EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
Jacquara
Server: Najena
Guild: The Wayward Few

Loremaster

In the last week, I've started participating in the public quest events ("Echoes of the Ring War" and "The Battle of Storm Gorge") in the Great Divide, in an effort to improve my faction standing with the City of Thurgadin.  However, I have run into a serious gameplay-impacting bug AT LEAST FOUR FIVE TIMES:  After completing the event and receiving a message informing me that "The grateful coldain have brought you a treasure!", I go over to loot the chest that has appeared and then I am told in bold red letters: "You are not entitled to any of the items in this chest."

Excuse me?!?  Three out of the four five times this has happened, I was the ONLY player participating in the event; I was there from the beginning to the end and I was the only player doing the work, hence I should be the only person entitled to anything in the box that these "grateful" Coldain brought.  The other time this happened, there was one other player present; we were both active participants, but at the end, NEITHER OF US could open the bloody box!

I just got done doing the "Battle of Storm Gorge" event at 2:00am PST, and now I'm staring at what appears to be an ornate or exquisite chest ("a large treasure chest");  again, I was the only player present and participating, yet I can't open the lovely present that I did all the work to earn.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP, this is REALLY aggravating and happens WAY too frequently (I've only done the event maybe a dozen times, if that?)  UPDATE:  Just did the "Echoes of the Ring War" event at 3:00am, and same @#$% thing happened AGAIN!!! 

Jacquara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Juravael

Loremaster

I've seen this happen to folks before unfortunately.

You might want to /petition and /bug, /feedback about this as well if you have not already done so.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #3
Jacquara

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I've seen this happen to folks before unfortunately.

You might want to /petition and /bug, /feedback about this as well if you have not already done so.

Did that, good suggestion though--thanks. SMILEY

In other news:  This has happened 2 more times since my posting, we're up to an official count of SEVEN times this has happened.  The last 2 times, there were 2 or three other people there, and again NOBODY could loot the chest.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Marm_Oz

Loremaster

Add THREE occurrences for me. Have also submitted /bug.

*edit*

If you can't loot the chest, the quest does not update so not even a Cloudy velious jewel. Nada.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
Jacquara

Loremaster

Since my last post, add an additional SEVEN TIMES that this has happened to me (three of which have been just today, and we're only 5 hours into the day).  Seriously, can we see some action taken to fix this ongoing and FREQUENT problem?? 

I am highly irritated that you have implemented code that is causing more problems than it is solving.  Especially in light of how few players are actually participating in public quests, I hereby request that you please REMOVE this "feature" that is supposed to prevent players from getting rewards who aren't actively participating until you are absolutely POSITIVE (and have thoroughly tested!) that it works as intended and is not punishing players who should be rewarded for their efforts!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
kelesia

Loremaster

You should know that SOE doesn't thoroughly test anything. I'm sorryyou've discovered the bugs in the game we all love, but don't hold your breath on getting game breaking bugs fixed, as features such as dungeon maker (exploiter) or soemote are more important to the team.

It's just something you get used to dealing with SOE - nothing works right the first second or sixth time and nothing will ever get fixed in a timely manner (or ever)

Old 08-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

You should know that SOE doesn't thoroughly test anything. I'm sorryyou've discovered the bugs in the game we all love, but don't hold your breath on getting game breaking bugs fixed, as features such as dungeon maker (exploiter) or soemote are more important to the team.

It's just something you get used to dealing with SOE - nothing works right the first second or sixth time and nothing will ever get fixed in a timely manner (or ever)

Game breaking bugs tend to get fixed rather quickly, in my experience (except for client performance issues, but that is an order of magnitude more complicated). This by no definition a game-breaking bug. However, you may want to try PM'ing one of the devs here on the forums about this, to have them look into it and see if there is something wrong with the participation code for the PQs right now. I doubt such a bug would be noticed quickly, because you are the only one I have heard of actually trying to do those PQs since Skyshrine launched.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
ravenJ

Elder

LOL  and here i thought it was because I wasn't doing my part in a lone battle.  I've yet to get anything from the chest. It ALWAYS says  "You are not entitled yada yada yada"  I guess the folks who fix things cant read either  I  mean 2, 3 even more hotfixes every week and still no results....ahh I know why!  They fix what they want to see fixed not what the players ask to be fixed..  I guess they havent learned that the best way to increase customer base is word of mouth, and its hard to be excited when you ask for fixes but they rarely if ever  come SMILEY

ravenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
primezeppelin

Guardian

This has happened to me before with both ring war and storm gorge. I was the only one there and completed ring war from start to finish but still got this message. It doesn't always happen and I can loot it at other times so I'm not sure why sometimes you can't.

primezeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #10
Valgrave

Loremaster

I've tried this six times for the Antonica one and never been able to loot the chest.

Valgrave

Valgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #11
feldon30

Fansite Staff

When Public Quests hit Velious beta, they worked GREAT. Windslasher did a tremendous job building them and they needed relatively minor tweaks to get them finished.

Then players started complaining about players standing around AFK and getting rewards. Windslasher made some changes and that should have been the end of it.

Instead, players whined for MONTHS about people being able to get rewards for not "giving their all". Week after week we saw more and more unnecessary changes to Public Quests making them more annoying, and having an ever shrinking threshold of what determines "participation".

Windslasher ended up moving on to other things and his plans to add PQs to virtually every zone in EQ2 and then move on to other awesome interactive events were dashed.

There's one group to blame for why PQs have the problems they have now, and why they never really spread that far: Players who worry more about the splinter in someone else's eye than the 8 foot plank in their own.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
Bumfit

Loremaster

Has this issue been fixed yet?

Bumfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
Ligoh
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Rats With A Plan

Loremaster

Had this happen to me a couple of times at the ring event in Commonlands while helping a guildmate. I thought that maybe it was because I was mentoring, but then another guildmate joined us for another round (same level as the other guildie) and he was unable to loot from the chest either.

Ligoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #14
Valgrave

Loremaster

Gninja, any chance you can look at this while also looking into the broken achievements?  It hasn't worked since implemented.

Valgrave

Valgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #15
Wurm

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

There's one group to blame for why PQs have the problems they have now, and why they never really spread that far: Players who worry more about the splinter in someone else's eye than the 8 foot plank in their own.

Very nice summary feldon, however SOE does share in the blame for listening to those players and acting on their complaints.

@ the OP what class are you?

I usually jump on the PQs solo, when I happen to be making my rounds and see one is active. So far I've gotten a chest every time.

I'm wondering if its related to how much DPS someone is putting out?

Old 10-04-2012, 04:45 AM   #16
General_Info

Lord

Wurm wrote:

@ the OP what class are you?

I usually jump on the PQs solo, when I happen to be making my rounds and see one is active. So far I've gotten a chest every time.

I'm wondering if its related to how much DPS someone is putting out?

for a while i was not getting flagged for rewards as both PQs solo now i find if i zone to RW with the painting a minute before it starts i get rewards as for storm gorge i sit outside the quest trigger radius and then enter it a minute before it starts and i've yet to not get a reward.