EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Netty

Loremaster
Netty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 227
Default

Are you doing anything about tank balance? are you looking at it? Do you know how unbalance the tanks are? So tiered of not having a red name telling us atleast something about anything. I have sent PM:s many have made threads but they just keep getting ignored. Tradeskill threads and stuff about housing get alot of red names in those threads.

Berserks is by far one of the worst tanks in raids atm. Solo is fine. groupage is fine. Raiding is just... Surviveability need to be looked at yet everything sems to go by blind eyes. Can someone pls atleast say if you know it is a problem or if you think its ok? New expansion did nothing about the unbalanced of the tanks as all focus did fall on the beastlord class...

Adrenaline need to be looked at again... Wall of force need to be a stone skin vs all damage. The inc damage as it is need to be lowered. Im by far the hardest tank class to keep up with the normal inc damage if you ask my healers (when i play my zerk that is) And we dont have anything to counter Death touch and so on. Hit rates are very low. The dps when being forced to use a shield is a joke for both warrior vs the other tank classes. Aggro on the zerk is just meh vs my guardian or my monk. Every time you have to put a shield on the dps drops down with huge numbers. and when DWing (losing all uncontested avoidance) We still dont parse as well as some of the other tank classes can.

Pls atleast say something xelgad. Anything would be better than nothing at all as it is right now.

Netty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
Bruener

Loremaster
Bruener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,010
Default

I feel the frustration.

Fighter balance is by far the worst it has ever been at end game.  You can split the Fighter classes in half and on one side you have the Fighters that have more than enough tools to tank end game.  And than on the other side you have the half that require extra care from healers and some luck.

So, SOE has basically balanced the agro of Fighters to be a non-issue no matter what Fighter you are.  They have made DPS differences a non-issue no matter what Fighter you are because of the huge disparity that T1 DPS has over everybody else while the difference between Fighters is minimal.  And yet they have let Survivability be a glaringly obvious issue with 3 classes having a whole bag of tools to handle spike damage and 2 of those Fighters having a huge avoidance advantage.

Believe me.  They know it is unbalanced.  That just makes it even more frustrating when there is still no concrete changes on the horizon.

__________________
Bruener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:44 AM   #3
Novusod

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,719
Default

Will you two give it a rest already. Every month or so you guys make the same stupid thread and rehash the same stupid arguements. It gets old so I don't blame the red names for just completely ignoring you.

There are only two conclusions that ever come out of these threads.

1. Yes, the Berserker needs to have adrenaline looked at if not fully restored to the way it was.

2. Tank avoidance is working as intended and does not need adjusting.

Everything else involves just minor adjustments that doesn't require these massive whine threads. Use /feedback and post in your class specific forums. Making up hyperbole about fighter ballance being the worst ever is a good way to get ignored.

__________________
Novusod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
Netty

Loremaster
Netty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 227
Default

And why are we making these threads you think? Since nothing happens. No one is saying anything. I want balance. I want my class fixed. If you dont like these threads well dont read then? The same stupid thread well maybe you are right. But if things would get looked at maybe we dident have to make the same stupid thread every month or so? As i said no one is forcing you to read it so dont if you dont like it and let me speak my mind about stuff.

And all tho i dont agree with B all the time hes right. Tank balance is the worst as it has ever been. Since 3 of the tanks cant tank most end game since they are lacking the tools to do so. In every other expansion even if a tank class have been after you still dident need a short recast stone skin on half the fights to be able to survive.

Netty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
Novusod

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,719
Default

Nothing happens because you are being intelectually dishonest. I have a real problem with you saying ballance is the "worst ever" because it is nonsence. In fact Tank ballance is probably the best it has ever been. All the tanks are viable OTs and 5 of the 6 tanks can MT. That is the best record they ever had as far as ballance goes. I remember a time  when guardian was the only viable MT and Zerker was by far the best OT. There was a plate tank monopoly but that is never coming back now. What we have in DoV is good tank ballance.

Also how many of these whine threads do you need? There are two other threads still at the top of the first page saying the same stuff by the same people. The Mods should probably lock this one because you are just trolling at this point. Nobody likes all this whiny crybaby threads all over the place.

__________________
Novusod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
Bruener

Loremaster
Bruener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,010
Default

The best ever.  That is a good one.  You mean if half the Fighters completely own the end game tanking realm while the other half are fillers for when you can't find a Brawler or Guardian than yeah...that is just so balanced.

Really the only reason these posts seem to upset you so much is because you know that the nerf bat is going to be swinging your way.  It is long long overdue and the longer it takes the harder it usually falls.

Heroic is balanced.  End game is just aweful.

__________________
Bruener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #7
Netty

Loremaster
Netty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 227
Default

Novusod wrote:

Nothing happens because you are being intelectually dishonest. I have a real problem with you saying ballance is the "worst ever" because it is nonsence. In fact Tank ballance is probably the best it has ever been. All the tanks are viable OTs and 5 of the 6 tanks can MT. That is the best record they ever had as far as ballance goes. I remember a time  when guardian was the only viable MT and Zerker was by far the best OT. There was a plate tank monopoly but that is never coming back now. What we have in DoV is good tank ballance.

Also how many of these whine threads do you need? There are two other threads still at the top of the first page saying the same stuff by the same people. The Mods should probably lock this one because you are just trolling at this point. Nobody likes all this whiny crybaby threads all over the place.

How is tank balance the best ever? All tanks have been able to tank everything up untill now. It just was harder for some other tank classes. So again what makes the tanks so balanced now in your opinion? Pls tell me i want to know. Ofcs you are happy since you are at the top now. Im not asking for nerfs im asking for fixes and if you think me make the 2 threads i have. 1 pre expansion and 1 now is spam there is something wrong with you really.

If ppl dont post nothing will get fixed. This thread is to ask for fixes not your personal opinion about stuff. As i said if you dont like it dont post in it. Ignore it. Since im not going to rest untill i get my class fixed and tanks balanced again.

What time was the zerk the best OT i wonder? the only expansion i rember zerks being worth something is SF.

Netty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #8
Novusod

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,719
Default

@ Netty: If you really wanted to help Berserkers you should be posting in threads like this one. Small adjustments are the order of the day but for some reason you don't want that.

I will tell you exactly when Zerkers had their moment of glory as the go to OT. It started in EoF when they allowed Zerkers to use their buckler AA spec with with a Tower Shield equiped. Then in RoK they got adrenaline and Mythical that gave them 100% AE autos all the time while no other tank had the ability to hold multiple adds as well as the zerker. In TSO the SK kind of eclipsed the zerker but they held up well enough through the expansion and into SF. I have been around a long time so I know the history of the tank classes very well. The Zerker is a little on the weak side in DoV but the class is by no means broken.

You don't even know what broken is if you didn't play brawler tank in EoF though the middle of TSO when scouts with sheilds were better tanks than brawlers and everyone knew it. Try having no death prevent at all before SF, no stoneskins, no damage reductions, paper armor, avoidance that was totally broken, and epics immune to your biggest taunt. Those issues are fixed now so you can't actually see what broken is because there aren't any totally broken classes anymore. That is why I say tank ballance is the best it has realistically ever been. No tank is totally is broken. They are all playable and workable in end game. Xelgad has done a very good job at fixing what actually needs to be fixed. He knows the truth of what I speak here.

__________________
Novusod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
Netty

Loremaster
Netty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 227
Default

Novusod wrote:

@ Netty: If you really wanted to help Berserkers you should be posting in threads like this one. Small adjustments are the order of the day but for some reason you don't want that.

I will tell you exactly when Zerkers had their moment of glory as the go to OT. It started in EoF when they allowed Zerkers to use their buckler AA spec with with a Tower Shield equiped. Then in RoK they got adrenaline and Mythical that gave them 100% AE autos all the time while no other tank had the ability to hold multiple adds as well as the zerker. In TSO the SK kind of eclipsed the zerker but they held up well enough through the expansion and into SF. I have been around a long time so I know the history of the tank classes very well. The Zerker is a little on the weak side in DoV but the class is by no means broken.

You don't even know what broken is if you didn't play brawler tank in EoF though the middle of TSO when scouts with sheilds were better tanks than brawlers and everyone knew it. Try having no death prevent at all before SF, no stoneskins, no damage reductions, paper armor, avoidance that was totally broken, and epics immune to your biggest taunt. Those issues are fixed now so you can't actually see what broken is because there aren't any totally broken classes anymore. That is why I say tank ballance is the best it has realistically ever been. No tank is totally is broken. They are all playable and workable in end game. Xelgad has done a very good job at fixing what actually needs to be fixed. He knows the truth of what I speak here.

The only of the warrior that could use a towershield with the buckler AA was the old guardian mythical. EoF was a guardian pally. No tank could tank adds aswell as a pally. In rok we got adrenaline aye. But we had kinda much - snap aggro tools vs guardian reinforcement and pally HG. Tso was crusder love all over. zerks worked fine tho but was not near the best of any as you claim. SF is the only expansion that the zerk has been a awsome raid tank. And sf was by far the most balance expansion for tank in every singel way. with only the guardian lacking in that expansion.

This thread is not about nerfing you class. Xelgad might have done a good job with brawlers but a bad one with zerk. Try and tank some hm stuff on a zerk and see how you like it. I will ask you again. If you dont agree you dont need to say anything els about it. Just keep out and let those that know how badly balance stuff is try and get it sorted.

Netty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
Bruener

Loremaster
Bruener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,010
Default

That is probably the worst interpretation of the history of EQ2 that I have ever seen.  First, the buckler line was not useable with a Tower shield for a Zerker until something like late RoK, early TSO.  Guards were able to equip a Tower shield with the buckler line with their Mythical which was OP'd at the time.  After that they changed the buckler line and nerfed the Guard mythical.

RoK Guards plain were the kings in both the MT and OT position for most content....with a few Avatar encounter making it nice to have a Paladin or Zerk on the roster for actually having AE content.

Really in the history of this game no xpac was more balanced for Fighters than SF once Guards got some fixes.  All Fighters were very viable tanks.  Some were better MTs and some were better OTs.  Brawlers had most of the tools that they have now unfortunately a lot of them just didn't figure out how to optimize their toons.  Part of why it was balanced is you did not have the big one shot mechanics on almost every AE round like you do now and mobs did not have a lot of strike through.  Forward to DoV beta and Crusaders/Zerkers see nerfs and get terrible Heroic AAs.  Brawlers get even more added into their arsenal and they create an xpac with an extremely overused strike through mechanic along with one shot AE's gallore.  Further in you start getting into MA from mobs used more and more and even into procs based on hit doing tons of damage.  Meanwhile even though the +mit mechanic was nerfed Brawlers were more than supplemented on their gear having higher mitigation reaching close to levels that Plate tanks have and with damage reduction capabilities physical hits do no more damage to them than they do to Plate tanks.  Move into AoD and nothing has changed.  Strike through still creates too large of an avoidance difference gap, something that with how MAs and those large procs work means a lot more damage taken.  AEs still on a regular rotation to one shot.  No gap in Physical damage.  Oh, I forgot the mechanic of needing constant hate position abilities to grab adds on a regular rotation...something that what do you know Guards and Brawler excel at.

Novusod your history is just plain wrong.  As stated before half the tanks seem to have all the tools they need to make the mechanics since DoV to deal with way easier while the other half are being replaced because it has been since SF since they have been on the same playing field.

The sad part is Xelgad knows exactly what is going on along with most of the Devs.  Unlike you I have talked to them.  Too much on the plate though has just delayed balancing Fighters for way way way too long.

__________________
Bruener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #11
Aull

Loremaster
Aull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,429
Default

Personally I am just glad to see some posts here on eq2 forums. While I do think SOE has done a great job bringing brawlers up I do think that the strikethrough mechanic needs to be done away with totally in all aspects of the game. Just flat rooted out and dissolved.

I don't think that there will ever be "balance" because what ever one fighter gets that assists them in areas where they lack the other fighters will holler. That being said I do believe that each fighter should have something that separates them from each other especially in the sub-classes. The only two that are really not alike are zerker and guardian. There for a while zerkers had the upper hand over guards simply because a zerker had just enough good defensive abilities plus an array of better offense as well where the guard was simply tougher on the harder mobs.

As for the brawlers they have been almost clones of each other. This year I would give an advantage to the monk because their defensive durations are longer and refresh quicker and their offense is far quicker. Over all both brawlers are shinning defensively just due to the immunity they have on their defensive stances.

I hope that the devs get back together and put us some new looks on fighters. That keeps it interesting.

Aull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #12
Landiin

Loremaster
Landiin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,749
Default

Oh look it's 2012 and Bruener is still QQing about tanks. Hey buddy, you class had the run of the place for 3 exp. Time to let it go. Tanks are pretty much ballanced every one but a had full agrees with this. Zerks need a tad bit adjusting and then every tank can do every tank roll. OMG!
__________________
Landiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
Bruener

Loremaster
Bruener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,010
Default

I see a Brawler and a Guard saying things are balanced.  LOL.

You are right though.  I have been spouting the same stuff since DoV beta, when things were obvious on the path Fighter balance was gonna go down.  Still hasn't changed so why would I be saying anything different.

Go elsewhere tool.

__________________
Bruener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:30 AM   #14
Gungo

Loremaster
Gungo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Crushbone
Posts: 5,378
Default

Bruener wrote:

I see a Brawler and a Guard saying things are balanced.  LOL.

You are right though.  I have been spouting the same stuff since DoV beta, when things were obvious on the path Fighter balance was gonna go down.  Still hasn't changed so why would I be saying anything different.

Go elsewhere tool.

Didnt you quit. O nm you lied again.

Look darkonx maintanks raids just fine on his shadowknight. Maybe you should learn to play better. Zerks are still badly off and paladins still need a reliable stone skin.

But your bs about fighters are worse now then ever is completely off. Strikethrough is completely a non issue, co-op strike is a non issue. Most one shot aoes you dont even need a stoneskin for. Paladins are tanking aoes that use to 1 shot kill tanks like haldanes elemental without stoneskins/deathsaves.

Right now the biggest issue for some tanks is hitrates in drunder with some tanks putting up 50-60% hitrates and some tanks in 70- 80%. But survivavbility is not an issue for ANY tank unless you suck at your class.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #15
Gungo

Loremaster
Gungo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Crushbone
Posts: 5,378
Default

Bruener wrote:

Really the only reason these posts seem to upset you so much is because you know that the nerf bat is going to be swinging your way.  It is long long overdue and the longer it takes the harder it usually falls.

You are so off its not even funny. Have you seen the new mythical cloaks with class based buffs. Monks win out again.

You honestly have no clue what you are talking about.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #16
Bruener

Loremaster
Bruener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,010
Default

Hey look, another Brawler thinking everything is just fine.

As far as Dark I know for a fact what he thinks of balance and I know why he was rolling up the Monk.  Sure a SK/Zerk/Paladin can MT.  You just have to stack up those Defensive healers and call for those cross raid saves.  Meanwhile Guard/Brawler you just do it all on your own with way less defensive need which is all around way better for the raid.

This is why you will see nerfs eventually.  Not sure if it will come out as straight up nerfs or if you will just see content released not catering to them at all along with not given jack in the future.  Either way its nerfs.

Its borderline hilarious reading posts from Brawlers and Guards saying how balanced things are.  Meanwhile thread after thread from Crusaders and Zerkers have continually popped up talking about how imbalanced it is.  There wasn't half as much disgruntlement from Fighters in SF, except for Guards who got their fixes they needed at the end (although even than idiots couldn't recognize how good the changes were for Guards with what they were given along with the implementation of the casting bar on mobs).

We went from the end of SF where all tanks were very good.  Some better in the MT role others better in the OT role.  But all extremely viable without having to completely change a whole raids compilation.  Any Fighter could slide into any role easily.  Now you have those that excel at taking one shots and snap agro, Guards/Brawlers and than you have those that don't.  The content is all about one shots and snaps...go figure.

There is only 1 encounter I can think of since DoV that you MIGHT have an advantage of choosing a Zerker or Crusader to OT on versus a Brawler or Guard...and that is probably highly debatable.  There is not a single encounter at all since DoV that a Zerker or Crusader would have an advantage MT'ing on.  That is imbalance.

~Oh by the way thanks for supporting my opinion that the Monk is probably the best Fighter Mythical cloak out there~

__________________
Bruener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #17
Novusod

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,719
Default

Bruener wrote:

Hey look, another Brawler thinking everything is just fine.

As far as Dark I know for a fact what he thinks of balance and I know why he was rolling up the Monk.  Sure a SK/Zerk/Paladin can MT.  You just have to stack up those Defensive healers and call for those cross raid saves.  Meanwhile Guard/Brawler you just do it all on your own with way less defensive need which is all around way better for the raid.

This is why you will see nerfs eventually.  Not sure if it will come out as straight up nerfs or if you will just see content released not catering to them at all along with not given jack in the future.  Either way its nerfs.

Its borderline hilarious reading posts from Brawlers and Guards saying how balanced things are.  Meanwhile thread after thread from Crusaders and Zerkers have continually popped up talking about how imbalanced it is.  There wasn't half as much disgruntlement from Fighters in SF, except for Guards who got their fixes they needed at the end (although even than idiots couldn't recognize how good the changes were for Guards with what they were given along with the implementation of the casting bar on mobs).

We went from the end of SF where all tanks were very good.  Some better in the MT role others better in the OT role.  But all extremely viable without having to completely change a whole raids compilation.  Any Fighter could slide into any role easily.  Now you have those that excel at taking one shots and snap agro, Guards/Brawlers and than you have those that don't.  The content is all about one shots and snaps...go figure.

There is only 1 encounter I can think of since DoV that you MIGHT have an advantage of choosing a Zerker or Crusader to OT on versus a Brawler or Guard...and that is probably highly debatable.  There is not a single encounter at all since DoV that a Zerker or Crusader would have an advantage MT'ing on.  That is imbalance.

~Oh by the way thanks for supporting my opinion that the Monk is probably the best Fighter Mythical cloak out there~

1.  There is already lots of content that doesn't cater to brawlers. Pretty much any encounter that has lots of adds spawning at the same time. If by nerfs you mean the status quo will continue then yeah you are right.

2.  As for the whine threads you and the OP created half of them. There isn't exactly a whole lot of uproar over tank imballance here. The silent majority is pretty satisfied.

3.  SK does very well in hardmode drunder. Best combo for Mystikus Terrorwing Hardmode is Guard + SK with no brawler needed.

__________________
Novusod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #18
Elskidor

Loremaster
Elskidor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 509
Default

Bruener wrote:

Hey look, another Brawler thinking everything is just fine.

Reminds me of Inquisitors. Of course a class will step up to defend their overpowered uberness. SKs did it all the time before the nerf bat hit. A perfect balance would be great to see one day.

Elskidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
Bruener

Loremaster
Bruener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,010
Default

Novusod wrote:

1.  There is already lots of content that doesn't cater to brawlers. Pretty much any encounter that has lots of adds spawning at the same time. If by nerfs you mean the status quo will continue then yeah you are right.

Wrong.  For one there are not a lot of encounters that spawn "lots" of adds.  All Fighters have those easy grab tools to grab a group of mobs.  However, some fighters have more snaps that are up more often to handle the required mechanic in todays game where you HAVE to snap a mob onto you from the MT and when they wipe. 

2.  As for the whine threads you and the OP created half of them. There isn't exactly a whole lot of uproar over tank imballance here. The silent majority is pretty satisfied.

 Actually there are a lot of threads that weren't started by me and Netty.  I will admit I am pretty vocal in them because just like in DoV beta it was extremely obvious and despite what you "think" it hasn't gotten better.  AEs still easily 1 shot the tanks unless they have a save.  Add mobs still need lots of snap capability to handle the best.

3.  SK does very well in hardmode drunder. Best combo for Mystikus Terrorwing Hardmode is Guard + SK with no brawler needed.

So you figured out the 1 encounter that I said Crusaders and Zerkers might actually be a better OT on.  1 encounter.

The fact of it is despite how "inflated" SK numbers got people are hardly playing them.  Just like people are hardly playing Paladins and Zerkers.  End game rosters in less than 1 xpac were completely re-arranged specifically around Brawlers.  The SK WW channel is dead, and I mean dead.  It hasn't been this quiet since RoK.

Really though we all knew how OP'd Brawlers were right when DoV started and a few of you are just trying to hang on as long as possible.  Unfortunately they let it get to the point where the rest of us want to see the nerf bat drop hard instead of them fixing the issues that were glaringly obvious right at the offset.

__________________
Bruener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:21 AM   #20
Gungo

Loremaster
Gungo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Crushbone
Posts: 5,378
Default

Bruener wrote:

Hey look, another Brawler thinking everything is just fine.

As far as Dark I know for a fact what he thinks of balance and I know why he was rolling up the Monk.  Sure a SK/Zerk/Paladin can MT.  You just have to stack up those Defensive healers and call for those cross raid saves.  Meanwhile Guard/Brawler you just do it all on your own with way less defensive need which is all around way better for the raid.

This is why you will see nerfs eventually.  Not sure if it will come out as straight up nerfs or if you will just see content released not catering to them at all along with not given jack in the future.  Either way its nerfs.

Its borderline hilarious reading posts from Brawlers and Guards saying how balanced things are.  Meanwhile thread after thread from Crusaders and Zerkers have continually popped up talking about how imbalanced it is.  There wasn't half as much disgruntlement from Fighters in SF, except for Guards who got their fixes they needed at the end (although even than idiots couldn't recognize how good the changes were for Guards with what they were given along with the implementation of the casting bar on mobs).

We went from the end of SF where all tanks were very good.  Some better in the MT role others better in the OT role.  But all extremely viable without having to completely change a whole raids compilation.  Any Fighter could slide into any role easily.  Now you have those that excel at taking one shots and snap agro, Guards/Brawlers and than you have those that don't.  The content is all about one shots and snaps...go figure.

There is only 1 encounter I can think of since DoV that you MIGHT have an advantage of choosing a Zerker or Crusader to OT on versus a Brawler or Guard...and that is probably highly debatable.  There is not a single encounter at all since DoV that a Zerker or Crusader would have an advantage MT'ing on.  That is imbalance.

~Oh by the way thanks for supporting my opinion that the Monk is probably the best Fighter Mythical cloak out there~

Your trying to jump on the zerker failboat but sorry shadowknights are not that bad off. Shadowknights are still way better then zerkers and better off then paladins. Dark made the monk BEFORE the nerfs to strikethrough and COOP. He plays his shadowknight on MOST content. He doesnt even like playing his monk. I litterally had to grind faction for his monk so he could buy  red runes for his weapons and DOV red runes for his armour because he was using SF adorns. He doesnt use his monk except when its absolutely needed in content.

You are an idiot. You keep saying brawlers are not getting jack int he future and they still keeping getting some of the best effects. Just like the monk mythical cloak. The only one arguably better for another figther is the paladin one and thats only if the paladin one behaves like equillibrium and not just a heal. You have no idea what your talking about and never have.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
Bruener

Loremaster
Bruener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,010
Default

The fact is none of you "brawlers" that love the current status quo can name a single encounter since DoV that is better to have either Crusader or Zerker to MT on over either Brawler or a Guard.  Even further you can't name any encounter besides Terrorwing since DoV that is better to have either Crusader or Zerker OT on over either Brawler or Guard either.

That is a far scream from balance.

It is far overdue for a change.

__________________
Bruener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #22
Novusod

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,719
Default

Shoukin just killed Tyrax Terrolus Hardmode with SK as the MT. I know I was there. The "far overdue change" already happened, you just have not seen it yet. The content seems to be shifting away from brawlers the further into it we get.

__________________
Novusod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #23
Bruener

Loremaster
Bruener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,010
Default

Are you telling me that that encounter for some unimaginable reason is better to use a SK to MT instead of a Guard or Brawler?  Or did you happen to use your SK because you were using your other tanks elsewhere because of the tools that they had that were superior to get the job done?

I will love to see this mob.....lol.

__________________
Bruener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #24
Novusod

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,719
Default

We tried with Guard and Bruiser MTs and failed. I am not going to give away the secret strat but SK is the way to go though.

__________________
Novusod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:26 AM   #25
Gungo

Loremaster
Gungo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Crushbone
Posts: 5,378
Default

Novusod wrote:

We tried with Guard and Bruiser MTs and failed. I am not going to give away the secret strat but SK is the way to go though.

Dark tanks everything on his shadowknight as well. The problem isnt necessarily the shadowknight class its the person playing (in bruener case he cant see his own failure). Zerks are a different story but bruener is trying to jump on the zerker class failboat so he can get buffed and OP again.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:01 AM   #26
Novusod

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,719
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Novusod wrote:

We tried with Guard and Bruiser MTs and failed. I am not going to give away the secret strat but SK is the way to go though.

Dark tanks everything on his shadowknight as well. The problem isnt necessarily the shadowknight class its the person playing (in bruener case he cant see his own failure). Zerks are a different story but bruener is trying to jump on the zerker class failboat so he can get buffed and OP again.

Honestly I will say it again. I think there is a really good ballance between the tank classes right now. Brawlers and Guards and SKs are in good shape from what I have witnessed. Zerkers are the only class that needs a bit of a boost.

__________________
Novusod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #27
Controlor

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 767
Default

Novusod wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Novusod wrote:

We tried with Guard and Bruiser MTs and failed. I am not going to give away the secret strat but SK is the way to go though.

Dark tanks everything on his shadowknight as well. The problem isnt necessarily the shadowknight class its the person playing (in bruener case he cant see his own failure). Zerks are a different story but bruener is trying to jump on the zerker class failboat so he can get buffed and OP again.

Honestly I will say it again. I think there is a really good ballance between the tank classes right now. Brawlers and Guards and SKs are in good shape from what I have witnessed. Zerkers are the only class that needs a bit of a boost.

Paladins need some additonal love as well god sir. Not a whole lot, but still hurting. Need 1 more save on reasonable reuse (that doesnt mess with our power or some other bull mechanic) and 1 more snap, about it.

Controlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #28
Bruener

Loremaster
Bruener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,010
Default

Novusod wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Novusod wrote:

We tried with Guard and Bruiser MTs and failed. I am not going to give away the secret strat but SK is the way to go though.

Dark tanks everything on his shadowknight as well. The problem isnt necessarily the shadowknight class its the person playing (in bruener case he cant see his own failure). Zerks are a different story but bruener is trying to jump on the zerker class failboat so he can get buffed and OP again.

Honestly I will say it again. I think there is a really good ballance between the tank classes right now. Brawlers and Guards and SKs are in good shape from what I have witnessed. Zerkers are the only class that needs a bit of a boost.

And honestly you guys are crack smokers.  There is nothing that a SK can bring that a Brawler or Guard can't do unless it is controlling more than 6 adds for an extended duration.  Taking one shots....Brawlers and Guards win out easily.  Snap agro....Brawlers and Guards win out easily.  Overall damage taken over time...Brawlers and Guards win.  Since DoV launched that is all encounters have been about....except for Terrorwing so far as I have tanked...which has what I mentioned earlier.  I will check out Tyrax soon and I will know exactly what you are talking about, or your perceived reason on why it was better.  However if it comes down to spike damage prevention, snap agro, or damage taken there is no reason to use anything but a Brawler or Guard.  Unless of course the Crusader or Zerk is just that much better of a player. (Take a HINT Gungo)

Oh wait LOL.  It must be one of those once in a great while encounters that is immune to melee damage or does something if hit will melee damage.

Yep.  Everything is balanced!!!!

Please.

EDIT: Hey I remember Sisters from SoH that required a Brawler to tank.  Everything must have been balanced way back than so why all the buffs to Brawlers since than?

__________________
Bruener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #29
Netty

Loremaster
Netty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 227
Default

Novusod wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Novusod wrote:

We tried with Guard and Bruiser MTs and failed. I am not going to give away the secret strat but SK is the way to go though.

Dark tanks everything on his shadowknight as well. The problem isnt necessarily the shadowknight class its the person playing (in bruener case he cant see his own failure). Zerks are a different story but bruener is trying to jump on the zerker class failboat so he can get buffed and OP again.

Honestly I will say it again. I think there is a really good ballance between the tank classes right now. Brawlers and Guards and SKs are in good shape from what I have witnessed. Zerkers are the only class that needs a bit of a boost.

Zerks dont need abit of a boost they need nearly a rewamp to fix everyhing that are just meh with them atm. You dont play a zerk so dont come here and make up stuff like you did with the buckler line.

1.Raid focus need to be changed. 12 combat skills added to berserk is useless. Adding 5% block chance on a temp buff is useless. 5% MA on the raid wide as a focus is close to nothing (yes its raid wide but most scouts get caped out anyway better to use the focus to do something usefull).  I can keep on with these the only one that are worth it for those is the extra triggers on rampage.

2.Adrenaline as you said aswell need to be looked at again to make it usefull.

3.Hit rates is just a joke on berserks.

4.Ward of rage need to be made usefull again since the heal crit nerf. Its to small now 280 ward is close to nothing.

5.Stone skin buff need to be turned into a stone skin buff or just for magical damage. Since most mobs dont use physical aoes/death touch.

6. Agrro is a big problem and need to looked at.

7. The over all inc damage is more than any fighter get and somehow it need to be fixed. Since zerks are forced to go as offensiv as poss losing shield never use Dstance and so on they lose alot.

8. Dps when wearing a shield need to be higher for both warriors imo.

9. open wound need to be made usefull. The change they did to it did nearly nothing to it.

I can keep this list going.... But those things are not huge but its not small fixes as you claim it to be. Tanks are not balanced atm and even guards are bad off even tho they can tank well. If brawlers are to be most defensiv guards should do more dps than them. I dont want nerfs at all i want balance and the tank classes that are lacking behind to be fixed. I agree tho what most said zerk is the one that need most fixes, Then pally need something added. But the tanks are not balanced atm as you claim.

Netty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #30
lostsandman

Loremaster
lostsandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 188
Default

I won't comment on damage mitigation as a SK since I have not done any hard modes as MT.

However it is a real pain to be an SK OT who needs to snap agro. SK severely lack the tools for that.

 

This issue was present even in SF but it wasn't a problem. SK did pretty good DPS and you can get snap agro by way of DPS. However in DoV, T1 DPS classes can easily do 4/5 times the DPS of fighters so you can't get snap agro by way of DPS anymore.

This is a classic example of SOE making a mechanics change without fully thinking through all the implications.

 

lostsandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:24 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.