EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #31
Tekadeo

Loremaster

aeyinar wrote:

the fact fighters can solo better then every other class is why there are so many tanks and bad ones i hear some fighters in SS say this is the first time i have done a grp on there tank...  the fact is there are somany tanks do to the fact it is 4x as easy to lvl a fighter then a mage or scout or and 2x as easyer then a hlr... a nec or conj can solo well but once they hit higher lvl they will fin that in endgame they are broke due to the fact that pets are useless in raiding do to ae-auto(a bigger problem imo then anything with fighters)what really needs to be done is NON-fighter classes need there survivability incressed so that if you do solo with a ranger or coecer lets say you can throw up a self heal or stoneskin and have as much fun soloing as a fighter and anyone with a pet needs it immune to ae-auto.

Summoner pets are useless in raid?  Learn to position your pet man, that's a sad joke.  If your pet has survivability issues, it's a problem between the keyboard and the chair.

I will agree that non-fighters could use more solo survivablity.  Makes no difference to me.  And I can agree this game needs all pets to be AoE immune as long as they aren't the target of the caster, but aoe-auto immunity is just dumb.  Learn to control the thing for pete's sake.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:20 AM   #32
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

I think pets should be able to survive aoe dots and dets and stuff... but anything that requires the raid to joust, your pet should have to joust too.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #33
aeyinar

Master

sorry i figured the other classes with pets had the same issues i di by the high number on death parses ....im a coecer so no aoe blocker on my pet that i can keep up 100%. my mystic has all the aoe blocker stuff how ever the pet is so weak it dies from  a single ae auto attack  from adds on doz fight in ud easy mode....

aeyinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #34
Cyrdemac

Loremaster

I guess, if anyone forces me to use an utility stance in a raid as a third tank, this would be the day, I stopped playing.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #35
Tekadeo

Loremaster

Cyrdemac wrote:

I guess, if anyone forces me to use an utility stance in a raid as a third tank, this would be the day, I stopped playing.

You are already utility boss.  It's called Tank. And I didn't suggest a stance, I suggested bettergroup/target buffs.

The thread is a little outdated, they won't be getting rid of Reckless; but I still think the idea is valid and tbh a way better plan than Reckless ever was.

Increasing other peoples' DPS instead of our own would have been a million times more sane, and would've created a million times less bad feedback.  Fighters are there to tank, and if they need more reason to ride along it should've been to take Utility roles instead of DPS roles--those spots are highly contested as is.  However, making a Zerker or a Bruiser be a capable replacement for a scout group/off tank Dirge would be great and add more flexibility.