EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Happen to find an achievement that just plain does not work? Post here and we will take a look at it.

v/r

Gninja

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Morghus

Loremaster

Destiny of Velious  Overachiever:

lists mostly heroic achievements but includes Bregdor Bitelimb and Soren the Vindicator which are raid mobs.

Destiny of Velious Vanquished:

Tserrina Syl'tor and King Tormax are listed and do not complete despite beating their raid encounters.

Twin Idols of Zek are listed here instead of Statue of Rallos Zek.

Ally of Othmir Artisans and ally of Icelad Pirates:

There does not appear to be any possibile way in-game to raise these factions.

Escaping the shadows and the Curse is broken are both listed under DOV raids as for defeating Tserrina, but neither update and I presume one is for the heroic version.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
Jardon

Loremaster

Am not getting the Mauling Maulhammer achievement, and I have killed him a number of times.

Raztok, 90 Troubador/90 Alchemist, Antonia Bayle
Jardok 90 Bruiser/90 Weaponsmith, Antonia Bayle
Razmer, 90 Zerker/90 Armorer, Antonia Bayle
Jarrel, 90 Brig/90 Provisioner, Antonia Bayle
Raznyk, 80 Wizard/90 Carpenter, Antonia Bayle
Jazdar, 90 Inquisitor/90 Sage, Antonia Bayle
Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

I just fixed the Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar related achievements. They should be coming in with an upcoming hotfix. I will take a look at these listed as well SMILEY

Old 04-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Am not getting the Mauling Maulhammer achievement, and I have killed him a number of times.

I am not finding anything wrong with Mauling Maulhammer... Is anyone else having this issue?

Morghus wrote:

lists mostly heroic achievements but includes Bregdor Bitelimb and Soren the Vindicator which are raid mobs.

Fixed!

Tserrina Syl'tor and King Tormax are listed and do not complete despite beating their raid encounters.

Fixed!

Fixed! Removed these achievements as there is no way to earn them.

Escaping the shadows and the Curse is broken are both listed under DOV raids as for defeating Tserrina, but neither update and I presume one is for the heroic version.

Fixed!

Keep an eye on patch notes for these to be fixed. They will likely be included with GU60.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #6
Morghus

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

I am not finding anything wrong with Mauling Maulhammer... Is anyone else having this issue?

Morghus wrote:

Fixed!

Fixed!

Fixed! Removed these achievements as there is no way to earn them.

Fixed!

Keep an eye on patch notes for these to be fixed. They will likely be included with GU60.

So when those achievements are moved over to the correct category, they should be awarded from the other sections as well correct?

Also, with the othmir artisans and iceclad pirates, are the factions themselves going to be removed as well? It is currently possible to earn faction with them via  few spread out questlines, but once those were exhausted there was no way to reach the 40k value to gain the achievement.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #7
Leovinus

Loremaster

No achievements at all for Foundations of Stone.  In Hall of Legends, Mordfrost, Kolskeggr don't update, nor does Primus Pilus Gunnr (which is also badly misspelled).  Nothing in Kraytoc's appears to update, except Frostbeard.

Heroic.  Maulhammer doesn't update, nor does Bob, but you fixed that.

Destiny of Velious Vanquisher (for raid achievements) doesn't have Kraytoc or the Statue of Zek.

Destiny of Velious Overachiever (the one for heroic achievements) has Arch Magister Mordfrost, Kreegar Krikneck, Bregedor Bitelimb, Legatus Prime Mikill, Cara Omica, Vindicator Soren, all raid mobs of one type or another.

Leovinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #8
Morghus

Loremaster

Leovinus wrote:

No achievements at all for Foundations of Stone.  In Hall of Legends, Mordfrost, Kolskeggr don't update, nor does Primus Pilus Gunnr (which is also badly misspelled).  Nothing in Kraytoc's appears to update, except Frostbeard.

Heroic.  Maulhammer doesn't update, nor does Bob, but you fixed that.

The "demise" of whoever raid achivements are only being given by the hard mode kills currently it seems.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #9
FlintAH

Loremaster

Unless these achievement require HM kills:

Bregedor Bitelimb's Demise does not update on EM kill

Eireen the Broken's Demise does not update on EM kill

Iilatus Frostbeard's Demise does not update on HM kill

King Tormax's Demise does not update on EM kill

Imperator Kolskeggr's Demise does not update on EM kill

Kreegar Krikneck's Demise does not update on EM kill

Primum Piln Gunnr's Demise does not update on EM kill

Sense of Urgency's dont update on the x4 mobs and dont list a time you have to complete them in.  Pretty sure unless Bregedor/Iilatus require you to kill them less than 5 minutes after zone creation we have done it though....

Shorthanded dont list how many people you have to have on x4, and we have 3 grouped quite a few of them and no update.

Taaltak the Mighty's Demise does not update on EM kill

Tert Turganpuncher's Demise does not update on EM kill

There are two achievements for Tserrina Syl'tor listed in raid achievements, one says kill and the other says defeat....  Intentional or is one intended for the heroic x2 one?  If so the one intended for that does not update and is miscategorized....

Xalgoti's achievements are listed under raid instead of heroic....

FlintAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:11 AM   #10
Llenwyn
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Fate

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Got this issue as well. Have ran Ascent several times, but still haven't received the achievement.

Llenwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #11
Leovinus

Loremaster

Most of the x4 sense of urgencies list no time limit.  Tserrina in the x2 lists it as 30 minutes, which I believe is excessive, it should be 60 minimum, probably 90.

Shorthanded x4 achievements also have no numbers listed, and x2 shorthandeds list 8, down from 9 in previous expansions.

Leovinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Thanks folks I will try to work through all of these and get them corrected for GU60. In regards to the faction achievements I am not removing the factions only the achievements for them.

For GU60 achievements the new raid mobs should have achievements for Normal Mode and Hard Mode kills. This includes normal kill, Flawless, and shorthanded. Zone bosses will reward with Sense of Urgency if zones are completed in the allotted amount of time.

I will also try to go back and make sure all the raids from expansion launch have that same level of achievements.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #13
Crabshack
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

how about a flawless charm while you're at it.

Crabshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #14
Valgrave

Loremaster

The achievement called "Mission Implausible" doesn't recognize that you completed your previous missions, meaning, instead of recognizing that you did 1000 missions and obtained the previous achievement, it resets and makes you start at 0 to get 2000 missions.  The previous "mission" achievements always recognized your previous achievement totals.

Valgrave

Valgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #15
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

Valgrave wrote:

The achievement called "Mission Implausible" doesn't recognize that you completed your previous missions, meaning, instead of recognizing that you did 1000 missions and obtained the previous achievement, it resets and makes you start at 0 to get 2000 missions.  The previous "mission" achievements always recognized your previous achievement totals.

Valgrave

I will take a look at it. It should be fairly easy to fix.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #16
Irgun

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

Valgrave wrote:

Valgrave

I will take a look at it. It should be fairly easy to fix.

Still not fixed - still missing 1000 missions on the counter. :-/

Its easily done: if character has "secret agent"-title /add 1000missions to counter. SMILEY

Irgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #17
darksummoner85

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Gninja wrote:

Got this issue as well. Have ran Ascent several times, but still haven't received the achievement.

Same problem for me for months

darksummoner85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:35 AM   #18
darksummoner85

Loremaster

nothing in Kryatoc fortress is awarding achievements same for Throne of storms all EM

Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 AM   #19
Morghus

Loremaster

Heroic Idols of Zek, and the last encounters of the first two heroic drunder zones are sorted under raid achievements "destiny of velious vanquished". Legatus prime Mikil is also not in the raid category and is listed under heroic achievements. The Goredeth achievement is ticked off for me as complete, I think it is only counting the x4 from SG for it.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #20
Bunji

Build Master

darksummoner85 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Gninja wrote:

Same problem for me for months

The Maulhammer achievements should be fixed in the next Hotfix.

Bunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #21
Vraeth
Guild: Runnyeye Raiding Club

Loremaster

sense of urgency spectral librarian does not update

Vraeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #22
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

[email protected] wrote:

Heroic or X2?

Old 06-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #23
Vraeth

Loremaster

Gninja wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Heroic or X2?

heroic

x2 has a different name

Old 06-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #24
Bunji

Build Master

darksummoner85 wrote:

nothing in Kryatoc fortress is awarding achievements same for Throne of storms all EM

Achievements for the Kraytoc Fortress / Throne of Storms (normal and challenge) modes will be fixed up with the next game update.  There will be achivements for both normal and challenge modes for both zones.

Bunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:21 AM   #25
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

Bunji wrote:

darksummoner85 wrote:

Achievements for the Kraytoc Fortress / Throne of Storms (normal and challenge) modes will be fixed up with the next game update.  There will be achivements for both normal and challenge modes for both zones.

Are you talking about the next numbered game update (Ie GU61)? If so, that is simply ridiculous -- these achievements (which have been broken since launch) won't be fixed unitl basically 6 months after the content was introduced? Now understandably they're not exactly an important or major function of the game, but seriously is the system that complex that you guys can't fix them in a hotfix? They certainly seem easy enough for you guys to make (thus the hundreds of raid achievements for each mob and flawless and sense of urgency etc), why is it so difficult to fix the ones you already put in?

Seems like a perfect job for an intern. I usually try to avoid saying that anything related to programming the game and creating it's content is simple, but just based on the sheer numbers of those achievements that you guys have pumped out (look at all the Drunder ones, for example) I honestly cannot see this being a difficult process. Its obvious enough that all the descriptions are copy-paste (or script generated by name) since they're all the same and don't even make sense for the SoU or Flawless achievements. Of course theres other things that don't make sense, like:Tripumphs hooked up to a hodgepodge mix of heroic and raid stuff, arbitrary 60 minute times for SoU (which are buggy and sometimes some people get a SoU anyway even though the actual instance age is longer) but the thing that bugs me is just this pushing this change months back to a GU when it should be a simple fix.

You guys dropped the ball here, and for no apparent good reason. This is something that ought to be so simple to hook up that you can hire Intern Ricky to do it in a few days to cut his teeth on getting in to the game. If for some reason it's not that simple, then maybe there needs to be a discussion as to whether that many achievements need to be there and whether this is a sustainable system.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #26
-Fluffy-

Tester

Here's what I've found so far, some of them have been mentioned before, but still not working in my journal.

Dungeons:Escaping the Shadows - Defeat Tserina Syl'Tor in the Tower of Frozen Shadow.Since it doesn't say Haunt of Syl'Tor I assume this is in the x2 zone? I killed that a week or so ago and it didnt update. If it is the heroic zone then it's been a while since I killed that, might have been changed since then, but kinda doubt it.

Sense of Urgency: Spectral Librarian Emiida - Defeat the librarian in ToFS:SC in 60 minutes. I have done this several times, but no updates.

Quests:Mission Implausible - Complete 2000 missions. I have just completed the 500 mission one and the 1000 one lists 511/1000 done, but this one only lists 253/2000, which is what I have done since DoV. It should list 511/2000.

Tradeskills:Undivided Attention to Detail - Complete 50 tradeskill quests in Great Divide. I have completed every quest in both [Removed for Content] and EW tradeskill or not, but this achievement only lists 47/50 done. I suspect some of the quests might not have counted for this on the release day of DoV, which is when I completed them. Other people seem to have no problems with it.

Raids:As already mentinoed most of the Kraytoc's/Throne of Storms achievements do not work. The only one I actually managed to get is Iilatus Frostbeard, the rest didn't update.

There doesn't seem to be any achievements for the Temple x4 zone.

Flawless: Warmaster Deynka Packlasher's Demise - Defeat the Warmaster in Tower of Tactics. 2 things are wrong with this one. 1. Tower of Tactics is a heroic zone so it shouldnt be under raids and 2. no other heroic zones have flawless achievements, so this one shouldn't either.

Flawless: Warmaster Korok Hai's Demise - Defeat the Warmaster in Strategist's Stronghold. Exactly the same problem as the one above. The zone is heroic.

Sense of Urgency: Escaping the Shadows + Sense of Urgency: The Curse is Broken - Both of these call for killing Tserrina Syl'Tor in ToFS in less than 30 min. One of them should be listed under the Dungeons category and specify that it is in the Haunt of Syl'Tor zone. (I'm guessing it's Escaping the Shadows)

Sense of Urgency: Vindicator Soren's Demise - Defeat Vindicator Soren in Kael Drakkel in less then 60 min. Kael Drakkel is an open contested zone, so how is that even possible?

Shorthanded: Warmaster Deynka Packlasher's Demise - See the flawless one above.

Shorthanded: Warmaster Korok Hai's Demise - See above.

The Curse is Broken - Defeat Tserrina Syl'Tor in ToFS - No update from killing her in either zone.

Warmaster Deynka Packlasher's Demise - This mob is in a heroic zone, should be moved to Dungeons.

Warmaster Korok Hai's Demise  - See above.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #27
darksummoner85

Loremaster

Twin Idols of Zek and Sence of Urgency Twin Idols of Zek are broken atm  In Temple of Rallos Zek EM

Old 06-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #28
Irgun

Loremaster

Lacking 60 points since last update - are there any achievements you guys deleted??

Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #29
Vraeth

Loremaster

while these i think are broken, its the other way around...the achievements norrathian air, boing..boing..boing.. and soarin' over norrath get updated upon login right after the patches, when you obviously havent even gotten your mounts yet

Old 06-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #30
Irgun

Loremaster

Shorthanded Korok Hai Demise even updates, which is stupid because its as mentioned heroic....