EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Check out the gear on test, nice of you to give everyone else my Mythical in one update.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
Landiin

Loremaster

Cry me a river
Old 08-22-2011, 01:52 AM   #3
Elskidor

Loremaster

Don't worry...they have a plan. They'll add something to your myth that allows you to turn into a fairy and fly, and maybe even proc nice 10% SC discounts 1.8 times a minute. They got this figured out!!! 

Elskidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
Boli32

Loremaster

Wizard's Myth buff10% SDA (on runes, adorns, procs, other spells) they used to have the *only* way to get spell double attack

Assasin15% flurry; flurry is everywhere now; before they had the ONLY source of flurry

paladin / brusier / zerker / guardiandamage reduction - DR is in procs (war rune) some pieces of old gear and even for a time on beserker spells

paladin10% of incoming damage is healed: now up to 50% on zerker adrenaline spell and actually a cleric endline AA choice in the herioc tree.

Troub / Dirge10% potency on CAs / Spells - this used to be a lot... now it is nothing

Monk50% strikethrough - whilst no-one can reach 50%, SK's new endline gives 15% guards get 15% pallys get 15% crusaders give 10% to group for a short time and you can get like 20% from gear until TSO monks were the only class with strikethough.

Dirgemax damage on CAs/Autoattack - now a group buff given by brawlers

A could go on.... but suffice to say no unique effect given by a class will remain unique for long. What the zerker myth gives... and what you completly FAIL to mention all the time is the bonus without actually needing to spec it or equip items or farm procs. Yes... every tank class could cap out on AoE autoattack... BUT:

that's two items you have to farmthey are only procs and not up 100% of the timetwo items/rune slots you have to use JUST to get an effect which zerkers have innately - instead of using the PQ rune you could use the rune which gives you a 30% MA proc or 10% potecy to group.... or rime strike... or.... well you get the picture.

Nothing stays unique for long in this game; tusnami used to be the *only* 100% parry/block/riposte ability in the game. now everyone has or wants one. Bards *used* to be the only class whcih gave crit chance outside of AA choices. guardians *used* to have the only stoneskin ability - one which was rated so powerful it literally broke their own shields to use it.

Deal with it.

Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
Bremer

Loremaster

Thank you Boli for your list of great effects that all stack, unlike AOE attack.
Bremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
Cratoh

Loremaster

Your mythical is serveral expansions old, and its boring to keep reading this same post in so many different forms.

Forum - 1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest

Censorship - deleting parts of publications or correspondence.

"Where there is official censorship it is a sign that speech is serious"
Cratoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
Boli32

Loremaster

Bremer wrote:

Thank you Boli for your list of great effects that all stack, unlike AOE attack.

Last time I checked flurry, SDA, "healed % when hit", "damage reduction" and "hit for max damage" all have caps.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
Bremer

Loremaster

Yeah, because everyone is at the flurry and SDA cap. So let's say the damage reduction cap was 10 % and damage reduction was the primary defensive effect of Paladins. First you have an AA line, that grants 4 % reduction. Then they make your ward a shorttime 10 % dmg reduction buff. Then they add the mythical with 10 % reduction. Then they put a 1 % dmg reduction on every item and add procs for 5 % dmg reduction. So every Fighter can easily get 10 % dmg reduction while also having tons of other defensive buffs, while you, as a Paladin, can get 40 % reduction with a cap of 10 % and no other buffs. Then you, as Paladin would say "Deal with it, nothing stays unique."? You must be a player from wet dreams of bad game designers.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
Cyrdemac

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

pallys get 15% .. strikethough.

Last time I checked, it was 10% ST on Paladin TSO line Boli, or did I miss some memo?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
Silzin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Revelations

Loremaster

Last time i heard guards have a temp buff for 75% strikethough. its what i heard.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
ZUES

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Wizard's Myth buff10% SDA (on runes, adorns, procs, other spells) they used to have the *only* way to get spell double attack

Assasin15% flurry; flurry is everywhere now; before they had the ONLY source of flurry

paladin / brusier / zerker / guardiandamage reduction - DR is in procs (war rune) some pieces of old gear and even for a time on beserker spells

paladin10% of incoming damage is healed: now up to 50% on zerker adrenaline spell and actually a cleric endline AA choice in the herioc tree.

Troub / Dirge10% potency on CAs / Spells - this used to be a lot... now it is nothing

Monk50% strikethrough - whilst no-one can reach 50%, SK's new endline gives 15% guards get 15% pallys get 15% crusaders give 10% to group for a short time and you can get like 20% from gear until TSO monks were the only class with strikethough.

A could go on.... but suffice to say no unique effect given by a class will remain unique for long. What the zerker myth gives... and what you completly FAIL to mention all the time is the bonus without actually needing to spec it or equip items or farm procs. Yes... every tank class could cap out on AoE autoattack... BUT:

that's two items you have to farmthey are only procs and not up 100% of the timetwo items/rune slots you have to use JUST to get an effect which zerkers have innately - instead of using the PQ rune you could use the rune which gives you a 30% MA proc or 10% potecy to group.... or rime strike... or.... well you get the picture.

Nothing stays unique for long in this game; tusnami used to be the *only* 100% parry/block/riposte ability in the game. now everyone has or wants one. Bards *used* to be the only class whcih gave crit chance outside of AA choices. guardians *used* to have the only stoneskin ability - one which was rated so powerful it literally broke their own shields to use it.

Deal with it.

Are you complete newbsauce?

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #12
circusgirl

Loremaster

I think we're all forgetting the important question here, which is where does that stuff drop?

circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I think we're all forgetting the important question here, which is where does that stuff drop?

from Throne of Storms!

You don't even have to quest for my mythical!

Old 08-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Not Capped.

Not Capped.

Capped at 50%, you have 4% from War Rune and 10% from Paladin Mythical, a little short of 50% amiright?

Capped at 100%, you have 10%, long way to go!

No Cap for Potency! SMILEY

Cap for Strikethrough is 100%! and looks like only one class can make it half way across that line!

No Cap for this spell either!

I would wear that bracelet for the 25% Critical Chance and 20% Multi-Attack Chance forever... the 50% AOE Autoattack Chance is ICING On the Cake!

Yes they are up 100% all the time! Its a 10% chance to proc it for 24 Seconds, Manalink is the same chance and it lasts 16 seconds, thats 8 seconds less, and its up ALL THE TIME!  

I'm Pretty sure warriors had it before monks did, look at the Desert of Flames Chest Plate from the Djinn Master "Warrior's Wish". Since Desert of Flames came out before Kingdom of Sky!

Deal with it.

I am, I'm not angry that you guys got my mythical for free from a common trash drop in throne of storms! didn't even have to quest for it either!

Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #15
Bremer

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Last time i heard guards have a temp buff for 75% strikethough. its what i heard.

Warriors, 5 min reuse.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #16
Talathion

Loremaster

Bremer wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Warriors, 5 min reuse.

I'd rather have 5% Strikethrough Forever then that ****, I only use it for the Hate Proc :/

Old 08-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #17
Alpharaz

Lord

Awesome!!! I've been so jealous of the zerkers ever since i saw a buddy of mine (zerker) get his myth buff I often even thought of rolling a zerker just for that. Now it saves me the trouble of rolling a zerker i can do the same thing on my pally now woot!!

Alpharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #18
Alpharaz

Lord

Alpharaz wrote:

Awesome!!! I've been so jealous of the zerkers ever since i saw a buddy of mine (zerker) get his myth buff I often even thought of rolling a zerker just for that. Now it saves me the trouble of rolling a zerker i can do the same thing on my pally now woot!!

lol no sorry i know that's rude and you guys are getting shafted it is not fair. i can't help to be a little excited at the same time though almost like a guilty pleasure, even tho it is truly wrong and i will agree with that whats the point of a myth buff if you just giving it to every class.

Alpharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #19
Bremer

Loremaster

The problem is not that everyone gets the effect, but that Berserkers are running around with 250 % AE attack (procs not included) since RoK and nothing stacks.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #20
Boli32

Loremaster

Bremer wrote:

The problem is not that everyone gets the effect, but that Berserkers are running around with 250 % AE attack (procs not included) since RoK and nothing stacks.

I've always been in favour of open wounds being changed to somethgin other than the mythical effect (i.e. 100% MA instead oa 100% AoE Auto) but you cannot complain that your mythical effect has been given to other peopel in the form of items.... it has been avial to more than zerkers since DoF... in fact swashies should be moaning more.

However you moan about this change no-one is gettign a pernament 100% AoE auto.... it is only from procs and unlike zerkers other classes have to invest adorn slots as well as items slots which at this current time break their wrist set bonus if they have access to at the very least EM gear.

What zerker have is the flexibility NOT to spend AA or NOT to adorn their gear a certain way. Mythical effects are not, or will never be completely unique... that was made very clear with TSO.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #21
Bremer

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Bremer wrote:

you cannot complain that your mythical effect has been given to other peopel

Where do I complain?

And instead of spending AA points or farming gear for AE attack I should spend my AA points and farm for a or Grave Sacrament proc? If it only was an AA choice or drop.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #22
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Bremer wrote:

I've always been in favour of open wounds being changed to somethgin other than the mythical effect (i.e. 100% MA instead oa 100% AoE Auto) but you cannot complain that your mythical effect has been given to other peopel in the form of items.... it has been avial to more than zerkers since DoF... in fact swashies should be moaning more.

However you moan about this change no-one is gettign a pernament 100% AoE auto.... it is only from procs and unlike zerkers other classes have to invest adorn slots as well as items slots which at this current time break their wrist set bonus if they have access to at the very least EM gear.

What zerker have is the flexibility NOT to spend AA or NOT to adorn their gear a certain way. Mythical effects are not, or will never be completely unique... that was made very clear with TSO.

Wheres the bracelet with Amends? I want to transfer 40% of the targets hate to myself for my berserker SMILEY

Old 08-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #23
Boli32

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Bremer wrote:

Wheres the bracelet with Amends? I want to transfer 40% of the targets hate to myself for my berserker

Trak shield... which was only removed due to brawlers moaning.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #24
Gungo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Not Capped.

Not Capped.

Capped at 50%, you have 4% from War Rune and 10% from Paladin Mythical, a little short of 50% amiright?

No Cap for Potency!

Cap for Strikethrough is 100%! and looks like only one class can make it half way across that line!

I would wear that bracelet for the 25% Critical Chance and 20% Multi-Attack Chance forever... the 50% AOE Autoattack Chance is ICING On the Cake!

Yes they are up 100% all the time! Its a 10% chance to proc it for 24 Seconds, Manalink is the same chance and it lasts 16 seconds, thats 8 seconds less, and its up ALL THE TIME!  

I'm Pretty sure warriors had it before monks did, look at the Desert of Flames Chest Plate from the Djinn Master "Warrior's Wish". Since Desert of Flames came out before Kingdom of Sky!

Deal with it.

I am, I'm not angry that you guys got my mythical for free from a common trash drop in throne of storms! didn't even have to quest for it either!

Your wrongGuards can cap strikethrough and hate gainAssassins after LU 61 will either be VERY close or overcapped on flurry soon depending on haste.

While i beleive aoe auto needs to be uncapped, a few mroe stats need to be uncapped as well and a few adjustments to classes such as zerkers need to be done before they uncap aoe auto.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #25
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Not Capped.

Not Capped.

No Cap for Potency!

Deal with it.

Your wrongGuards can cap strikethrough and hate gainAssassins after LU 61 will either be VERY close or overcapped on flurry soon depending on haste.

While i beleive aoe auto needs to be uncapped, a few mroe stats need to be uncapped as well and a few adjustments to classes such as zerkers need to be done before they uncap aoe auto.

Yes.. for 30 seconds every 5 minutes, which is almost nothing.

I also want a bracelet with 50% Strikethrough!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #26
Raviel
Server: Guk
Guild: Dream

Loremaster

Bremer wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Warriors, 5 min reuse.

I'd rather have 5% Strikethrough Forever then that ****, I only use it for the Hate Proc :/

are you seriously complaining about experienced insight? you b**** and moan about hitrates, then say the one spell we have that gives us almost 100% hit rates for the duration is bad? wow.

Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #27
Talathion

Loremaster

Raviel wrote:

Bremer wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Warriors, 5 min reuse.

are you seriously complaining about experienced insight? you b**** and moan about hitrates, then say the one spell we have that gives us almost 100% hit rates for the duration is bad? wow.

Its bad because its a temp buff, temp buffs are not what are class is, our class has and always will be passive.

What would be better is 25% Strikethrough Chance for 30 Seconds on a 2min Reuse Timer.

Or 20% Strikethrough Forever and a Hate Gain Proc.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #28
circusgirl

Loremaster

from Throne of Storms!

You don't even have to quest for my mythical!

Which version of the zone?

circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #29
Raviel
Server: Guk
Guild: Dream

Loremaster

Raviel wrote:

Bremer wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Warriors, 5 min reuse.

Its bad because its a temp buff, temp buffs are not what are class is, our class has and always will be passive.

What would be better is 25% Strikethrough Chance for 30 Seconds on a 2min Reuse Timer.

Or 20% Strikethrough Forever and a Hate Gain Proc.

looking at my ui right now, i see 11 temp buffs. what class are you playing again?

Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #30
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Deal with it.

Dead on Boli.

I don't see any tanks running these adorns in raid content.  Maybe if I really care I'll have a second set of gear adorned for PLing only with these on them, but even then I don't see it being a very big deal or particularly worth the effort.

I'm certainly not going to give up anything MA, CB, or Flurry related to pick up AoE auto.