EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
mappam

Loremaster

With all the changes since I re-started playing I was wondering what class(s) can Dual Wield bladed weapons?

Thanks

mappam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Calain80

Loremaster

As you posted in the fighter section: Berserker / Guardian Beside this all scouts beside the Beastlord can dual wield blades.
Calain80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
mappam

Loremaster

Thanks sooo much for the answer and reply!

I posted in Fighter as it seemed the most logical to me. And my main is a Guardian that has been using sword/board and (if I remember from earlier) this was her only option??) I am about to re-do her skill 'tree' and if I go DW then I do not need to put any points into Shield.

Thanks again for the info!!

Old 01-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Jemoo
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Faydarks Legion

Loremaster

Both Warriors and both Brawlers can DW. You don't need to put points anywhere to do so. There are some AAs (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have a Warrior) that still require a shield to use for Warriors. Besides those 4 fighters, all scouts can DW as well.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Calain80

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Both Warriors and both Brawlers can DW. You don't need to put points anywhere to do so. There are some AAs (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have a Warrior) that still require a shield to use for Warriors. Besides those 4 fighters, all scouts can DW as well.

But Brawlers can't dual wield blades. They can only dual wield crushing and fist weapons. The same is true for Beastlords, but they can also dual wield piercing weapons, but still no slasing weapons.

He exactly asked for dual wielding blades and Brawlers and the Beastlord can't do that.

The question about Sword and board for Guardian. Most play a Guard with sword and bord in groups but for solo play (or easy dungeons) you can dual wield two blades. There are only very few skills left that require you to have a shield equiped.

Calain80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #6
mappam

Loremaster

Interesting info - thanks for the replies!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
Damager

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

But Brawlers can't dual wield blades. They can only dual wield crushing and fist weapons. The same is true for Beastlords, but they can also dual wield piercing weapons, but still no slasing weapons.

He exactly asked for dual wielding blades and Brawlers and the Beastlord can't do that.

The question about Sword and board for Guardian. Most play a Guard with sword and bord in groups but for solo play (or easy dungeons) you can dual wield two blades. There are only very few skills left that require you to have a shield equiped.

Technically you would have to define what your version of a blade is as technically it cant mean "slashing" damage as Claws of JoJo and Monk Mythical for instance are slashing for brawlers.

Damager is offline   Reply With Quote