EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #31
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

that's two items you have to farmthey are only procs and not up 100% of the timetwo items/rune slots you have to use JUST to get an effect which zerkers have innately - instead of using the PQ rune you could use the rune which gives you a 30% MA proc or 10% potecy to group.... or rime strike... or.... well you get the picture.

Deal with it.

Dead on Boli.

I don't see any tanks running these adorns in raid content.  Maybe if I really care I'll have a second set of gear adorned for PLing only with these on them, but even then I don't see it being a very big deal or particularly worth the effort.

I'm certainly not going to give up anything MA, CB, or Flurry related to pick up AoE auto.

these new types of procs offer all of that.. but meh.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #32
LygerT

Loremaster

while i despise tuor's approach at attention for the class, it is so heartwarming to see so many coming to our aid when i see such a grim future for the class this expansion and dragging on into the next.

thank you all.

i have a better proc for all fighter mythicals, a permanent buff that turns you into the FOTM class for the duration of an expansion.

LygerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:52 AM   #33
Drumstix

Loremaster

Not sure about the other items, but the Steel Bracelet got nerfe to 5% ae auto on the proc.

[DrumsUI] author @ EQ2Interface.com
Drumstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #34
Nulgara
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Prophecy of Runes

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Nothing stays unique for long in this game; tusnami used to be the *only* 100% parry/block/riposte ability in the game. now everyone has or wants one. Bards *used* to be the only class whcih gave crit chance outside of AA choices. guardians *used* to have the only stoneskin ability - one which was rated so powerful it literally broke their own shields to use it.

I'm Pretty sure warriors had it before monks did, look at the Desert of Flames Chest Plate from the Djinn Master "Warrior's Wish". Since Desert of Flames came out before Kingdom of Sky!

Nope. Tsunami came out in DoF dude. lvl 55 spell that existed the day DoF was released. but really who cares whop had what first.

your griping about procs that can in no way give you a 100% up time of these stats. Does it really matter. I mean honestly.

man its crazy I think you spend more time comparing crap that doesnt matter between multiple different classes, in the time it takes you to do that you coudl easily create a strong arguement on what changes your zerker requires.. I feel for you I do. I've played jsut about every class that others deem to have been under-powered at the time. I raid tanked as an SK long before TSO ever came out. I raid tanked as a monk from orginal release until EoF. every class gets the ups and downs. but as you all know the skilled player overcomes numerical in-efficiencies.

your a good zerker you know that, some of us know that.

my own opinion but I think you'lkd get more accomplished by being a proponent of your own class then constantly griping about what other classes can get or have gotten

Maahes - SK

Seyn - Monk

Nulgara - Necromancer

Ashys - Defiler

Lorrn - Warlock
Nulgara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #35
Gungo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Nothing stays unique for long in this game; tusnami used to be the *only* 100% parry/block/riposte ability in the game. now everyone has or wants one. Bards *used* to be the only class whcih gave crit chance outside of AA choices. guardians *used* to have the only stoneskin ability - one which was rated so powerful it literally broke their own shields to use it.

I'm Pretty sure warriors had it before monks did, look at the Desert of Flames Chest Plate from the Djinn Master "Warrior's Wish". Since Desert of Flames came out before Kingdom of Sky!

Nope. Tsunami came out in DoF dude. lvl 55 spell that existed the day DoF was released. but really who cares whop had what first.

your griping about procs that can in no way give you a 100% up time of these stats. Does it really matter. I mean honestly.

man its crazy I think you spend more time comparing crap that doesnt matter between multiple different classes, in the time it takes you to do that you coudl easily create a strong arguement on what changes your zerker requires.. I feel for you I do. I've played jsut about every class that others deem to have been under-powered at the time. I raid tanked as an SK long before TSO ever came out. I raid tanked as a monk from orginal release until EoF. every class gets the ups and downs. but as you all know the skilled player overcomes numerical in-efficiencies.

your a good zerker you know that, some of us know that.

my own opinion but I think you'lkd get more accomplished by being a proponent of your own class then constantly griping about what other classes can get or have gotten

Tsuami also cam out the day DOF was released, Djinn master loot was reitemized like midway through DOF.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #36
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Eh, you can keep your AoEs ... this Guard doesn't want them.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #37
Wasuna

Loremaster

If an item is an upgrade I'll take it. And, if your Guardian doesn't want AoE attack then you obviously don't want to hold agro on some classes. I have my AA for AoE attack up to 40% and I also have wild swings on my weapon. It helps keep agro a ton!

Old 09-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #38
LygerT

Loremaster

sure, so you always fight only one mob at a time as well as your group/raid.... that's an ignorant statement.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #39
circusgirl

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

sure, so you always fight only one mob at a time as well as your group/raid.... that's an ignorant statement.

Honestly, it's pretty easy to get away with only fighting one mob at a time in a raid if you're the MT.  Most fights you CAN'T have aggro on more than one mob or you instadie from cooperative strike, and OTs are usually more than happy to tank adds on the tiny fractions of fights that have non-coop adds.

circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #40
LygerT

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Honestly, it's pretty easy to get away with only fighting one mob at a time in a raid if you're the MT.  Most fights you CAN'T have aggro on more than one mob or you instadie from cooperative strike, and OTs are usually more than happy to tank adds on the tiny fractions of fights that have non-coop adds.

i can understand perhaps if this person ONLY EVER fights raid bosses and that is all. but when level cap comes around EVERYONE has to go out and gather up mass mobs at some point. sure he can always switch his AA, of course utilizing the part of the tree that almost no level 90 zerk touches.

i'm pretty sure that just about every player hits up a heroic instance now and then, and lacking any AE attack AT ALL is wasteful and will likely wind up destroying the armor on any class with more than a small grip on AE attacks.

as a side note, unless i'm mistaken in DoV(again admitting i'm a retired raid vet), even raid trash comes in packs of more than 1.