EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2016, 05:20 AM   #61
Maripop

I managed to finish the quest for the sokokar leash, but could not figure out where to go after that. Its late here and no one was being helpful in game, so calling it a night. I tried with both the illusion on and off, but no one offered me any new quests. I have not dont the new no trade language quests from the shinys, not sure if thats required in the TS line or not.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:01 AM   #62
Kelvani

Maripop once you finish the leash try.. wandering.. down and out of the cave.. if you head towards the devourers area I think you may find what you seek =D
Old 10-13-2016, 08:10 AM   #63
Cheesenabber

This is a REALLY minor issue, but is it possible to have it so when starting the TS sig line, if you've finished the ToT sig line, you can have a response along the the lines of "Oh yeah, I knew her true identity. What's wrong?". Or would that be too messy?
Old 10-13-2016, 08:49 AM   #64
Elinea

• What is the name of the quest? Scrying Eyes
  • Who gave you the quest? Glibnox
  • What does the current step of the quest say in your journal? Cast the scrying bones
  • What exactly isn't working or as expected? After several clicks of casting the scrying bones, I was led to an area where the quest won't advance. Up to this point, it made an orange dot on the map where the next scry should take place, but the dialogue when I cast says "a wispy trail leads you up and to the west" but there is no indicator of where I should be going. Unfortunately, the map doesn't allow me to go any further west, so all I can do is go up, and the quest doesn't advance.
  • Did you take any particular steps that made this problem happen? Just following the quest dialogue to the letter.
Edit: leaving original text here. I did get the update by running around like a maniac until I found the spot that would update the quest, it just wasn't very clear where I had to go.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:09 AM   #65
Niami DenMother

Search and Rescue (post-patch)
The quest version of the Twark Transport Totem stays in inventory at the completion of this quest ... sort of* This leaves you with the quest version and your permanent crafter version.

Why "sort of?" It may/may not be important, but I started out with the quest version of the totem after talking to Glibnox. Then it is replaced with another version of this same quest totem when Brappa gave me "Temple Visitor" The only reason I know it is a different version is because I got two discoveries for it ... they both share (open/close) the same examine window, but have some sort of id in there that makes them unique items, apparently. (So, 3 total versions ... two that are "Required by the Quest Search and Rescue" and then one without the quest line that you should be keeping.)
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:54 AM   #66
Niami DenMother

Feedback - Tradeskill Daily: Snacky Snacks
You need to craft 10 Broken Tooth Snacky Snacks and 10 Broken Tooth Shroom Juice for this one... one at a time, for a total of 20 combines for that one daily. This seems a bit out of balance compared to the other daily combines, which tend to be in the 4-8 range. Could we get the recipe yield upped, or the number of food items needed lowered, by any chance?
Old 10-13-2016, 10:56 AM   #67
Niami DenMother

Whoops, also on "Search and Rescue", the "Collection of Goblin Parts" is not deleted from your inventory upon quest completion.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:15 AM   #68
Niami DenMother

BUG: Tradeskill dailies
Oothgar suddenly no longer has quest book over his head, will not give quest hand-in credit

I completed the crafting for "Always in Demand" ... Oothgar had the quest book over his head, but I didn't go hand in, since Snacky Snacks used the same equipment. Completed that nice long batch of Snacky Snacks combines and realized I was finally tired enough to be able to sleep, so went to hand in these two dailies, only to find no quest book over Oothgar's head anymore. When hailed, he says "Back alreadys! You be finishin' up these tasks in no time, thank you!" and he will not advance either quest.

Deleting Snacky Snacks allowed me to hand in "Always in Demand"
Old 10-13-2016, 11:35 AM   #69
Niami DenMother

Daily: Twark Defender
does not remove "sturdy leather armor" from your inventory upon quest hand-in.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:53 AM   #70
Niami DenMother

Daily: Thumpy Stick
Issue 1: Thumpy Stick not removed from inventory on quest hand-in
Issue 2: Examine info on "thumpy stick" says that it is required by "Pup Piper" instead of "Thumpy Stick"

~~
Other daily stuff not delelting from inventory in one lump:

• "healing goo brew" for "Always in Demand"
  • "slug call" for "Unlikely Saviors"
  • "rabbit repellent spray" for "Rabbit Repellent"
  • "chokidai whistle" for "Pup Piper"
  • "Twark special fertilizer" for "Greener on the Other Side."
Old 10-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #71
Xianthia

Can you point me in the direction for Greshdek? It feels like I've gone all around the zone with track open and can't seem to find the npc. Even a general area would be good. At this point of searching it seems I need to leave the zone to find them?

and on that point, maybe the clue to find the npc can say a little something something to figuring out where they are Tongue
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:35 PM   #72
Mystfit

Not to start a battle of the fishhook and melt Domino's mind. But, a metal hook kinda made sense on a forge Smile
Old 10-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #73
Xianthia

I think I'm on to something! Had to re read the stuff... hopefully works out lol
Old 10-13-2016, 06:05 PM   #74
Domino

Developer

More bug fixes and stuff in today's update notes, in case you didn't notice already!
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #75
Smallcorners

Gone Astray
Craft Sokokar leash

Um... where are the harvestables in this zone??? I did not bring any on me, nor have I sent my pets out for them, and I have not dared to leave the zone.
Smallcorners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:01 PM   #76
Kelvani

Quest Name: If the Bones Fit
Quest Giver: Brappa
Zone: Fens of Nathsar

The "chewed sarnak bones" are spawning under the world at -415.72, 17.16, -1742.78 per tracking
Old 10-13-2016, 10:06 PM   #77
Domino

Developer

Trying to fix issues where people get actually stuck; may be slower on issues that are more just annoying/cosmetic, like items not being properly removed from inventory yet, as I'm working on finishing up the quests that are not yet on beta first. But I'm not ignoring those, will get to them eventually! Smile

There's a broker in the iksar crusader caves as well as a bank if you have some stashed in there, and you can always use your gathering goblin or pack pony too. If you do need to leave, you should now find that a portal on the Halas dock will take you back, but I had hoped there were enough other options that players wouldn't need to leave the caves at this point. As outlined in the sticky post at the top of the forum, there are no common harvests in this zone.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:17 PM   #78
Mystfit

• What is the name of the quest? Search and Rescue
  • Who gave you the quest? Glibnox
  • What does the current step of the quest say in your journal? Look for Greshdek
  • What exactly isn't working or as expected? everything is working except I expected a goblin IN zone leading me onward and it's not a goblin Wink I dont' want to spoil too much. In hindsight the fact that he's not in zone should have been more obvious to me, the zone location in the journal being unknown, the totem to get me back but I spent alot of time trying to track the actual guy to lead me onward in zone.
  • Did you take any particular steps that made this problem happen? Yes, I was born a blonde.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:24 PM   #79
Slappywhite

Can anyone give me some info about a soil sample in Twark? Is it one spot? Multiples like the elven soil sample? I have wandered the area forever and not found the goblin sample. Pixel hunts are NO FUN. At all.

Also, the sarnak bones required by "If the Bone Fits" are spawning in only one location and the respawn time is...not fast.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:31 PM   #80
Cloudrat

/cry
Old 10-13-2016, 11:35 PM   #81
Niami DenMother

The goblin, Growf, likes to garden, and since you got the other soil sample in gardens ... Smile (You should have tripped over Growf for some quests to help with his garden already. BigGrin)
Old 10-13-2016, 11:38 PM   #82
Niami DenMother

Utterly and absolutely understood. I should have been more clear about you tackling the stuck spots so quickly. so we could trundle forward a bit more and start poking, prodding and kicking the rims while you deal with the big stuff like the quests still to be added, etc. The cosmetic stuff can wait. BigGrin
Old 10-13-2016, 11:45 PM   #83
Slappywhite

Thanks Denmother. That was the first place I checked (since it IS logical) but couldn't find anything. Then after your hint I checked again. A tan/brown sprite on a tan/brown background...under a plant. A little much in the obscurity department.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #84
Niami DenMother

Hrm ... it was pretty visible for me, but then I tend to run with my gamma adjusted up a bit, and my level of detail bias cranked all the way up. Tired old eyes and "dim vision" issues with low light due to lasik several years ago made me tweak my settings a tad. There were actually 2 dirt piles there when I was up in the wee hours after the patch.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:20 AM   #85
Bluenotes

I have advanced adventure sig line well into Obulus, but stopped working the tradeskill sig line while on the slave ship. I logged on today to further advance the tradeskill sig and it is no longer in my journal. I cannot get the quest again anywhere, and the spire in thalumbra only gives me the option to go through the adventure version. Is there a way to get this quest back? I really do not want to go through all of this again.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:44 AM   #86
Xianthia

Try looking by Growf. Smile

I never know if should straight out say actual /loc or information.

EDIT - hmm somehow missed DenMother's reply which was a bit ago.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:52 AM   #87
Domino

Developer

What is your character name who's lost the quest? And do you remember what point you were at on the slave ship when you stopped?
Old 10-14-2016, 01:29 AM   #88
Bluenotes

Bluenotes is char name on the crafting quest. I think I had just grabbed the pick, so just at the start of the slave ship.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:43 AM   #89
Taiyla

Seeds of Growf
Growf
Collect seeds from the plants of the cae'dal elves.....

I'm having trouble finding the seeds..... have looked in Twark and the cae'dal garden area nothing highlights for me.
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:50 AM   #90
Ameva

any suggestions on Seeds of Growf? I have looked all over the elf gardens for an hour and went through the city area 3-4 times. Nothing is clickable or harvestable and I have interacted with every NCP that would interact. I found these little dirt looking piles that might be seeds but they are not clickable.