though....will cloaks eventually be changed to include the purple war rune slot? Will they be infuseable? Reforgeable? thus far it would appear no to all 3, it would clearly be an upgrade over what i have on live/tot...idk how many will wanna give up a war rune though. Would be amazing if we could do all 3 of the above. Just my 2 cents. Thanks, Domino, for an amazing tradeskill sig line! BigGrin
Old 11-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #56
Domino

Developer

FYI to avoid confusion, you get DIFFERENT books from the researcher depending on your archetype. Each book has different pages. So you won't necessarily see the same pages that other classes do ... and also you're not competing for them with everyone, just with your own archetype.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:07 PM   #57
Ellimist

No issues with the time. I did it on a level 100 adventurer though. Though I did die because I stopped to reply in general at one point. Also you don't have to run out you can just use an escape if you want.

The cloak is cool. For those asking if it can be infused I doubt it because the stats are from a spell thingie not from normal green and blue stats. I just tried it in the deity windows and you can't actually drop it in.

The quest line was definitely the best TS one yet. Rewards are good too. Much better than the adventure ones actually.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #58
Starcloud

The Final Blow :

I started the quest today before the fix and that bug was familiar. I log back in the game after the fix and this time the update was done. Main problem is now I have the book ..found page 3 and 11, but the ground spawns I cant see them. I have all the requirements for the quest. I relogged and nothing still, deleted the quest, no pages for me. I recieved a second book ( first book was in bag even after deleting the quest ), so I deleted the first one. The second book also show I have page 3 and 11 picked up which I did not do after I recieved the quest.

People showed me pages and jumped on top of them right infront of me .. funny to see them jump, but I simply can not see the pages.

I went to Oliver the beta buffer on Mara and altho I did not had the pages he updated my quest and gave me a recipie.

Greetings, Starcloud
Starcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #59
Chiffon

On the step "I need to find enough information to help me create a recipe... " I am a woodworker and was able to find pages 3 and 11, but there isn't anything else clickable for me to locate any additional pages.
Chiffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #60
Taiyla

Same here.... Woodworker with page 3 and 11 only. Can see others picking up stuff that I can't see. Guess they don't like woodworkers Frown
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote