EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 05:49 AM   #31
Observing

Succulent, click the note where the queen was. Quite annoying. Should be an update like "The queen doesn't seem to be here"
Observing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:58 AM   #32
Succulent

Thanks that helped
Succulent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #33
Finora

deleted
Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:58 PM   #34
Elinea

Update: I reset the tradeskill instance (but didn't delete the quest), went in to see the Arcanna'se guardians and the Malice guards non-agro and suitably "distracted". Lanys and Tserrina were also non-agro in front of the queen, running through the dialogue as if they were in the room next door with the burning crates. The purple orbs were all there, and as soon as I clicked them all, Lanys and Tserrina poofed out of the room and the quest continued like normal. I have no idea what prevented me from seeing the purple orbs the first time around.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #35
Canth

• What is the name of the quest? Gone Astray
  • Who gave you the quest? Klok Grissuc
  • What does the current step of the quest say in your journal? Craft a sokokar leash
  • What exactly isn't working or as expected? I crafted the leash in the guild hall because I didn't have the materials on me and the quest didn't update. When I crafted it in Obulus Frontier, the quest updated.
Canth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:47 PM   #36
Domino

Developer

Note that some fixes to tradeskill quests are up on beta as of this morning's update, including the Chokidai Bones issue. The bones should no longer get removed when the first quest is completed, and if they did, you should be able to go and get more while on the second quest.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/beta-update-notes-october-12-2016.572925/
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:00 PM   #37
Niami DenMother

Feedback, Quest: Scrying Eyes
"Cast the scrying bones" step

(Yep, was able to get more bones, thanks!) Is it possible to get the Scrying Bones to be clickable from the quest tracker instead of having to either equip or keep in an open inventory bag?
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:22 PM   #38
Niami DenMother

• What is the name of the quest? Gone Astray
  • Who gave you the quest? Trooper Sokszar
  • What does the current step of the quest say in your journal? Leash a stray sokokar (or something like that, already past the step now)
  • As soon as I made the leash in the forge, Chef Zharss had a quest book over his head, even though I had not yet chased down a stray sokokar. On a whim, I talked to him, and he acted as if I had brought him one, and advanced the quest.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:54 PM   #39
nightcrystal

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not...but my friend can't see any of the portals to the new zone. she is on the tradeskill questline, same past as I. but I also have done some of the adventure quests. I can see the portals.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:07 PM   #40
Elinea

Does the quest line end at the encampment? I can't seem to find an NPC to give me any further quests after the scrying stone sends you to the encampment. I found a crafting area, with all the crafting stations, banker/broker/fuel sales, etc but nobody talks to me (I'm assuming faction is needed?). I don't see any other quests, but I did manage to find plenty of KOS guards in this area. Crafting has taken a dangerous turn lately!
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:42 PM   #41
Gaptia

I opened a door, a guard X2 was behind, I run to zone in and he kept chasing me. But I face him and I killed him solo with my templar...
Gaptia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #42
Materfarmer

• Quest name - The Gardens Are In Bloom
  • Quest giver's name - Taelonar
  • Quest journal text - find Marqusal at the Danak Docks
  • Found this quest while wandering the zone. I don't know if it was supposed to be unlocked for me as I am still on shore in TS line. Either way I ported over to Danak Docks in Jarsath Waste but was unable to see or track Marqusal to advance the quest
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #43
Domino

Developer

Will get this fixed, although there is a bank and broker right beside the forge where the questgiver is, so I was hoping people would NOT leave the zone. (Sokszar gave you the quest though, the Klok character is for an adventure quest.)
In order to figure this out, I need to know exactly which quest she is currently on, and what the quest text of her current stage says in her journal.
If it's dangerous, then you have missed something. I suggest talking to people who don't try to kill you, one of them may give you a clue!
It IS intended to be available at any time once you reach the new area (and are tradeskill level 100). Perhaps it's not Marqusal you need to speak to, despite what Taelonar told you. Have you tried asking around the dock?
Hm, let Caith know templars need to be seriously nerfed, check! *scribbles on to-do list*
Old 10-12-2016, 10:08 PM   #44
Materfarmer

Thanks !
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:27 PM   #45
Gaptia

Lanys X4 was one shot kill by my templar, and Tserinna X2 was 2 shots killed. You really need to boost HP/damage for these epic guards and NPCs !
Gaptia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:36 PM   #46
Maripop

Quest :Getting Hooked
It seems a little silly that we use the fire pit to craft the fish hooks, the other quests use the workbench right behind there to craft the items. It would make more sense to craft the hooks there as well if its an option?
Old 10-12-2016, 11:01 PM   #47
ZUES

Domino, I have every TS class. Do I have to do this entire sig line AND the entire ToT sig line on every character?

Seems a bit excessive just to make current expansion recipes.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:13 PM   #48
Xianthia

I've completed Glibnox and Growf's quests, but no idea where to go from here on quest Search and Rescue.

Should Growf's quest have updated Search and Rescue?
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:40 PM   #49
Niami DenMother

Actually, the quest giver for Gone Astray is not in sight of forge, hence why Canth isn't the only one who crafted the leash outside of Obulus. The quest end target, Chef Skass (who let me hand in the quest without first catching a sokokar) is the one near the forge. I didn't find the back room with the forge, banker, broker etc. until I zoned back in with my nonupdating leash and saw the quest book on my minimap. Smile
Old 10-12-2016, 11:56 PM   #50
Canth

Actually, I crafted it in the guild hall because I didn't have the mats on me to craft it. I had to go back and get them so just tried to craft it there. I know, I know, silly me to not have mats on me when doing a tradeskill questline...........
Canth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:28 AM   #51
twixt

• What is the name of the quest?
The Gardens are in Bloom
  • Who gave you the quest?
Taelonar
  • What does the current step of the quest say in your journal?
Return to Taelonar
  • What exactly isn't working or as expected?
I can't get back to Obulus!
  • Did you take any particular steps that made this problem happen?
I zoned to Jarsath Wastes for the update! I also beta buffed to adventuring 100 thinking that would help somehow (?!) but it didn't do anything. The portal in Thalumbra around the chasm isn't active and the clicky by Finch isn't visible.

I've been pulling out my hair and other people's for the past while now. I hope it's me being a dingbat and not seeing how to get back!
Old 10-13-2016, 12:29 AM   #52
Kelvani

Quest: Figurine the Profits
Quest Giver: skethusk

Issue: quest text misspelled: "The pass collapsed when that great chuck of Luclin....." should be that great chunk of luclin..."
Old 10-13-2016, 12:37 AM   #53
Domino

Developer

With the next update, "Scrying Eyes" should have an additional step after you finish using the scrying bones hinting that you need to find a way to get the iksars to trust you. Hopefully this helps reduce confusion on this step! Also, Trooper Selisk's dialog has been fixed so he should give you his hint line that you don't look like a greenmist crusader - there were some cases where he wasn't saying this.

Well, there's a fire right beside Kreeg also so I didn't see a difference in convenience, but changed to the workbench.

What is your quest journal saying? If it's saying you should find someone interested in goblin relics, then you should be talking to Glibnox. If he isn't showing a quest feather at this stage, I'll try and figure that out.
The recipe books are tradeable, as far as I can see. Are you seeing them as no-trade? Which ones?
Changed the step to allow it to be crafted in any zone. I forgot I moved Sokszar! (She used to be in the crafting cave too.)
Old 10-13-2016, 01:09 AM   #54
Niami DenMother

This is Re: Search and Rescue

That's the issue - Glibnox doesn't want to show a quest feather and doesn't want to advance the quest, journal still says "Perhaps I can find someone interested in these goblin things"

He asks if I've found the others that were taken, I tell him "Sort of ..." with details, he suggests a trippy-trap to kill them, I tell him I don't want to kill them and that I'll keep looking.

Then everything comes to a halt. I'm out of crafting quests that I can do until I finish this, and I've had to beg for a few invites to groups in Obulus so I can CoV back there, since the portal in Frostfang doesn't recognize crafters who have done the ship, only adventurers. Smile

I'm going to work another crafter up to this spot, I think ... or nap ... not sure which. Smile
Old 10-13-2016, 01:40 AM   #55
Prissetta

I experienced the same thing, Moss - created the stone on the Forge of Brell in my crafting house, and did not get an update, but the quest updated when I created it again in Maldura. I bugged it. Good thing we received an extra piece of umbrite!

Thank you, Domino!! BigGrin
Old 10-13-2016, 02:00 AM   #56
Xianthia

I see Niami DenMother listed exactly what is happening to me just below your post (thank you)

Do you need any other details from me? Smile
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:05 AM   #57
Domino

Developer

If you have completed the adventure quest "Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil" you'll be able to use a portal on Halas docks. As of tomorrow (hopefully), you'll also be able to use this if you have completed "Into the Spire". Ultimately, overland connections will exist from Kylong Plains and Jarsath Wastes, but these aren't final yet.
Found this issue and it should be fixed tomorrow. Thanks! Smile

I enlisted Gninja's help and he says these guys will now all be very scary and unkillable. I don't know exactly what he did, but ... it's Gninja. I'd be very careful trying to kill them again. Eek
Old 10-13-2016, 02:19 AM   #58
Ameva

(I know you already mentioned you are working on this)

Scrying Eyes - final loc that you need to ding the quest isn't at the orange wisp. It's off by enough that I started going in concentric circles and finally got the update.

Post Scrying Eyes - I got no prompt or indication on where to go next. Trooper Selisk doesn't offer anything in "say" and doesn't respond to hails.....there IS an NPC that I cannot see that keeps saying something in Sarathian (sp?) I don't speak Sarathian.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:08 AM   #59
Maripop

Do we need the language quest from no trade shinys done? I finished the chodakai scrying quest but dont seem to see another quest anywhere.

Nevermind, I read above and realized the part about trusting and what I should do Smile
Old 10-13-2016, 03:46 AM   #60
Slappywhite

I cast the bones up to the tunnel entry. Ran around a little to get it to update, and the quest is now gone from my book. Non-KOS Trooper Selisk won't respond to a hail (other than the canned speech most generic NPCs have). I learned from these forums that Klok should have a quest for me. He doesn't. This is confusing and VERY vague. I am now at a total dead-end. I'm really getting frustrated with how unclear the TS quest progression is so far.