EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Kerahzey

Loremaster

Title say's it all, people are burned out on the xpac and I can't get my faction done to spend my heads. A solo "Claws of Veeshan" faction quest or zone would really be great.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
zehly

Loremaster

No thank you. The quest-line is easy, getting the faction is supposed to be a challenge "the first time." The heads are HEIRLOOM, and the gear is HEIRLOOM.

Do the questline on one toon, grind contested for 2 hours, now you have 50k faction. Get heads, spend them on toon with 50k faction, dispense loots via your shared bank, profit.

Last thing we need is a bunch of crafters and soloers masquerading as decent players. If you have so many heads to spend, you obviously have no shortage of grouping, so you should have no problem doing the questline that takes all of, oh, 2 hours to complete, start to finish.

Savior Niekko, 92/320 Templar

Sir Trixle, ??/??? Brigand
zehly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

zehly wrote:

Last thing we need is a bunch of crafters and soloers masquerading as decent players.

I'm not sure this kind of attitude is healthy for the advancement of our community. I've interacted with scores of players over the years and I have not noticed a correlation between quality of play and chosen playstyle. I've seen raiders who are barely worth their slot, and soloers who can pull off amazing feats even with lackluster gear. In my opinion, there are just as many barely competent raiders out there as there are clueless twinks. Let's face it, EQ2 isn't rocket surgery. You don't need an advanced degree or genius-level IQ to succeed. It's mostly about how much time you spend on it, and how dedicated you are to advancement.

That being said, I must agree that there is no need for a solo path for Skyshrine faction. The Skyshrine faction gear is a heroic reward for completing heroic content. Honestly, I think the faction gear is a bit too good for how easy it is to acquire, but I still have a hard time believing it when I see 70% attack speed on a ring. Mudflation is the name of the game!

Old 08-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
zehly

Loremaster

The_Cheeseman wrote:

zehly wrote:

Last thing we need is a bunch of crafters and soloers masquerading as decent players.

I'm not sure this kind of attitude is healthy for the advancement of our community.

I respect your sentiment and very much understand your perspective and would tend to agree with you on the rest of your post. I am not attempting to belittle those who solo or craft. I want nothing more than more quality players to group with. And some soloers are amazingly awesome, but those are few and far between. We've all carried "that one conjuror guy from my guild" through a zone at least once.

However, I want to point out that the purpose of the questline is to foster group activity. There are indeed solo missions already available which reward gear. I would point out also that the questline rewards some decent gear--gear which probably wouldn't be on par with a solo questline.

Skyshrine is group and raid oriented and not suitable for soloing (unless you're a farmer). Faction gear requires groups anyways, and to get the gear needed to do the UD runs (without headache) and get that coveted head, it's generally a good idea to go ahead and run the other SS instances as well. Might as well do the questline while you gear up. Just sayin.

Savior Niekko, 92/320 Templar

Sir Trixle, ??/??? Brigand
zehly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
BKLION3

Loremaster

As a soloer myself, I do the best I can with what I have.  I have some of the gear from solo SkyShrine instances(when stuff drops that my toon can actually use).  BUT... I cant solo or molo these 3 ups that come in groups of 3 in the city areas.  I pulled a clicky quest the other day to kill 20 droag in Recondite.  For each kill I get, I get 1 death.   20 deaths is an expensive repair bill.  THATS what I have to do to progress.   Since most of the Great Herd has moved to Sleepers Tomb, groups are fairly scarce.  Mind you, when they form, group members -need- good gear to fight there.   HOW do you get better gear without having better gear?  Yeah, I'd be lucky to get dragged along as a plate fighter, but Im not considered DPS.   I used to play offtank really well.  I struggle to hold aggro against scout class that have BIG hit weapons.   I am, for all intents and purposes, at my endgame because I cant get into a group.  SO... people like me need some manner of Claws solo faction runs... or at least give some faction for name kills in the solo instances.   Just like I saw in chat last week, "Anyone run PQs any more?"   

Sekmet 92 proud soloer on Oasis

(I stand alone..and die alone)

BKLION3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
BKLION3

Loremaster

Maybe I should go play Hello Kitty online. 

Sekmet

BKLION3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
bardarnit

Loremaster

Well.

Anyone who needs help grinding faction, it looks like you have volunteers. 

I think i saw 2 people say no.

Me?  the first 50 times.. sure SMILEY  Now i hide when i see contested ss lfm.  SMILEY

bardarnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #8
General_Info

Lord

The_Cheeseman wrote:

That being said, I must agree that there is no need for a solo path for Skyshrine faction. The Skyshrine faction gear is a heroic reward for completing heroic content. Honestly, I think the faction gear is a bit too good for how easy it is to acquire, but I still have a hard time believing it when I see 70% attack speed on a ring. Mudflation is the name of the game!

I understand your position however they never should have made skyshrine entirely group dependant. i agree that skyshrine merchant gear and UD access should be group orientated but i disagree that every quest should require a group to complete.

It's fine for those that can clear the content quickly when the next best thing comes but there are plenty left behind that cannot progress becuase they need people who aren't interested in the content anymore.

If they'd done a half/half aproach (first half of faction quest progression is solo) then (second half of faction progression is group) then you would see less complaints and more people at a level where they can run ST.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:31 AM   #9
Wurm

Loremaster

zehly wrote:

I know you said you didn't mean it that way, but that was one of the most insulting statements I've seen on these forums in a long time.

The whole "US vs THEM" attitude in this game is one of the reasons its dieing.